[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2020] Miss Truth 大唐女法医

sugarplum892

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I have watched the trailer, looks interesting, so it is a forensic and detective story yeah?  I have only watched one forensic drama Dr. Qin Medical Examiner, but it was modern drama, make me curious for this one!

I found Zhou JieSong really different with her usual makeup for K-Pop Ent. I have to adapt with this natural makeup. 

Yup! It is a forensic pathology based crime show. If you can survive Dr Qin S1, this is pretty tame by comparison. ;)

It is a load of fun. The back and forth between the leads is pretty entertaining but the three cases already featured are really well-constructed.

There is also a love triangle at play here. Not sure if that will put you off. :P But it's actually quite well done.

@graceeedwardmom

Anton from Asian Drama News has done a quick recap on the first two episodes if it helps you.

I copied this from the UTP thread because I wanted to respond to it. I didn't think it was right to post this on the UTP thread with thoughts about Miss Truth.

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

actually i prefer the male lead than the 2nd one....to me the male lead made his intention very much visible to the FL from the beginning while the  fiance is actually hiding something lols

Looking at the initial reactions so far I wonder why not more people actually come to that conclusion. ;) I notice that there are so many who root for the 2ML. Which is fine. We all have our preferences. But I often wonder why... Is a romance just about a hot male coming to the female lead's rescue? Is it because he is sweet to her? The question for me is... how much of him does she really know to actually make an informed choice? In fact, how much of the two men does she know and understand to make the right choice? To me the answer is obvious.

Sure, Su Fu is probably in love with her and does come to her rescue when needed but it doesn't take away from the fact that he is using her as well. What's more he is using her to provoke XIao Song to act impetuously. Xiao Song is also using her but as you point out, he is absolutely clear and open about it. At least she knows where he stands. She has something he wants, he has something she wants. They are constantly negotiating... which is just entertaining stuff. However on a more serious side, they are learning to define their relationship as it evolves. She has earned his trust and respect while he has to earn hers. I agree that he does use a bit of sleight of hand but that's because he's a political animal. He is a court official dealing with much bigger issues, it's become a default position. It doesn't take away from the fact that he's smart and is darn good at his job.

To me the love triangle works because it is integrated into her development as well as his. Ran Yan's infatuation of SF is based on some known facts. But she should have noticed the red flags when Bai Yi told her that it was XS that asked SF to save her. But SF conveniently left that bit of information out. Why? Because it suits him to keep certain things from her. Of course all these little prevarications will come back to bite him because her feelings for him are sincere.

They will also come back to bite him because she is a morally rigid person. She constantly pontificates about XS's moral and ethical flaws. And on some level, rightly so. Moreover, she's been lied to about her mother's death. She's been forced to accept a verdict of her mother's death she's never accepted. She's lived with deception and has hated it. Think about her big fight with her father. What's going to happen if she finds out that SF had ulterior motives in getting close to her? The trust will be undermined in one fell swoop. Not only does RY not know SF well enough, SF doesn't know RY well enough either.

For RY, the love triangle is key because she learns ultimately that what you see is not necessarily what you get. This is the journey of a detective as well. Clues are just bits of information but they still need to be put together in a consistent way for it to make sense overall. Like pieces of a puzzle. That is life as well. Everyone has an agenda or a mission that may or may not intersect with yours. To put it crudely, one needs to find people in life who can work with you and have compatible goals as well. 

Romance isn't all about sweetness and feelings because when you end up with someone, you have to be able to talk about something and not just subsist on heart races and sweet nothings.

This is why I find the show so so good.

Glad I found this thread... I've been also wondering if the XS (male lead) will get RY (female lead) as well? They look really great together... Aside from that, XS genuinely cares and looks for RY each time. Didn't he already confess (kind of) in the room with her? Oof.

I feel that SF has a hidden intention to win RY on his side so that he has a bargaining chip when he fights XS. SF has a hidden agenda for a special organization and it's quite obvious he's getting to RY for a reason.

I'm just VERY curious to see if XS gets the female lead... 

