[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

Could not resist, read the spoiler before viewing. The solution was banal, but because of this, everything seems even more sad.

Spoiler

Well, JS's mother herself is to blame.  Now she will reap the fruits of her own lies and watch her son become a monster. After all, he will now be sure that any of his actions will be justified and everything will be fine. But I hope this will not always continue and the guy will understand that he was wrong, that he did a bad thing ...<_<

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched ep 5 with subs. And I don't know what to make of the incident. Is it really an accident? Or was he pushed or thrown? One thing for sure is they covered up the fall as if he jumped.

I still have doubts for JunSeok's 'innocence'. JunSeok was so distraught on the roof. But it could be he is acting. I think it is not likely for one to change characters drasticaly in a day. 

But his mom though. She went all out to 'protect' her son, or was she trying to protect herself? Hopefully mum and son will come to their senses, along with dad. I hope dad becomes more humane.

The ending where Su Ho moved his fingers gave me goosebumps. Chilllssss.

I have quite a few gripes for this show...why on earth is the school gate not closed? Forget about the rooftop not being locked, why is the school door not locked at night? Why was there no security at all, mum was not being discreet, her shoes were very noisy. Oh my logic is taking over.....deep breaths...its a drama...lets roll with it.

What an ending for ep 6. Another dirty player was revealed.. The school security ex police who probably took the diary and the phone

Spoiler

At the beginning of this clip, Hoho's mother was thinking about JS's mother said before. (It's on the preview at the end of ep 4 where she mentioned about the sneakers). When she asked how JS's mom knew, JS's mom lied that Hoho's mother mentioned it before when she visited the hospital. She checked with her sister and her sister said she never mentioned it. The gears on her mind start to move..

The night when she fought with JS, she called someone to meet. And that person is the school security...

Preview for ep 7 

Hoho's parents are talking at night and Soo Ho is eavesdropping on them. The mother said they have to be strong and happy so that their children will happy too. Every action that they did while Seon Ho is still in com will be talked by others. 

The security told JS's mother that he has wiped all her traces from CCTV. Shr asked if he has a copy of the real one

In another scene it was seen he gave it to JS's.father (?)

KC since being shunned by his other friends started to speak freely about what happened between them and Seon Ho.

Soo Ho starts her own investigation and become suspicious about the ghost (the outcast girl). And Hoho's mother meets with the said girl..

A Beautiful World: Episode 5

by lovepark

beautifulworld05-00052.jpg

As the fight for truth continues, the world seems intent on forsaking justice and maintaining order. Obstacle after obstacle block our heroes’ path, and it becomes more difficult to distinguish friend from foe. However, the truth may be closer than they think, but facing it may challenge everything good they know about the world.

EPISODE 5 RECAP: The Gates of Hell

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/a-beautiful-world-episode-5/

I still haven't watched ep 6.

"you did not believe me from the beginning" . I think Joon Seok was right. His mother didn't believe that it was a accident. Why would you cover up an accident. And if she would have believed Joon Seok why the cover up?  

Another thing that got me thinking in ep 5. Why did Joon Seok go to Da Hee house? 

hihi.. :) i havent watched ep6 (sat’s)

to-date,

Seon Ho’s mom cries and loses control too often. yes, i uds that her son is in coma laying in the hospital but, there is no need to stomp down to the police station at every little finding or suspicion screaming and biting off the policeman’s head. Seon Ho’s dad is too weak.. he is a teacher himself, but lacks the confidence. sorry to say, he portrays too much as a loser :huh: the policeman is trying his best to help though, even though he got scolded so often. and i’m quite glad he doesnt give false hope to Seon Ho’s mom. he is investigating it secretly.

Joon Seok’s mom frightens me.. she is like, realising how much a monster her son has become.. yet still continue to cover up and condone his behavior.. there were a few scenes where Joon Seok did a 180 degree change from crying in tears and then grinning sinisterly.. split personality?? i must salute to Seo Dong Hyun’s acting, he can really cry huge tears.. that few scenes from human to devil give me the shivers!

Im waiting to see more from Soo Ho.. Kim Hwan Hee and Seo Dong Hyun recently acted together in MTWM too!

I still watch this  drama but I'll be honest I'm not much into it as I thought I would be. I thought It would be something similar in a way to  Solomon's Perjury which I love and one of my fav youth drama.  However this one,  It's emotional but it's very hard type emotional kind.  I guess I'm looking for poignancy and soft sentimentallity of  characters, of the youth just like in the Solomons Perjury drama.

