[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, lolly84 said:

Sub eng of bts is ouT

It's soo cute!!! :love:

I laughed soo hard when they couldn't get the photo booth to work. Their characters didn't know how to work it and in reality, they don't either. Lol. :lol:

Can't wait for tomorrow's episodes, but at the same time I don't want it to come, because it will be ending.

10 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

It's soo cute!!! :love:

I laughed soo hard when they couldn't get the photo booth to work. Their characters didn't know how to work it and in reality, they don't either. Lol. :lol:

Can't wait for tomorrow's episodes, but at the same time I don't want it to come, because it will be ending.

I just can't get enough of their chemistry... They's so cuteeeee.:wub: I surely rewatch the episodes from the start next week... What have you done to me Hye Sun and MS?:rolleyes:

Hi y'all! Been a few days since I've been here! Hope everyone is doing ok, knowing it's the finale of ALML this week! It's been such an emotional journey and I've enjoyed it! Will miss everyone here and everything! :wub::tears:

Me everytime Chai sings "It's alright, it's alright"...

Xp9SLmS.gif

*Honestly, I'm not alright because I wanted to see more episodes of our DanYeon couple!* :tears:

BTW, WHAT NEW ASIAN DRAMAS ARE Y'ALL PLANNING TO WATCH AFTER ALML?! 

I'm planning to watch "Hotel Del Luna" with IU and Yeo Jin Goo! Set to premiere July 13th! A day after ALML finale. I will move from here to that thread after. :D

MergPyr.gif

*IU is really serving elegant looks in this drama. We will get to see a new side of her role here! Can't wait!* :wub:

An Angel with a Human Heart: All for the Love of Lee Yeon Seo

“I’m already a degenerate angel.” 

I titled two of the first posts I ever wrote about ALML ‘The Fallen Angel’ and ‘The Rebellious Angel’. I tried to predict in them where this show will take Dan as a character and, damn, it even exceeded my own expectations. The naive and carefree angel we met in the beginning and who called humans foolish and berated JKW for his messy emotions is long dead now - his innocence and naivité lost as he’s transformed into a complex, grown-up, tormented young man who is determined to protect the person he loves the most at all costs and who no longer sees the world only in black and white - it’s full of shades of grey, but also all the colors of a rainbow, just like he is. Ru Na once told Dan that good and evil wasn’t so black and white and the man Dan has become knows it better than anyone else because his life is now messed up and complicated. And so, Dan’s transformation is complete. He’s always had a rebellious streak and something darker and tormented brewing underneath his bright smile; however, as Dan himself admits he is well and truly fallen now. Somewhere along the way, he gradually went and broke every rule in the book and right now, he is in an open rebellion against the deity.

mpfrgCU.jpg

“Yeon Seo. You’re my first for everything. When I was a human, an angel, and even now, all I have is you. I wanted to live because of you. I wanted to become a human so badly because of you…” 

He fell in love with a human to a point where he revers her like a goddess, calls her name like a prayer and all his confessions belong only to her. His love for Yeon Seo is such an unconditional neverending love that he himself admits to her and the deity that she is his everything, his beginning and his end, the source of his happiness, the reason he is living and the center of his universe. He kissed her, yearned for her, had premarital sex with her and even married her in spite of the deity and all his laws.

“Yes, you’re useless. You can’t drive. You can’t play judo.” 

Furthermore, he wants to become a human for her and while Dan might not be a real human, he possesses a human heart. He doesn’t hesitate to scheme, use underhanded tactics and threaten anyone if it means protecting his lover. He learned to drive for YS because he doesn’t trust anyone else to drive her; he learned to fight so he could protect her and because he didn’t want her to see him as useless and because he wanted to give her everything and couldn’t deny her anything.

mpnL4Sy.jpg

“Is it her destiny to die? No, I cannot accept that. Even if it’s a prophecy that’ll come true, I’ll change it. I won’t let You have Your way. I’ll do it my way.” 

Oh, and fight he does - against the deity, the fate, the death itself, archangels, JKW, her family and everyone threatening to harm her - he fights for Lee Yeon Seo. Virtually the whole world and the Heaven above is against them, and each day there is a new seemingly insurmountable obstacle of their love, but that only makes Dan more determined to fight this hopeless battle harder and soldier on like a trooper. He is ready to sacrifice his very soul and kill RN, all for the love of Lee Yeon Seo. Even the cynical JKW, who despises the deity, is aghast and horrified at the lengths Dan is prepared to go in order to protect her. On a side note, Dan as a defiant, fallen angel throwing the reports at the altar, right into the deity’s face, without giving a damn, is the awesomest thing that has ever awesomed and probably the closest thing to a mic drop an angel can do.

nGxD6t6.jpg

I love how gradual Dan’s transformation has been and also the many breaking points which pushed him further and further into the fiery pit -witnessing the old couple’s fate, learning that YS’s family are vipers, learning about his own past, YS’s doom,… - each time he snapped and something inside him twisted, died and was remade. 

