[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Legend of Awakening 天醒之路

tothestars

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Just finished episode 48.

In my case, mixed feelings. I love some and dislike others. The story material is very interesting, and the actors/actresses are mostly nice, but the drama can't make use all of those potentials to the max. I give it 7.5-8, still confused because I've seen too many spoilers before finished watching, so some twists failed on me. 

Spoiler free :

What I love : I love the Beidou masters story and how the drama is focusing on Lu Ping. I love Arthur in EN, and I think his acting is better here. I love Chu Min, Liu Song, and the Gu brothers, as well as other Beidou masters. Love Su Tang, and Mo Lin is funny. The ending is also not bad, because all characters are in a positive light, no mater what had happened. That's good, because you cant choose what happen in life, just how to face them with a positive attitude.

What I dont like : lack of nice action and little show on the 'souls' ability. If only they put more emphasize there, then I believe that the drama should be better. There is also too much emphasize on LP's sufferings. Although he manages to get up again, but it becomes too repetitive. And, too many characters with their own stories, which results in too much talking sometimes. 

Opinion with spoilers :

The most attractive romance is actually Chu Min-Liu Song, and a hint of love triangle with Gu Yudao, and a hint of jealousy from Liu Song's female underling.I like their chemistry more than the young ones. 

I dont really like Qin Shang. No, I'm not talking about CX, but Qin Shang. I just dont like her because she seems to be in a different world than LP, and their suddenly having such strong romance isnt convincing to me. That's why, I dont really feel bad when she died, because I've felt that they werent suitable each other since the beginning. Her death part is really touching, though, and Arthur-CX are really beautiful together (yes I think they have chemistry, although sometimes they dont)

And giving her more stories makes Su Tang kinda useless, because isnt the drama begins and ends with LP and ST? If the drama chooses to divert from the novel, then it's better to make QS alive until the end as a part of the 'Zhaifeng team'. Although LP manages to be positive until the end, but it is still too cruel to let the suffering guy still alone until the end, after all of those efforts.

I prefer the drama to merge ST and QS's character. ST could still be the FL like the novel, but she could be Qin Qi's long lost sister. This way, she'd have the same life style as LP, while still having conflict to uphold the Qin family's name. The drama wouldnt spend too much time on (the romance of) the supporting characters and focused more on LP and the Zhaifeng team, and the 7(!) souls. Well, wishful thinking. 

Talking about the 7th soul, that one is really interesting, but how come we dont get to hear about it before? too bad, because the concept is good. LP has many people who sacrificed foe him : parents, masters, friends. I think the love from those people are already enough for LP to obtain that power. He doesnt need to have lost his lover. Give the guy a break, seriously. 

On 5/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, tothestars said:

I wonder if they will make the sequel, Lu Ping journey as the King of Bandit... Hmmm fight for the weaks together with Yan XiFan in the court.

I thought that they intended for a second season by :

killing QS. I heard that she was a minor char in the novel? But that hope went down the drain because ST was married and Molin was still alive. We cant have a hero remaining single in the 2nd season, right? 

If the 2nd season is there, which I doubt because of the many critics, then they still have enough materials for that 

We saw Shanghai building was burnt, but we didnt see Liu Song die, did we?

On 6/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Aneema said:

Talking about the 7th soul, that one is really interesting, but how come we dont get to hear about it before? too bad, because the concept is good. LP has many people who sacrificed foe him : parents, masters, friends. I think the love from those people are already enough for LP to obtain that power. He doesnt need to have lost his lover. Give the guy a break, seriously. 

Hahaha yeah you are right, it supposed to be that way, ideally, but the fact is luping cant see through it, that is why he wanted to suicide after failed killing Zhai Rong, right? And it was Qin Sang who makes he want to live again, because Qinsang give him the ordinary life he wanted for a long long time.

So not because he lose a lover so he can obtain the 7th force, but because he lose a lover, finally he understand and reach enlightmen for obtaining the 7th force.

About 2nd season, yeah i just dreaming about it, since most likely there wont be any. But i like your logic! 

On 6/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Aneema said:

What I dont like : lack of nice action and little show on the 'souls' ability. If only they put more emphasize there, then I believe that the drama should be better. There is also too much emphasize on LP's sufferings. Although he manages to get up again, but it becomes too repetitive. And, too many characters with their own stories, which results in too much talking sometimes. 

