[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

Lee Yeon Seo waited for him. She gave him space, waited for him to sort out his feelings and come to her. This girl who had used to think that everyone is hers to command and suspected them of ulterior motives, chose to unconditionally trust Dan with her heart.

She expects from him confessions of love, kisses, soft touches and embraces, but he crushes her hopes and heart with his cruel lies. Dan, who never lies, saves all his lies for YS, hoping that pushing her away would protect her from unhappiness. Even the first lie he ever said was the one with which he denied his love for her.

81aeU50.jpg

Dan’s efforts to protect YS from sadness are so counterproductive because, in the end, they only make her, and him, utterly miserable. You only need to see Dan’s numb look and hear YS choke on her grief and panic when she tells him to pack his stuff and leave to realize that these two can’t live without each other. I think that an ending where Dan disappears and YS has to spend her life alone without him is virtually impossible at this point because when she not only started to hallucinate and see Dan everywhere, but also search for him everywhere the moment he left the house, it become clear that Yeon Seo can’t live in a world in which Kim Dan does not exist.

VY43kRx.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, has anyone notice how pretty SHS's hands and fingers are? They are long and thin! :wub:

Spoiler

Touch that handsome face, LYS, with your pretty hand. 

5d93c26c-a031-40a1-8256-b1bd099a7ac8-ori

Even though, this is just an imagination, I love how happy she was to see her KD here. I hope to see her do this to KD in reality. Maybe we'll see it when she knows that he's her childhood friend, Yoo Seong Woo, and the reunion at the end or whenever. 

a56c70b7-c7ae-4905-b2d3-39d8f84dd1a2-ori

I also have to mention LYS's lines from yesterday's episode. It hit me hard. 

Spoiler

She is very wise! Amen!  

21b86edd-4a2c-4947-9fed-e82b10fb5851-ori

From this moment, LYS resembles the character, Giselle. In reality, she really loves KD that much after letting him go.

b59d14c7-57de-410e-bfb7-50687e35d614-ori

Loved how she talked some sense and truth into JKW. Maybe she should become the "artistic" director. 

9f348041-2d4a-421b-b158-5f5446a53447-ori

No more words to say to this one... love her strength and confidence here. She isn't backing down!

f9008cba-4243-476f-a8ec-993de063abe0-ori

She told the truth here, and the truth hurts! 

f1d07def-b2b3-4eb0-869f-adb596c69eec-ori

Gifs credit to tumblr and Twitter 

@briseis

I always love your posts! It makes me feel inspired and have more hope for my OTP. But most of the time I feel like this from reading them, more in a good way! :lol: :wub:

2863b12c-210b-473c-93e4-d9a9358242d7-ori

1 hour ago, Liting1 said:

@briseis

I always love your posts! It makes me feel inspired and have more hope for my OTP. But most of the time I feel like this from reading them, more in a good way! :lol: :wub:

Thank you :wub:. You know I write these posts because I need to get out all the feels I have about this shows, bottling them up inside suffocates me.

“Should we eat ramyeon?”

I’m sure Dan is too pure to think about it but while I was watching this scene there was only one thing on my mind, which is in a gutter no doubt, and I’m not even ashamed of it. I blame it on the raw chemistry between the leads.

90Y4Zuz.jpg

When Dan asked YS whether they should eat ramyeon, I screamed because he just used the Korean version of “Netflix & Chill” (the whole phrase is “Do you want to eat some ramen and then go?” and it means whether they should sleep together). To me this scene had an underlying sexual innuendo. I don’t normally have this reaction when a couple has ramyeon together in a kdrama because it usually doesn’t mean anything, but in the context in which Dan used it I couldn’t think of anything else. I mean, they are all alone in the house, he swoops YS up in his arms, carries her bridal-style, hoists her up on the kitchen counter and leans in towards her, stopping few inches from her lips. And Yeon Seo definitely has some sort of expectations here, if nothing else, then at least a kiss.

qX8ubKN.jpg

I know when they eat it’s supposed to suggest that she isn’t used to having ramyeon; however, there is something more to those strange looks she is giving him. It’s certainly no coincidence that the very same night she dreams of kissing Dan.

BNVWpGy.jpg

30 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Btw, has anyone notice how pretty SHS's hands and fingers are? They are long and thin! :wub:

Yep, we were discussing about it earlier. 

I have been thinking ... I can pin point when Dan fell in love ... but when is the exact moment LYS fell in love with him? 

Was it the night of the dance? Or was it when Ms. butler gave her the idea of romance in the air? Or was it at the morgue when he told her that he only existed for her? :wub:

2 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Yep, we were discussing about it earlier. 

I have been thinking ... I can pin point when Dan fell in love ... but when is the exact moment LYS fell in love with him? 

Was it the night of the dance? Or was it when Ms. butler gave her the idea of romance in the air? Or was it at the morgue when he told her that he only existed for her? :wub:

Really? I didn't see it or maybe I missed it. 

Hmm... I'm not sure? I think it was when he was drunk and helped her dance. When he said "You're most beautiful when you dance," she was startled yet felt touched or something there. 

eb371a12-c127-4007-9ebd-eb90890698fa-ori

Btw, did you guys notice? 

From Wednesday’s preview for Thursday - some scenes were missing! Did they cut it or will they be moving it to next week? 

They are all from where Hae Sun is wearing a black jumpsuit ... 

1- Where she goes in Dan’s room & touches his bed (They dare cutting that scene!)

2- KW scolding YS to snap out of it and walks away 

3- KW looking at the monitor with Matil/YS pics 

Are they the scenes after the audition?!

Think it will be shown on Wednesday? What happened after the audition and why YS is back to the island? Hm. 

