larus

SBS DRAMA

BIG ISSUE

WE21711329_ori.jpg

WE86962670_ori.jpg

Hangul: 빅이슈

Genre: drama, suspense, romance

Network: SBS

Episodes: 36 (2 episodes a day, 35 minutes/episode)

Director: Lee Dong-Hoon (God's Gift - 14 Days, Foolish Mom)

Writer: Jang Hyeok-Rin (The K2, Yong-Pal, Reset)

Release Date: March 6, 2019- May 2, 2019

Runtime: Wednesday and Thursday 10PM (following drama The Last Empress)

Production Company:  HB Entertainment

OST: part 1 Tresbonbon - Never Stop

part 2 HEO - CRAWLING

part 3 Lee Bada (이바다) - Stay

Official site: HERE

Plot

"Big Issue" is a story about the intersection of the area of news that crosses facts and truth and the area of human being where warm blood flows through the exciting paparazzi episode of the main character who follows scandal every week.

Set within the frenzy world of the paparazzi media. Due to a photograph, a man loses everything, including his job and family. Ji Soo-Hyun (Han Ye Seul) is the notorious chief editor of a paparazzi group.

Notes

Soo Ae and Park Shin Yang were first offered the roles but have declined.

Cast

Han Ye-Seul as Ji Soo-Hyun

Joo Jin-Mo as Han Seok Joo

Shin So-Yul as Jang Hye-jung

Heo Hyeong-Gyu as Choi Kyung-Sik

Kim Gyu-sun  as Lee Myung-jae

Jo Deok-Hyeon as Kim Won-jeong

Choi Shon-hyun  as Bae Min-jung

Song Kyung- Cheol as Doo-Cheol

Oh Gwang- Rok as Gobaksa (Doctor Go)

Minseo as Moon Bo Young

Jo Deok-Hyeon  as

Yang Hye-Ji as

Jun (A.C.E.)  (cameo)

Shim Eun Jin (cameo)

Park Ji Bin (cameo ep 9-12)

Character descriptions

Woo Hyun (Han Ye Seul) is a notorious paparazzi newspaper Sunday News`s editorial-in chief . Once you smell, you get a scandal with amazing connections and powerful intelligence.

Han Seok Joo (Joo Jin Mo) is an elite photo journalist, but due to one photo, he loses his home and family and becomes an alcoholic.

Posters

2019030416022519775-540x810.jpg

2019030416022668776-540x810.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soo Ae Responds To Reports Of Her Casting In Upcoming SBS Drama

by S. Park

a1de70421bd843c28c57bdc00e9b6e39.jpeg?s=

Soo Ae has officially responded to reports that she will be appearing in an upcoming SBS drama.

On July 20, a media outlet reported that Soo Ae would be returning to television as the lead of SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Big Issue” (literal title).

The actress’s agency Star J Entertainment later denied the reports. A source from the agency stated, “It’s a project that we have already declined. The article about her appearance [in the drama] is a false report.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1203781wpp/soo-ae-responds-reports-casting-upcoming-sbs-drama

Park Shin-yang offered paparazzi role in SBS’s Big Issue

by tipsymocha

parkshinyang-bigissue1.jpg

SBS is lining up its drama schedule through the end of the year, and following the announcement of An Empress’s Dignity, SBS has begun preparing for another late 2018 show titled Big Issue. An offer is out to Park Shin-yang (Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho) to headline, though it’s still early stages and he has yet to actually review the script, according to his management.

There’s not much that’s been released by way of plot, but it does seem like Big Issue is a pretty on-the-nose title for a show about paparazzi. Making a scandal-chasing paparazzi “reporter” your hero is an interesting choice, because they have such a negative reputation pretty much everywhere. But the show is being touted as a refreshing success story, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see whether Big Issue can put a positive spin on the oft-maligned occupation.