This is i am so agree! But yeah mostly costume drama always like this, although we like the support character, but there is no need to dig too deep right? 

4 hours ago, tothestars said:

This is i am so agree! But yeah mostly costume drama always like this, although we like the support character, but there is no need to dig too deep right? 

I think I dont have to use spoiler tags anymore?

I dont mind support characters' story if they have enough time, like how EN shows how NQ-Sangsang realizing their feelings, but LoA only has 48 episodes with 4 couples to tell (plus the love triangles). LP-QS have different backgrounds, one has been suffering a lot and living a carefree life, while the other is from an educated full-of-rules wealthy family. I dont see how LP can fall deeply in love to a girl like QS that easily, because his mind should be filled with Shanghai gank and all of his suffering . Ling Zhiyan is also the same. First, she chases LP, then she tries hard for XF. If she is jealous with QS, then how come they hug like sisters in the end? I can guess, but I dont see the process of their changes in the drama, so they become less convincing. The drama has no time to dig deeper.

Hahaha yeah you are right, it supposed to be that way, ideally, but the fact is luping cant see through it, that is why he wanted to suicide after failed killing Zhai Rong, right? And it was Qin Sang who makes he want to live again, because Qinsang give him the ordinary life he wanted for a long long time.

So not because he lose a lover so he can obtain the 7th force, but because he lose a lover, finally he understand and reach enlightmen for obtaining the 7th force.

I'm saying that because I pity the guy. Why cant the drama made him reaching an enlightment before that? :P For this case, it's understandable actually, but too cruel.

About 2nd season, yeah i just dreaming about it, since most likely there wont be any. But i like your logic! 

I would like to see your idea come true :P . The adventure should be just begun for them in their new 'roles', it could be another story for a whole new season.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Thank you for posting this forum, it really answers a lot of questions about this drama. However I have a couple questions, and I hope someone can answer them for me! :)

First question! In episode 14 Wen Gecheng kidnaps Lu Ping and is taking him to meet up with the Shanhai Gang. Lu Ping stops him and asks, do you have any secrets to share?

Wen Gechen says "stop trying to cheat me, and that the Shanhai Gang will meet them there soon" Lu Ping says "Microscope, is really powerful. Can you see your own end?" Then Wen Gecheng says "I told you, stop cheating me" 

After that conversation (Which I don't understand) Wen Gecheng starts choking Lu Ping against the tree instead of continuing to drag him to meet up with the Shanhai Gang? So my first question is, what was their conversation about? And then why did Wen Gecheng start strangling Lu Ping instead of taking him to the Gang?

My second question! Continuing with my first question. Xifan comes along and pulls Lu Ping out of the way and away from Wen Gecheng. Xifand and Wen Gechang fight and Wen Gecheng knocks Xifan to the ground. My question is WHY does Wen Gecheng start... I don't even know, doing something to Lu Ping... I'm assuming he is twisting those daggers he stabbed him with?? But... WHY?! Why isn't he dragging Lu Ping to the gang? Why does he just stare torturing him right there for no reason? 

And my last question is short, it is regarding the people who are born "Awakeners" I'm confused about something. Are the awakeners born to inevitably die due to their ability to use all 6 forces? That wouldn't really make sense  to me, so I thought I'd ask just to make sure?

7 hours ago, DarkGhost said:

First question! In episode 14 Wen Gecheng kidnaps Lu Ping and is taking him to meet up with the Shanhai Gang. Lu Ping stops him and asks, do you have any secrets to share?

Wen Gechen says "stop trying to cheat me, and that the Shanhai Gang will meet them there soon" Lu Ping says "Microscope, is really powerful. Can you see your own end?" Then Wen Gecheng says "I told you, stop cheating me" 

After that conversation (Which I don't understand) Wen Gecheng starts choking Lu Ping against the tree instead of continuing to drag him to meet up with the Shanhai Gang? So my first question is, what was their conversation about? And then why did Wen Gecheng start strangling Lu Ping instead of taking him to the Gang?

Hi, dont worry, neither do i understand the conversation, i guess you also watch it on iQiYi apps, since that is exactly the translation lol. Thx to machine translation, we dont get the scene.

