[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

But the girl Da Hee isn't to be trusted if she also implicates Sun Ho to her parents. Clearly he can't be the assailant given the rooftop conversation and just how good of a kid Sun Ho is. I'm dreading the next period. I hope that Sun Ho's parents have more faith in him that Jeon Suk's parents. It'll make a world of a difference.

I didn't want to doubt Da Hee either, but I have no choice now. Her parents think her nervous reaction is because of being assaulted, but it's really because of her guilt knowing what she did to everyone.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

I believe it is the florist who either assaulted Da Hee, or they had an affair.

Is it because of the scene where she went to the flower shop and looked sadly at it? I think that'd be too twisted, the flower shop owner seems nice and a complete bystander, and it was just a shop that Sun Ho got the flowers from. She was just imagining Sun Ho getting her those flowers that got trashed, and feeling guilty over what she did to him.

6 hours ago, dzareth said:

I still suspect JS's father is the culprit, and by keeping silent DH caused SH to misaccuse JS. 

I would tend to believe the victim, but in this case, because she also accused Sun Ho to her parents, I really don't know if it was just all a kid's mistake to get back at a crush and nothing more. It's much more tragic that issues between kids get out of hand because of the adults.

A Beautiful World: Episode 9

by lovepark

beautifulworld09-00222.jpg

Our heroes get closer to the truth, but they need evidence to untangle all the lies surrounding their son’s case. When the perpetrators can twist reality to fit their convenience, speculations can only get them so far. Although there are many who wish to stop them, our heroes slowly but surely change hearts and gain allies through their perseverance.

EPISODE 9 RECAP: The Catcher

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/a-beautiful-world-episode-9/

I have only watched ep.9, not yet 10. But I do agree that Da Hee made it seem like SH did something wrong to her. It could be a lie to her parents, but it could also be a misunderstanding, or assumptions that her parents made, which she didn't bother to correct.

I too think that JS might not have gone to the extent of what SH has accused him because of his immediate reaction when he heard of it. But again, we don't know yet what exactly the sexual assault that was mentioned about. Is it groping? filming and using it to threaten her? rape? Or could it be just lies by heart-broken DH to a concerned SH just to get revenge on JS, or to get pity from SH? I really hope the drama won't go as twisted as OJP doing something to her. I would imagine a more nervous reaction from him if that is so. As of now, I only see a parent who wants to protect his son and their reputation. 

We also still don't know yet how the fall actually occurred, whether JS intentionally pushed SH, or he losing his balance and fell accidentally, since the flashback was cut off. We know that by then, SH was already using his bag to hit JS.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:31 PM, cinnyangel said:

Is it because of the scene where she went to the flower shop and looked sadly at it? I think that'd be too twisted, the flower shop owner seems nice and a complete bystander, and it was just a shop that Sun Ho got the flowers from. She was just imagining Sun Ho getting her those flowers that got trashed, and feeling guilty over what she did to him.

I agree with you on this.

Edit after watching ep.10:

It's rather frustrating for me to see SH's parents keep going around and telling everyone whatever little information/progress they made instead of investigating further before taking action. I understand that they're just normal people, and the police isn't helping much. But still, I hope they would play their cards better. Or maybe I've just been watching too many crime investigation dramas to have such expectation from such a real drama :sweatingbullets: But I have to say it again, I really can't stand In-ha going around crying and screaming to people, even though whatever she is saying is all very valid and true.

Ep.10 is really good! and we're thrown a possible twist, courtesy of Dahee's mother, at the end of the episode that might just turn everything around for SH's family.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I have only watched ep.9, not yet 10. But I do agree that Da Hee made it seem like SH did something wrong to her. It could be a lie to her parents, but it could also be a misunderstanding, or assumptions that her parents made, which she didn't bother to correct.

I would hope so. But it's too hard to imagine why she wouldn't bother to correct her parents: Her mother slapped Soo Ho and threw the flowers into the trash bin. She clearly looked at the flowers guiltily, going to the flower shop guiltily... How hard is it to tell her mother that Sun Ho didn't do anything bad to her?

