[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

1 hour ago, liddi said:

What happened to Da Hee remains a mystery for now, but unless I am wrong, she might end up being revealed as one who had been hurling false accusations all along. If she was truly lying all this while out of the inability to handle being toyed with and spurned by JS, she is the one who inadvertently lit the fire and brought about this whole tragedy, and is just as culpable for character assassination, first of JS, then of Seon Ho. And she may likely end up as the most unsympathetic character out of all, just ahead of OJP.

This is so true... Like what her mother said, really don't understand why she would tell such lies... And of course it made me wonder too what does SH see in her in the first place?

I agree that one hour seems inadequate and too rushed to wrap everything up. There is still the son of the guard, who has been mentioned frequently, to have some things to do with OJP, will he be the one to bring down OJP once and for all? But what does he have to bring him down?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Beautiful World' foreshadowed the last truth and last chance.

image_readtop_2019_347113_15586770963762

Especially at the end of the video, Park Soo-ho (Kim Hwan-hee) said to his favorite ", "Oh Jun-suk is deliberately pushing you?", And Ji-seok came to the police department saying, "I have something to say." In anticipation of the remaining two unpredictable developments, the production team said, "There is still a shocking truth to be revealed at the 15th and 16th episodes. There is a final chance to confess the truth to the perpetrators involved in the accident of preference and return to their place. I want them to see what kind of road they will be going through. "

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/05/347113/

Beautiful world 'Kim Hwanhee, the last script

201905241724411110_1.jpg

201905241724411110_2.jpg

@ktcjdrama There is only one reason I can think of that Da Hee would tell Seon Ho that JS was to blame for what happened to her. It is possible that she was sexually assaulted on her birthday after all, which could have happened after she was stood up and was all alone. That would explain why she was so traumatised since that day, and her blaming JS - calling him a bad person, saying it was all his fault, that he did it. In her mind, she could have felt that she would not have been a victim of sexual assault if JS had not lied about meeting her, then standing her up. That would explain why JS, after finally confronting Da Hee, was so stunned that he would turn himself in, and confess to everything that happened, both to Seon Ho and Da Hee. Nonetheless, there is no excuse for Da Hee to accuse Seon Ho of the same crime, unless she felt Seon Ho was indirectly also to blame for what happened, since JS would never have toyed with her if it had not been to get back at Seon Ho. My 2 cents...

To be honest, the blackmail seems a little contrived, coming in at the 11th hour, which I guess could serve as OJP moving to rid his blackmailer, and being caught in the process, since Ki Deuk Cheol is already on the police's wanted list all this time. We'll see. Ultimately, I hope the last episode will give much needed healing to all who have suffered so terribly, allowing them a sliver of hope to finally embrace a Beautiful World.

@liddi Agree that she is probably blaming JS, and SH too, for indirectly letting her become a victim. So the next question now is who assaulted her? We still have that mysterious appearance of her lip tint in JS's room. I hope the writer has not forgotten that...

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

We still have that mysterious appearance of her lip tint in JS's room.

Exactly. 

Unless that is really JS's and DH somehow stumble upon him wearing make up and a woman's dress on her birthday. But even if that were the truth, DH is one helluva b***** for concocting such a despicable lie. It reminds me of crazy sasaeng fan.... (shudders...) 

6 hours ago, liddi said:

There is only one reason I can think of that Da Hee would tell Seon Ho that JS was to blame for what happened to her. It is possible that she was sexually assaulted on her birthday after all, which could have happened after she was stood up and was all alone. That would explain why she was so traumatised since that day, and her blaming JS - calling him a bad person, saying it was all his fault, that he did it. In her mind, she could have felt that she would not have been a victim of sexual assault if JS had not lied about meeting her, then standing her up. That would explain why JS, after finally confronting Da Hee, was so stunned that he would turn himself in, and confess to everything that happened, both to Seon Ho and Da Hee.

She would have been very traumatized. Now my questioin then is when did she receive the text from JS? Was it before she went to the meeting place or when she was at the meeting place which was a theater wasn't it? If JS texts were before she went to the date location then she could possibly be lying about the whole thing but if the text were sent when she was at location of the date, outside or inside of the theater, then it is possible she could have been assaulted maybe by a total stranger or someone at school who knew of the date and knew she was stood up by JS? DH may even have sent those text as an SOS to JS who did not want to have anything to do with her. 

