larus

MBC DRAMA 2019

THE BANKER

1VGICX8YYA_1.jpg

Hangul: 뱅커

Genre:drama

Network: MBC

Episodes: 32

Director: Lee Jae-Jin (All Kinds of Daughters-in-Law, My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol, Here Comes Oh Ja-ryong)

Writer: Seo Eun Jung, Oh Hye Ran, Bae Sang Wook

Release Date: March 27, 2019- May 16, 2019

Runtime: Wednesday & Thursday 22: 00 (2 episodes back-to-back) following drama Spring Must Be Coming

Production Company: MBC Drama Production

OST:

Official site: Here

Plot

The banker plays an active role in pursuing justice in an era of money and power revolving around the bubble economy collapsing and the financial authorities shifting the existing policies.

Notes

Based on manga series "Kansayaku Nozaki Shuhei" by Ryouka Shuu (writer) & Shigeru Noda (illustrator) (published from 1998 to 2002 in magazine Manga Allman).

Cast

Kim Sang-Joong as No Dae-ho

lim.jpg

Chae Shi-Ra as Han Soo Ji

han.jpg

Yoo Dong-geun as Kang Sam Do

you.jpg

Kim Tae Woo  as Lee Hae Gon

kim.jpg

Ahn Woo Yeon as Seo Bo Gul

Ahn Nae Sang as Yook Kwan Shik

Seo Yi Sook as Do Jung-Ja

Kim Kyu Chul as Park Gwang-Soo

Kim Young Pil  as Secretary Kim

Shin Do hyeon as Jang Mi Ho

Oh Seung Eun as

Im Seung Dae as Kim Young-Ho

Cha In-Ha as Moon Hong Joo

Park Jung-Hak as Bae Dong-Seok

Lee Yoon Sang as Jo Young-Sik

Joo Suk Tae as Im Chang-Jae

Oh Yong as Min Hyung-Ki

Jung Kyung-Ho - Byeon Sung-Tae

Jung Hyung Suk as Sung Chi-Wook

Nam Myung Suk as Park Jin-Ho

Kim Byeong Ki as Choi Jong-Soo

Ryoo Sung Hyun as Park Jung-Bae

Park Seo-Yeon as No Han-Sol

Kim Ji-Sung as Kang Hye-Ryung

Character Chart

cast.jpg

Posters

The-Banker-mp1.jpg

The-Banker-mp2.jpg

visual4.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Kim Sang-joong, Chae Si-ra and Yoo Dong-geun Star in Drama "The Banker"

by Vasia Orion on 2018/12/10 at 16:57 PST

photo1022434.jpg

Previously teased back in April, "The Banker" is finally becoming a reality, and Kim Sang-joong is going to be joined by fellow heavyweights Chae Si-ra and Yoo Dong-geun in this adventure. Now this is the type of casting that makes life beautiful, isn't it?

Kim Sang-joong confirms his previously offered role as auditor No Dae-ho, a man of purity and integrity. Chae Si-ra plays a charismatic career woman, and Dae-ho's partner, while there's currently no information on Yoo Dong-geun's role. Basics are good, and this is a great start at them!

more

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-kim-sang-joong-chae-si-ra-and-yoo-dong-geun-star-in-drama-the-banker-124820.html

MBC's "The Banker" to Star Kim Sang-joong, Chae Si-ra, and Yoo Dong-geun

photo1022229.jpg

Kim Sang-joong, Chae Si-ra and Yoo Dong-geun are starring in the new MBC drama "The Banker".

"The Banker" is based on a famous Japanese comic is an office drama that tells the story of people struggling to protect justice against corruption and unusual happenings at large banks where money and power are plentiful and coveted.

Kim Sang-joong comes back for the first time in a year as Auditor Noh Dae-ho. Chae Si-ra appears as his partner and a charismatic career woman. These two starred in the 1997 MBC drama "Illusion" and this is the first time in 22 years that they are starring in a drama together.

Yoo Dong-geun's appearance in "The Banker" heightens the anticipation as he is an actor of a variety of passionate performances, including warm paternal love and heart-warming middle-aged romance.

https://www.hancinema.net/mbc-s-the-banker-to-star-kim-sang-joong-chae-si-ra-and-yoo-dong-geun-124871.html

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Banker 더 뱅커 - Kim Sang Joon & Chae Shi Ra - Wednesday & Thursday @22:00 - Premieres in March
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, joccu said:

Love the cast. 