12 hours ago, xprosperity said:

I'm just VERY curious to see if XS gets the female lead... 

I'd be interested to see how that plays out too... ;) although it isn't the primary reason for my watching it.

It's a C drama so it's always hard to say how the show will end period. :D 

But it will be the cherry on top if he does end up with the female lead. 

It's obvious from a storytelling perspective that their relationship is the far more interesting one. From that I mean that there is a lot more going on between them than the surface level stuff.

I believe he did confess to her in Episode 11 but then he retracted it because he realised that she probably wasn't ready to hear it there and then. Despite the fact that she has some feelings for him too, she can't see past her "prejudices" because he isn't her idea of a romantic suitor in any shape or form. She can't identify her own feelings because in her mind he is the Merman Xiao.

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'd be interested to see how that plays out too... ;) although it isn't the primary reason for my watching it.

It's a C drama so it's always hard to say how the show will end period. :D 

But it will be the cherry on top if he does end up with the female lead. 

It's obvious from a storytelling perspective that their relationship is the far more interesting one. From that I mean that there is a lot more going on between them than the surface level stuff.

I believe he did confess to her in Episode 11 but then he retracted it because he realised that she probably wasn't ready to hear it there and then. Despite the fact that she has some feelings for him too, she can't see past her "prejudices" because he isn't her idea of a romantic suitor in any shape or form. She can't identify her own feelings because in her mind he is the Merman Xiao.

Glad you're here and that we meet again after having some bittersweet Chocolate!

Loved your insight as always- I am definitely watching it for all of those searches and adventures related to this "pearl" that they're looking for. I find it a mystery why (and who) someone in the palace (aside from the emperor) is looking for this pearl, and why this pearl is exactly as important as it is (and where is it ultimately?)

It would ABSOLUTELY be cherry on top if they end up together (the ML and FL), I'm looking forward to that part of it too. I last saw the second ML in The Legend of the White Snake (2019 version) and now I keep seeing him as Fa Hai the monk... 

The confession from XS was most definitely real and he meant it but I agree, he knows that that wasn't the best timing to tell YR how he felt and plus, with the ways that YR has been feeling toward SF, YR wouldn't have reciprocated anyway! I do hope that maybe in the future, XS will have another chance to confess and YR will accept. A load of fans on YouTube have said that they prefer YR and SF together but people on Weibo are leaning toward YR and XS (I think?). What do folks think here?

4 hours ago, xprosperity said:

Loved your insight as always- I am definitely watching it for all of those searches and adventures related to this "pearl" that they're looking for. I find it a mystery why (and who) someone in the palace (aside from the emperor) is looking for this pearl, and why this pearl is exactly as important as it is (and where is it ultimately?)

As far as I understand it, this pearl probably used to belong to a Marquis Shui. The pearl is apparently the key to a treasure which presumably means loads of money to interested parties. Su Fu's handler (woman in black) seems to be tasked with finding it because it means that the money from that can be used to raise an army to overthrow the present regime. So there are huge national ramifications if the pearl falls into the wrong hands.

(Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this)

Short interview with Zhou Jieqiong, star of Miss Truth

Hello everyone, I'm ZJQ

(segment from the trailer)

Asked to introduce character from Miss Truth

0:23

On this occasion, my character in Miss Truth (Tang Dynasty Female Medical Examiner)is an 18-year-old female coroner called Ran Yan. Her personality is more lively, tomboyish, bold and decisive in action. Also she's a bit rebellious.

0:33

She's been very intelligent from young. I think this character's personality is a little similar... not just a little but very similar to mine.

Asked how she felt when she was offered the role

0:50

When I was given the script, I did feel some pressure. However looking at the script carefully, I discovered that she was someone that could move me.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's the first role in my life so I am very privileged to be able to portray her. Not portray her but become her.

Asked to rate the drama

1:17

I can't say this for certain because I feel that whether it's good should be decided by everyone. Everyone who sees it should rate it.

Asked about hair stuff

I'm rather satisfied because previously in life my life I haven't had to tie up my hair much for fear of inconvenience. 

