[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

On 3/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, jongski said:

To be honest the last youth dramas I enjoyed included Seo Young Joo. And that's excellent "Solomon's Perjury" and  "Lingerie Girls".  I like  excellent Nam Da Reum he's the lead here and I'm fan of his but I love Seo Young Joo. He's a really brilliant young actor. Check his work credentials.  If you've seen his last two dramas and his movies. you'll see what I mean.

@jongski, I feel similarly to you about both Nam Da-Reum  (We were chatting about him when we were watching him in "Memory." right? )  But I love Seo Young-Joo. I was hooked on him after seeing his film Juvenile Offender, for which he won Best Actor at Tokyo International Film Festival, when he was only 15 years old.  I have tried to watch everything I could with him since then.  I love seeing him grow as an actor and take on new challenges. I also love his choices of projects that he takes on.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all!!  The posters are finally here!!

I have followed the drama hashtag on Instagram, but what they've been doing is drip feeding us information with little to no news updates. With the posters out, I feel like it's real real!

Can I just say how much I am anticipating this drama!! I just need the days to fly until April and we can get this show on the road! One more month!

Even though the story is about the aftermath of the bullying, I am mostly looking forward to interactions between the spouses and between the couples. JTBC, I need more of these adult dramas!

I have watched Memory by the writer/PDNim duo so I expect a good story. Don't let me down!!

7 hours ago, irilight said:

@jongski, I feel similarly to you about both Nam Da-Reum  (We were chatting about him when we were watching him in "Memory." right? )  But I love Seo Young-Joo. I was hooked on him after seeing his film Juvenile Offender, for which he won Best Actor at Tokyo International Film Festival, when he was only 15 years old.  I have tried to watch everything I could with him since then.  I love seeing him grow as an actor and take on new challenges. I also love his choices of projects that he takes on.

@irilight  I agree 100%  about Seo Young Joo. He's brilliant. Happy to know you're going to watch this. Yep we were discussing  that tvN drama. In Memory,  NDR was bullied and influenced so he tried to to committ suicide but was stop by his father ( portrayed by Lee Sung Min) that was touching scene that made me cry.

In Seo Young Joo's case....in JTBC Solomon's Perjury  he did committ suicide and jump off school building.  Very sad poignant all his scenes in that drama. which made me cry as well  He was best friends with Jang Dong Yoon character ( who was the lead in that drama).  I think for his  character  in this drama  he'll probably have friendship ( or not) with Nam Da Reum.

By the way,   It's  the same tandem of  writer and director  of Memory who  who's at the helm for this drama. So my guess when writer  and director was  thinking of this,  they had Nam Da Reum in mind for the role already.

@africandramalover   Good to know you're watching this too. We can discuss.  Try to check 2016  tvN Memory as mentioned  the writer and director are the same one who's doing this drama.

13 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Even though the story is about the aftermath of the bullying, I am mostly looking forward to interactions between the spouses and between the couples. JTBC, I need more of these adult dramas!

I have watched Memory by the writer/PDNim duo so I expect a good story.

@africandramalover, glad you are joining us.   Me too, looking forward to the interaction among the adults. It sort of made me think of Sky Castle.

And yes, I am excited too, that the writer/PDNim of Memory are at the helm here.

(I only wish they have brought also Yeo Hoi-Hyeon   from Memory.)

6 hours ago, jongski said:

In Seo Young Joo's case....in JTBC Solomon's Perjury  he did committ suicide and jump off school building.  Very sad poignant all his scenes in that drama. which made me cry as well 

@jongski, Yes, I have watched Solomon Perjury, and Seo Young-Joo's performance had had the same effect on me too.

I translated the article that @larus posted about him getting the role in this drama: (with Google Translate.)

"Seo Young-joo plays the role of a boy, Han Dong-soo, who lives without hope for the future in an unfortunate environment. He is a child placed in a shadowy blind spot of society... It is planned to draw deeply the delicate sensitivity of Seo Young-joo's scars and pain of the fellow-men who are facing the rough reality and unfair world.

Seo Young-joo has shown strong performances across films, dramas and live performances. In the movie 'Juvenile Offender' (2012), he was awarded the best actor award at the Tokyo International Film Festival at the age of 15. In 2015, he became the youngest actor in the play 'Equus'.

Seo Young-joo said, "I join in a meaningful work. I will do my best as it is a work that throws a message to reality. "

March 7 2019

4 character posters for JTBC drama series “Beautiful World”

Beautiful-World-Korean-Drama-CP2.jpg

Here’s 4 character posters for upcoming JTBC drama series “Beautiful World.” The character posters are of Park Hee-Soon as Park Moo-Jin, Choo Ja-Hyun as Kang In-Ha, Oh Man-Seok as Oh Jin-Pyo and Cho Yeo-Jeong as Seo Eun-Joo. Photography shoot for the posters took place at a middle school in Incheon, South Korea.

