[Drama 2019] Big Issue, 빅이슈

larus

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Big Issue” PD Lee Dong Hoon To Temporarily Step Down Due To Health Concerns

by J. Lim
bc2f3b582e8a49cb9666f0628e6ad449.jpeg?s=

Producing director (PD) Lee Dong Hoon will temporarily be taking a break from “Big Issue.”

On March 11, it was reported that PD Lee Dong Hoon would be temporarily taking a break due to pneumonia. A source from “Big Issue” confirmed the news and explained, “The PD was recently treated for pneumonia. For the time being, he will be focusing on internal production work as he recuperates. Once he has a full recovery, he will return to the set.” They added, “In the meantime, PD Park Soo Jin of team B will be taking over.”

“Big Issue” is SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama that premiered on March 6. The drama will temporarily be helmed by PD Park Soo Jin while PD Lee Dong Hoon rests.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1309297wpp/big-issue-pd-lee-dong-hoon-to-temporarily-step-down-due-to-health-concerns

Joo Jin Mo Drastically Transforms Into The Image Of A Gentleman In “Big Issue”

by sala12
b98e0816e2c94727bd9d311ed2419bf8.jpeg?s=

Joo Jin Mo is set to have a drastic makeover!

In SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama, Joo Jin Mo has taken on the role of Han Seok Joo, who was once an elite photographer that became an alcoholic homeless man due to the mistake of one picture. He meets Ji Soo Hyun (played by Han Ye Seul) and becomes a paparazzo that does anything to get the perfect picture.

Last episode, Han Seok Joo, who became homeless due to his past clinic scandal, fought with Ji Soo Hyun. Han Seok Joo coincidentally ran into Ji Soo Hyun who offered him his daughter’s address in exchange for him taking pictures of idols gambling. Han Seok Joo managed to successfully take the picture and visited Ji Soo Hyun to complete the exchange.

Joo-Jin-Mo-Big-Issue.jpg

The recent stills that have been released show Joo Jin Mo transforming from his homeless look to his trademark gentleman look. After cleaning himself up, he visits the barbershop to get a fresh shave and haircut. Looking half excited and half nervous, Han Seok Joo starts anew after having lived with the guilt of reporting falsely.

To act the part of a homeless man, Joo Jin Mo took a long time to prepare for filming because he had to don a wig and put on facial hair. Before filming, Joo Jin Mo seemingly looked somewhat disappointed, saying, “Am I finally taking off my wig and facial hair?”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1309913wpp/joo-jin-mo-drastically-transforms-into-the-image-of-a-gentleman-in-big-issue

“Big Issue” Gains Attention For Addressing Scandals In Entertainment Industry + Hints At Hidden Messages In Upcoming Episodes

c4cb09fbc78843a1b20ad34d79710eae.jpeg?s=

With the recent controversies involving various celebrities, influential political figures, and more, SBS’s newest Wednesday drama “Big Issue” has gained the public’s attention for focusing on scandals in the entertainment industry.

The drama tells the story about Han Seok Joo (Joo Jin Mo), a once elite photographer who became homeless due to the mistake of one photo. After meeting the heartless editor-in-chief Ji Soo Hyun (Han Ye Seul) who chases after the scandals of celebrities, Han Seok Joo returns to the world of media as a paparazzi.

As “Big Issue” talks about various scandals in the entertainment industry, the public’s interest in the drama has gotten bigger especially with the ongoing controversies about various celebrities and the allegations made against them, which include the sharing of hidden camera videos, using their connections to the police to cover up their criminal activities, mediating prostitution services for their personal gains, and more.

During the first two weeks of broadcast, the drama featured various fictional scandals from the industry. For example, the first episode showcased a scandal of a popular idol member participating in illegal gambling. Ji Soo Hyun orders Han Seok Joo to take photos and manages to get the evidence, but they are stopped by the CEO of the idol’s agency Mr. Kang (Danny Ahn) and Mr. Kong (Kim Dong Gyun), who threaten Han Seok Joo and ask to buy the photos from him.

According to the production team, they worked on thorough research for two years in order to dramatize such incidents. The team also interviewed reporters with experience in writing and reporting on similar events. Following the research, the production team sat down for discussion, where they watered down the parts that could be too sensitive in the eyes of the public and filled them in with their imagination.

The production team said, “We encountered a number of scandals until now to produce the drama, but as the media is currently revealing, reality is even crazier. The drama will continue to feature bigger and bigger scandals, and it will be fun for viewers to look out for hidden messages behind the scandals in the upcoming episodes.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311322wpp/big-issue-gains-attention-for-addressing-scandals-in-entertainment-industry-hints-at-hidden-messages-in-upcoming-episodes

On 3/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, larus said:

"With the recent controversies involving various celebrities, influential political figures, and more, SBS’s newest Wednesday drama “Big Issue” has gained the public’s attention for focusing on scandals in the entertainment industry."

