Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

Sorry I'm posting consecutively and I know I'm not supposed to but why did I just have this thought that what if somehow JKW was responsible for Angel Dan's death as a child? Is this a possibility or am I just thinking nonsensically (is that even a word?) because it's late here and I'm tired? :o:huh:

Anything is possible. 

Some people’s perception of the scenes are so different that sometimes I wonder if we are watching the same show! 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

On a serious note. Other than the kitchen scene, am I the only one who is curious to know about this scene as well? 

ezgif-1-e79174191ee1.gif

I hope it’s not a pondering scene where Dan is worried about YS. In fact, I want to see something like how he starts seeing Yeon Seo in a new light after his realization hitting him in the last episode. 

Am I reading it wrong, but his expression seems too serious in a good way.  I’m dying to see a parallel scene like this from Kim Dan’s perspective. 

ezgif-1-88ad3c2582f3.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

An angel with a gun...I was a bit startled too, especially since I hardly ever see guns in kdramas in the first place hah. I still haven't watched with subs (hopefully tomorrow morning I have time)...was the black dressed angel holding the gun because he is the "more evil" angel or something? Ahh it's very difficult for me to even think of an angel as being evil though. I suppose I have a very naive childlike view of angels. This show is opening my eyes! 

Sorry I'm posting consecutively and I know I'm not supposed to but why did I just have this thought that what if somehow JKW was responsible for Angel Dan's death as a child? Is this a possibility or am I just thinking nonsensically (is that even a word?) because it's late here and I'm tired? :o:huh:

I'm wondering about the gun, too and the whole 2 different angels. But we'll see what will be explain to us throughout the drama.

I have a feeling that JKW isn't responsible for Dan's death as a child. Could it be the Hu Sunbae? That's why he ask for give Dan a second chance and he's always worry about Dan, making sure he sticks to his mission. Just a guess.

29 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

On a serious note. Other than the kitchen scene, am I the only one who is curious to know about this scene as well? 

I'm curious of a lot of scenes that's happening next week.

Especially how Dan got out of the water after JKW and him both fell off

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Prediction of the ending; YS and Dan face same fate that matil and director faced. But this time director makes the sacrifice and protects Dan from the shooting so that they don’t suffer the same fate he did. And so he can finally die to join matil.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

im still wondering why the feather on Dans handkerchief was glowing when they kissed and why the feather on KJW handkerchief turned black when he put the ashes of Matil in a buddhist tempel..

Like i do understand that it was some sort of betrayal from KJW part.. and thats why it probably turned balck

but why did KD feather glow up 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

On 6/7/2019 at 3:13 PM, joanie_ha said:

May I ask why is it the worst of all? :hushed:

There's no way i can write a short or calm answer!:tears: :sweatingbullets:

To answer your question,  there are many reasons : the general plot, the characterization of Yeon Seo and her romance with Dan but the most important reason is the direction taken for Kang Woo. He's now my favourite character and the only one who had until now a decent character development, and now based on ep 6 the writer seems to have all intention to ruin it :tears:

Anyway, we've probably entered a bumpy road and things will only get worse, so i should brace myself :(

More to read for those who are brave enough. 

Keep in mind it's a rant in tone, though the most offensive parts will be under spoilers tags.   

On the general plot of ep 6:

she burned everything to the ground. I mean the writer.

She left nothing of the careful edifice built during the 6 first hours of the drama. That's senseless and crazy:blink:

She asked us to get invested and believe (and boy was it hard to root for Yeon Seo, i had to gather all my love for Shin Hye Sun) in the risky, ambitious new challenges that Kang Woo offered to Yeon Seo,  to stress over the physical pain and the efforts that Yeon Seo put in recovering her dance skills, to keep hope that she will become a better person in the process, to trust Dan to forget his growing attraction and act in her best interest by giving all the emotional support Yeon Seo needed, to just have faith that this trio/team who had a good dynamic/energy could win. 