So as far as I'm concerned, it's a bigger transformation because my hair is combed everyday, (I'm) relaxed and carefree. After work I'd go home and let down my hair, realising that having long hair is troublesome. I got used to tying up my hair.

About working with Toby Lee for the first time

1:48

At the start I was rather worried because it was my first time acting. I didn't want to drag others down so I was especially worried and I was also treading carefully. I discovered later that he was very willing to talk about performance stuff, pass on his experience.

In the beginning I didn't quite get what he was trying to say but gradually after filming for a long time, after interacting with him, I discovered that what he said was particularly useful. Right. I'm particularly grateful to him.

How she became closer to Toby Lee?

2:33

At the start after we sent text messages, we used our respective character names to address each other. I call him Merman and he calls me Fox.

It felt kind of like... a bit awkward and yet not an awkward kind of relationship.

2:49

I'm not a slowburn type of person. I'm an enthusiastic person. From young I've been an especially active person. Also those around me are high energy too. We get along well.

So I think that our cast of our production are all enthusiastic (people).

56 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@40somethingahjumma i just notice the younger sister maid is Min Er's maid in UTP :D 

You catching up on the new episodes? ;)

I can''t believe that step-mother and daughter thought they could get away with tricking Xiao Song into marrying her. For the love of God, in terms of plotting and scheming they are amateurs compared to him. Did they not even think he would investigate the situation. Geez... But they are deluded. And dumb. Of course step-mother thought since she's gotten away with stuff for so long that she can pull it off again.

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

i already finished off the new episodes :D hahahaha

now the sister is blaming HuLi that all this is her faults....i wonder why ppl dont self-reflect

Yeah, I cringed at that scene. And the father's reaction was unbelievable as well. Everything is RY's fault apparently. 

Well she's been spoilt rotten and frankly she's been lead astray by her mother. ;) I was hoping that was the last we'd see of her. :P But when I saw her in Chang'an... bleah... 

Apparently we have to put up with another 16 episodes of her nasally screechy whining.

I have been keeping up with this drama since it premiered bcos of Toby Lee and his side-kick bodyguard, they were both in Arsenal Military Academy which i'd enjoyed very much and this time which is also a love triangle for him and also he was being pretty much of a gentleman again with his opponent (man..he's got so much patience) but for sure he will get the girl in the end this time..and i also like crime solving/medical forensic type of shows.

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can''t believe that step-mother and daughter thought they could get away with tricking Xiao Song into marrying her. For the love of God, in terms of plotting and scheming they are amateurs compared to him. Did they not even think he would investigate the situation. Geez... But they are deluded. And dumb. Of course step-mother thought since she's gotten away with stuff for so long that she can pull it off again

What i don't get here is the way the sister and the step-mother shaming themselves by announcing her pregnancy and how the 'act' was committed with so many ppl around, i thought in those days when something like that happened, it's pretty shameful and disgraceful for the entire family if words get out especially with him being a DiRen..anyways, there're some other flaws in this drama but i will just overlook them and try to enjoy the mystery solving parts of the show which i enjoyed.

I'm at it's latest episodes but a bit confused at SF's identity, i'm still questioning if he's a part of a protagonist or an antagonist but a part of me wanted him to be good.

58 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

What i don't get here is the way the sister and the step-mother shaming themselves by announcing her pregnancy and how the 'act' was committed with so many ppl around, i thought in those days when something like that happened, it's pretty shameful and disgraceful for the entire family if words get out especially with him being a DiRen..anyways, there're some other flaws in this drama but i will just overlook them and try to enjoy the mystery solving parts of the show which i enjoyed.

I kind of wondered about that too. ;) But I think it's in part one of those double-standards in those polygamous societies where it is acceptable for a man... especially of his standing... to sleep around as long as he takes responsibility for his actions and if the intercourse is presumably consensual. It was an unspoken rule that men sow their wild oats etc. and the girl in question was thrilled to bits to be imposed upon. ;)

I suppose too... it showed how desperately manipulative Ms Gao (stepmother) was. And how disloyal she was to the Ran household. To keep her daughter happy she was willing to put the family through whatever kind of public shame it took. Not a nice woman, that one.

