Quantcast
angelangie

[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Legend of Awakening 天醒之路

It is funny that as a gamer, I haven’t enjoyed any Cdrama that incorporates it into the story. That aside, I am reading Ever Night translated into Thai and yep, the ‘world building’ and writing style of Mao Ni is elaborate and it may be the Thai translation too but it can get complicated with the infusion of philosophy, details and play on words & implied meanings. 

Hmmm I remember all the complaints of Fuyao drama ripping of HP style competition - which I didn’t think so - and I wonder if people will say the same if this series? Thanks for the additional info. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

I think it's not as 'rich' as Ever Night,  but because it's simpler, it should be easier to be adapted into a drama. I also wasn't interested to read them at first, but then I picked random chapters and found some interesting parts there, so I went back to the beginning. I've read half of the King's Avatar (another novel by Butterfly Blue), and the style is the same. Perhaps that's why I'm kinda used to it. Even the hero's characters are more or less the same with the King's Avatar, but here, the female characters are more developed.

IMHO, Ever Night / Mao Ni's novel has more complex realm , characters, and story, with a style like Jin Yong's novel, which is more suitable to my taste. Butterfly Blue's style is very different. Referring to the King's Avatar, the power of the story is not in the character developments of the leads, but more in the unique characteristic of their abilities, the strategies to defeat the enemies and to raise to the top. Here in LoA, it seems that they add that element of mystery.

Anyway, the novel hasn't finished. I read from the translation machine for chapters beyond 70. Until chapter 900, it's still ongoing.

Omg still ongoing???, then it shall have the same multi season like ever night, so we better not watch it? Before they confirmed that the cast will be joined for another season, LOL. #lessonLearnedRight

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, stella77 said:

It is funny that as a gamer, I haven’t enjoyed any Cdrama that incorporates it into the story. That aside, I am dreading Ever Night translated into Thai and yep, the ‘world building’ and writing style of Mao Ni is elaborate and it may be the Thai translation too but it can get complicated with the infusion of philosophy, details and play on words & implied meanings. 

Hmmm I remember all the complaints of Fuyao drama ripping of HP style competition - which I didn’t think so - and I wonder if people will say the same if this series? Thanks for the additional info. 

I watched Fu Yao, but then i dropped it in the middle. I also didnt think it look like HP style competition, oh well, it has the same fate like Ever Night that everyone said it has GoT style. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Omg still ongoing???, then it shall have the same multi season like ever night, so we better not watch it? Before they confirmed that the cast will be joined for another season, LOL. #lessonLearnedRight

I dont know. There isnt any announcement about that. The novel hasnt finished until now, so I think they will make their own ending for the drama. In case of EN, the novel itself has already finished 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stella77 said:

Hmmm from the little chapter that I read, I dont think it's similar with Goblet of Fire.

It just have several competitions/tests among students of different Academies. But that is the story below chapter 100. From chapters after that, I think there should be more (based on the random chapters that I read) Dunno..still reading it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

I dont know. There isnt any announcement about that. The novel hasnt finished until now, so I think they will make their own ending for the drama. In case of EN, the novel itself has already finished 

Ah yeah since the author is also the scriptwriter right. So this is about all man show, both author n scriptwriter and director all are man. Hoping there will be a lot of fighting scenes LOL.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stella77 said:

It is funny that as a gamer, I haven’t enjoyed any Cdrama that incorporates it into the story. That aside, I am dreading Ever Night translated into Thai and yep, the ‘world building’ and writing style of Mao Ni is elaborate and it may be the Thai translation too but it can get complicated with the infusion of philosophy, details and play on words & implied meanings. 

oh this belong to part of the online gaming?

i use to game to and our favorite was just like Love O2O :) didnt knew that this story is actually base on a game story too..

i didnt watch FuYao though as i dont like the visual they given me

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, epinklyn said:

Ah yeah since the author is also the scriptwriter right. So this is about all man show, both author n scriptwriter and director all are man. Hoping there will be a lot of fighting scenes LOL.

Well, this is about 2 men and 2 women. And I think there is female scriptwriter too (pls cmiiw)

From what I found on the internet, the novel is not as good as Nightfall, that's for sure, so I also tend to wait for the fighting scenes. I heard that they had a good creative team, and it was also supervised/directed(?) by famous director Gordon Chan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Well, this is about 2 men and 2 women. And I think there is female scriptwriter too (pls cmiiw)

From what I found on the internet, the novel is not as good as Nightfall, that's for sure, so I also tend to wait for the fighting scenes. I heard that they had a good creative team, and it was also supervised/directed(?) by famous director Gordon Chan.

yes

and i have faith in Gordan Chan, he is a solid and good director

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

@angelangieHmmm I check again and Gordon Chan is the producer. We'll see later. I still have confidence that he will supervise his own drama.

yes he will...

i seen him on the site from the stills they release :) so i'm sure he will stick around.....

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, angelangie said:

yes he will...

i seen him on the site from the stills they release :) so i'm sure he will stick around.....

Thankfully ...phew..

I got interested also because of his name. Yeah, we'll see later

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Thankfully ...phew..

I got interested also because of his name. Yeah, we'll see later

the guy in white is Gordan Chan :) with FeiYu back facing us :) in the below picture

006Z6Kw1ly1fyc16bzm9lj33402c0b2f_zpsq8pk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope it really supervised by Gordon Chan him self :wub: i like so many if his works. And it will be a lot of fighting scenes (hopefully) or at least he will give us a decent fighting choreography like his movies have.

• Like 3

On 12/25/2018 at 7:00 AM, angelangie said:

yes....im stop myself for looking up on the book....as i find i will enjoy a drama better this way..... :) so with no expectation...it is easier to adapt to the drama by itself.

totally agree 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

I hope it really supervised by Gordon Chan him self :wub: i like so many if his works. And it will be a lot of fighting scenes (hopefully) or at least he will give us a decent fighting choreography like his movies have.

Yeah. The one that I'm waiting the most is the fighting scenes. As long as the story is decent, then it'll be okay for me. From the weibo, people said that CFY has been shooting a lot of fighting scenes, so I'm really curious

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Yeah. The one that I'm waiting the most is the fighting scenes. As long as the story is decent, then it'll be okay for me. From the weibo, people said that CFY has been shooting a lot of fighting scenes, so I'm really curious

Really!!! Yeah that's awesome, i also watched how ChengXiao did her own stunt, and it was beautifully done, since she is a gymnastic athlete. I hope CFY can match her doing action stunt beautifully.

• Like 2

While Fuyao the drama may not be for everyone, I honestly enjoyed it (it had some epic scenes and it was a solid drama for me) and will look forward reading the novels next year. Between Ever Night novels and others, I can’t add anymore to my reading list lol. I am also happy to hear that Gordon C. is involved and will look forward to how this drama turns out. I feel I have to give this show and EN season 2 a chance to support CFY and SYR lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, epinklyn said:

lets hope so....the series he did on 'The Four' movies was good.....with good fighting in between and comedy too :) 

and they film it at a go.....1,2,3 :) 

11 hours ago, stella77 said:

While Fuyao the drama may not be for everyone, I honestly enjoyed it (it had some epic scenes and it was a solid drama for me) and will look forward reading the novels next year. Between Ever Night novels and others, I can’t add anymore to my reading list lol. I am also happy to hear that Gordon C. is involved and will look forward to how this drama turns out. I feel I have to give this show and EN season 2 a chance to support CFY and SYR lol. 

i had to stop all my reading recently as i had been giving watching drama a miss till now lols :D 

so if im to pick up reading again i will be missing :D i need 2 screen at my desk top lols

• Like 1
  • LOL 2