It wasn't going to be in any way the final victory, but after all that the main leads had to suffer (especially Kang Woo and Yeon Seo, we don't know yet for Dan's past), they deserved at least one victory:  Yeon Seo's return to Fantasia would have perfectly symbolized this achievement! 

What happened instead, 

• The sponsors and investors ran away from Fantasia  more quickly than rats fleeing a sinking ship and abandoned completely  the project to create a new ballet. 
  • The reputation of the company and the dancers was ruined.        
  • The dancers are on strike.
  • The family division was exposed publicly:  everyone is seen either as  incompetent (Ni Na's family) or dangerous (Yeon Seon).  
  • Everyone is convinced that Yeon So is medically insane and her aunt is threatening to lock against her will in a psych ward and she has all the evidences to do it.
  • In the middle of this chaos: Yeon Seo managed to decide that her priority  is not her career or her parents company, but to pressure  Dan to confess his love for her though he already said no.
  • Dan equally brilliant proposition was to give up everything and  dance only for him as if they were  the only two persons in the world to matter, so to ignore everything as if he won't be in few weeks either dust or in the celestial world with no return tickets. 
  • And the worst of all, Kang Woo gave up his brain: his current mood is "but really and truly, f**** off" to everyone. To the sponsors that it took him 10 years to convince that he was competent enough to take charge and direct a ballet company of this reputation, to the dancers  with who he had an amazing chemistry:  as hard as he was on them, they clearly wanted to trust him and try their best with him. All to swear  the most ridiculous oath of loyalty to a girl (Yeon Seo) who threw her money at his face (while she knew he saved her life) and never apologized, a girl convinced that she's the one who ruined all evidences by mixing medicine and alcohol but never took her phone to say a kind word though she witnessed his tears on the beach when she danced in front of him, and listened to his heartful speech about the meaning of this new project for him.     

No writer with self respect would make a mess like that of the story that she took hours to think, envision and make alive and that she presented to the public with a  request to have faith in her and the cast and crew, to deliver.

She has no shame.

On Yeon Seo, spoilers tags are an obligation: i have nothing positive to say about her:

Spoiler

If it wasn't for SHS, i would have never put up with such an insufferable character, but even her talent can't cover this: we are at ep 6 and  

• Her immaturity and cowardice have reached a new degree. The situation is as global disaster for everyone involved but all her thoughts are about herself: her only fear was that the others dancers would hate her now, however she didn't consider going to see them  to apologize. Kang Woo took all the blame and had to answer to the sponsors while he was for nothing in this mess but she didn't show him any support.
  • Instead she went to hide her humiliation in more alcohol and in Dan's arms (and back), while still whining about his lack of love, though that's precisely what caused her to buy medicine in the first place. 
  • Her supposed love for Dan revealed even more flaws in her character:  she's clingy to a sick degree, possessive, jealous, hysterical when she doesn't get what she wants to the point she needs medicine to stay in touch with reality. 
  • The delusions that she entertains about herself are truly something else: like the fact she dared to pretend that before Dan she wasn't used to rely on people:blink: as if she didn't live all her life sheltered and with houseworkers  doing  everything for her without having to put any efforts, except for the ballet (but she stopped it  3 years ago)!:o

Except for her dancing skills and her pretty face, there's nothing to like about her. Actually that's the only reasons given by Dan to explain his attraction. That says everything about their relationship

On her romance with Dan  

Spoiler

The relationship never made sense but it became even more chaotic after he was forced to deny his feelings. 

I mean this is a boy who was caught red handed lying and leading her on,  and when he confessed his mistakes and tried to be honest, she lost it completely:blink: 

She talked to him in a such humiliating way like he was a disgusting thing who should never be allowed to approach her or have any thoughts about her, literally it reversed my feelings and i felt pity for him :tears:

At least, she should have admitted that he was not ambiguous anymore, but having a mind who doesn't fear contradictions,  she prefered to act like his love is something to which she's entitled and that she's been unfairly denied. :huh:

Most of the time she shouts at him for rejecting her, but sometimes she's desperate enough to almost beg him to love her ("why can't you like me? and in the preview for next week she becomes forceful: "i'll make you like me" ).