58 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

I'm at it's latest episodes but a bit confused at SF's identity, i'm still questioning if he's a part of a protagonist or an antagonist but a part of me wanted him to be good.

I think he's the kind of person who has multiple identities. The equivalent, I would imagine of a CIA agent. ;) I don't think it's a simple matter of good or bad. Like he said, he was the son of a concubine so he's had to do what he's had to do to survive and make a mark. I'm sure that he is in love with RY. They have some kind of affinity with their past and it is a relationship born out of pity and compassion. But the kind of life he leads, it is shrouded in layers of deception. Which part of him is really him... which part isn't... that isn't so easy to make out. It comes from being a spy.

Aside from the fact that RY felt deceived, I believe he also realised at that moment when his cronies revealed some of his duplicity that the kind of life he leads isn't particularly healthy for RY. Okay... let's say they get married... what next? How far can he maintain his multiple roles without endangering her or causing doubts? She will always be wondering. And I'm sure he wonders about who he really is as well.

I'm sure loads of people on YT think that he should be with RY because his visuals with her look better but to me, I look at their trajectory. They're not a good fit. She's a truth seeker. He's someone who works in the shadows.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I kind of wondered about that too. ;) But I think it's in part one of those double-standards in those polygamous societies where it is acceptable for a man... especially of his standing... to sleep around as long as he takes responsibility for his actions and if the intercourse is presumably consensual. It was an unspoken rule that men sow their wild oats etc. and the girl in question was thrilled to bits to be imposed upon. ;)

I suppose too... it showed how desperately manipulative Ms Gao (stepmother) was. And how disloyal she was to the Ran household. To keep her daughter happy she was willing to put the family through whatever kind of public shame it took. Not a nice woman, that one.

I think he's the kind of person who has multiple identities. The equivalent, I would imagine of a CIA agent. ;) I don't think it's a simple matter of good or bad. Like he said, he was the son of a concubine so he's had to do what he's had to do to survive and make a mark. I'm sure that he is in love with RY. They have some kind of affinity with their past and it is a relationship born out of pity and compassion. But the kind of life he leads, it is shrouded in layers of deception. Which part of him is really him... which part isn't... that isn't so easy to make out. It comes from being a spy.

Aside from the fact that RY felt deceived, I believe he also realised at that moment when his cronies revealed some of his duplicity that the kind of life he leads isn't particularly healthy for RY. Okay... let's say they get married... what next? How far can he maintain his multiple roles without endangering her or causing doubts? She will always be wondering. And I'm sure he wonders about who he really is as well.

I'm sure loads of people on YT think that he should be with RY because his visuals with her look better but to me, I look at their trajectory. They're not a good fit. She's a truth seeker. He's someone who works in the shadows.

So well analysed.

20 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahaha one thing that i like to comment on this was the timeslines.... :D  isnt it a lil too early to say that the girl is pregnant and how can they be so sure to know whether it is a girl or a boy to begin with  :D i was laughing when they came up with this lines however the drama is pretty well executed that like you i decided to let it be :D 

I thought it was a month afterwards? Yeah... probably too soon to know for certain. 

Nice try ladies... but no cigar :lol:

But you have to agree that it was fun watching Xiao Song ripping into them. Even it seems like a plot hole, it was worth the price of the episode watching Yu Mei and Mother squirming around like worms.

24 minutes ago, angelangie said:

while i feel for him i still didnt like how he hide almost everything and make use of HuLi for his own gain.....still prefer the ML where he is upfront of his motive and when he decided that it isnt a thing for HuLi to know he said it upfront and tell her that this isnt something she should know....

and im amaze that HuLi take it with grace and agreed to the whole thing

I'm trying to be objective about SF as much as I can. ;) But I agree that they could never be. In that regard I don't feel at all sorry for him.

I didn't like the way he was using her either. And then using her to get to Xiao Song is the more dodgy part. I imagine that's the part she's really upset about.

