Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Maybe

if you committ suicide, that is the biggest sin and hence you deserve the worst punishment

So, your mission is to fall in love. And the day you fall in love, if protecting that love requires you to give up everything and turn to dust (destroy yourself, go through immense pain for eternity).. guess what you are going to sacrifice yourself..

the heaven you were waiting for will be meaningless

to leave your love behind and go away from her life is painful

and you basically die a painful death because that is just what you must do!

So, your punishment of committing suicide.. fall in love.. and fall in love with the girl you have always admired.. who is your prettiest memory (whether you remember or not)

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Then what about the YS lookalike that hung herself? Why isn’t she an angel now too on a mission to fall in love? (But I see your point, because in childhood flashbacks it seems Dan had committed suicide as. Kid and jumped in the water..unless he was murdered cause he also looks like he had been an abused kid back then.)

Good grief, talk about depressing y'all :o

I have a different perspective on suicide as a sin, however I'll just say *if* Dan committed suicide as a child, he was a child and I definitely don't think he deserves the wrath of God. If this ends up being the whole message of the show, I'll probably lose it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)

SHS actually twirled! Love it! They're so cute together!!! 

7 hours ago, immorethant said:

Our angel’s step.

Dancing on the cloud.

(Trying every way to please SHS :P)

Oh, L. Why must you be so adorable?! :love:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I know I'm greedy but i still want to see the fight scene bts so badly :D

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

@immorethant

I might be right with them dancing together at the end or something! I'm so anxious to see it! :blush:

Another day of work and I just can't stop focusing on my OTP while working. :confounded:

ec0d6728-45ee-4f20-9139-9e755fd211e5-ori

Anyways, continue to spoil me for today's episode everyone! Thanks and sending out love/appreciation to this forum. :kiss_wink:

56441d0f-e8d3-46d8-af41-c0eddd1ed67f-ori

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Loving these raw feeling between them 

675CD0FD-D26D-45F8-AA87-A4B97B37957C.gif

Spoiler

1559A219-93E8-440F-8309-4A1F4D49FCDE.gif

80F4650D-EA0D-4A59-9D1D-5EB7350AF216.gif

93C0632D-EF1B-46FD-9A72-8FD75281A5EB.gif

* poor thing :cry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

@immorethant

I might be right with them dancing together at the end or something! I'm so anxious to see it! :blush:

Me too, I want the end of this drama to have Dan and Yeon-Seo dancing together at the beach. 

23 minutes ago, butchixanhdotcom said:

Thank you so much @butchixanhdotcom  :kiss_wink:  . 

Let me introduce JKW's girl,  Matil (and her steps).  :relaxed: :tounge_wink:

olQ9pcf.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Looked at ep.9-10.
Drama scared me. We have already shown the battered boy several times. Now I am afraid that domestic violence will be shown to us ... I cannot watch this, so I run away from the drama until this happens.:tears:
But I will read the topic ... If the drama does not show scenes of domestic violence, then I will return after its completion and watch.
Especially since I like everything here! There is such a thin, dramatic, touching and lyrical story that makes the heart worry.
And yes, the final shot is real art. Yeon Seo's dance and Dan's gaze fascinated me.:wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Are we up for another surprise ending?

What could be the ending tonight?

P/S: ALML Shin Hye-sun is trending no 1 on Naver now.:)

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

if you committ suicide, that is the biggest sin and hence you deserve the worst punishment

What I was taught in church and parochial school was that suicide was unforgiveable because it was the final and complete turning away from God without giving Him a chance to forgive you.  It wasn't that God wouldn't forgive but that the person didn't allow Him to give grace at the final moment when it was most needed.

.....and back on topic but on a very different subject:  not sure if anyone has mentioned this but SHS looks very, very slender.  She looks great and it's appropriate for the role as a ballerina but I wondered if she had to lose weight for this role because she looks so different from when she was in 30 But 17.  SHS is really capturing the graceful ballerina moves, too--she must have practiced so hard for this role!  Really admirable dedication to her acting craft.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who is sharing pics, gifs, vids and all kind of arts: this thread is a feast for the eyes!:w00t:

I totally agree with @meechuttso Ep 5 was so good! The best so far!  :w00t:

I came for Kang Woo and Mathilde and was frustrated because of their lack of screen time but rewarded by the quality of the cinematography : their dance was  such a soothing and romantic scene! :heart:

I can't stop watching those gifs :wub:

giphy.gif

Credit: ij93216

giphy.gif

Credit: ij93216

And the vid is so dreamy: i love the piggyback:heart: 

I'm dead: my brain has freezed!  

