[Drama 2019] Beautiful World 아름다운 세상

larus

I just realized the actress who won best new actress for film in Baeksang Awards recently was Beautiful World's Donghee :sweatingbullets:.

Congratsss!!!!

I stopped watching after maybe ep 4. But reading the recent developments here that JS might be misunderstood and his parents are horrible human beings reminds me of Emperor Lee Hyuk @ktcjdrama :lol: .I already associate JS with Oh Tae Suk from Return. He kinda does look like SSR. A bit. Hahaha

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Beautiful World: Episode 12

by lovepark

beautifulworld12-00274a.jpg

The never-ending cycle of lies grows as characters try to hide their secrets with more deceits. However, our heroes get closer to the truth one step at a time, and though the progress is slow, they won’t stop until they reach the end. With every obstacle they face, they fight using the tools they know, and unlike their foes, they make allies along the way.

EPISODE 12 RECAP: Evil Feeds on Lies

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/a-beautiful-world-episode-12/

3 Impactful Lines From Choo Ja Hyun To Jo Yeo Jeong In “Beautiful World” About Covering Up School Violence

by Y. Kim
50036b715cd14eefafdd010765596137.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Beautiful World” has featured three sincere lines by Choo Ja Hyun’s character to Jo Yeo Jeong’s character that address issues surrounding the cover-up of school violence.

Spoiler

Because the character Park Sun Ho (played by Nam Da Reum) in the drama was misunderstood as being a perpetrator of school violence, his mother Kang In Ha (played by Choo Ja Hyun) was put in a similar situation as that of Seo Eun Joo (played by Jo Yeo Jeong).

In Ha was afraid Sun Ho’s wrongdoing would be revealed, so she tried to cover it up. Since In Ha empathized with Eun Joo’s situation, she offered heartfelt advice to stop Eun Joo from doing anything rash to cover up her son’s wrongdoings.

See three lines that have had an impact on viewers below.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1324666wpp/3-impactful-lines-from-choo-ja-hyun-to-jo-yeo-jeong-in-beautiful-world-about-covering-up-school-violence

I have watched the scene which is discussed in the Soompi article. Unlike the writer, I did not find IH's words to show her concern for JS or his family. The train of scenes that led to that moment was IH trying to get EJ to confess to the manipulations she and her husband committed throughout many episodes. Meeting EJ near her house was an opportunity for her to continue urging EJ to tell the truth and at the same vindicate SH. IH no doubt was telling the truth when she told EJ she understood her feelings and urged her to fess up, nevertheless to my mind, it was not said with concern for JS but with the aim of putting things in the proper place. The weepy and whiny tone quite often coming from IH may be construed as caring but I don't see it fitting into her character and her dogged pursue to prove her son did not commit suicide. But I hasten to add here, it does not mean that she is bad, mean etc. her character plays a mother who wholeheartedly believes in her son as much as EJ who is unswervingly protecting her son, unfortunately she played with the truth.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:18 AM, mrsj3n said:

@ktcjdrama thanks for recommending. I'll continue to watch but I'm not sure if I will be in time to catch up to comment. 

The curiosity in me wants me to continue to watch.

The parent in me wants me to take a break before I get more paranoid and upset.

For now, I'm gonna stop at episode 1 first and take a break. The start of episode 2 made it worse with the detective and the neighbours.

AARGH!!! 

I can understand the frustration... hope you will continue to watch because I think the writer did a good job in the portraying the different characters and their growth. In fact, the detective is actually on the Park's family side. Trust me, I wanted to smack him so often too for the first two episodes.

21 hours ago, maribella said:

Was there really a sexual assault? The girl's parents were hushing it up so it was highly unlikely that she was examined by a doctor. It depends on only her words.  Earlier she seemed to only agree to meet SH when she noticed JS watching them. Could she be baiting JS? 

The last episode with IH pleading EJ not to ruin her son's life was rather bleah. Her tone of voice and of course the ever ready tears just don't match  her being suspicious of JS. It would have been more natural if she sounded incredulous or even angry.

I agree we do not know yet the extend of the sexual assault that Da Hee went through. I hope there will be more on this so we can have a better idea. I personally had wished that Da Hee is someone I can root for, but it seems that she is one who manipulates other people too. Yes, she purposely agreed to going movie with SH because she knew that JS was watching them. The moment JS asked her out, she ditched SH without telling him. I don't like her. I don't know what SH sees in her.

I do believe IH pleaded with EJ out of concern for JS, although it may not be just purely that, of course. But she does worry about JS because of what Joon Ha shared with her about her encounter with distressed JS who almost got hit by a car. I bet if IH said this to EJ, she would then be shaken to know she has put her son's life in danger. But I have to be honest, since the beginning, there are many instances when I disagree with IH's way of doing things. Not saying that she is right or wrong, just not the way I would be handling things. I know and acknowledge that her son is in coma, but for me, there are other ways to handle things.

OMG!! I am waiting for the subs of episode 13 especially the end. Moojin dumped the cactus plant and found the phone. I can't wait for the next episodes. Finally they got evidence. Hopefully that will be enough to launch a full scale investigation. I am also waiting for posts in the thread for those who watched and not needed subs to find out you think. And the preview for next ep looks good... finally 

I really pray that he will wake up at the end and it will be a happy ending. They're investigating one step at a time but it moves at a great pace, it's just so heartbreaking to see the family like this!

I had watched with subs... There is no significant reveal in this episode except for the hand-phone at the end. However, there are many meaningful beautiful dialogues and moments. This drama is really great in showcasing character growth. I teared up a couple of times...

