[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

I've been waiting for this drama from day one. It's even harder on my nerves and the characters more cruel than I anticipated. The boys are unrepentant about their crimes but the parents justification keeps me at boiling point while watching the drama. How do you justify the murderous ways of your child??? And they sit there and compose theories to protect their criminal spawn!!!! The police investigation scene with the parents jumping in to answer for their delinquents had me seeing red!!!!

We have a saying that "asiyefunzwa na mamaye, hufunzwa na dunia." That is, He who is not taught by their mother is taught by the world. Meaning that parents should raise children properly and especially correct bad behaviour immediately because the world will punish their bad behaviour, and the world is cruel!! I hope these kids go into the juvenile system!!

If my child was involved in such actions, I hope that I would have the sense to allow life to teach him the lesson that such behaviour is unacceptable. 

I have a bunch of Theories for the first time in my drama watching history.lol. I rarely think outside what is given by the writer. (It's too exhausting). I just wait for the reveal...

I think that the girl Da Hee is key to this scandal and bullying. In episode 4, from around 5:38, when Seon Ho's mum asks the detective if he has spoken to Da Hee, she says she thinks she's hiding something. I think that statement is there for a reason.

In the next scene Da Hee says, "You didn't tell, did you?", mum says "don't worry, I told you, no one can find out."  And it's clear that Seon Ho and Joon Seok were friends until something happened...

Anyway.... Maybe,

1. Joon Seok was interested in her and she refused his advances. He bullied her/harassed her and she quit school under the guise of illness. Her mother cannot fight back because they're powerful.

Or

2. Joon Seok and Da Hee were BF and GF. She got pregnant and was forced by the family to abort. So she's at home while recovering. Or maybe she's keeping the kid so she cannot go to school.

Or

3. Joon Seok was interested in Da Hee who spurned his attentions because she liked his friend Seon Ho. He may have beaten her for it or harrased her so she has stayed away from school. Seon Ho knows all this and wants to console her by visiting.

In the above scenarios, Seon Ho is a friend of Da Hee and somehow got to know of the issue between them since they may all be friends. Seon Ho was her comfort and hence the flowers and visits. I don't believe it was a one sided relationship.

Or 

Based on the conversation above,

4. Seon Ho and Da Hee were an undercover couple and got pregnant or something happened between them. Something that is still unclear happened between them. Her mother is clearly not a fan of that otherwise upright boy. She is pissed with her daughter's concern for Seon Ho as she says, "why are you worried about him? I guess he had a conscience."

of course more will be revealed, but this Da Hee girl is the one who has me more interested in the drama. I hope I'm right, because the rawness of the drama is really "dirtfying my heart", ie, making me too angry and removing any good feelings, in the face of those boys, their parents and the detective.

There's a dangerous line to walk when writing a story where the evil people seem to be winning. I get too angry and lose interest. I was glad when the video appeared at the end of episode two, because I may have dropped the drama. My life is already hard enough. I don't need more suffering. Lol.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously what is wrong with these parents.  always saying that my kid didn't do it or that it was just for fun.

Parents should raise their kids right. If they did something wrong they should be held responsible. 

Something happened to Da Hee. And I think Joon Seok  did something.

There this horrible theory flouting in my head but I really hope that I'm wrong.

For now I really think that Seon Ho was pushed off the roof. There's just too much mystery.

6 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Joon Seok and Da Hee were BF and GF. She got pregnant and was forced by the family to abort. So she's at home while recovering. Or maybe she's keeping 

:tears:I hope they stick to bullying and not add teenage pregnancy to the story. Bullying truly turns me off which was I could not get beyond the first episode of Boys over flowers.

Hopefully, any reference to bullying after episode 4 will not be visual. I did not see the earlier episodes to avoid bullying scenes. In most shows, when there is a bully, it is usually the rich boy. The way JS uses his money to cover his tracks indicates that he is the culprit. 

Looked at ep.3. Each series attracts, excites and adds more and more questions. Initially, the series was called the replacement of Sky Castle. So it happened! Very dramatic and exciting drama.
I no longer think that JS's mom protects herself, not her son. But still, the episode in the hospital was strange.
Jooh Seok himself scares me. A terrible smile ... Ready future maniac! But there is nothing surprising, dad is the same. They both scare me.:blink:

Da Hee is a very interesting person. Although she was shown only for a second in the third episode, she seems to be quite beautiful. In theory, it should have been the most popular at school, but we see that it is not. Why? Question! And yet DH mom treats with a bouquet like this ... It's strange. Has Sun Ho done something to her?