Well, you know she pities him. She fell for his sob story as the son that nobody loved. She thought of him as an underdog when he's actually a wolf. :D

I really like this drama, mostly for the chemistry of the leads, its sizzling and convicing. As for the stories, I can really be objective because I have only watched them raw with my very very limited mandarin, therefore I'm always confused. Lol. Could you guys please answer my question:

1. Why did SF betray HL? For what reason?

2. Did XY already knew the real identity of SF from the begining?

3. Why did HL pretends to be mentally ill/amnesiac?

4. Why did XY suddenly marries HL when she was (pretending to be) mentally ill?

5. Why did HL poison XY?

oh man, why havent any subbing team/production house sub this show already? And I must say all the cast of this show are very good looking! HL is gorgeous!

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

i can say both Toby and the sidekick works very well together :) while the side-kick seems a lil protective of his DaRen this round......that it border abit on being in love with the wrong party lols :D 

I swear, the way BaiYi seemed annoyed with RanYan, i somehow mistaken it for jealousy - it's almost like BaiYi was doing everything for his DaRen and then suddenly this girl just comes between them.  Somehow i'm being influenced by all these BL talks of The Untamed and some other upcoming BL dramas.:D

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Well, you know she pities him. She fell for his sob story as the son that nobody loved. She thought of him as an underdog when he's actually a wolf. :D

I too agreed that SF/RY will never work but who doesn't like a 'knight in shining armour' that appeared at almost all the right time to rescue her?  I think she felt obligated to fall in love with him becos of his heroism (in her eyes) while XS is a trusted friend and team mate but i feel she's more comfortable talking with XS.  I like the way they solved her mother's case together with the cooperation of SF eventho XS asked him to..and at the same time, smooth XS got his answers of who SF was working for.  SF is truly those 'silent or still river runs deep..' type a guy.

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

Could you guys please answer my question:

1. Why did SF betray HL? For what reason?

2. Did XY already knew the real identity of SF from the begining?

3. Why did HL pretends to be mentally ill/amnesiac?

4. Why did XY suddenly marries HL when she was (pretending to be) mentally ill?

5. Why did HL poison XY?

1. SF did not really intend to betray RY/HL as such. Even though given his loyalties, it was inevitable. She knew that he was an assassin but did not know that he was also a spy with another agenda. Unfortunately for her and for him, his job was to find the Marquis Shui's pearl which meant using her relationship to Xiao Song to get inside information about any clues to the pearl's whereabouts. He was able to kill two birds with a stone. He also tried using XS' jealousy to provoke him to act impulsively... and that almost backfired.

2. Not from the beginning. He had his suspicions about SF but that really became much clearer to him during the third case -- of the Snow Witch. He thought that there was something familiar about SF. His figure reminded him of the mysterious man in the brothel/pleasure house who escaped with RY's help. 

3. RY/HL pretended to be crazy because she knew that someone in the Ran family was after her. She suspected the stepmother but couldn't be sure.

4. XS married RY/HL because he knew that something wasn't right at the Ran household. Stepmother was acting suspiciously as if trying to hide something. He did it to get her out of the house and out of their clutches well aware that someone among them was out to harm RY. Someone had attacked RY in her room, broken the vase and then dumped her in the river. XS had jumped in to pull her out of the river before she did her crazy act.

5. RY/HL was being threatened  by person(s) unknown who was using her maid WL as collateral. She did not intentionally try to poison him. She was intending to swap the poison with a sleeping drug. However, one of the servants, who is a mole for the main culprit, replaced the sleeping drug with poison.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

I too agreed that SF/RY will never work but who doesn't like a 'knight in shining armour' that appeared at almost all the right time to rescue her?  I think she felt obligated to fall in love with him becos of his heroism (in her eyes) while XS is a trusted friend and team mate but i feel she's more comfortable talking with XS.  I like the way they solved her mother's case together with the cooperation of SF eventho XS asked him to..and at the same time, smooth XS got his answers of who SF was working for.  SF is truly those 'silent or still river runs deep..' type a guy.

Obligated feels like the right word to me as well. ;) She seemed to fall for him far too quickly and on cue.

