[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@larus  Thanks for the teaser. This drama the one I'm ancitipating.

You'll get to see future Daesang winners here with the young actors.  So in the teaser Nam Da Reum's character is lying in the hosptal... in critical condition due to school violence.   I have a feeling Seo Young Joo's character.. will do something to avenge  what happened. His character is orphaned boy raised by thugs in a harsh environment so he's tough kid. While NDR  were raised by parents but.. he's probably too good  a son ( hence being bullied).  I'm just trying to see if this will be the case. Just hunch anyway. But I'm excited to see  Seo Young Joo. Nam Da Reum and Kim Hwan Hee. All these  young leads stars won best actors. Seo Young Joo in Tokyo Intl Filmfest. He's really brilliant young actor!

And Park Hee Son. I've only seen him movies. He's going to pay NDR's father.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

I have a feeling Seo Young Joo's character.. will do something to avenge  what happened. His character is orphaned boy raised by thugs in a harsh environment so he's tough kid. While NDR  were raised by parents but.. he's probably too good  a son ( hence being bullied).  I'm just trying to see if this will be the case. Just hunch anyway.

I think he will be one of troubled kids, but I have a feeling he will have contradicted feelings. He will feel remorse and he will change.

I even want the bully boy to realise what he has done. His parents wanted to coverup for their son's misbehavior is not a good exemple for him. They will never teach him to be a responsable person.

23 hours ago, larus said:

I think he will be one of troubled kids, but I have a feeling he will have contradicted feelings. He will feel remorse and he will change.

I think it will be so. Probably show that the victim grew up in a happy loving family, even if his parents were poor. The rich guy will grow in a family where there is no love.

And then, when everything happens, when they begin to find out the causes of the incident, the truth will gradually come out. And then the rich bully boy will understand the mistake ... and maybe his parents will understand that they were wrong. And as the victim wakes up and comes out of the coma, maybe the guys will become friends ...:rolleyes:

Heartbreak and love in latest promo for JTBC’s A Beautiful World

by tccolb

bw4.jpg

New stills and another video teaser have been released for upcoming JTBC drama A Beautiful World, focusing on the younger cast members: Kim Hwan-hee (Miracle That We Met) and Nam Da-reum (Fox Bride Star) and their drama mom Chu Ja-hyun (A Man Called God).

The focal point of the drama is teenager Park Seon-ho (played by Nam Da-reum), who becomes victim to a serious bullying incident at school and sustains life-threatening injuries. However, the perpetrator’s families and the school are quick to cover up what really happened. Thus his parents, Park Hee-soon (Missing 9) and Chu Ja-hyun, and younger sister Park Soo-ho (Kim Hwan-hee) take matters into their own hands to uncover the truth and find justice for Seon-ho.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/heartbreak-and-love-in-latest-promo-for-jtbcs-a-beautiful-world/

Upcoming Drama About School Violence With Nam Da Reum And Kim Hwan Hee Drops Main Poster

b6766a28dcf04bc1b44e64a19e043756.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Beautiful World” revealed its main poster.

“Beautiful World” will tell the story of a young boy named Park Sun Ho, who lies on the brink of death following an incident of school violence, and his family as they chase after the truth and justice in his name.

The main poster features the family before the tragic incident. They are inside a bakery shop, which is owned by the parents Park Moo Jin (Park Hee Soon) and Kang In Ha (Chu Ja Hyun). The parents are joined by the aunt Kang Jun Ha (Lee Chung Ah), the daughter Park Soo Ho (Kim Hwan Hee), and the son Park Sun Ho (Nam Da Reum).

With sunlight coming in from the back, the family members pose with bright smiles on their faces. However, the photo immediately draws attention to Nam Da Reum who is the only one in the poster featured in black and white

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1312899wpp/upcoming-drama-about-school-violence-with-nam-da-reum-and-kim-hwan-hee-drops-main-poster

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Beautiful World, 아름다운 세상- Fridays & Saturdays 23:00 - Park Hee Soon, Choo Ja Hyun & Oh Man Seok - Premieres on April 5th
22 minutes ago, spark101 said:

That black and white fade of nam da reum is amazing. I'm intrigued to see if the b&w portrayal in the poster means he'll meet a tragic end or it only signifies the coma and he'll wake up near the end. 