Mothers of hooligans just killed! Creepy women! And I feel that they will all try to shove all the blame on Young Chul's. And I feel sorry for him most of all. It seems to repent and feel guilty before SH..:blink:

8 hours ago, africandramalover said:

4. Seon Ho and Da Hee were an undercover couple and got pregnant or something happened between them. Something that is still unclear happened between them. Her mother is clearly not a fan of that otherwise upright boy. She is pissed with her daughter's concern for Seon Ho as she says, "why are you worried about him? I guess he had a conscience."

What do you read of the mother's comment? The Chinese subs translate to "At least it seems like he has some conscience"

Some of my takes after ep.4, and the preview of ep.5:

- JS's mother picked him up from the tuition center, but he requested her to go back to school to meet with SH. The boys then had argument up on the rooftop and JS pushed SH down (still don't know intentionally or accidentally). JS's mother maybe waited too long in the car and decided to walk into the school to find her son, but found the body instead. JS told her it's an accident. She helped him to cover it up as suicide attempt. Which is why she is always conflicted about it. She knew it is wrong, but she wants to protect her son. Yet seeing her son not remorseful about it, in fact, her son is happily continuing the cover up, she became all the more conflicted.

- Da Hee is definitely one of the victims of abuse by JS. To what extent, I still have no guess. SH knew about it, and seeking justice for DH, which led to him and JS falling out as best friends. JS unhappy and wanted to teach SH a lesson through the "Avengers Game".

- JS's father knew something is wrong with the mother-son, but he didn't really care to know the truth. Whatever happens, the school's reputation is number one.

I love how each characters are written very real and layered. But I have to say that I'm not liking some the BGM, which I felt rather unsuitable at some scenes.

Although I really admire the great acting from the actress in the character of In-Ha when she cried, I felt that her character is written with a little too much crying. I mean, her son isn't dead yet. But it's as if she has lost her son forever. I'm hoping to see a stronger In-Ha so that she can fight well the people who are trying to diminish this incident away.

A Beautiful World: Episode 3

by lovepark

beautifulworld03-00193.jpg

People are scary, selfish, and cruel. Even children who should be innocent of the machinations of the adult world are not free from its influence. As the unfairness and injustice of their situation weighs heavily on our protagonists’ hearts, they must continue their fight no matter how difficult the task because no one else will do it for them.

EPISODE 3 RECAP: Blood Moon

Memories of Sun-ho’s childhood from his birth to his first steps play on screen, intercut with Sun-ho being bullied by his “friends.” As little Sun-ho smiles happily at his parents cheers and support, older Sun-ho gets kicked by the students who take on superhero personas (hence, the name “Avengers”). The most recent memory is of In-ha noticing Sun-ho’s dirty clothes and bruised face, but Sun-ho told her that he had played soccer. With a smile, Sun-ho said, “I’m fine.”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/a-beautiful-world-episode-3/

In episode 2, there was a scene in which Eun-joo, Joon-suk's mother, called someone to ask if they have Sun-ho's phone and diary. The person said no, and Eun-joo then said they'll never speak again. Who was that? It is clear that Eun-joo was the one to clean up the crime scene, but it's interesting that she also seems to be in the dark about what truly happened (probably between her son and Sun-ho that day on the roof). Could the person she spoke to on the phone be the security guard, who has to listen to the family that owns the school? Could the person actually have the phone and the diary but lie to Eun-joo?

20 hours ago, cinnyangel said:

In episode 2, there was a scene in which Eun-joo, Joon-suk's mother, called someone to ask if they have Sun-ho's phone and diary. The person said no, and Eun-joo then said they'll never speak again. Who was that? It is clear that Eun-joo was the one to clean up the crime scene, but it's interesting that she also seems to be in the dark about what truly happened (probably between her son and Sun-ho that day on the roof). Could the person she spoke to on the phone be the security guard, who has to listen to the family that owns the school? Could the person actually have the phone and the diary but lie to Eun-joo?

She called the person "teacher". 

I am guessing it's the guard. So yeah he is not a teacher currently, but maybe he was her teacher in the past, thus such addressing. 

He loves this student of his, so he is willing to help her cover up for her son's misdeed. Maybe EJ also arranged for him to work in the school, as a favor to a favorite teacher who might have lost a job or something, to only work as guard now. 

Looked at ep.4. From moms just shocked. Do they really not even for a moment imagine what Sun-ho's mother is going through? Do they not understand that it is impossible to compare their sons and Sun-ho, who lies in a coma ?? :blink:

But how glad I am that Ki-Chan told the truth about Jooh-Seok! And in fact not afraid of mom and dad!

And the final was intrigued, yes. What's up with the shoes? Not his? Or otherwise the laces are tied, which means that someone specifically put on the sneakers on the roof?:blink:

Watching the 'Avengers' in Beautiful World feels like watching the young version of the evil four in Return.

Jun Seok parents are harboring and nurturing a monster. He has no sense of remorse and feel a sense of euphoria for being able to evade being caught and weasel himself out with only his words.