In which world is this love? :huh:

It's even more messy if you consider that he's working for her: If we reverse the genres, the objectification becomes very uncomfortable especially in the scene where she used his body to dance.:wacko: 

The writer clearly has no clue about how to write romance: it's all about the fake sexual tension (even in the preview when he carries her in the kitchen), but they never shared a meal together, she knows nothing about him and shows no curiosity  about his past (how was his life before? Who are his friends?), his  tastes (what he enjoys to drink at night),  she never prepared anything for him: not even a cup of tea etc.. I won't make a list of all the things that he has done for her: there's so many things  that sometimes he looks like a motherly figure more than a potential boyfriend. They remind me of Ni Na's parents, they seriously have the same vibe:  dominant women with victim men.   

I don't know if it's possible to fix this mess:  i mean how to shake the first impression?

I need a major twist to root for them again. Though it should be possible since i don't ship them with anyone else.   

On Kang Woo

I must admit i'm greedy when it comes to him: the writer gave him an arc so powerful that he seems like a parallel main lead.

LDG did the rest: his charisma, his excellent chemistry with SHS and KBM, his natural and strong dynamic energy with younger co star (KMS or the ballet company) and older actors made him quite credible and solid in this role.

I want more of it, i want him to stay central to the story and to be involved in a dynamic way with the  two other leads like he did until now, but there's two things that i absolutely don't want that the last two episodes did:

• to link him romantically with Yeon Seo
  • to merge his storyline with Dan

I won't use spoilers tags so be cautious:

Yeon Seo is toxic. Doppelganger or not, she's nothing like Mathilde for all the reasons i already mentioned. I don't want her near Kang Woo, except for playing her part of prima ballerina in the ballet that he wants to do as a way to make his promise to Mathilde.

For everything romantic, only Dan can  handle Yeon Seo and her personality,  and it definitively should stay this way!

Kang Woo himself has enough on his plate:

• He already has a true love, Mathilde  that he has a hard time to forget to the point it's becoming an obsession. It's a trap for him and he needs as Dan said to replace this love by another new love. 
  • If he finds a way to move on, then the perfect woman for him is Ni Na. She's kind and balanced. She's stunning (more than Yeon Seo, though not more than Mathilde, but that's the power of SHS who can be more or less attractive on demand), she's talented the perfect prima ballerina: technically superior (KBM can not be beaten on this front) and as passionate as Kang Woo about dance, and she's above all  sincerely in love with him. 

However, the odds  that it could happen after ep 5 and 6 are desperately low:tears:

• He crushed badly Ni Na's feelings:  first when she confessed, and after when he stupidly took Yeon Seo's side againt the ballet company. Few of his most cruel lines were specifically directed to her, notably when he described what her dance did to him (but it was a big lie, his body was electrified during Ni Na's  rehearsal when she danced in harmony with her partner). He wasn't so arrogant before and it felt a betrayal, that she shouldn't forget easily.   
  • I was fooled by  the beauty of his dance scenes with Mathilde: since he saw her and not Yeon Seo on the beach, since he hugged Mathilde and not Yeon Seo, i thought he wasn't falling for her. But actually it meant that the two women have merged in his head. :cry:
  • But then ep6 happened and it keeps piling up: he was in awe when Yeon Seo appeared in her white dress, he was worried all the evening and didn't want to leave her alone, protected her few times from the japanese pervert sponsor and from he crazy aunt  

I hate the idea of this couple so much: it makes me want to cry. The writer is ruining him here.:tears:

The only interest is to see how it will force Kang Woo to interact more with Dan, who is an obstacle  and how both men's relationship could become more personal through their opposition.   

With Dan, things has even more complicated.

Kang Woo's subplot has progressively  converged through the flashbacks with Dan's story to the point that they are pretty much one:  they are both troublemaker angels, trapped in human bodies punished for falling in love with two ballerinas who look exactly the same.