She's young and was swept off her feet by the romantic nature of the entire scenario. ;) As if she read all the right novels. That's what I've always suspected.

I agree that her relationship with XS has progressed from work to friendship. I love their bickering. It's endlessly entertaining. The whole time she was groping in the dark trying to solve the mystery of her mother's death by herself, I kept thinking to myself, "You need to ask for his help dear. You can't do this without him." 

And I wasn't thinking of SF either. ;)

It's because of XS that decade long mysteries of Suzhou get solved.

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

new stills for Miss Truth....i do like looking at the ML and FL together :)

Yeah, me too. Lovely chemistry. That scene with them in wedding clothes looking at the fireflies is very pretty. They sure look like a married couple to me.

However when I go to YT and read the comments there, I feel like I'm watching an entirely different drama or that I'm living on another planet. 

;)

57 minutes ago, angelangie said:

ooooo really mths afterward? hahaha cause it felt like just yesterday to me.....

totally love how XiaoSong ripped them apart and when he brought those chest for marriage dowry they thought they have everything ready....wat they didnt knew is that things is only beginning :D 

Some great stuff from our brilliant male lead... 

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 4.22.11 pm

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 4.17.43 pm

"To cause Mei Yu and I to do something that cannot be undone" Lit: To cause uncooked rice to become cooked rice.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 4.31.40 pm

Lit: Are you refusing to shed tears just because you see no coffin?

"Are you stubbornly persisting in your delusion?"

57 minutes ago, angelangie said:

well im glad that HuLi is opening her eyes...and now she is leaning towards XiaoSong more......and missing him ....

we all know XiaoSong misses his HuLi :D 

Don't tell anyone I said this... but I actually think she already has feelings for him. I don't think she quite knows it yet. The way she went all out to save his life without a second thought... yeah... no one can miss that.

(What's with mouth to mouth medicine feeding... is this a new C drama trend?)

I think he kind of knows it too. He's a smart guy but he wants her to choose him herself without all the baggage.

Good news everyone! This individual has committed herself to subbing the drama here: 

https://productiveprocrastination.site/

Previews for next week's episodes

Episode 21 Video and Translation (under spoiler tag)

Spoiler

0:00 Did you ever ask why that person (SF presumably) is at Da Li Si (Ministry of Justice)? 

His matters have nothing to do with you! (XS literally yanks her chain... LOL)

I'm going to let go

Merman, you're not taking revenge by drowning me to death because I won't acknowledge you as my husband, are you?

0:25 Hu Li, I'm really happy that you've been able to come to Chang'an

0:41 During the reign of of the 2nd emperor of the Tang dynasty, the tenth year, ninth month and eighth day.

In the east of the city at Chai Huang's household, 4 homicides occurred. Males. Right lower legs deformed.

0:51 Seven years ago, Chai Yu went missing. The one who reported it was My Lady.

My Lady and Chai Yu... 

Were pledged to be married (without parental consent)

1:05 We at Da Li Si are here to assist with the case

1:08 Lord Su, has acted as a spy (I think). In a flash, you've turned into an important government official.

Indeed you have fingers in many pies (something along those lines)

Episode 22 Video and Translation 

Spoiler

0:00

These bones must be examined by her. 

Because only she can accord the deceased due respect

Only she can truly give the deceased justice

0:11

4 corpses with the joints intact

Why does this one not have a lower leg?

It's Yuping!

0:20

These bones are the lower leg of a male

0:24

The person who went missing and the missing bone have resurfaced seven years later. All of this involves Zhang Yong.

0:34

It's all my fault

I've dirtied your clothes

0:53

Lord Sun!

0:57

Right! Chu Yuezhu has an older sister called Chu Yueying

1:06

My wife's stomach is weak, should she be eating red brayberries?

1:10

Do you recall what I said about Chu Yuezhu's transformation?

1:14

Chai Yu, Ran Yan sent someone to test if I have some kind of head-related condition

and discovered the secret of how Sister died

To stop RY from investigating further, it is necessary to keep her mouth shut.