But it's really different. This is sad and heartbreaking for parents.  This drama deals more with parent's struggle and justice for what happened to their son rather that centering on youth and friendship.  This is more like the aftermath of what a family goes through after  son falls from a school rooftop and the cover the school official does

6 episodes into this drama, The parents and thre quest to bring justice to each of the youngster wether it's  the victim or the bully. If they file  the rebutt is it demoralize and demotivates the youngsters in the school and  they may not even graduate ( and we have the flashback) And for the victim SH there should be justice for whhat he suffered and still suffering. He is lying in coma, almost dead. Lifeless,  how can parwnts just stand there and not do anything so I understand that and I want the perpetrators to be punished.

After watching ep 6 only more questions arise. 

It Weird that Joon Seok family don't speak the hole truth to each other. Joon Seok dad clearly knows something about SH fall cover up. He is trying to find out the proof that could harm his son. Joon Seok mother isn't honest to her husband. I don't know if it the fear or something else. And then there is Joon Seok. He hasn't told the truth what happened that night when SH fell on the roof. 

ONe scene got me confused it was Joon Seok scene with mother after SH father drove him home. Was Joon Seok sincere when he told that he would tell the truth? And what is the truth? He clearly was scared that SH would wake up. 

And then there is Dahee. JS and Dahee dated but something happened. Or JS just played with her bc SH liked her. 

Finally, I am writing my opinions about 5-6 ep.
It is very good that SH started moving fingers. He must wake up. He must tell the truth about everything that happened. And most importantly, he must reconcile all who are now pissed and sad. And I really want him to be friends with his former friends, who suddenly became his enemies. But first they must repent and admit their guilt. Because it is very painful to see how happy they are and not sad because of what happened.

I liked the actor who plays JS in these episodes. It was such a sincere game, tearing the heart that I think the guy will have to wait for a good acting career. And yes, I sincerely felt sorry for him in these series. If not for his mother, things might not be so sad. And now ... I'm afraid he can commit suitsid himself.
But most of all I am amazed at the parents of abusive children. The way they treat SH parents ... my mind does not accept this. This is completely wrong. Children cannot be good when their parents do not understand what is good and what is bad.

By the way, I am very interested in this girl who loved SH and who loved JS. The conversation between the boys on the roof tells me that their quarrel may be caused by Dahee. I think she lied to SH that JS had scoffed at her. I do not believe this girl.

0 April 23, 2019

A Beautiful World: Episode 6

by lovepark

beautifulworld06-00001-1.jpg

When adults don’t act like adults, the children suffer as a result because they aren’t taught how to face their mistakes, repent, and grow. Though children can commit heinous crimes and display utter malice, they are also capable of change because of their youthful innocence. However, if all they see and learn are examples of adults hiding their sins for personal gain, how can we expect them to become better people?

EPISODE 6 RECAP: The Weight of Truth and Lies

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/a-beautiful-world-episode-6/

2019042611101613565-540x720.jpg

Park Hee Soon plays a father of Park Sun-ho (Namdaemu) in the JTBC drama 'Beautiful World' (play Kim Ji-woo, directing Park Chan-hong) and plays a person who feels a sense of distance as a teacher in the current high school. At the same time, it is necessary to solve the case of the son who is a victim of school violence, and at the same time to understand, Dong Dong-soo (Seo Young-ju). The audience wonders how the realistic distress of Moo-jin, who feels confused in his role, will have an impact on his future actions. (Google translation)

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019042670904

I was very impressed by both SH's parents characters and acting in episodes 1-3 or so. But in eps 5-6, I feel the actress'  ability to emote is being overstretched. Or perhaps her husband's passivity is causing  her character to overcompensate. 

He wasn't just passive but almost negating everything she's trying to do. Second guessing her, I guess. That could cause her character to grasp at any possible lead. I really hope the end of episode 6 shows a more supportive husband is coming. Not that slapping anyone especially a student is forgivable.:angry:.

I thought it was rather stupid of him to confide in the guard of his wife's suspicions. Are they that close?

I loved that SH dad realised that he's not perfect and that he missed really important things as a father and a teacher. 

I don't know who is worst joonseok or his mother.

Why did the security guard lie? was it all about the money?

Joon seok dad. One piece of a man. 

Still many questions not many answers. 