Just like Ni Na who last episode cried that she didn't want to go back to be Yeon Seo's shadow and even wished to become Yeon Seo, Kang Woo has slowly become the shadow of Dan, more likely now a dark version of him with the last development where his character got his dreams once again badly crushed and became violent.

The character has reached the bottom; his conversation with Hu about what he really wants proved that he has developped a nihilistic view of life, he doesn't believe in anything: not redemption, not paradise (for Mathilde), not love or any similar positive emotions, and certainly not in happiness.

With this mood, he's not in any capacity to see that his promise to Mathilde, the only thing that was still keeping him from becoming insane and gave him a reason to  live during 10 years, the thing he cherished for so long has turned  destructive for him because of the frustration to not be able to reach his goal, and makes him in the process dangerous. He can't accept it and so refuses to give up on making Yeon Seo dance again. 

I don't blame him for this reaction: it's a very human way to react and i like the idea that he's turning more human.  

I just wish (but don't trust) the writer will treat this seriously: 

• to remember that Kang Woo's individual path was introduced to us with a fundamental question: is he a good or a bad man? I don't want the question to be already answered at this stage. Even if he turns evil, there's place for him to doubt the path he took and to regret it.   
  • That implies to not write him in a black/white approach when in it comes to depict  the duality between Dan and him: there's nuance and degrees of bad and good and i want him to explore them. 
  • If the writer decides to conclude his arc by his destruction without redemption (the worst possible scenario), i hope she will make it his choice, not motivated by Yeon Seo in any way but by what he has become. I'd rather have it be the confirmation of his desire to die as depressing it could be, than just his defeat as an ordinary villain. 

Also only two scenes were really worth to watch in ep 6 (which means 15 min on a total of 60 minutes!)

• the spectacular revelation of Mathilde's tragic death and the story of the dark and very depressing path taken by Kang's Woo since his lost his true love.  At first, i wasn't certain that the PD did the right choice when he went for one long sequence from their marriage in the church to his differents attempts to kill himself,  instead of cutting it in different pieces, but actually it worked very well. He didn't try to make the gun shot suspenseful and kept all the attention on the characters emotions. LDG and SHS's chemistry was sizzling, and their performance perfectly in harmony. Time was suspensed  and their characters felt like the real leads of the drama (if only it was true :tears:).   
  • Yeon Seo spectacular spiral into madness during  the Fantasia event was shockingly good. SHS's performance elevated everything. It was overracting in the most brilliant way and  it worked perfectly: it was painful to watch and cringe worthy as it should. It was directing and acting as art, on a truly another level.    

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

love the way she told him , It’s You  twice 

The heaviness, love & longing it’s all there , the scene completely captivated me :wub:

5cfbc0babfb49282130352.gif?download

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm dreading this weekend to come... I mean it's the weekend but ALML is my life right now! :(:lol:

*Ottoke...* 

22f29b75-5db7-41c0-bad1-e5b327455c0e-ori

Something interesting also came to my mind when I watched the death scene of Matil again. I think she saw something or someone since she couldn't see the Angels to save JKW. Or someone must've lifted, dragged, or pushed her in front of JKW. I don't think the black angel shot her but who knows. Maybe I'm just overthinking but something doesn't look or feel right. :wacko:

e1cf512c-7c66-4980-b694-e2afa1cc9e25-ori

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3

Posted (edited)

hi! new one here.

2 hours ago, Liting1 said:

I'm dreading this weekend to come... I mean it's the weekend but ALML is my life right now! :(:lol:

*Ottoke...* 

Something interesting also came to my mind when I watched the death scene of Matil again. I think she saw something or someone since she couldn't see the Angels to save JKW. Or someone must've lifted, dragged, or pushed her in front of JKW. I don't think the black angel shot her but who knows. Maybe I'm just overthinking but something doesn't look or feel right. :wacko:

i did think of this too! the fact that mathilde couldn't actually see anything, so obviously she didn't know that he was about to receive his punishment whatsoever. the scene turned to black when the gun was shot, but it didn't show us whether she took the shot or the angels purposely teleported mathilde in front of jkw and shot her in front of him. don't you think it's his punishment? to lose his lover? i kinda think that that would be his punishment instead of disspating into dust because he hadn't done his mission properly, get married with his lover while at the same time abandoning his responsibility and status as an angel like the deity had given to him? so that he can focus more on his responsibility?