Seriously, if Jun Seok is let loose and not taught properly he will end up as Oh Tae Suk from Return. That dude was an evil, manipulative, conniving, despicable human being. He knows how to manipulate his friends and how to prevent himself from looking guilty. He mastermind the evil stuff and let others take the blame. And he started at a young age too. They were underage when the first case happened, and they successfully evade being caught and put the blame on a poor and unfortunate kid who was slightly older than them. 

Joon seok character is really interesting. he easily manipulates his so called friends and adults. And his mother is hiding something.  i Think She did cover for her son but I think there is also something else. What about Joon seok father? How much does he know?

1 minute ago, joccu said:

Joon seok character is really interesting. he easily manipulates his so called friends and adults. And his mother is hiding something.  i Think She did cover for her son but I think there is also something else. What about Joon seok father? How much does he know?

Dad knows his son is lying. He seems to sense it even though he doesn't really know happened that night. Dad is straightforward manipulative. The way he told Jun Seok to tell the 'truth' before someone else does and win favors from the school teacher was interesting. He is knowingly training his son to lie and manipulate/play with emotions.

Mum on the other hand seems very shady. Its either she is afraid of the monster her son is or she saw something that night with SunHo or she knows something about the secluded girl. 

I still wonder how she got the Sun Ho's button. Iirc, she took it out of her own pocket before trying to flush it down the toilet.

1 hour ago, joccu said:

@katakwasabi I been thinking that maybe she found in  Joon seok possession or that she took the button in school when she tried to frame Seonho fall to attempted suicide. I mean I think she was the one who took the shoes on the roof. 

But the button is not engraved with a name right? I don't really get the fuss because all buttons on the uniform is the same. So they could easily say its an extra button. Huhuhu

Anyways, if Jun Seok is not taught properly, this is what he'll become as an adult..they even look similar. Tsk3. The Avengeres really remind me of the bad kids turned adults in Return. They were bad for 19 years....huuuu

Spoiler

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Seriously, if Jun Seok is let loose and not taught properly he will end up as Oh Tae Suk from Return. That dude was an evil, manipulative, conniving, despicable human being.

I really hope that this will not happen and Jun Seok will repent of his actions. But I think that if this happens, after his daddy also repent of his affairs. I'm sure his father is a scary person. Surely, the son saw not only how he beat the driver, but many other similar cases. Here from it the monster also turned out. When he realizes that this is wrong, when he sees how everything should be, everything will change.

6 hours ago, joccu said:

I mean I think she was the one who took the shoes on the roof. 

I think it was. And now she needs to take everything into her own hands and restore justice. I think she should rebel against two monsters in her family and bring them to reason. It will be very hard, but she needs to be strong.

@ktcjdrama (off topic so in spoiler)

Spoiler

wish I could.  Real life has me time poor right now.  Even the dramas I have started have been temporarily halted midway coz I just don't have the time.  Hopefully by mid May things will have settled for me somewhat for me to return to DramaLand regularly again.  Thanks for the invite. :)

A Beautiful World: Episode 4

by lovepark

beautifulworld04-00275.jpg

Parents want the best for their children, hoping that they live better lives than theirs. However, blinded by their pursuit for success, parents become obsessed with achievements and neglect what’s truly important. In their earnest attempts to protect their children from setbacks, have parents inadvertently created monsters, instead? As the show proposes, evil is surprisingly ordinary.

EPISODE 4 RECAP: Evil is Ordinary

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/a-beautiful-world-episode-4/

The secret of that night has been revealed in ep 5 

Spoiler

JS asked his mother to drop him off at school because he left something. He deliberately asked to be dropped at back gate. He told her to go home without waiting for him. At that area, a truck was parked and the driver was sleeping.

JS' mother came back to school to look for JS. She found SH has fallen down and was bleeding. She tried to call ambulance, the phone has got through but she cancelled it and called JS's phone. His ring tone was loud enough for her to knew that he was at the rooftop, the place where SH has fallen from.

JS was crying and pleading to his mother that it was accident. They were fighting and somehow SH fell when he pushed. His mother said she believed him and made a move to call ambulance and stopped. She suddenly put her phone back and asked if anyone knew JS meeting with SH. She sent JS down to wait at the car.

She went back to SH's body, removed his shoes while saying sorry. JS saw everything. She immediately went back to rooftop and placed the shoes near the rail. She even tied the shoelaces neatly to make as if it was a suicide attempt. 

Preview for ep 6

Soo Ho posted an article in website telling about the incident of Seon Ho's assault. She told that it was unfair for her brother and family. The culprit got away with 3 days of punishment. Police and school ruled that it was finished but her family won't stay until they get the truth. She asked netizen to support them. 

And slowly the number of people who read the article grew from 5 to 153

Another problem to solve after the shoes. The diary and hand phone... 

Archived