Dahee would have known exactly that it was neither of the boys who did it. I can understand a victim not saying anything about the incident, or the identity of the offender, because of shame, guilt as victims are sometimes made to feel that it was their fault, fear of peer segration and societal prejudice, lack of support... however why accuse someone who isn't guilty? Yes, JH is a bad person who stood her up but she knew exactly who the sexual offender was, stranger or a known person. I hope mom goes to the police. 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

We still have that mysterious appearance of her lip tint in JS's room.

Did JH say the lip tint belongs to DH? I remember him telling mom that he found it in his room so he just put it in his drawer. Mom is always in her son's room. It could be that the lip tint belongs to her that she dropped it from her bag while looking over her son's room. She is a pill popping lush I even wonder how she can stay so elegant and pretty, even drive or function properly. A handful of pills and glass or 2 of hard liquor everytime she gets upset, she should have been on the floor. At this time, I believe JH more than her. That lip tint may have been hers and again did not believe in her son. 

13 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Did JH say the lip tint belongs to DH? I remember him telling mom that he found it in his room so he just put it in his drawer. Mom is always in her son's room. It could be that the lip tint belongs to her that she dropped it from her bag while looking over her son's room. She is a pill popping lush I even wonder how she can stay so elegant and pretty, even drive or function properly. A handful of pills and glass or 2 of hard liquor everytime she gets upset, she should have been on the floor. At this time, I believe JH more than her. That lip tint may have been hers and again did not believe in her son. 

No, he never mentioned that it belongs to DH. I doubt it belongs to EJ though because the packaging looks more like what a teenager would buy (colorful). I would imagine EJ is using something more "mature"/expensive looking lipstick (black/dark/gold/silver color)

O gosh... I was so tensed watching the first 15 minutes... The gist in spoiler

Spoiler

As JS was telling the police that he did everything, Det.Park got a call from WJ, who told him that SH said it's all just an accident. Det.got JS to sit down but OJP and EJ rushed into the police station. OJP claimed JS is stressed out that's why all he's saying are just lies, not the truth. JS challenged him, crying, how does he know that he is telling lies and not the truth? Det.caught on the implicit accusation. JS ran out of the station. EJ ran after him with another officer, while OJP told EJ he want to leave somewhere to meet someone. No one could find JS, but SH told WJ where he might find him. It's at Laputa. JS is there, standing on the edge of the building, ready to jump as he flashback to his conversation with Da Hee. Yes, OJP seems to be the one who sexually assaulted DaHee, because she was crying to JS that it's all because of him. If he had kept his promise to meet up, it wouldn't have happened. She started trembling and crying... She said that his father asked her to go in and wait for him. So scary she said. She wanted to tell the truth but she is very scared of his father. JS asked what are you saying, what do you mean? DH just told JS please don't tell him, or I'll die... JS ready to jump but WJ called out his name. WJ pleaded with him not to do it... so tensed here because I really don't know whether he would actually jumped or not. But WJ managed to distract him and while JS was crying, he quickly snatched him into safety.... Phew... He hugged JS.

Earlier, we also see DH at the hospital, but she ran away when Soo Ho and Dong Hee talked to her. In Ha managed to call her and assured her that it is not her fault. In Ha went to where Da Hee was and also hugged the crying and apologizing Da Hee. She then sent DH to her parents' restaurant and encouraged her be brave.

EJ arrived at where WJ and JS were, it's the Park's apartment complex it seems. WJ and JS were coming out of the building. JS and EJ hugged. He kept apologizing. In WJ's flashback we see JS worrying about his mom, what will happen to her.

Continuation (not in order, only the important stuff)

Spoiler

Da Hee finally went to give her statement to the police (while she is giving her statement, we see reporter Choi meeting with OJP's driver). She was being brave, asking her mother to leave the room and let her do it on her own because she doesn't want her mother to be sad again. So on that day, she went to JS's house because she was worried, no news from him and she thought he might be unwell. She stood a while in front of the house and was about to leave when OJP came back with his driver. He was a bit drunk. She said that she was asked to go into the house and wait. She waited in JS's room, sitting at his desk. She took out the lip tint and put it on the table after using it. She was texting JS asking where he is and that his father... but before she finished texting, OJP came into the room. She quickly got up, being uncomfortable, she said she will leave. As she passed OJP, he grabbed her hand. And that's all was shown to us. Btw, Det.Choi was present when she was giving her statement.