Wen gecheng strangling luping because he want to stop luping asking too many questions, he knew luping just want to delay wen gecheng dragging him to meet Shanhai Gang people.

Earlier on the boat, wen gecheng stab luping with two silver needles that will penetrate his bone. The same needles like he shot lu ping in the motel when he catch lu ping.

My second question! Continuing with my first question. Xifan comes along and pulls Lu Ping out of the way and away from Wen Gecheng. Xifand and Wen Gechang fight and Wen Gecheng knocks Xifan to the ground. My question is WHY does Wen Gecheng start... I don't even know, doing something to Lu Ping... I'm assuming he is twisting those daggers he stabbed him with?? But... WHY?! Why isn't he dragging Lu Ping to the gang? Why does he just stare torturing him right there for no reason?

That wasnt a dagger but the needle, wen gecheng try to push deeper the needles so lu ping wont make trouble with xifan and delay him.

And my last question is short, it is regarding the people who are born "Awakeners" I'm confused about something. Are the awakeners born to inevitably die due to their ability to use all 6 forces? That wouldn't really make sense  to me, so I thought I'd ask just to make sure?

Hmm i havent read the novel, so i dont know whether all the awakeners are born to die or only luping, since he get the force acumulated in every month. Maybe other awakeners get the force not like luping, maybe in years, maybe... 

On 7/13/2020 at 1:30 AM, tothestars said:

Hi, dont worry, neither do i understand the conversation, i guess you also watch it on iQiYi apps, since that is exactly the translation lol. Thx to machine translation, we dont get the scene.

Wen gecheng strangling luping because he want to stop luping asking too many questions, he knew luping just want to delay wen gecheng dragging him to meet Shanhai Gang people.

Earlier on the boat, wen gecheng stab luping with two silver needles that will penetrate his bone. The same needles like he shot lu ping in the motel when he catch lu ping.

That wasnt a dagger but the needle, wen gecheng try to push deeper the needles so lu ping wont make trouble with xifan and delay him.

Hmm i havent read the novel, so i dont know whether all the awakeners are born to die or only luping, since he get the force acumulated in every month. Maybe other awakeners get the force not like luping, maybe in years, maybe... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey dear! 

"neither do i understand the conversation, i guess you also watch it on iQiYi apps, since that is exactly the translation lol. Thx to machine translation, we dont get the scene"

lol thank you for sharing what was going on, and that I'm not just dumb or something  -phew! :lol::phew:

Now it makes sense when you explain that Luping was trying to stall for time, which makes Wen Gecheng angry and so strangle him to shut him up... yes, I can see that now.

I was like, oh wow that's right! with the needles... those were the same things he shot at Luping at the motel... isn't it the same weapon he used on Master Guo when Guo attacked him at the restaurant that day trying to save Luping?

Wen Gecheng shot that needle into Master Guo? ...the same ones? ...If I'm correct? 

And thank you for explaining that Wen Gecheng was trying to push the needle deeper into Luping to prevent him for making it more difficult for himself. I really didn't get that part, but now I get it :thumbsup:

Yeah, I haven't read the novel either. I like your theory though, that maybe Luping was a special situation and was accumulating the soul forces too quickly.

Whereas, maybe other awakeners would gain each soul force by the year, or something... yup, I'm gonna go with that for now :P

Grr! The writers should have explained that in the drama, but whatever, nonetheless it's literally one of my favorite series EVER! :wub: Thank you dear, for your awesome answers to my questions! :D

I enjoy the show much better when I understand the details of what's going on. 

But, yup -You rock! :thumbsup:

32 minutes ago, DarkGhost said:

I was like, oh wow that's right! with the needles... those were the same things he shot at Luping at the motel... isn't it the same weapon he used on Master Guo when Guo attacked him at the restaurant that day trying to save Luping?

Wen Gecheng shot that needle into Master Guo? ...the same ones? ...If I'm correct? 

Correct! 

42 minutes ago, DarkGhost said:

Grr! The writers should have explained that in the drama, but whatever, nonetheless it's literally one of my favorite series EVER! :wub: Thank you dear, for your awesome answers to my questions! :D

I enjoy the show much better when I understand the details of what's going on. 

But, yup -You rock! :thumbsup:

Yeah agree with that, the writers should explain that, oh well...

You are welcome!

Archived