I never thought that most of the truth of the accident will be revealed before we reach ep 10. We got hints here and there and if we arranged it, we might guess the result.

The saying that you reap what you sow is really true in this week episodes.

Putting ep 7 in spoiler in case some of you who read this post haven't watched ep 7

Spoiler

Security did take SH's phone and found that JS and EJ were still at the place of the accident. EJ pleaded for him to keep it quiet and in returns she would give him any amount of money. The security noticed that he was being followed by JP's man. When the security picked SH's phone, there was a recording. 

Soo Ho asked KC to prove that he was not the ring leader. KC told her that the reason JS and SH's friendship broken because SH cared for DH.

Later DH's brother DS got some problem and MJ helped him. Touched by his action, DS revealed that his sister DH might have some information about SH.

ep 8

Spoiler

DH was being harassed verbally by her classmates. Feeling fed up with all of that, she decided to kill herself by crossing the road. SH saw her and called her name. Immediately she walked back as if she didn't attempt suicide. SH gave her a book, because once he saw that she was reading a book (The Little Prince). He cheered her up and left while saying he had an appointment with someone.

DH told the adults about JS two faced actions towards SH. To others he was seen as an innocent bystanders, but actually he is the mastermind and manipulate others to do what he wants. 

After the assault ended, JS told to others that they were overreacted with their actions. SH asked the reason why JS bullied him. JS pleaded for innocence because he felt that he didn't make others to hit SH. SH asked why JS changed and JS denied it. He said the one who changed were SH and he has crossed the line between their friendship because SH, who is just a mere child of bakery shop, dared to act high to him. JS whispered to SH that Da Hee is his (?) and if SH told anyone about his assault, the next target will be Soo Ho. In the present, JS blamed everything happened because oh SH. 

The recording in SH's phone was recorded and given to JP. He finally knew what happened that night. DH told her suspicions that JS used Da Hee to give SH a hard time.

Preview ep 9

IH confronted EJ after she found out that she were at the school at that terrible night. She asked EJ to tell the truth and not to hide it to protect JS. Does EJ even can sleep at night? Even the police started to investigate her because her car was captured in CCTV and there is a witness who seen her car. 

EJ told the truth to JP after they both knew what JS had done to SH. JP denied that the child must be lying and blame her for making the hellish situation. In return, EJ told him that even if she has to live in hell, she won't let anything happen to him

5f02b0c4612249e196e713a26ffeef98.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s School Violence Drama “Beautiful World” Soars To Highest Ratings Yet

JTBC’s new drama “Beautiful World” is on the rise!

“Beautiful World” tells the heart-wrenching story of a young boy named Park Sun Ho (played by Nam Da Reum) who becomes the victim of school violence. Following a tragic incident at school, Park Sun Ho’s family ends up fighting for justice while he lies on the brink of death. The boy’s younger sister Park Soo Ho (played by Kim Hwan Hee), who attends the same middle school, sets out to uncover the truth behind the violent attack on her brother.

According to Nielsen Korea, the April 27 episode of the drama achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. For the first time, “Beautiful World” managed to surpass 4 percent in nationwide ratings, scoring an average of 4.001 percent during the broadcast.

The drama’s previous personal record for highest viewership ratings was 3.346 percent, which it achieved during its fifth episode on April 19.

source

The increase in the rating makes me happy! :thumbsup:Dorama is worthy! I hope people will continue to watch it ...

And while I looked ep. 7
Very pleased with the fact that the guard blackmails mother JS. She deserved it, so that now let him suffer mental anguish and lose money. This is her payback, and it is just beginning.
But I was surprised that SH's mother believed JS's mother when she began to talk about where she heard about the laces on the boy's shoes. It is clear that she is lying on the go! <_<And the conversation with Young-Chul was also such that it was immediately obvious that the boy was lying ...
But as I am pleased that SH dad began to help his brother and sister. How he stood up for the guy in front of employer! It touched my heart as much as the heart of Dong -soo.:tears:

father like son. Joon Seok father is very scary man.  I mean no wonder Joon Seok believes he can do what ever he want and get away with it. 

I really liked episode 8 title. the Angel and the Devil.   It can mean lot of people. 

The truths are coming out. But we have still long way. And Joon Seok dad is really powerful man so he is going to everything that his son doesn't get hurt or locked up.

I'm really curious what the recorder holds. 

Highlight for me in episode 8 was Dong Soo and Dong Hee.

Archived