plus, i think he wanted to make ys the chairwoman of fantasia to complete his mission? no wonder he sounded pretty desperate and threatened and asked kd to why kd made ys to leave ballet behind (idk the words that would explain his reason best but that's all i could get)

also, i have a question. don't angels dissipate to dust if they break a rule or do not complete their mission? why did the angels pointed a gun towards jkw instead?

oh, and an observation. when both kd and jkw drowned into the water, the scene proceeded to show that jkw was no longer in the water with kd. isn't that fishy?

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 8
  • Insightful 3

16 hours ago, titania1000 said:

What happened instead, 

Actually l would think there is no "what should happen instead" in a drama. This is what you want to see but it's never a must to expect the writer to write what you want to see and what you think should happen. The drama is based on the writer's own block of imagination and the story she created. 

All to swear  the most ridiculous oath of loyalty to a girl (Yeon Seo) who threw her money at his face (while she knew he saved her life) and never apologized, a girl convinced that she's the one who ruined all evidences by mixing medicine and alcohol but never took her phone to say a kind word though she witnessed his tears on the beach when she danced in front of him, and listened to his heartful speech about the meaning of this new project for him.

I don't see anything wrong in YS doing that to JKW. He was a stranger who suddenly appeared like a overzealous stalker and tells her he likes her so much. She doesn't get his tears, why would she know what his tears mean when he's crying for Malti. His tears as well as his "heartful speech" speaks no meaning for YS too because all that was in her mind was regaining her ballet skills, she have absolutely no interest in this man or this project that she never wanted to do but that he kept going to her to persuade her to do it. Simply put, he is just a ballet director to her and that's it. Why would she care about someone like him? He didn't save her life. Dan did. He only held her hand and at most called the ambulance. :lol:

If it wasn't for SHS, i would have never put up with such an insufferable character, but even her talent can't cover this: we are at ep 6 and  

• Her immaturity and cowardice have.......

Except for her dancing skills and her pretty face, there's nothing to like about her. 

She is a rude icy rich self centred princess who everyone around her can't stand and is afraid of. But beneath that are layers of hurt she suffered from her loved ones leaving her and the self defence she build up to block people around her and to block her from appreciating others concern and love for her (until Dan comes supposedly to make her break her defences to love again). I'm sad you couldn't see that weak side behind her rude and conceited front. This speaks so much of SHS's acting that I could see (perhaps I'm biased but YS is nothing like just a pretty face and dancing skills like you said) but you couldn't, sadly. Your words suggest so much hate on YS. I can't help but to speak up for YS and SHS. :D

She talked to him in a such humiliating way like he was a disgusting thing who should never be allowed to approach her or

Actually she talked to everyone in the same rude way, even to Mr Jo. :lol:

Yeon Seo is toxic. Doppelganger or not, she's nothing like Mathilde for all the reasons i already mentioned

She's nothing like Malti because she is YS not Malti.

but there's two things that i absolutely don't want that the last two episodes did:

• to link him romantically with Yeon Seo

I think a lot of us don't want to link him romantically to YS too :P

I don't blame him for this reaction: it's a very human way to react and i like the idea that he's turning more human.  

Hehe chingu you are being biased here probably like I'm to YS.

He's a selfish person to force his own dreams of Malti onto a totally different person YS who has absolutely no love for him, or should I say have nothing to do with him in all sense. We can't blame YS for not reprocicating him because he is NOTHING to her but just someone in Fantasia who comes persuading her to dance again. He's downright selfish... he is annoyed to see Dan around her but he forgets she's not Malti. He's selfish when he demands Dan to address her as agasshi instead of by her name. Who does he think he is to interfere in how Dan and YS call each other? She's not his Malti.