OJP is such an ugly criminal dressed in suits...

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I had watched with subs... There is no significant reveal in this episode except for the hand-phone at the end. However, there are many meaningful beautiful dialogues and moments. This drama is really great in showcasing character growth. I teared up a couple of times...

OJP is such an ugly criminal dressed in suits..

Thank you. Agree about OJP, he will probably throw his wife under the bus including the principal who was colluding with him. They are all going down

8 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Thank you. Agree about OJP, he will probably throw his wife under the bus including the principal who was colluding with him. They are all going down

In the preview, it seems that EJ will confess everything. Det.Park is asking outright whether she ordered the hit on guard, if not, then is it OJP.... EJ also asked OJP for a divorce, saying thay she cannot let JS be with someone who kill another for the sake of protecting a reputation. 

9 minutes ago, maribella said:

I am having problems with the streaming.

is there more on DH being assaulted? I think that girl is one troublemaker.

Nope. Only that she received a heartfelt letter from Soo Ho, apologizing for their last encounter which hurt her and cheering her on to better health and happiness, alongside her brother. 

O gosh... (please, please, please don't open the spoiler if you can wait to watch ep.14 in full, that will be better)

Spoiler

Finally... Sun Ho opened his eyes!!! ~~~ sorry if I ended up spoiling it for anyone. I just have to come here and share this joy! So happy!

I cried.

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Nope. Only that she received a heartfelt letter from Soo Ho, apologizing for their last encounter which hurt her and cheering her on to better health and happiness, alongside her brother. 

She should suffer a bit longer for using SH against JS.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

gosh... (please, please, please don't open the spoiler if you can wait to watch ep.14 in full, that will be better)

In real life, there is long way to go. But it is a good start.

BTW I was reading another forum, they were peed off with the weeping mother too. Director must reign her in!

not much happened in episode 13. I mean yeah they are finally getting the evidence but I don't know somehow I fast forwarded many scenes. I loved the b-day scene in the hospital and dong hee's scene in the school when she said what she wanted to say to one off her bullies. And I really loved SH letter to DH.

18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

OJP is such an ugly criminal dressed in suits...

Oh Man Seok looks great in his suits. Kdrama criminal/villains nearly always look amazing and dressed immaculately as if to mask their very ugly underbellies.

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Oh Man Seok looks great in his suits. Kdrama criminal/villains nearly always look amazing and dressed immaculately as if to mask their very ugly underbellies.

I guess they are dressed to kill, ughhhhh

It seems, in the preview, the Dahee controversy will finally be resolved and the truth about what happened or did not happen to Dahee will be revealed.

I am so happy that SH finally woke up. It will take a lot of healing together as a family because SH recovering from a coma will need support as he goes through physical, mental and emotional therapy. The parents too have gone through horror trying to prove their child's innocence and finally have the evidence to prove that they were wronged and the police now have what they need to move the case to prosecution and get justice for SH and his family. 

But so does JS, he needs some heavy counseling and much support too. The parents really messed up this kid. The irony is, EJ who heard the argument between SH and JS regarding DH, believed what SH said about JS and thought it was not accident so did what she did to save her son, made it look like SH committed suicide and made her son lie by saying that he was not at the roof with SH. She always doubted the innocence of her son regarding DH? I wonder why she did not ask for a divorce long ago. She is a hostage in her own house. Her husband demeans her, controls her and isolates her. She may not even have the support of her family. She lost her self identity only known as wife of JP or mother of JS so her life is centered on being someone she has control over and that is being the mother of JS. It seemed that JS friendship with SH and his family was the anchor he needed to normalcy, being a kid and doing what kids do with their friends, feeling included and accepted in SH family as he is, not having to prove himself as the best or the number one and be on edge like he was at his own home. Even that was taken away from him when he was told to stop going to SH house because his father wanted him to attend more private tutoring. The kid had no life. 

I am guessing here that DH lied and no assault was done, but she was thoroughly humiliated by JS verbally. Whatever JS said, shamed her and so lied to SH to get revenge. One lie that escalated into disaster. First of all the parents just said that DH was sick and allowed her to be absent from school but never went to the police to file a complaint against the sexual offender because if they did, proof of the assault would have to be provided. What parent would not seek to have the offender investigated and given punishment according to the law even if the offender is unconscious in the hospital? It is necessary to prove the assault. The investigation would have proven DH a liar. Then when the investigation of the police including the media getting involved with proof that SH fall was not a suicide, and proof that DH was involved, DH parents suddenly accused SH as the sexual offender and yet did not go to the police again or let the police question DH with the excuse that their daughter is sick and suffering. I have the feeling that JP got to the parents of DH long before the case even started. JP already had the recording of the fight between SH and JP where his son was accused of assaulting DH, which the security guard gave to JP in exchange for money. Lying, small or big have definite effects that could ruin one life or many lives. DH started the rolling of the ball of lies. 

18 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I am guessing here that DH lied and no assault was done, but she was thoroughly humiliated by JS verbally and got depressed because of it. Whatever JS said shamed her and so lied to SH to get revenge. One lie that escalated into disaster. 

I think your right.  And the thing is that this happens even in real life. I really hate that people lie about sexual assault. I get that maybe DH was angry and wanted to punish JS for playing with her. But this is the lowest lie people can make. I actually feel sorry for JS if DH really lied. JS had one true friend SH and SH believed DH when she told. Even JS mother douted him.  JS parents really screwed their kid. 

Archived