On 5/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, ktcjdrama said:

have to say it again, I really can't stand In-ha going around crying and screaming to people, even though whatever she is saying is all very valid and true.

Ep.10 is really good! and we're thrown a possible twist, courtesy of Dahee's mother, at the end of the episode tha

I have seen this kind of acting in K dramas. The actress is so good at turning on the tap, any little scene which could be effectively acted by a sad look  becomes a big crying scene. I think it is the director's fault for not reigning them in. I tend to fast forward the mother's scenes, making me miss important clues.:huh:

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I have seen this kind of acting in K dramas. The actress is so good at turning on the tap, any little scene which could be effectively acted by a sad look  becomes a big crying scene. I think it is the director's fault for not reigning them in. I tend to fast forward the mother's scenes, making me miss important clues.:huh:

I think it's not that unrealistic in this case. It's not like someone getting a broken heart because of being dumped. This is a mother whose loving young son is now comatose. In dramaworld, we're used to thinking they'll wake up. But this drama is trying to depict real life, and in real life that would take a miracle. 

Watch: Nam Da Reum And Fellow Teen Actors Of “Beautiful World” Show Off Acting Skills In Behind-The-Scenes Video

by M. Dang
4325642652b0407a867f43ef1a5c1908.jpeg?s=

Beautiful World” has provided a look behind the scenes in a new making video!

The clip focuses on the teen stars of the drama as they go through filming. Although the drama’s themes are more serious, the cast and the director can be seen joking around on set. For instance, in one scene between Sun Ho (played by Nam Da Reum) and Dong Hee (played by Lee Jae In) in the school cafeteria, the two can been seen struggling to eat the hardened rice in front of them. Director Park Chan Hong finally yells, “Kids, you can spit out the rice and do the scene. Dong Hee will burst from eating it all,” making everyone on set laugh.

However, when the scene calls for it, the actors are serious and put their all into their performances. For an intense confrontation scene between Sun Ho and Joon Seok (played by Seo Dong Hyun), the young actors work together to choreograph their fight, displaying their professionalism. Their passionate acting earns them the praise of the director, who says, “It’s like a pair of action stars are being born.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1322855wpp/watch-nam-da-reum-and-fellow-teen-actors-of-beautiful-world-show-off-acting-skills-in-behind-the-scenes-video

6 hours ago, cinnyangel said:

I think it's not that unrealistic in this case. It's not like someone getting a broken heart because of being dumped. This is a mother whose loving young son is now comatose. In dramaworld, we're used to thinking they'll wake up. But this drama is trying to depict real life, and in real life that would take a miracle. 

I agree it's not unrealistic. It's just me. I can't stand people who scream because of a frustration/problem, but understood that is how some people would deal with their situations. I give it to her that her reasoning and words to EJ are all so true and valid. 

There was no time to write about episodes 9-10.
They convinced me 100% that Da Hee was hiding something. I think it was because of her friends who quarreled and what we see happened. But at the same time, Da Hee "fell ill" before SH fell from the roof. So something terrible happened to her.:blink: But neither SH nor JS are to blame. But these are just assumptions, the screenwriter hid the secret of the incident well ...
JS I'm sorry. Mother looks at him with frightened eyes, yelling one thing, then another. She is going crazy and pulling her son along. I feel that after everything becomes clear, the whole family will need to visit a psychologist. The case is very difficult.:unsure:

Sister SH makes me very happy. She made friends with a ghost girl and now they both live easier. They found solace and support from each other. This is the best thing that could happen to them. And now they will all be friends with their families. Always always.
And yes, this forever screaming teacher, who is trying to curry favor with JS's father, I would love to beat the griddle. I hope someone in the final knocks him. Furious !!!:rage:

A Beautiful World: Episode 10

by lovepark

beautifulworld10-00235a.jpg

Sometimes people are more interested in sensational lies than the truth, and our heroes learn how quickly rumors can grow. It only takes a single seed of doubt to turn the tides, and when others wish to conceal secrets of their own, it will take more than a kind heart for our heroes to obtain justice for their son.