Scandals.  That has been keeping me away from watching Korean shows lately.  The "real drama" in the news has made me feel a bit sick and has left me wondering if I should find my entertainment elsewhere.

Still want to keep watching Big Issue (at least for now) even though it seems to be an echo of the all-too-real reality of Korean celebrity.

SBS’s “Big Issue” Apologizes For CG Errors

by S. Park
487aa1d3ddd74f98b7dbf28cc07e8060.jpeg?s=

The staff of “Big Issue” has issued an apology after the broadcast of its latest episodes.

On March 21, episodes 11 and 12 of “Big Issue” were aired with scenes where the CG (computer graphics) work was unfinished.

Viewers were shown black screens with the staff’s notes for the scene’s edits such as “Darken the windows a little bit.” Another one said, “Erase Canon on the Camera. Please add the camera shooting effect during the still. Please erase [company names] Secom and S-1.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1311837wpp/sbss-big-issue-apologizes-for-cg-errors

On 3/21/2019 at 1:16 AM, philosophie said:

This show is sooooo good, agh we need more pages. 

I agree. This is good and I am for now disliking the lead girl. She capitalizes on making money preying on human weaknesses. On Episode 12, when Eun Ho was forced to save his noona from the lake and doing doing CPR while crying on her and all the photographers had to do was take the pictures and watch. That was heartbreaking. 

12 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I agree. This is good and I am for now disliking the lead girl. She capitalizes on making money preying on human weaknesses. On Episode 12, when Eun Ho was forced to save his noona from the lake and doing doing CPR while crying on her and all the photographers had to do was take the pictures and watch. That was heartbreaking. 

Hey chingu, wow I had no idea how much CGI is used in kdrama. I honestly was a bit lost in that scene because of all the errors, so I can’t comment too much on that aspect but I just wanted to also add that I was also surprised how when characters in kdrama are watching a TV or phone screen Or in the camera (last scene when he’s looking at cam watching his daughter), it is actually a blank board on it. So despite the errors, I certainly learned something new.

I hope we get more people on this discussion. This is honestly the show I look forward to the most every week. Does anyone know so far what the ‘hidden messages’ there are in the show that the article a few posts above hints at? Also if any of these scandals they discuss are actually ones that happen in real life?

when I saw the car accident, it instantly reminded me of princess diana’s Death (she was driving away from paparazzi and died in car accident) as well as the other side when a paparazz died in the freeway trying to chase after Justin Bieber (something we aren’t seen unless maybe this is a similar story to how the camera tech guy in SH’s company ended up in wheel chair or we will have a scene like this in the future?).

How far one must go for a scoop? Is it worth it in the end, deaths included, for that one headline and story?

2 hours ago, philosophie said:

Also if any of these scandals they discuss are actually ones that happen in real life?

In one of the dramas I am watching, one of the actor's family is involved in a scandal pretty much like the one being discussed in the article posted in this page. 

“Big Issue” Episodes This Week To Be Rated 19+

by R. Jun
2e611a6c75c8401a8932a2eab34caec1.jpeg?s=

This week’s episodes of SBS’s “Big Issue” will be rated 19+.

In the latest preview stills for the drama, which is about a talented photographer and a powerful editor-in-chief of a tabloid who work together to uncover dark celebrity scandals, Han Ye Seul, playing the as yet unflappable editor-in-chief Ji Soo Hyun, finds herself completely shaken, seeking comfort in the arms of Han Seok Joo (played by Joo Jin Mo).

A source from the drama said, “The episodes to air on March 27 and 28 will be rated 19+ due to the nature of a shocking entertainment scandal [to be portrayed in the drama]. Please tune in to see Joo Jin Mo and Han Ye Seul, who perfectly portray the emotional changes that their characters go through as they encounter shocking entertainment scandals in each episode.”

big-issue-joo-jin-mo-han-ye-seul-3.jpg

big-issue-joo-jin-mo-han-ye-seul-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1313158wpp/this-weeks-big-issue-episodes-to-be-rated-19

On 3/22/2019 at 2:41 PM, philosophie said:

Also if any of these scandals they discuss are actually ones that happen in real life?

Well, the gambling thing from episode 1 immediately brought the current Burning Sun scandals to mind.

Love this show but I've got to get caught up on watching it--still in the middle of episode 3 (or maybe that's 5/6).  

Archived