SHS is the definition of perfection here! :w00t:

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Let me introduce JKW's girl,  Matil (and her steps).  :relaxed: :tounge_wink:

:scream:

I totally forgot about this magnificent photoshoot in California! 

I think it's from last year before the announcement of her casting in ALML? Could she have known at time that she was going to play a korean ballerina raised in America?

Anyway, it's a nice  connection to ALML! 

Few plot questions  that crossed my mind:

• How does it come that the angels can't spot each other? Why can't Dan recognize Kang Woo? Is it due to his memory loss?
  • Because i'm pretty sure that Kang Woo is hiding a lot and that the editing is leading us on: i wouldn't be surprised if he knows exactly what Dan is and is manipulating him in collaborating with him in his grand scheme.
  • Same for the guy who is supposed to mentor Dan: if he knows about Kang Woo's story 15 years ago, why didn't he recognize him when he pointed him to Dan as destiny for Yeon Seo? It seems fishy and i fear that those two might be in cahoots to manipulate Dan in doing the work that they can't realize with Yeon Seo.
  • I was shocked to realize that Dan actually doesn't seem to identify emotions: i first thought that he was just trying to avoid being scolded when he focused on Kang Woo's face but it seems he has really no idea what was going with Yeon Seos' reaction. Whatever happened to his memory: the job has been done meticulously.  As if someone erased his feelings and all knowledge about emotions to be sure that they won't get in the way of his mission. If true, it's clearly Kang Woo's signature. Poor Boy! He was just looking for a bit of love and ended being miserable.
  • How does he come that Dan is angel and a human? I can not understand what is going on how it works...  
  • I was trying to wrap my mind about the timeline of 15 years ago and feel like it doesn't make sense. It's this shady mentor of Dan who said 15 years and i don't trust him for now.
  • The real clues for me are in Kang Woo's quotes: he said to Yeon Seo that he was taking her to the beginning and that he was told that her little self refused to go to dance in Russia and hide but i got the feeling from his tone  that he actually witnessed the scene. So if he was at this beginning of her interest for dance, and considering that he was also at Mathilde's end (her death), i wonder if he's not the one in control of the timeline: meaning there's only one timeline and Mathilde and Yeon Seo are the same person.
  • It could be that she met Dan during her childhood but  he disappears or dies instead of her parents (probably because of Kang Woo's intervention). So she ends up growing with their love, and becomes the happy and bright woman we saw during her scenes with Kang Woo, who for some reason is calling her Mathilde (maybe a character she played as ballerina that he liked a lot). She falls for him since Dan is not in her life, he reveals his secret but she dies. He can't handle it  and  try to change her timeline, except that instead of Dan, it's her parents who die and Dan becomes the only way to reach her again because of their genuine feelings.  Kang Woo erases his memory to make sure that he doesn't fall for her but obviously it doesn't work and the story is on the verge to repeat itself...
  • i should stop speculations: my brain is on fire. 

I'm ruining my own otp with this speculation, but it's ok as long as Kang Woo can be reedemed and happy with Ni Na.

Please, dramagods give them a shot at being reedemed even if he's the big bad guy that he assumed to be!         

6 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Welcome to this room @philosophie

. I think Malti did not commit suicide, she was shot.

. YS  stage accident is obviously not just an accident. Like I've said before, my feel tells me it could be Runa.

. Dan is a naive angel. He thinks everyone is nice just because they appear nice and mean because they appear to. I can't stand it when he says Nina is so nice. Oh well probably she's really being nice but i can't stand her nicey nicey attitude when she's got a whole fake family aiming to harm YS in any way they can. Dan still needs to grow some sense and differentiate who's pretending to be nice and who's really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing this growth in him.

. What's really heaven's plans for Dan is still a question mark. Let's wait and see.

. YS or SHS. Yes love her so much too. I can't keep repeating myself how much of a gem she is. She is what I'm here for. :)

Their friendship looks so cute to me: i loved when they hide from Yeon Seo because they feared her anger and personality!:lol: 

I feel frustrated that all their scenes since then have happened off screen. She really needs someone who can care about her and have her best interest at heart in a platonic way, without taking anything from her.       