He's the main lead so, he'll survive likely?  But  I feel like dejavu. You know the beautiful poginant ending of Solomon's Perjury JDY and SYJ on the school roof top  flashback talking and JDY reflecting onSJY death and his guilt.  In this case, Nan Da reum in comma is going to be hard for Kim Hwan Hee who plays his sister.

It's always good to watch a drama that seriously tackles school bullying. The aftermath to the family  especially the emotional scars and trauma.  it leaves everyone reflecting.

2 hours ago, spark101 said:

That black and white fade of nam da reum is amazing. I'm intrigued to see if the b&w portrayal in the poster means he'll meet a tragic end or it only signifies the coma and he'll wake up near the end. 

I think the black and white hero is a symbol of the fact that the guy is in a coma. But 100% sure that he will wake up later. Can't end the drama too sad. There must be a finale that will compel the audience to struggle and not surrender to difficulties, so that a happy ending awaits them. :rolleyes:

The poster looks very cool! I love these posters so that they are full of meaning, not banal photos of heroes.^_^

On 3/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, spark101 said:

Hi all! Really excited for this one. Nam da reum is lovely- I first saw him in six flying dragons where he was excellent. But sorry to say, i'm more excited to see seo young joo again. He's absolutely brilliant and supremely underrated. The "damaged youth" role is completely his territory- moebius(he was only 14 when he filmed this- you're welcome), juvenile offender, solomon's perjury...I know he's going to own this role as well and be a scene stealer. (though there's no doubting his versatility- loved him in GG 1979) 

@spark101, I fully agree about all that you stated here.
It made my day when I found out that Seo Young-Joo joined the cast... One very talented young actor. 
By the way, he was also the youngest actor ever to be in the live play Equus.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, larus said:

4th teaser

Thank you, @larus - for the 4th teaser. This teaser is fantastic.  It captures so well the love and hopes for bright future, that parents have, and how it all shuttered because of the school violence.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:02 AM, Friendly kitty said:

The rich guy will grow in a family where there is no love

@Friendly kitty,  hi  :)
Not sure that is the case. We are told that the rich boy is an habitual trouble maker, and his parents habitually cover up for him.   (source: AsianWiki)

So there will be a lesson here, for both the boy and his parents.  They may get into the whole issue of good parenting vs. poor parenting...

By the way, Seo Dong-Hyun who plays the rich bully boy,  also has quite a resume to his name.  But so far, only secondary roles.  I have last seen  him in Miracle that we Met, which was a wonderful comedy, with great cast.

11 hours ago, irilight said:

@Friendly kitty,  hi  :)
Not sure that is the case. We are told that the rich boy is an habitual trouble maker, and his parents habitually cover up for him.   (source: AsianWiki)

Of course, parents cover up the rich kid. But I am sure that it is not because of love for him, but because the scandal may affect their reputation! 100%!!! And, I think, in school they cover his son, and at home they will arrange for him a "sweet" life.

But let's see, I guess or not.^_^

March 29 2019

Ep.1 trailer for JTBC drama series “Beautiful World”

Beautiful_World_Korean_Drama-P1.jpg

Ep.1 trailer added for JTBC drama series “Beautiful World” (literal title) starring Choo Ja-Hyun, Park Hee-Soon, Nam Da-Reum and Kim Hwan-Hee. For better or worse, the drama series will likely be compared with JTBC’s hit drama series “SKY Castle” as it deals with different families and their teenage children. Caption around the 15 second mark in the trailer states in Korean “The whole world tells me to forget that” and around the 31 second mark states “I can neither forget nor give up until I know the truth.”