The relationship never made sense but it became even more chaotic after he was forced to deny his feelings. 

I disagree that their relationship never made sense. Dan was here as a replacement to Mr Jo to do the things she always did with Mr Jo but couldn't after suffering from PTSD. He spent time with her and was by her side all the time helping her to walk and believe again. Through the things they went through together it's not impossible that they develop feelings. They don't have to share a meal to make sense to a relationship or for that kitchen scene. He gave her courage to walk on her own again and she acknowledged that after the press con when she thanked Dan. That was the first time in the drama she actually thanked someone sincerely. He broke her defences. To make her feel and love again.

Because this is a fantasy drama, the two already have a connection through their childhood and when she was in the park Dan was surprised she could hear and touch him. And as one of us mentioned the handkerchief glowed when they kissed. We don't know what is their back story yet so we'll wait and see. 

Why their relationship never make sense to you, I really don't know why. But to me, it does and it is logical.

If he finds a way to move on, then the perfect woman for him is Ni Na. She's kind and balanced. She's stunning (more than Yeon Seo, though not more than Mathilde, but that's the power of SHS who can be more or less attractive on demand), she's talented the perfect prima ballerina: technically superior (KBM can not be beaten on this front) and as passionate as Kang Woo about dance, and she's above all  sincerely in love with him. 

Yes please be with Nina. I ship them too :P

In the eye of the beholder, YS is more stunning than Nina... to me :lol:

I guess I'm one who watch dramas very superficially. I don't care to analyse. I don't care about bad writing as long as it don't get too ridiculous. I don't care about what should be right or what shouldn't be. I only care about the story of Dan and YS.  I like the leads. I like their dynamics. I like their chemistry. I like their acting. I like the OSTs :lol:. I like the drama because I'm enjoying it as it is without stressing my head off on the theories or writing or directing; and is looking forward to new episodes every week. That's as simple a reason why I'm enjoying the drama. Because of the totally believable relationship of YS and Dan.

I totally respect your views chingu but feel compelled to voice out mine too. Many may find me bias towards SHS but I dare to say I'm not blindly bias. I know how to differentiate good and bad in a fair way and I don't think my reply sounds any bias but is instead based on what I get from the drama so far. Continue to voice out what you think and I know you will :)

• Like 5
  • Love 12
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, soesje said:

im still wondering why the feather on Dans handkerchief was glowing when they kissed and why the feather on KJW handkerchief turned black when he put the ashes of Matil in a buddhist tempel..

Like i do understand that it was some sort of betrayal from KJW part.. and thats why it probably turned balck

but why did KD feather glow up 

OK, here's my theory. I'm sure I will get ripped for it, but here it goes:

Angel Dan's mission was to have YS love again. Sunbae Angel did not specify that the person YS was supposed to love was JKW. I think Dan (inexperienced with humans) assumed that. Perhaps Dan's mission is to BE the person YS loves. That's why the feather glows when they kissed....because he's on the right track. 

When JKW puts the ashes of Matil in the Buddhist temple, I think that the feather turns black for a couple of reasons. First of all, her ashes are in a place where there are idols....just like he made her his idol and put her above his relationship with God. It symbolizes the blackness of his heart and soul--because the next scene IIRC, was that JKW tried to hang himself. And then overdose on pills. He is doomed to be alive and endlessly grieves Matil's death; a sentence of Hell in itself.

Dan also is a rookie angel because he feels he can't say he likes YS. He doesn't want to do what JKW did and put his love for YS above his love for God. However, the scripture says that a man should love his wife like Christ loved the church. By loving YS, and (hopefully for us viewers) marrying her, he fulfills his mission and keeps his relationship with God. 

I agree with @briseis. It's been a long time since I've seen such a cracktastic drama, with so much to ponder. The writing is amazing and the beautiful cinematography adds to the magical feeling.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 3

kTm3SeS.jpg

Yes, I felt that way too.

I may not know anything much, but I was touched and cried by this drama.

And that's enough for me to love watching it.

Good night.

:relaxed::love::kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 8