Spoiler

Ki Chan went to the hospital but dare not go into the room. Joon Ha came and could see his hesitation. He wanted her to pass his apology, but she refused saying "why must I help you?" and instead pushed him inside, saying that he should do it himself. She left the boys alone. All the time his head was down and he didn't dare to look at SH. He walked close to his bed and offered himself to be hit by SH. But SH said later, I don't have energy/strength now. Then SH told him to open the fridge because there is his favorite ice cream inside. Touched, KC just started crying and ran out the room... hehe... Meanwhile, YC's mother encouraged her son to go see SH. He said that SH probably didn't want to see him, but mom said even so, you need to apologize.

Police received pictures and voice recording of OJP with the drug criminal that the police has been running after. OJP was having a meeting with School Superintendent and the other teacher. Police came in with an arrest warrant for ordering the killing of SDG and sexually assaulting a minor.

At the station, OJP still calmly saying that those pictures do not prove that he ordered the killing, and that Da Hee was lying, just like she had lied before. He was about to leave but another officer came with another warrant. He still calmly asked is there evidence. Choi took out a box, containing a burner phone, and 3 thumb drives. The box was dropped earlier by EJ, who managed to open the safe in OJP's study. SH's diary is in there too. But we don't get to see yet what's inside.

Spoiler

EJ met with In Ha and told her that after everything is settled, she'll be taking JS to move somewhere else as she has no confidence to continue living where they are. In Ha handed SH the diary, but he said it is not a diary. I can't understand what SH said it is, but later on, he gave it to JS when he came to visit and apologize to SH.

EJ visited OJP in prison, updating about JS and talking about divorce. Before she left, she said the uniforms suit him very well, hee...

In Ha decided to wash the bloodied uniform of SH (Okay, I don't understand this, why not throw them away and buy a new set??) and later on we see Ho-Ho siblings going to school. SH still walks with a limp though, don't know if that's permanent or not. At the end, there is a narration by SH, but I don't understand much of it, except about a dream at the end. The dream for a beautiful world maybe?

And no, we don't get any romance budding between Aunt Joon-Ha and Teacher Lee :P

The recaps I shared above are not complete. I'm only sharing the stuff that's caught my attention more. And they might not be in order... Overall, this is a great drama which I would recommend to people. Strong acting from everyone and great writing on humanities.

The book The Little Prince and Catcher in the Rye came out again. This time out of JS's bag. I think WJ gave them to him.

really good and solid drama. really heavy subject but in the end I liked this. 

pretty good ending. I don't know maybe I wanted more but  the evil was punished and the life goes on. 

In the way this is really realistic drama.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The recaps I shared above are not complete. I'm only sharing the stuff that's caught my attention more. And they might not be in order... Overall, this is a great drama which I would recommend to people. Strong acting from everyone and great writing on humanities.

The book The Little Prince and Catcher in the Rye came out again. This time out of JS's bag. I think WJ gave them to him.

Thank you for all the recaps. Is this the last episode? 

This is the kind of drama that makes a lot of happy viewers. The good are rewarded, the innocent vindicated and the bad got caught. None of those upsetting twists.

Although DH was assaulted, I still think lying and implicating two innocent friends is absolutely wrong. SH spoke to her some time after the assault so she had time to think. Even if she were traumatised, it was not obvious to her parents or she would be taken to the doctor's - no mention at all. This part could have been written better, but overall a great drama even without romance. :)

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Thank you for all the recaps. Is this the last episode? 

Yes it is. 

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Although DH was assaulted, I still think lying and implicating two innocent friends is absolutely wrong. SH spoke to her some time after the assault so she had time to think. Even if she were traumatised, it was not obvious to her parents or she would be taken to the doctor's - no mention at all.

It is wrong but it is not a criminal act. She was not only assaulted but threatened not to say a word about it or she'll die. It's understandable that she got depressed and don't know what to do. When you've gone through something so traumatizing, it is difficult to think clear, even for mature adults, much less a young teenager. 

I am not sure if you've watched the episode or not, but watching it, I can feel DH's fear for not speaking and she has been conflicted about her lies and she has genuinely asked for forgiveness. She is a victim, just like In Ha said. 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes it is. 

It is wrong but it is not a criminal act. She was not only assaulted but threatened not to say a word about it or she'll die. It's understandable that she got depressed and don't know what to do. When you've gone through something so traumatizing, it is difficult to think clear, even for mature adults, much less a young teenager. 

I am not sure if you've watched the episode or not, but watching it, I can feel DH's fear for not speaking and she has been conflicted about her lies and she has genuinely asked for forgiveness. She is a victim, just like In Ha said. 

I have just watched it. There was more detailed description of the attack. I am more sympathetic to DH now. Still I would have preferred that she made an attempt to make right the lies she said before SH regained consciousness. Even if she lied about a bushy haired stranger being the attacker, it would seem she cared for her friends.  I am not sure about Korean law but in most countries, false accusation on some crime carries a prison sentence.