1:25

Ran Yan is in danger at Mt Ling Yuan

Episode 23 Video and Preview Translation

Spoiler

Chai Yu, did you ask me here tonight to break up with me?

My parents do not approve of us getting married

Sister!

0:18

That's why I've asked my lady to help translate it

Protect Chu Yuezhu!

0:30

My lord! 

Where's Chu Yuezhu?

She ran off in that direction

0:41

My lord!

0:45

The words that Chu Yuezhu deciphered, a large portion was taken away by someone

and what's left of the writing on this sheet of paper are just a few translated words!

Are you and the remnants of the Sui dynasty conspiring to trick me?

0:56

Lord Xiao treats you with wholehearted devotion

Why don't you give him a chance?

I know he treats me well but... I can't be sure that if I want to be with him, it is whether because I am much obliged to him or whether I really like him

14 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

@40somethingahjumma aaah... thank you so.. so much! :heart: You are a live saver in this drought of sub.. hiks.. :tears:

No worries. 

Anytime. ;)

Episode 24 Preview Translation

Spoiler

He didn't ask you a single thing. In front of everyone he announced that you're his woman. He dealt with all the people who are out to get you secretly. If you were to miss out on a man who wholeheartedly trusts you that would be a pity. Do you really not like (him) or do you not dare like him?

(I love the cousin!)

0:29 

Presenting pelargonium tulips as a token of my love

(foreign language)

These words mean: Marry me.

Lord Xiao treated both wives with great affection. But those two wives strangely and mysteriously died of chest pains. The first wife, Xiang Yao died during the wedding night. The second wife, died a month after the wedding.

What does Song'er see in this blackmailing, greedy and insatiable girl? We should make her toe the line. (Not sure)

I didn't want to marry in the first place

It was his wishful thinking that led him to forcefully marry me

Song'er should focus on marrying again except that his wife must be outstanding

Since Miss Ran here doesn't like our Song'er, why don't we dissolve this marriage?

I am Xiao Song's wife. Since I've been accepted, then I'm his Mrs Xiao. I want to be married in style into this family, to be the 3rd acknowledged wife of Xiao Song.

Episode 25 Preview Translation

Spoiler

0:08

What is this place? Why am I here?

"Save me, Yuezhi."

0:17

Yuezhi?

Strange. How does she know my childhood name?

0:22

Grand Lady Xiao, Da Li Si's Officer Su is under orders to put the mansion on lockdown.

0:30

How did you kill Xiang Yao?

My lord, I didn't kill anyone.

0:36

Let her go.

Someone from Nei Wei Department! (Internal Guard Department?)

0:46

These two bowls comes from the things extracted from the remains of the burnt corpse and Du Xinyi.

(Not 100% sure about that part)

I understand. If someone is infected with the plague dies and their body isn't burnt, the plague remains in the body. If the rabbit that eats the leftovers falls ill it means that the burnt corpse definitely has the plague.

1:07

Somebody!

1:11

My lord! Something's happened.

The crown prince and one of his attendants has been infected by the plague. Furthermore it's said to have been transmitted by Lady Xiao.

Ran Yan has never been to the palace. When would she have met the crown prince's attendant?

Episode 26 Preview Translation

Spoiler

0:04 

Grandma. I've dragged you into this.

Song'er

The Marquis Shui's Pearl is in...

0:21

She just entered Xiao mansion and she's already been accused of being the source of the infection

If I hadn't been here just in time, she would soon have been killed by someone

You solve innumerable cases. Your enemies are everywhere in Tang. If she's with you, sooner or later she would be dragged down with you

0:37

Let her know on my behalf, if she stays beside me, she'd only be a substitute

0:47

Lord Xiao's two wives died, Grandma Xiao has fallen ill and you experienced danger at the Xiao household. Have you thought about the real reason why he sent you back?

1:00

My lord.

I've come to deliver Lord Xiao a present 

1:07

Xiao Song is my man

If I find out that any of you women have laid a single finger on him

I will not let you off lightly

1:24

Leave quickly! Leave!

I'll get the Marquis Shui's Pearl, you give him the antidote

Archived