“Beautiful World” first airs April 5, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/ep-1-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-series-beautiful-world

Premiere Watch:

A Beautiful World

premwatch_myfc3.jpeg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Melo
Episode count: 16 episodes

Reasons to watch: In the aftermath of a tragedy, there are usually condolences and offers of support. But when said tragedy is a rich kid bullying someone to the point of near death, that aftermath looks very different. Nam Da-reum is the subject of an attack that leaves him close to death, but the school and the bully’s wealthy parents (Oh Man-seok and Jo Yeo-jung) are all too eager to cover up the truth of the attack. But Nam Da-reum’s family won’t give up without a fight, played by Park Hee-soon, Chu Ja-hyun, and Kim Hwan-hee, vow to find out what really happened and get justice for their beloved son and brother. When a melo breaks out the irony for their drama title, I know they’re pulling out the big guns. If the teasers are any indication, I’ll be an emotional wreck by the time A Beautiful World is over.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/premiere-watch-my-fellow-citizens-a-beautiful-world/

Waiting to watch this. I like serious drama no sugarcoating and all that.  I'm going to wtch  good young actors. The future of kdramas. Plus  sunbae to these young actors.. And I already said I like Nam Da Reum with his excellent acting but I love Seo Young Joo! He's really really brilliant young actor.

I'll wait to see presscon for this. There is one right?

Edit: just that I know my post sound like a broken  record but can't help when somone or something is good you gotta praise and get that  deserve recognition

D3

2019040213474216841-540x173.jpg

Park Hee-soon, "Imagine who you are most like in the drama.

Park Hee-soon, who plays the role of father, Park Moo-jin, who struggles to find the truth for his son. "A happy family appears to be getting stronger as they suffer in the process of following the truth of the son's incident. It will be interesting to watch how these people become true adults and right parents and grow up. " Also, as the confrontation between those who want to find the truth and those who want to hide is happening, it is also an expectation point that "to imagine what kind of viewers are most similar to the drama".

Chu Ja-hyeon, "Overcoming the pain."

Chu Ja-hyun took the role of mother who has to fight to find the truth. When a son goes to a life and death situation in an accident, a mother's feelings can not be measured. But she took the place of the drama to overcome the sore wound. Although the everyday life of a harmonious family falls down in an accident that is happening to his son Park Sun-ho, Chu Ja-hyun said, "I felt how important it is to find out how happily the inhabitant's families overcome, in the repetition of suffering and overcoming. I also wanted to "empathize with Korean moms." I feel that the idea of preference in 'beautiful world' is like my child 's work and will form a consensus.

Oh Man Suk, "The process of releasing a given situation."

"I want you to take a closer look at the process of responding to  the situation in which the book is given," said Oh Jin-seok, a dad who is insensitive to the pain of others. "In a world where different kinds of people live in different forms, it is a world where one person can not judge a person with just one side." He added, "It will be a time to look back at myself." He added that he was curious about his first broadcast.

Cho Yeo-Jeong "Focus on the position of each character."

"I would like you to concentrate on each character's position." She takes the role of mother Eun - joo on the edge of the cliff with the wrong choice to cover her son 's sins, showing "momentary fears, irresponsibility to avoid, and regrets and frightened moments that are not brave"

Lee Chung-ah "Opportunity to Reflect and Look at Me"

Lee Chung-ae of Kang Jun-ha, who is a friend of Infinite affection and a friend of preference, cited a beautiful message to viewers as an expectation point. The 'beautiful world' used school violence among children as a material, but it is also the responsibility of adults to solve it. "I believe that it will be a comfort to injured minds, and a seed for a little change," and "a beautiful world".

Google translation

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11794266

Character chart

201903281423405886.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11791781

Waiting to see this later. I'll watch the raw even if I don't understand. Seo Young Joo acting got me excited.. even though I know Nam Da Reum is the lead.. he's  good one too along with  Kim Kwan Hee

I thought I was going to see the younger actors during press con.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Beautiful World, 아름다운 세상- Fridays & Saturdays 23:00 - Park Hee Soon, Choo Ja Hyun & Oh Man Seok - Premieres TONIGHT

f489851889cf49dbbdf3677db2bdd4bf.jpeg?s=

“Beautiful World” Cast And PD Talk About Difficult Topic Of School Violence And Comparison To “SKY Castle”

The cast and staff of “Beautiful World” gave details about their upcoming drama.