I love the cast too.

The veteran actors are all Daesang winners. I love the fact that they have major roles in this drama. I hope the veteran actors and more younger cast will  have a good script in their hands. 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] The Banker 더 뱅커 - Kim Sang Joon & Chae Shi Ra - Wed & Thu @22:00 KST - Premieres in March

http://www.tiptipnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=27290

OMG! Kim Tae Woo, Ahn Nae Sang, Seo Yi Sook in this drama? I will see Kim Tae Woo in two dramas this year. YAY!

1VE4H2AH79_1.jpg

It is a financial office drama that tells the stories of those who struggle to protect justice against corruption and absurdity of a big bank where money and power come together as a work.

Kim Young-pil will play the role of 'Kim Chil-jang', the secretary of 'Kang Sam-do'. He started working as a secretary on the recommendation of an outsider who is not a banker.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1VE4H2AH79

23 hours ago, jongski said:

Even though there's only one banker for me  *coughs* My Beautiful Bride's Kim Moo Yul.... I see that my ajusshi loves is here... Kim Tae Woo! Of course I'm gonna check this. I hope I don't get bored though. 

I still remember Kim Moo Yul in My Beautiful Bride. :P  Yes, Kim Tae Woo will be in this. I would have said that he did it.... whatever it was a bad thing in the drama even without reading the synopsis :lol: but I am glad that he plays a good guy in the other drama who is a romcom. It doesn`t matter what role he will play in this drama. I think I read the synopsis for the Japaneze drama and the female lead character (played in the Korean version by Cha Shi Ra) tries to stop the hero reveling the corruption. There will be more people against No Dae Ho (Kim sang joong).

How can you be bored with so many fine actors/ actresses on screen? No worry.

Major Broadcasting Stations Making Changes After Popularity Of Cable Dramas

by C. Hong

MBC have also chosen to shift away from the typical romantic comedy storyline and air projects like “The Banker,” starring Kim Sang Joong, Chae Si Ra, and Yoo Dong Geun, and “Lee Mong,” an ambitious period drama set during the Japanese colonial occupation.

Oh Seung-eun confirmed 'The Banker'.

image_readtop_2019_48527_154823076636140

http://star.mk.co.kr/v2/view.php?mc=ST&year=2019&no=48527

Actress Oh Seung-eun has decided to join the terrestrial drama in six years and stands before the public as an actor.  She has been attracting attention with her unique charm by appearing in films such as 'My Boss', SBS 'Cheerful Girl Successful' and MBC sitcom 'Non-Stop 4'. Oh Seung-eun has stopped performing entertainment activities and has been going to Gyeongsan, home to his family. He has focused on running a cafe.

In "The Banker" she has been working as a chief of the department when she was working as a branch manager, and plays an important role in expanding the stage and story of the drama.

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2019012314550948763

On 1/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, larus said:

I still remember Kim Moo Yul in My Beautiful Bride. :P  Yes, Kim Tae Woo will be in this. I would have said that he did it.... whatever it was a bad thing in the drama even without reading the synopsis :lol: but I am glad that he plays a good guy in the other drama who is a romcom. It doesn`t matter what role he will play in this drama. I think I read the synopsis for the Japaneze drama and the female lead character (played in the Korean version by Cha Shi Ra) tries to stop the hero reveling the corruption. There will be more people against No Dae Ho (Kim sang joong).

How can you be bored with so many fine actors/ actresses on screen? No worry.

He will be a good guy? Why? :o:P I love him being like bstrd bad as* character like he always is/was. :lol:

Haven't seen the original drama but I'll watch this. I admit I only know Kim Tae Woo. and Ah Nae Sang. Good actors.We gotta watch them. Korea's hallyu actors are coming back from their military services and hat means kdrama will be full of them latter part of the year  though I'm excited for Kang Ha Neul comeback.

OT: watching dorama version of The Good Wife w/c premiered. I like the kdrama version. I'll see if I'll like it as well.  Just sharing

5 hours ago, jongski said:

He will be a good guy? Why? :o:P I love him being like bstrd bad as* character like he always is/was. :lol:

I think that he will be a bad guy in this drama so your wish will come true. :D

The hero will fight corruption so many people at his bank will want to stop him. I know that there is a woman among them but I don`t know which character will be in this drama, the character played by Chae Si Ra or Seo Yi Sook. 

I never watch the original drama(Japaneze version) but it is better this way. I do not know what will happen. We`ll see.

Archived