[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Winter Begonia 鬓边不是海棠红

sugarplum892

8 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I just saw EP 35 and 36 on Iqiyi, and my heart:heartbreak:!!!!!!! EP 35 was so sad....... I knew what happened because of the spoilers, but that hurt!! When Xao Lai 

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

died :bawling:

I can tell SXR was in so much pain, that music towards the end of EP 35 was so fitting, and so sad. It makes me even more sad for them. SXR loves and cares for Xao Lai like his own sister. It pained him so much to see her go through that horrible ordeal!!! I must say Andrew Yin deserved an Oscar for his performance in WB. Him as SXR is so captivating and convincing. He is literally SXR himself. 

EP 35 was sad and depressing, so in EP 36---It was funny to see CFT joked about SXR having naked pictures of himself^^----That was a happy/joking moment for our OTP.  Let me catch up, and I will read and join you all on the ending.

Enjoy it while it lasts hun. I finished it a few days back and now I'm in such a bad withdrawal stage :bawling: 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/17/2020 at 9:51 AM, fifi said:

Yes, that poor guy couldn't handle heartbreaks all that well :huh: I never saw it coming though, and since he's also one of my fave characters, it really saddened me. It even made me pity the bad old uncle :lol: And the good thing abt is SXR's gonna get so protective of his niece after that ep :D

He lost his two loves: opera and his girlfriend. He couldn't diversify like he had urged Shang to do

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Winter Begonia 鬓边不是海棠红

Just saw EP 37 and 38!! So much happened!!! There were some funny moments when SXR's older brother stopped by and disciplined him----Then CFT protected him^^. That was sweet to protect his person, even though CFT got hit accidentally by SXR's brother. Also, the gossip magazine part was funny between SXR and CFT-------their dialogue is just hilarious. Sigh, more heartaches shall come soon----Still looking forward to see the part where SXR chases after CFT in his black cape, and when CFT has a white cloth around his head???

I will patiently wait for it.  

I have just started to watch this drama, because I wanted to be sure how it would end...I can´t stomach another tragedy during times like this.

Right now, I am at the beginning of episode 6 and this drama is so good!! It has been some time since a drama and the actors´ performance gave me goosebumps.

I also love to listen to the intro song again and again. 

7 hours ago, Asgarla said:

I have just started to watch this drama, because I wanted to be sure how it would end...I can´t stomach another tragedy during times like this.

Right now, I am at the beginning of episode 6 and this drama is so good!! It has been some time since a drama and the actors´ performance gave me goosebumps.

I also love to listen to the intro song again and again. 

Hi and welcome abroad @Asgarla ^^. I'm the same with you, I can't stop listening to the intro song. I'm currently lisenting to it^^. This drama will make you laugh, cry and hurt-----But it will be worth it. All the casts, especially SXR and CFT is outstanding. The script is wonderful and acting is amazing. I have 10 episodes left, so the

Spoiler

heartbreaks will come at the end

.....Enjoy your early show for now^^.

cheng fengtai | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

I wish there's an anime live version, and manga.

Love the quote on EP 40 when CFT says, "We're fated to meet no matter what, if sooner or later." :wub:

Lol......the part where CFT scares SXR was so funny^^!!! I replayed that so many times. Hahaha lol only SXR would be brave enough to practiced in his white clothing at night to "scare" people^^.

And what, Mr. Godfather wants to kill SXR??? He sends Lanyue to do it?? That is just wrong. Sigh Lanyue----You're too ambitious, and in the end you ended up dead. 

12 hours ago, crackaddict said:

I'm still watching this! I just paused it for the subtitles to come out. Show doesn't seem popular on this forum, but hope it was well received by Chinese audience!

Hopefully when the subs come out it will become more popular. I have a feeling it is going to have the Chicago Typewriter treatment where it grows in fame over time as people realize how amazing it is

9 hours ago, ValentineJ said:

Hopefully when the subs come out it will become more popular. I have a feeling it is going to have the Chicago Typewriter treatment where it grows in fame over time as people realize how amazing it is

It would be better, if this drama comes to Netflix or other international giant streaming services. A Sequel of Yanxi Palace, whose producer and director are the same of WB, came to Netflix. So, it's not that unrealistic hope, right? Douban's rating is continuously growing and now hits the highest rating among the dramas in the first quarter of this year (7.9). I'm sure, it will be 8.

Meanwhile, i read some tweets. According to them, WB will be aired on TV in August. Keep Fingers crossed, that WB gains more recognition! 

