Genre: Historical, Drama, Supernatural, Detective

Episodes: 36

Director: 吴天戈 Wú Tiān Gē, 、叶田 Yè Tián

Broadcast Period: 2/14/2020

Cast:

Zhou Jie Qiong

Toby Li Cheng Bin 

Synopsis:

An upcoming Youku web series based on the novel The Tang Dynasty’s Female Forensic Doctor. It follows a present day forensic examiner who is reborn in the Tang Dynasty and who must make use of her modern day knowledge and post motem techniques to survive in the Tang dynasty.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Airing Schedule:

SLOdyvuKX1aJ7BKswDNAUbXLX5XQ5PvDx77-QkrH

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

WeiBo Link

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• Like 1

Maybe will check this one out because I like the forensic and mysteries type and I love the Tang Dynasty. I love the fox and wolf poster for 2 of the 3 leads. Since I have fish phobia the main guy’s poster is a huge no no for me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, angelangie said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR :) 

same to you as well!  Thank you for keeping this forum section so orderly!  Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. Prays that this will get English subs but I will wait for when it is at least half subbed. Soooo behind on many shows. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Where can I watch this...looks interesting:D

er....i usually watch raw since i dont have to wait for subtitles....u might be able to find them in WeTV i think lols

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, elsanna said:

It's not on wetv:mellow:

i take note of it and if i see it anywhere....i tag u :) 

• Thanks 1

Oh dear, for the first time I cannot decided who I am supporting for to be the better partner for our Miss Truth. The two time widower or the concubine son who she is arranged to marry.

Oooh... I like the look of this. Does appear to share similarities with Under the Power in terms of the male and female lead working collaboratively to solve cases. Not so impressed with the FL but I like Toby Li. He has the right look for this. A bit on the shrewd and cunning side.

Not fond of the idea of a protracted love triangle though. :wacko: Although everything else about the drama seems to be right up my alley. Huge fan of the Tang dynasty.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Oooh... I like the look of this. Does appear to share similarities with Under the Power in terms of the male and female lead working collaboratively to solve cases. Not so impressed with the FL but I like Toby Li. He has the right look for this. A bit on the shrewd and cunning side.

Not fond of the idea of a protracted love triangle though. :wacko: Although everything else about the drama seems to be right up my alley. Huge fan of the Tang dynasty.

now that you mention it....actually i know why the drama isnt up to what i prefer....i thought it will be fun to watch however i find the Female a lil over the top hahaha

didnt like the way she inspect the body....still my JinXia best :D 

so the officer is Toby Li?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

so the officer is Toby Li?

Yes... the da ren here is Toby Li. :D He is excellent IMO. I really really like him.

He's not classically good-looking but he looks and acts intelligent ;) which is probably far more important in this instance. He's one of the show's highlights.

However FL doesn't call him da ren... she calls him Ren Yu (Fish Man or Merman) and he calls her Hu Li (Fox) :P

Honestly I'm not a fan how over-the-top sassy they've made her. The kid who plays her is okay, apparently a newbie so she's just adequate to the task. Sigh... Okay, I get it it's obligatory in C dramaland for the leads to have some kind of bickering relationship in the beginning but geeze... she was unnecessarily adversarial especially when she was the one who jumped into his bath to dodge her pursuers. She's lucky that he's amused by her and can appreciate her talent. The forensics stuff isn't too bad once the drama gets going.

Believe it or not, there's even a fake bedroom scene like the one in Under the Power:lol:

The detective stuff is not bad although I pretty much figured out most of the details of the first case before it wrapped up. Still it is the kind of detective show I like.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Believe it or not, there's even a fake bedroom scene like the one in Under the Power:lol:

i know right....hahaha when i saw that i was like.....hey!!!!

unfortunately for them i prefer the one by our YiXia CP more :D 

2 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The detective stuff is not bad although I pretty much figured out most of the details of the first case before it wrapped up. Still it is the kind of detective show I like.

yes the detective part is pretty solid in a sense better a lil than 'Under the Power'

i just dont like the way HuLi did the inspection on the body.....they didnt show much details....except when she was capture and transport via a chest at the beginning of episode 1.....there she show some lvl of professionalism.... other than that....not much....

they just show her walking around the dead body looking at it.....thats all

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

yes the detective part is pretty solid in a sense better a lil than 'Under the Power'

I think so as well. It's more like a Bao Qing Tian style drama with different cases that are more like puzzles.

I have to say I am really surprised at how quickly things are moving in the romance front. The ML likes her already and has given her the jade carved fox piece. And so does her wei hun fu apparently. :D I suppose it's a shorter drama (thank God!) and everything moves faster than this.

But she really needs to stop running her mouth off at the slightest thing. Sheesh.

A good show so far. Second case is very interesting.

• Like 2