But I prefer your recap @ktcjdrama :) just enough info. SH's family were regular people but with more caring hearts in the other episodes. I could accept that.

But in this episode when they showed all of them chasing after JS in case he hurt himself, I found it a bit saintly. When IN called DH to talk to her and provide a shoulder to cry, -_- hmm, that was quite overly done. Fortunately, she met EJ and said she did not forgive EJ. I thank the writer for putting her back as before.

On the whole, I enjoyed this show.

23 minutes ago, maribella said:

But in this episode when they showed all of them chasing after JS in case he hurt himself, I found it a bit saintly. When IN called DH to talk to her and provide a shoulder to cry, -_- hmm, that was quite overly done.

DH is just a kid. A shoulder to cry on is exactly what she needed to gather the courage and speak the truth. I teared up with the way IH talked to her. Just like the way she talked to Soo Ho's classmate and apologized to her for adult's wrong way of handling things. She won these kids over and restored them. And these loving encouraging words are what a lot of kids today lacking, yet need badly to grow up properly. 

I actually love that in this last episode the writer made the parallel of our father figure to be saving JS from giving up on himself and the mother figure to be saving DH from continuing into despair. They are the parents of the hurt boy, and yet they are the ones who helped those who caused the hurt to their boy. 

Finally all the pieces come together in this final episode, tying up loose ends, clearing up unanswered questions - some better than others, but ultimately, what a satisfying, satisfying watch that leaves me with so much hope and happiness even as we have to say goodbye to this family and universe that has drawn me in and kept me firmly invested.

If Ep15 belonged to Seon Ho, the finale gives us, at long last, JS' hour of redemption from the long, dark journey that he had been walking - first with misguided arrogance, then the crushing guilt derailed by irresponsible adults, and the final straw, knowing the truth of Da Hee's assault. His turning point at the rooftop of Seon Ho's apartment building moved me to tears, when he is redeemed from the edge by the person who should have hurled blame but offers him encouragement, support and counsel instead, pulling him back and holding him in warm, safe arms. JS' anguished outbursts too finally show a shift in his attitude towards his mother who has tried misguidedly to shield him from responsibility - worrying what would happen to her, a small step towards healing between mother and son. The steady stream of books sent to him by the friend he wronged, culminating in the elusive book, restored back to Seon Ho, and given to JS as a parting gift - the very telling emphasis that it is merely a loan and he expects JS to give it back, indirectly indicating that their friendship, while fractured, is not at an end, extending the hand of forgiveness and the hope that they would see each other again. Beautiful.

Similarly, Da Hee's healing comes from KIH's extended hand of comfort, enabling her to finally find the courage to reveal the truth that has imprisoned her all this time. While the victim, she is indeed culpable in false accusations, first at JS, then Seon Ho. Nonetheless, the extenuating circumstances surrounding her ordeal since that fateful day, see her find forgiveness from those she wronged, and in time, she will hopefully rise above it and put the past behind her. 

If I have any complaints about the finale, it would be the way OJP's arc was wrapped up. Too conveniently, every conceivable crime is laid at his door, including Da Hee's assault. It also makes no sense why Seon Ho's book would have been kept by him in the first place, containing as it were, no incriminating evidence against him or his son at all. Ultimately, it is just a plot device to maintain an air of mystery over the missing book, and a contrived link between Seon Ho's accident and his machinations. It feels shoddy and rushed, just to finally put this despicable man behind bars, and the one gripe I have in an otherwise outstanding drama.

The Park family is one that is held up as an ideal, a family that holds fast together in the face of adversity, never giving up hope - on each other or in good itself. And among them, more than anyone else, I feel that PMJ is the unassuming hero I love most, whose shining example and life shaped his children, and restored others back to the right path - his relationship with his wife and children, his heart for those who are hurting, giving of himself beyond any call of duty, simply because it comes from the wellspring of the good that is in him. 

Beautiful World is a shining example which showcases how unwavering love, trust and steadfastness triumph over the darkest of adversities in an anguish-filled journey; when kindness and hope is indeed greater than injustice, cruelty and evil. A message of hope that is all too rare today, so aptly footnoted by that inspirational poem "Becoming a Person who Creates Hope" . A stellar combination of a script that is filled with so much heart, delivered perfectly by excellent performances all around spearheaded by PHS and CJH, carving an indelible place in my heart among other all-time beloved dramas. BRAVO. This universe will be sorely missed...

Archived