Caption on Park Hee-Soon’s character posters states in Korean “I am not going to lose this time. Father will win.” Caption on Choo Ja-Hyun’s poster states “If the truth is in Hell, I will go to Hell.” Caption on Oh Man-Seok’s character poster asks “Do you think the world works only with justice?” Lastly, caption on Cho Yeo-Jeong’s poster states “I am a mother. I can do anything.”

“Beautiful World” first airs April 5, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/4-character-posters-for-jtbc-drama-series-beautiful-world

Watch: Nam Da Reum And Kim Hwan Hee Tearfully Beg For Help In Emotional Teasers For JTBC Drama About School Violence

byE. Cha

TBC’s upcoming drama “Beautiful World” (literal translation) has released heartbreaking new teasers of its two stars.

“Beautiful World” is a new drama about a young boy named Park Sun Ho (played by Nam Da Reum) who becomes the victim of school violence. Following a tragic incident at school, Park Sun Ho’s family ends up fighting for justice while he lies on the brink of death. The boy’s younger sister Park Soo Ho (played by Kim Hwan Hee), who attends the same middle school, sets out to uncover the truth behind the violent attack on her brother.

On March 8, the drama unveiled new teasers in which Nam Da Reum and Kim Hwan Hee stare imploringly into the camera as they recite the same emotional plea for help.

In the newly released teasers, both actors declare, “This is a signal to the world. A small, but powerful red signal. Without knowing what is wrong and what is right, children hate each other and are wounding one another. Maybe this is a cry for help, a way of asking to be rescued.

“Everywhere, new victims appear, and the perpetrators hide. From now on, please show us a beautiful world.”

I look forward to this drama. I think the story will be powerful, interesting, tragic and beautiful.
Hopefully, the dorama will be similar to the School 2013 and the Sky Castle .... These two dramas are my favorites, so I think Beautiful World will also touch my heart.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the teaser, larus.  

Bullying and violence in the famiily and the aftermath is the theme of this drama. It's not your cutesy high school drama. It's like Solomon's Perjury but more into physical aspects of bullying. 

On 3/8/2019 at 8:11 AM, irilight said:

"Seo Young-joo plays the role of a boy, Han Dong-soo, who lives without hope for the future in an unfortunate environment. He is a child placed in a shadowy blind spot of society... It is planned to draw deeply the delicate sensitivity of Seo Young-joo's scars and pain of the fellow-men who are facing the rough reality and unfair world.

Seo Young Joo's charactere here.. it's  a very tough one.  He grew withuout parents is  in the thug environment not fit for young  man.

I'm not fond of youth dramas. I only watch if it's  well written and well acted with good actors. This one I'm waiting for. I'll see  excellent acting agaiin.

March 15 2019

Teaser trailer #3 for JTBC drama series “Beautiful World”

Beautiful_World-KD-teaser3sm1.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for JTBC drama series “Beautiful World” starring Park Hee-Soon, Choo Ja-Hyun, Oh Man-Seok, Cho Yeo-Jeong, Nam Da-Reum and Kim Hwan-Hee. Teaser trailer #3 starts off with Choo Ja-Hyun’s voice stating in Korean “Sun-Ho did not try to kill himself. Somebody tried to disguise it as a suicide.”

“Beautiful World” first airs April 5, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-jtbc-drama-series-beautiful-world

Hi all! Really excited for this one. Nam da reum is lovely- I first saw him in six flying dragons where he was excellent. But sorry to say, i'm more excited to see seo young joo again. He's absolutely brilliant and supremely underrated. The "damaged youth" role is completely his territory- moebius(he was only 14 when he filmed this- you're welcome), juvenile offender, solomon's perjury...I know he's going to own this role as well and be a scene stealer. (though there's no doubting his versatility- loved him in GG 1979) 

The teasers all look fantastic, can't wait. 

On 3/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, 0ly40 said:

3rd teaser

Very cruel and sad video. I think the whole dorama will be about the violence shown from all sides. :tears: But I hope in the finals we will be shown that friendship and love will help the children overcome all the evil that surrounds them ...
Faster would have come April 5th! Most of all I am waiting for this drama.

Feeding evil with lies in JTBC’s A Beautiful World

by tipsymocha

beautifulworld-teaser31617.jpg

Man, kids are scary. There’s a new teaser out for JTBC’s upcoming A Beautiful World, which reveals a little more about Nam Da-reum (Fox Bride Star) and his tormentors, as well as the pain that school violence can bring to the students’ families, for both the victims and the perpetrators. I always knew this was going to be a hard watch, but there’s a sliver of hope in that our tragic hero has some fierce protectors in the women of his family.

The teaser gets into the central plotline with no time to waste, with Nam Da-reum being beaten up by a trio of his fellow classmates, as his mother, played by Chu Ja-hyun (Rules of the Game, Temptation of Wife) desperately says that her son “wasn’t trying to die. Someone is making it look as if he tried to commit suicide.” The dazed and yet panicked tone of voice is heartbreaking, as is the brief moment we see of Nam Da-reum’s father, played by Park Hee-soon (Missing Noir M), who is sobbing next to a hospital bed.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/feeding-evil-with-lies-in-jtbcs-a-beautiful-world/

Archived