She's a cutie pie:  a true one  so far. A real victim  of her family too/ as much as Yeon Seo, but in a different way. Her bulimia and efforts are ignored. She tried to reach few times Yeon Seo because she's in the need of a  unnie who could be an example for her, and her sister is not doing the job despite her pretense but she failed because Yeon Seo is too closed off. Hopefully, she will change her mind under Dan's influence.      

4 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Indeed like a pro. This looks so much better than the drama scene. It's such a joy watching them dance like this. They mesh so well together in this dance!

Now she can dance at this standard. So so proud of her. 

So KMS is a professional dancer too? I thought he was a singer (and a model)?:huh: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Okie I just watched with subs. I jotted down a couple notes. I think some of it has already been mentioned but I'll mention again...

JKW...as much as I don't like the annoying brat...I still want to know more about his backstory. I'm afraid if we don't find the differences between him and Angel Dan, Angel Dan and YS are doomed to the same fate, and I cannot accept that.

One obvious difference is we know that Dan was once human. We have no indication that the same goes for JKW. Even though Angel Hu (Dan's superior) has warned him of the consequences for liking a human, perhaps the rules really do change because Dan was once human. I dunno, just something to consider.

Second thing I noticed...how come JKW didn't turn to dust for declaring his love for Matil? So I started to wonder, maybe after he declared his love to her, God accepted it, and all was okay for the moment. But perhaps after that, JKW slowly became obsessed over the ballet stuffs. He came to stop loving Matil purely and only care about her as a dancer. And that's when things went awry? But still then, why was Matil punished, when it seems the rules are clear that it is the angel who will be turned to dust. Hmmm. I also bring this up because it sure seems to me that JKW is more obsessed with the ballet than anything right now. At the beginning of the episode, when he returned home and Matil's photo was on that large screen, he said something along the lines of "I just have to get you on stage. Then my life will be complete" or something weird like that. Basically implying that Matil's only purpose for him was as a dancer. Let's just say, his love with Matil doesn't seem as pure as Dan's love for YS, at least not after all this time has passed.

Hmmmm. Well just some thoughts to ponder. I'm reaching here for reassurance that neither Dan nor YS will not be punished and/or turned to dust for loving each other. If this happens, I will be very devastated. I'm not super religious so I'm gonna find it hard to get on board with any strict religious messages the show sends. I am much more a fan of just plain true love. 

Anyways, does anyone know the song that was played during the flashback scene of JKW and Matil dancing under the sunset? What a beautiful scene and a beautiful song. The song carried over to the flashback of his love declaration in the church, too, I believe. I don't think it's part of the OST though. It had English lyrics from what I heard.

Everyone excited for today's episode?? I am!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

40 minutes ago, thistle said:

What I was taught in church and parochial school was that suicide was unforgiveable because it was the final and complete turning away from God without giving Him a chance to forgive you.  It wasn't that God wouldn't forgive but that the person didn't allow Him to give grace at the final moment when it was most needed.

.....and back on topic but on a very different subject:  not sure if anyone has mentioned this but SHS looks very, very slender.  She looks great and it's appropriate for the role as a ballerina but I wondered if she had to lose weight for this role because she looks so different from when she was in 30 But 17.  SHS is really capturing the graceful ballerina moves, too--she must have practiced so hard for this role!  Really admirable dedication to her acting craft.

She indeed lost too much weight to look the part but it's nothing to worry about: it's not her nature to stress too much about her appearance. It's only dedication to the role and she will go back after the drama to a more balanced weight, but probably more progressively than her loss of weight was.

I'm enjoying twice her dedication: because  she put her heart and talent in capturing the right moves and it shows on screen but also because the story of her hard apprenticeship of ballet meets her character's story who works hard to get back on a top level. :w00t:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I wonder if JKW was angel of art and Dan is angel of animal.

How about ms. Jung ?  

Photo of tonight Yeon Seo’s best bodyguard

WN36VqX.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

It's this shady mentor of Dan who said 15 years and i don't trust him for now.

Omg chingu you scared me once again! Never once did I though of his mentor this way :scream:

14 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

So KMS is a professional dancer too? I thought he was a singer (and a model)?

I don't know... I only know he's a kpop idol:lol:. But that dance was done so nicely between them.

10 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Everyone excited for today's episode?? I am!! 

I AM TOO!!! 20mins more!!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

@titania1000 You really got me thinking about Angel Hu now...if he is in cahoots with JKW, then all the "rules" he's told to Dan get thrown out the window! Or should I say thrown out of the sky...ya know...since they're angels. Yeah, ignore my sad excuse at humor...

• LOL 6