Details:

Chinese title:  天醒之路 / Tian Xing Zhi Lu
English title: Legend of Awakening

Genre: Period, WuXia

Episodes: 50

Director: 黄伟杰 / Huang WeiJia

Broadcast Period: Apr/23/2020

Broadcast Network: Youku

Novel: Legend of Awakening 天醒之路 (English Link/Mandarin Link)

Writer: Butterfly Blue 蓝蝴蝶.

Cast:

Chen FeiYu / 陈飞宇 as LuPing / 路平

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/angelangie1980/Drama%20or%20Movies%20Poster/LegengofAwakening/1_zpsy6m9doke.jpg

Xiong ZiQi / 熊梓淇 as Yan XiFan / 燕西凡

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/angelangie1980/Drama%20or%20Movies%20Poster/LegengofAwakening/2_zpsjjyfdqyz.jpg

ChengXiao/ 程潇 as QinSang / 秦桑

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/angelangie1980/Drama%20or%20Movies%20Poster/LegengofAwakening/4_zpshmxm4lqo.jpg

Deng EnXi / 邓恩熙 as SuTang / 苏唐

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/angelangie1980/Drama%20or%20Movies%20Poster/LegengofAwakening/3_zpsargmtkbc.jpg

Synopsis:

It stars Arthur Chen Feiyu, Dylan Xiong Ziqi, Ancy Deng Enxi, and Cheng Xiao as young heroes determined to bring peace to their land as "awakeners," taking on the path of awakening. It sounds very zen-like which seems to fit right in the alley of the fantasy genre and to be expected is a young cast in headlining roles.
(Cr: DramaPanda)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Episodes:

Additional Links:

Legend of Awakening Weibo

Arthur Chen FeiYu Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angelangie I need a quick google and it appears to be based on a web novel as well. There is also Thai translation but it is web based app subscription style. Beyond being about a bunch of young heroes it seems the cast is very young. I don’t even know who is who as the summaries only talk about CFY’s character, Lu Pei - an orphan trying to cultivate but doesn’t seem to have the knack like his peers because he’s special lol (again!) 

:lol: Thanks @angelangie for making this thread.

Tagging @rhaps cause I know she'll be interested. 

This drama is based on Butterfly Blue's [author of The King's Avatar] current book called "Heaven Awakening Path" , 天醒之路.

Here's the Novel update sites for the book translation https://www.novelupdates.com/series/heaven-awakening-path/

Its not completed yet, so I think the script writer will take liberties in make their own ending.

Hopefully this will be a good drama. 

On 12/11/2018 at 7:40 PM, stella77 said:

I can tell there will be a mass exodus of fans from Ever Night automatically giving this series a chance because of CFY. Thanks for this thread and looking forward to the previews.

Count me in the exodus LOL, i also have bookmarked the novel and this thread Yeahhh!

On 12/16/2018 at 9:01 PM, angelangie said:

with some hairs or bangs honestly it is easier to accept....not all are good looking in period hair styles....

thought i got to say Xiong ZiQi is doing pretty well from the stills im seeing....he look good to me ....

Who is Xiong ZiQi?

Found new image from the set

1z2ko2t1ge4061om8tdzs9p0h.jpg

I am curious because I know nothing of the story and the other 3 main characters. So who is like paired with who? The colorful bigger outfit as a school uniform is interesting lol. I find CFY’s two front long strands from his wig annoying too. 

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

guess this times around im the only one who found the two long strands of hairs cool :D 

while some of u found the long hat of 2nd Brother cool :D  in 'Ever Night'

On 12/23/2018 at 1:07 PM, angelangie said:

lols no worries....

to me either you look dashing from the first moment i look at you or i need to adjust my eyes to get use to the visual lols.....Xiong ZiQi is one the few that i could accept on the first glance :D 

Yes currently i am also adjusting my eyes to get used to those two long strands on Lu Ping, as i have adjusted my eyes to get used 2nd brother hat in Ever Night LoL.

So @rhaps have you read this awakening novel yet?

Thanks @rhaps for the quick synopsis, i also have read random few pages from chinesewuxia (there are only 70 chapters so far), and you right, it is so different with Ever Night, or maybe because of the translation, different translator team. Somehow i havent attracted to it, but after i read your synopsis, i think i am getting interested, so maybe i have to search the completed version of it. 

It is funny that as a gamer, I haven’t enjoyed any Cdrama that incorporates it into the story. That aside, I am reading Ever Night translated into Thai and yep, the ‘world building’ and writing style of Mao Ni is elaborate and it may be the Thai translation too but it can get complicated with the infusion of philosophy, details and play on words & implied meanings. 

Hmmm I remember all the complaints of Fuyao drama ripping of HP style competition - which I didn’t think so - and I wonder if people will say the same if this series? Thanks for the additional info. 

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

I think it's not as 'rich' as Ever Night,  but because it's simpler, it should be easier to be adapted into a drama. I also wasn't interested to read them at first, but then I picked random chapters and found some interesting parts there, so I went back to the beginning. I've read half of the King's Avatar (another novel by Butterfly Blue), and the style is the same. Perhaps that's why I'm kinda used to it. Even the hero's characters are more or less the same with the King's Avatar, but here, the female characters are more developed.

IMHO, Ever Night / Mao Ni's novel has more complex realm , characters, and story, with a style like Jin Yong's novel, which is more suitable to my taste. Butterfly Blue's style is very different. Referring to the King's Avatar, the power of the story is not in the character developments of the leads, but more in the unique characteristic of their abilities, the strategies to defeat the enemies and to raise to the top. Here in LoA, it seems that they add that element of mystery.

Anyway, the novel hasn't finished. I read from the translation machine for chapters beyond 70. Until chapter 900, it's still ongoing.

Omg still ongoing???, then it shall have the same multi season like ever night, so we better not watch it? Before they confirmed that the cast will be joined for another season, LOL. #lessonLearnedRight

51 minutes ago, stella77 said:

It is funny that as a gamer, I haven’t enjoyed any Cdrama that incorporates it into the story. That aside, I am dreading Ever Night translated into Thai and yep, the ‘world building’ and writing style of Mao Ni is elaborate and it may be the Thai translation too but it can get complicated with the infusion of philosophy, details and play on words & implied meanings. 

Hmmm I remember all the complaints of Fuyao drama ripping of HP style competition - which I didn’t think so - and I wonder if people will say the same if this series? Thanks for the additional info. 

I watched Fu Yao, but then i dropped it in the middle. I also didnt think it look like HP style competition, oh well, it has the same fate like Ever Night that everyone said it has GoT style. 

Archived