At first, I didn´t want to do this, but after rewatch this episode I decided it's important to talk about the differences between KD/LYS romance with the other two couples (angel and human) we have been seeing so far.

First of all, tecnically Dan and LYS met each other, when Dan was still a human and after today episode, I think he had a crush on LYS since they were kids. Maybe, if Dan hadn´t died they would be together today. For now, I think Dan died as a kid or is in a coma.

That's a really different because Dan didn´t meet LYS and after fall in love with her, he was already in love with her before even met her as adult.

Second, the two other couples there is some kind of selfish in their love. What I mean by that? It's not like they don´t love each other, but in God eyes, they were being selfish to pursue this love. The Ahjussi was staying in the place of the ajhumma's husband, but he needed to take her to heaven, maybe there she would met her husband. As for KW, I think the greatest problem here is the fact that he needed to motivated artists, but in reality he fell in love with Matil. And I think, he somehow made her failed in her goal to become an great artist.

As for Dan, his mission is to make LYS believe in love. We still don´t know what thats mean. But until now, he didn´t fail. But maybe, when he wants to go away from her, that's when he actually fail.

This don´t make sense, right?

Well, if I remember correctly, the korean name for this drama is: Dan, Only love. There is many ways to interpret that. But I think, it means LYS will be the only and ever love of Dan. If my theory is correct Dan first love was LYS and he didn´t have even a chance to love other person than her. So maybe, the real "rib" is actually Dan. But not Dan as an angel, but as a human. Because after all, he still has the soul of him as a human who had his first love. 

38 minutes ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

At first, I didn´t want to do this, but after rewatch this episode I decided it's important to talk about the differences between KD/LYS romance with the other two couples (angel and human) we have been seeing so far.

First of all, tecnically Dan and LYS met each other, when Dan was still a human and after today episode, I think he had a crush on LYS since they were kids. Maybe, if Dan hadn´t died they would be together today. For now, I think Dan died as a kid or is in a coma.

That's a really different because Dan didn´t meet LYS and after fall in love with her, he was already in love with her before even met her as adult.

Second, the two other couples there is some kind of selfish in their love. What I mean by that? It's not like they don´t love each other, but in God eyes, they were being selfish to pursue this love. The Ahjussi was staying in the place of the ajhumma's husband, but he needed to take her to heaven, maybe there she would met her husband. As for KW, I think the greatest problem here is the fact that he needed to motivated artists, but in reality he fell in love with Matil. And I think, he somehow made her failed in her goal to become an great artist.

As for Dan, his mission is to make LYS believe in love. We still don´t know what thats mean. But until now, he didn´t fail. But maybe, when he wants to go away from her, that's when he actually fail.

This don´t make sense, right?

Well, if I remember correctly, the korean name for this drama is: Dan, Only love. There is many ways to interpret that. But I think, it means LYS will be the only and ever love of Dan. If my theory is correct Dan first love was LYS and he didn´t have even a chance to love other person than her. So maybe, the real "rib" is actually Dan. But not Dan as an angel, but as a human. Because after all, he still has the soul of him as a human who had his first love. 

No, it’s you are making sense.

Most of us are thinking the same along the lines ... There’s more to this than meet the eyes. 

Basically KW/SH & Oldies - Their love was flawed. What those flaws were, we can only guess for now. They didn’t sacrifice each other. They were indeed selfish. 

True love ... well, doesn’t always mean to be together, does it? 

9 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

No, it’s you are making sense.

Most of us are thinking the same along the lines ... There’s more to this than meet the eyes. 

Basically KW/SH & Oldies - Their love was flawed. What those flaws were, we can only guess for now. They didn’t sacrifice each other. They were indeed selfish. 

True love ... well, doesn’t always mean to be together, does it? 

Yeah! If I learned something in the world of dramas/series/books/films that I have been watching is that true love means selfless. I think if Dan/LYS's love is selfless and also if Dan can prove to God that he really wants to be with LYS and he will neve turn against God, I think God will give him a second chance with LYS. Untill now, I see Dan doing that.

54 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

That angel old man got to live with his lady love till they were old so my question is what was so wrong with Kang Woo and Matilda that they did not get any chance whatsoever.

KW thought Matilda was his true love. Maybe she wasn’t. :lol:

If she was, his heart wouldn’t get distracted by Yeon Seo.

I won’t see you leave ever again. It always you who always ran away. Remember this. I’m leaving you. It’s you who will always be left alone.

Since I knew we are hitting the climax, I was wondering what would be the main message or purpose of the show by then. What is the soul of the show?

I think, it might be - one of them - these words could be it.

When she said these words, I did not think much about. I was busy enjoying the scene. It’s natural for her to be angry, hurt, heartbroken. She has seen everyone leave her: Her parents, Mr. Jo and even her extended family, metaphorically speaking. 

Now Dan was leaving for good. How could she let the biggest and maybe the only love of her life leave her once again? How could she witness that? It’s harsh. She covered it up with spiteful words. 

I did not blame her. Expected. Rightfully so, maybe.

After the last scene, I cringed and went back to this scene one more time. I thought, Ah, if ever Yeon Seo recall these words again she will regret it. It’s heartbreaking. 

How hurt Yeon Seo will be when she finds out that in fact, she is the one who left him first. He was the one who was left alone. Probably died. Imagine, the anguish, the pain. 

ezgif-1-3352985bbf16.gif

How sad and unfortunate two people can get?

ezgif-1-65bad74b4688.gif

Even after this, if they end up sacrificing ... I don’t know yet in which sense exactly ... wouldn’t that be the most selfless, purest love? That even The Almighty wouldn’t be able to deny?

In my opinion, that indeed is the most beautiful thing about their love and relationship.

Archived