The creative team behind the show might be somewhat polarizing, though they both have hits under their belts: Writer Jang Hyuk-rin, of Yong-pal and The K2 fame, will be penning the script, while God’s Gift – 14 Days’ director, PD Lee Dong-hoon, will be at the helm. Each of those shows had their flaws, but they were all compelling at one point or another, so here’s to hoping this writer-director combination can smooth over those storytelling bumps in Big Issue.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/park-shin-yang-offered-paparazzi-role-in-sbss-big-issue/

Han Ye Seul In Talks To Star In Upcoming SBS Drama

by Y. Shin
b7a19e48bfdd4b6fa38dac09ab678f17.jpeg?s=

Han Ye Seul may be appearing in a new drama.

On November 23, Han Ye Seul’s agency Partners Park revealed, “After Han Ye Seul was offered a role in SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Big Issue,’ she is currently in the stages of thoroughly considering the offer. Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

SBS’s new drama ‘Big Issue’ tells the story of a paparazzo who chases after scandals. Han Ye Seul was offered the role of an editor-in-chief in the show. Actor Joo Jin Mo was also offered the role of the male lead to play opposite Han Ye Seul’s potential role.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1267945wpp/han-ye-seul-talks-star-upcoming-sbs-drama

November 23 2018

Han Ye-Seul offered lead female role in SBS drama series “Big Issue”

Big_Issue-TP1111.jpg

Han Ye-Seul has been offered the lead female role in new SBS drama series “Big Issue.” Actor Joo Jin-Mo has already received an offer to play the lead male role for the drama series. Both performers are currently considering their offers. If Han Ye-Seul accepts, she will play Ji Soo-Hyun. She works as the chief editor of a paparazzi group and she is notorious at her work. Filming for the drama series will begin December, 2018.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/han-ye-seul-offered-lead-female-role-in-sbs-drama-series-big-issue

Han Ye-seul, Joo Jin-mo courted for SBS drama Big Issue

by tccolb

BigIssueA.jpg

Han Ye-seul (20th Century Boy and Girl, Madam Antoine) and Joo Jin-mo (Bad Guys: City of Evil, Woman With a Suitcase) are being courted by SBS for lead roles in the upcoming drama Big Issue.

Park Shin-yang is being courted for a role as well, but he has not yet confirmed he will take part.

The drama centers around a man who loses his job and his family all because of one photo, and a tabloid media company with a highly notorious editor-in-chief. Han Ye-seul would be taking on the role of Ji Soo-hyun, the successful (and notorious) editor-in-chief, with Joo Jin-mo playing the male lead who’s lost everything. If they both accept, it will be the first time the two have ever worked together.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/han-ye-seul-joo-jin-mo-courted-for-sbs-drama-big-issue/

December 13 2018

Han Ye-Seul cast in SBS drama series “Big Issue”

1S8G6E0A81_1.jpg

Han Ye-Seul is now cast for upcoming SBS drama series “Big Issue.” For the drama series, Han Ye-Seul will play lead female character Ji Soo-Hyun. She once dreamed of becoming a reporter seeking out the truth. She does not have those dreams anymore and works as the chief editor of  gossip rag Sunday Tongshin. She seeks out celebrity scandals using her personal connections. She is cold-blooded and heartless. Joo Jin-Mo has been offered the lead male role and he is still considering.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/han-ye-seul-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-big-issue

Actor Han Se-yeul confirmed the appearance of 'Big Issue'

1544664131881343.jpg

SBS drama 'Big Issue', which Han Ye Sul decided to appear in, is a success story drama depicting an exciting paparazzi episode of the hero who follows the scandal every week.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1S8G6E0A81

Han Ye Seul Confirmed To Star In Upcoming SBS Drama

by sala12
47ad5f29f0cc497f87545079b8643d97.jpeg?s=

Han Ye Seul is confirmed to star in SBS’s “Big Issue”!

Han Ye Seul will be playing the role of editor-in-chief Ji Soo Hyun who’s known for being heartless and using her remarkable connections to reveal celebrity scandals. In the past, she dreamt of becoming an honest reporter, but she chooses to follow her current path because she wields power rather than being ignored for reporting the truth.