Some highlights I love between CFT and SXR, admist the chaos.....It was funny to see when SXR plug CFT's gray hair when he was at the hospital^^. Love their bittersweet moments when they talked about leaving Shanghai :cry:. So cute and playful when SXR stamp on CFT's palm. When the music played on that scene, it makes you feel sad because they're basically telling goodbyes to each other :bawling:. I can feel their sadness through the screen, and it just makes your heart break sigh.....

It finally ended :bawling:!!!!!!! SXR makes so many progress towards the end, he forgives those that done him wrong------It's like watching him grow from a little boy to a man that knows holding a grudge is better let go, and let bygones be bygones---OR that you cannot bully the weak, even when they went insane----Like Si-Er did.

Spoiler

The last few episodes were so heart-wrenching. It was painful to watch SXR cried his heart out when he thought that CFT died. How he cried for his love and wanted him to come back to life:bawling:. Then, he sings his heart out into the world and brings CFT back to life. I especially love that scene where CFT came to give the train ticket and say farewell to SXR, and when SXR reached his hand to shake goodbye, CFT raises his hand out and grasp it------So much pain in one glance:bawling:. Then he turned and walked away. CFT got into the car and all the memories flashed back was so bittersweet to watch------Then CFT imagined that SXR came to the train station:bawling: sigh.........How dare they lie to me???!!!! :bawling:.......I was tearing so hard, and then I replayed the handshake and ending scene a couple of times. It hurts that it's over:bawling:. Again, this drama was done wonderfully------It was amazing, I'm so glad I tuned in. This is definitely a rewatch for me. I will miss SXR and CFT's wonderful relationship and all the funny side characters and SXR's funny theater family <3!!!!!!:heart:

HXM and AndrewYi literally became CFT and SXR------Their impression---eyes and smiles says so much. They portrayed their characters so well. All those emotional scenes were directed and acted so well-----It feels like I was watching SXR and CFT came to life. Throughout this drama, HXM's eyes and smiles as CFT was just amazing, those expressions towards SXR were just acted so well:wub:.

What a ride, thank you to everyone that posted and shared your love for this drama^^!!! Hope to see you guys around~:heart:

On 5/9/2020 at 4:07 AM, megumi09 said:

Meanwhile, i read some tweets. According to them, WB will be aired on TV in August. Keep Fingers crossed, that WB gains more recognition! 

That would be good! Can you share the tweet? I tried to look for it but in vain.

15 hours ago, rosierosie said:

It finally ended :bawling:

:bawling: IKR. A rare gem. One of its kind. Plan to rewatch when it airs on TV. Hope it will. 

Pin by Carina on Rilakkuma | Rilakkuma, Congratulations, Cute animalsBtw, good news! Winter Begonia fans! It is officially the #2 Top Ten Web Drama for Q1/2020.

Capture2-Winter-Begonia-No2.png

Capture.png 

CR: Weibo @人民日报数字传播 联合 @艺恩数据

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 11:02 AM, jadecloud said:

That would be good! Can you share the tweet? I tried to look for it but in vain.

OK. It's officially confirmed, that binbian / Winter Begonia will be broadcast on Beijing Satellite TV!!!!! It was announced by none other than Yin Zheng Laoban! I'm so happy! kaixin!

On 5/22/2020 at 8:27 AM, ValentineJ said:

I'm sad at the lack of interest for this drama on here

Welcome^^, I always like to read the comment so feel free to do so. Even though  finished it already^^. Love WB, one of the best BL novel adaptation. I'm still missing CFT SXR^^!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AAerin Lee said:

I’m on Episode 38 and I have a feeling it’s gonna be really hard for me to move on after I watch the last episode. Nooo...

keep watching, watch till the end....I miss this so much, but yes I will wait to watch it again.

I don’t get the ending?! I need explanation because my heart is literally aching to know

Spoiler

So did Shang Xirui go to the train station or not? Why didn’t he wanna leave with Cheng Fengtai? He could’ve perform opera in HK too and he could still be with CFT. The final text didn’t state what happened to SXR. Why?!?! I mean he’s one of the main characters and they explained what CFT did with Du Qi and Yu Qing but nothing about SXR?? Also, a few things I wished the drama could show us like did Gu Dali die? Anything abt the Cao father and son...and also SXR’s biological sister, argh, I hated that she would never find out who her real bro is. And Chachaer, I hope she dies with regrets.

This drama is so beautiful, I wish I could request Netflix to add it. It needs to reach a wider audience especially people like me who needed Eng Sub. 

Archived