EPISODE 10 RECAP: Secrets and Lies

morehttp://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/a-beautiful-world-episode-10/

Now watching ep.11 with subs... only 10 minutes in, and I think the guesses that some of you made about OJP being the one to sexually assault DaHee is now very very possible. JS seemed really unaware and innocent about it...

The why in spoiler

Spoiler

EJ asked SJ about the lip tint found in his drawer. He answered he didn't know, he just found it in his room and put it in the drawer, quite candidly and honestly. He was upset with EJ's constant suspicion and went to DH's house, trying to call her. If he had sexually assaulted her, I don't think he would dare go find her. It does seem like he wanted to clarify something with DH.

OJP has put people on watch near DH's parents restaurant and her house.

ETA:

Still watching, not yet halfway through, but I just have to come here and say that I really really like ep.11. Best episode so far... My appreciation for the way this drama and the characters are written has increased so many folds!

Preview for ep.12 is also very promising for progress. Can't wait!

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Now watching ep.11 with subs... only 10 minutes in, and I think the guesses that some of you made about OJP being the one to sexually assault DaHee is now very very possible.

I think there has been several hints about this. For a calm and calculating guy like OJP, his reaction upon listening to the recording does not make sense. As well as his reaction when EJ heard the recording. We see him pacing back and forth in his study that EJ became paranoid. OJP's body language looked like he was very anxious as DH told SH about the attack and SH accused JS. Later EJ also finds out about it, and now both SH's parents know. So more people find out that DH was a victiom of SA.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a point in future episodes where...

Spoiler

JS himself will suspect OJP. And being the dark tv series that it is, I'm very afraid that (if my suspicion were true), JS might take the blame to cover for his dad and family. Which would make things really really sad for him.

And then the is the thing about the reporter being once accused of sexual assault. Why must they choose that kind of crime for his background. Physical assault and bribery are bad enough. Why sexual assault? And surprise, the reporter and OJP seem to have some unfinished business. There has to be more to OJP than what we currently know.

The vice principal's reaction when he told OJP about the reporter, mentioning how rapists are not to be forgiven. I took a really good look at OJP in that scene, but no signs of betrayal there. Good job Oh Man Seok!

Things also do not seem smooth between OJP and EJ. They don't seem to have a warm marriage and OJP seems to continuously blame EJ about something and I do not think he is only referring about how she dealt with JS.

1 hour ago, dzareth said:

I think there has been several hints about this. For a calm and calculating guy like OJP, his reaction upon listening to the recording does not make sense. As well as his reaction when EJ heard the recording. We see him pacing back and forth in his study that EJ became paranoid. OJP's body language looked like he was very anxious as DH told SH about the attack and SH accused JS. Later EJ also finds out about it, and now both SH's parents know. So more people find out that DH was a victiom of SA.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a point in future episodes where...

Reveal hidden contents

JS himself will suspect OJP. And being the dark tv series that it is, I'm very afraid that (if my suspicion were true), JS might take the blame to cover for his dad and family. Which would make things really really sad for him.

And then the is the thing about the reporter being once accused of sexual assault. Why must they choose that kind of crime for his background. Physical assault and bribery are bad enough. Why sexual assault? And surprise, the reporter and OJP seem to have some unfinished business. There has to be more to OJP than what we currently know.

The vice principal's reaction when he told OJP about the reporter, mentioning how rapists are not to be forgiven. I took a really good look at OJP in that scene, but no signs of betrayal there. Good job Oh Man Seok!

Things also do not seem smooth between OJP and EJ. They don't seem to have a warm marriage and OJP seems to continuously blame EJ about something and I do not think he is only referring about how she dealt with JS.

I know that hints were thrown, but I was hoping the drama wouldn't go there... a minor assaulted by an adult...

Anyway, what you mentioned in spoiler could very well happened, although I doubt EJ will allow JS to do that.

As for the charges against the Choi... could it be that he was framed by OJP? I mean OJP being the real perpetrator but shifting the blame to Choi, or maybe simply a made-up case to defame Choi, still by OJP, of course.

Archived