While known as the queen of romantic comedy for showing off her bright and lovely image, Han Ye Seul will be showing off a new, more powerful image through her role as Ji Soo Hyun.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1277569wpp/han-ye-seul-confirmed-star-upcoming-sbs-drama

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Big Issue 빅이슈 - Han Ye Seul - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Premieres in February

Joo Jin Mo Confirmed To Join Han Ye Seul In Upcoming SBS Drama

by D. Kim
698a48bc444f4e56ab9ed08e57768189.jpeg?s=

Joo Jin Mo and Han Ye Seul will be uniting for a new drama!

On December 17, Huayi Brothers Korea revealed, “Joo Jin Mo is confirmed to star in SBS’s new miniseries ‘Big Issue’ as the main character Han Seok Joo.”

“Big Issue” is about a paparazzo who endlessly chases after scandals. It was confirmed previously that Han Ye Seul will be starring as the female lead.

Joo Jin Mo’s character Han Seok Joo is an elite photo journalist, but due to one photo, he loses his home and family and becomes an alcoholic. After meeting Han Ye Seul’s character Ji Soo Hyun, he starts again as a paparazzo.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1279431wpp/joo-jin-mo-confirmed-join-han-ye-seul-upcoming-sbs-drama

Dec 17 2018

Joo Jin-Mo cast in SBS drama series “Big Issue”

Big_Issue-TP1111.jpg

Joo Jin-Mo is cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Big Issue” co-starring Han Ye-Seul. For drama series “Big Issue,” Joo Jin-Mo will play lead male character Han Seok-Joo. He was once an elite photo journalist for the biggest newspaper in Korea. His career and personal life was ruined because of a photograph. He then meets Ji Soo-Hyun (Han Ye-Seul) and becomes a paparazzi photographer.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/joo-jin-mo-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-big-issue

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/han-ye-seul-joo-jin-mo-courted-for-sbs-drama-big-issue/

Han Ye-seul, Joo Jin-mo courted for SBS drama Big Issue

BigIssueA.jpg

Han Ye-seul (20th Century Boy and Girl, Madam Antoine) and Joo Jin-mo (Bad Guys: City of Evil, Woman With a Suitcase) are being courted by SBS for lead roles in the upcoming drama Big Issue.

Park Shin-yang is being courted for a role as well, but he has not yet confirmed he will take part.

The drama centers around a man who loses his job and his family all because of one photo, and a tabloid media company with a highly notorious editor-in-chief. Han Ye-seul would be taking on the role of Ji Soo-hyun, the successful (and notorious) editor-in-chief, with Joo Jin-mo playing the male lead who’s lost everything. If they both accept, it will be the first time the two have ever worked together.

For some reason, I thought Han Ye-seul and Joo Jin-mo had already been in a project together. They debuted around the same time and it seemed like they would have crossed paths by now. However, I think I was confusing him with Go Soo. They both have that intense smoldering gaze down pat. Not that cool broodiness is bad thing, but it would be a nice change to see Joo Jin-mo take on something different. Less brooding/coolness and more sad-sack shenanigans, I say!

Big Issue is scheduled to start filming next month and is set to air Wednesdays and Thursdays after An Empress’ Dignity ends in February 2019.

BigIssue1.jpg

BigIssue2.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/12/han-ye-seul-confirmed-for-new-sbs-drama-big-issue

Han Ye Seul confirmed for new SBS drama 'Big Issue'

Spoiler

hanjpg.jpg

Han Ye Seul's next project has been confirmed. 

On December 12, it was reported that Han Ye Seul will be playing the main character in the upcoming SBSdrama 'Big Issue.' 

'Big Issue' directed by director Lee Dong Hoon of 'Protect the Boss' and 'God's Gift: 14 Days,' and written by scriptwriter Jang Hyuk Rin of 'The K2' and 'Yongpal' tells the success story of an editor. 

Han Ye Seul is playing the character Ji Soo Hyun, a fierce editor who catches the biggest celebrity scandals using her wide network and talent. 

'Big Issue' is scheduled to air in February after the end of 'The Last Empress.'

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279431wpp/joo-jin-mo-confirmed-join-han-ye-seul-upcoming-sbs-drama

Spoiler

Joo Jin Mo and Han Ye Seul will be uniting for a new drama!