The fountain kiss was a letdown for me because it didn’t deepen the intimacy between Dan and Yeon Seo. On the other hand, I adored the first kiss as it was a beautiful and fitting first kiss for an angel who only started to learn about physical love and the second kiss combined with Dan’s confession of love was a natural and poignant follow-up. However, their kiss in the rain made me finally realize why the fountain kiss felt so stilted and why it wasn’t more passionate - DAN WAS HOLDING BACK HIS DESIRE AND HUNGER FOR FOR YEON SEO THE WHOLE TIME. And it was for the same reason why he didn’t want to marry her in the first place, fearing he would disappear soon and he didn’t want to take from YS something so important as a wedding or first lovemaking. He knew that if he couldn’t control himself he would end up making love to her which is exactly what happens after he literally devours her in the rain. 

mv9ryLT.jpg

You can pinpoint the exact moment when the sheer disbelief disappears from his eyes and Dan realizes that despite everything Yeon Seo is going to be finally his. When he completely loses control and the tight leash on his longing for YS, it’s as if a damn broke and he becomes utterly insatiable, consumed by his love and need for her. There is so much intimacy, urgency and intensity in that kiss and it shows how much Dan and YS are desperate and needy for each other.

pOYah4C.jpg

The bed scene is achingly beautiful and I love it to bits but, at the same time, I have never wished more that kdramas were rated PG-13 in which case we woud get Dan and Yeon Seo stumbling into the bedroom, all wet and needy, tearing the soaked clothes off each other,…

AgQJP0f.jpg

Watch: INFINITE’s L And Shin Hye Sun Are Adorable And Ship-Worthy In Making Video For “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”

Watch: INFINITE’s L And Shin Hye Sun Are Adorable And Ship-Worthy In Making Video For “Angel’s Last Mission: Love”

Jul 10, 2019
by R. Jun

In a new making video for KBS’s “Angel’s Last Mission: Love,” INFINITE’s L and Shin Hye Sun go on a fun date and do all the couple things.

They have a picnic, go bike riding, and hang out by the river, where they enjoy the view and take turns leaning in to kiss each other.

Before the picnic, L says to Shin Hye Sun, “If there’s no one to do it with, do it with me.” Shin Hye Sun looks at the staff and says, “He just proposed to me.” L adds, calling Shin Hye Sun by her character name, “Marry me, Yeon Seo.”

In the final scene, L and Shin Hye Sun struggle with the photo booth. Right off the bat, they both announce, “We screwed up,” and have to ask for more money to take another photo. Eventually, the director comes over to help.

At the end, Shin Hye Sun gestures to L’s face and says, “DiCaprio.” L, embarrassed, says, “Stop it.” When she doesn’t stop, he leans in to put a finger to her lips, but she quickly says, “Kim DanCaprio.”

L just says, laughing, “Be quiet.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1337608wpp/watch-infinites-l-and-shin-hye-sun-are-adorable-and-ship-worthy-in-making-video-for-angels-last-mission-love

Everyone reading on Soompi, please get together on Twitter before the airing of episode! 

If you don’t have an account, please create one for this occasion (Keep Location: Korea) and let’s bid a proper farewell! We spent 8 weeks together, can at least do this! :heart:

It’s been awhile since I’ve watched anything besides OCN. Mainly crime dramas. My sister has been obsessed with ALML and with finale week, super nervous. She’s asked me to watch it with her from day one, but I hesitated until I recently caved and finally caught up. When I first started, I knew I had to keep an open-mind about the religious aspect of the story and accept it for how it was presented to me, but I have to say that I ended up getting totally lost in the writer’s path of the mission, fate and sacrifice. I can't understand where she’s going with it. But it's fine. I can put that part aside because I've found the story of YS and Dan to be a total gem. I wouldn’t be able to describe them in words. But only in the way that they’ve made me feel. How their love has made me smile. Livened my heart. Made it ache and yearn all at the same time has been a unique feeling throughout. While I sincerely hope for a happy ending, their fighting hearts have been so precious to watch that no matter where their fate truly lies, I know my heart will be content. I hope everyone enjoys the final two chapters.

Archived