“Beautiful World” is about a young boy named Park Sun Ho (played by Nam Da Reum) who’s on the brink of death due to an incident of school violence, and his family as they pursue truth and justice in his name. The drama will tell the story of people who live with hopes for a “Beautiful World” despite living in a world full of lies, corruption, mistrust, revelations, and apathy towards others’ pain.

On April 4, Park Hee Soon, Chu Ja Hyun, Oh Man Seok, Jo Yeo Jung, and producing director (PD) Park Chan Hong attended a press conference for the drama.

PD Park Chan Hong began, “I directed a project for the first time in three years. I thought a lot about what kind of project I would make with writer Kim Ji Woo, and then decided to go with the writer’s wishes to talk about school violence and began working on the drama.”

He continued, “It was not written based on a real case. It’s been about five years since we began planning the drama. Even five years ago, there were so many cases that put the words ‘high school violence’ to shame. I thought that someone needed to talk about this subject. I thought about how to talk about it. To be honest, I did hope that someone else would do it. When the writer suggested school violence while planning the drama, I was against it. We have to make a drama about a social issue that people can relate to, but I lacked confidence and suggested we do a drama with a lighthearted subject instead. But one day, the writer asked who would do if we didn’t and said that she needed to do this, so I said that I would as well.”

About the drama being compared to “SKY Castle,” the PD explained, “‘SKY Castle’ is an unparalleled drama in many ways. I couldn’t really watch ‘SKY Castle’ due to preparations for the drama, but it’s a different type of drama from ‘SKY Castle.’ I’m not good at black comedy. I intentionally inserted outtakes. Outtakes are also a part of life. I also added scenes that were unintentionally filmed in the drama. People can’t always live according to their intentions. I thought that it was like our lives, and put it into practice. I don’t know if it was just me, but it was a refreshing shock. It was a very small thing, but you’ll see why I’m working so hard.”
Park-Chan-Hong-XPN.jpg

Park Hee Soon will appear as Park Moo Jin, who’s the victim’s father. “This is my fourth drama,” said the actor. “I felt fear about appearing in a drama, pressure about having to film during a given time, and fear about the drama script not coming out quickly. But the moment I saw the script, I thought that I couldn’t let this go. The more I read the script, the more I liked the character and fell into it. There are many things I’m learning and feeling. Every time I received a script, I could feel that I was growing. I came to like and love my character so much that I don’t have any regrets about selecting this drama.”

Spoiler

Park-Hee-Soon-XPN.jpg

Chu Ja Hyun will portray the victim’s mother Kang In Ha. She said, “I read the script with a thankful mind because it’s the director and writer’s work. I was thankful that it was a heavy topic about a social issue, but it was burdensome to take on the role right away. So I thought a lot about that, since it’s not a role where I can showcase my charms. I didn’t have confidence that I could portray this character well, but I gained so much strength after meeting with the director and writer.”

Spoiler

Choo-Ja-Hyun-XPN.jpg

Oh Man Seok will play the part of the assailant’s father named Oh Jin Pyo. Describing his character, the actor made everyone laugh by saying, “I don’t think he’s a kind person. As you can see, I may be a character that makes your blood boil. There are so many cases of power abuse and violence in the news. If I tried to model [my character] after one person, then another would appear. They keep appearing.”

Spoiler

Oh-Man-Seok-XPN.jpg

Jo Yeo Jung will appear as the assailant’s mother named Seo Eun Joo. “It’s a sensitive and difficult topic,” said the actress. “But I decided to appear in it after seeing the sentence ‘Everything is the adults’ faults’ in the synopsis.”

Spoiler

Jo-Yeo-Jung-XPN.jpg

“Beautiful World” boasts of a talented cast of child actors including Nam Da Reum, Kim Hwan Hee, and Seo Dong Hyun. About this, PD Park Chan Hong said, “There are two criteria for casting child actors. Even if they’re child actors, they have to have great character. They also have to be good at acting. Child actors are in the stage of growing. I cast them with the thought of living with children for six months.”

Park Hee Soon added, “The acting of the child actors is amazing. They’re good enough to work in Hollywood. They’re the ‘Avengers’ of child actors.”

“Beautiful World” will premiere on April 5 at 11 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki!

source

Archived