On December 17, Huayi Brothers Korea revealed, “Joo Jin Mo is confirmed to star in SBS’s new miniseries ‘Big Issue’ as the main character Han Seok Joo.”

“Big Issue” is about a paparazzo who endlessly chases after scandals. It was confirmedpreviously that Han Ye Seul will be starring as the female lead.

Joo Jin Mo’s character Han Seok Joo is an elite photo journalist, but due to one photo, he loses his home and family and becomes an alcoholic. After meeting Han Ye Seul’s character Ji Soo Hyun, he starts again as a paparazzo.

The drama will be directed by Lee Dong Hoon, who has directed “Tazza,” “Protect the Boss,” and “God’s Gift – 14 Days,” and written by Jang Hyuk Rin, who has written “Reset,” “The Gang Doctor,” and “The K2.”

“Big Issue” is set to premiere in February following the conclusion of “The Last Empress.”

On 12/18/2018 at 4:22 AM, feelbora said:

JJM looked more puffy than usual here. Maybe he was already getting ready for his role as a recovering alcoholic. Anticipating this show. I think he's a good actor but seems to have fallen off the radar for some reasons these days. 

4 hours ago, closetserialaddict said:

JJM looked more puffy than usual here. Maybe he was already getting ready for his role as a recovering alcoholic. Anticipating this show.

I didn`t see Joo Jin Mo in any stills so far but I think he will show some transformation for his new role.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:26 PM, larus said:

I didn`t see Joo Jin Mo in any stills so far but I think he will show some transformation for his new role.

Larus, did you like his look in Bad guys 2? I haven;t seen. trying to find that show. Even his skin looks different. The pores look open and his skin looks oily.. Yes, just like how his character should look. I wonder if that's how he looks without makeup or they made him up to look like that. He even has crow feet and frown wrinkles in that show. Makeup or he just stayed off botox during the filming of that show? 

17 minutes ago, closetserialaddict said:

Larus, did you like his look in Bad guys 2? I haven;t seen. trying to find that show.

I saw Bad Guys season 2 but honestly I had not noticed that, I saw him in the character he played. I am sure he will look just like the character provides. Regardless, he always looks nice from my point of view. :)

3 hours ago, larus said:

I saw Bad Guys season 2 but honestly I had not noticed that, I saw him in the character he played. I am sure he will look just like the character provides. Regardless, he always looks nice from my point of view. :)

I saw in some shots.. the crow's feet were very pronounced in one of them. To me, that was perfectly normal given his age.. (and Asians tend to get crow's feet very easily) and the character he was playing after all. But his skin looks very good in other non-Bad guys shots, even in recent ones. 

I agree with you that he looks nice. His appeal is manly.

And now watching Empress Ki.. i cannot stand the effeminate Yuan emperor.. So i already know Wang yu is not getting back with Seung Nyang.. WHYYYY? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actress Kim Gyu-sun has confirmed to join SBS drama `Big Issue`.

cms_temp_article_30153443809922.jpg

She transforms into a femme fatale through SBS 'Big Issue' and shares her acting with Han Ye Sul - Joo Jin-mo.

Kim Gyu-sun appears as Lee Myung-jae, the head of the second coverage of the Sunday Communication, which is the background of the drama. She is a femme fatale career woman character with a brilliant appearance, fluent foreign language skills and bold action. (Google translation)

Actor Jo Deok-Hyeon joined  'Big issue' and he plays a villain.

201902020344775134_5c5493cb21548.jpg

The doctor 'Kim Won-jeong', a role played by Cho Deok-Hyun in the 'Big Issue', scheduled to be broadcast following SBS 'Empress',  is willing to take on the weaknesses of other people, It is a person who does not hesitate to use.

Actor Joe Deok-hyun said, "I always do my best with the thought that I am scarce, studying and analyzing characters through my agency Kaystar Entertainment."

http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1111075324

There are drama productions  that won`t release materials until the airing date is up. This drama is one of them. The first broadcast is February 20th, this month. I hope we`ll have a poster, some teasers soon. 

Until then, a picture of Han Ye Seul

Archived