Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

Guys, we should trend on twitter on the last episode. Before the episode, when their party starts, until after the show. Updates will help trend. Should do something special. Please decide on the hashtag. 

Options:  

#GoodByeDanYeon

#ThankYouForYourHardWork 

#GoodbyeSooSun

#DaesangForHyeSun

#SooSunPleaseDate

With English there should be a Korean version. 

I’m tagging some of you to take initiative with others: @meechuttso @immorethant @mylovekge @iffy21 @Ni Wen @briseis

ME CHOOSE: #SooSunPleaseDate #DaesangForHyeSun

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Regarding the lower ratings, viewership ratings has very little do with quality if it did then Healer, one of the most critically acclaimed kdramas the world over wouldn't have scored such low ratings in SK, the last season of Game of Thrones wouldn't be the most watched episodes in the history of television and the most successful movies at the box office would be the ones winning Academy Awards or Baeksang Awards. But that is not the reality we live in. Ratings are unpredictable because if they were predictable and based on some sort of logic then the writers and producers would make dramas according to that logic and there would be no show or movie with low viewership.

ALML's ratings have been in the single digits from the beginning and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if it scores 8,7% or 6,7% - because it's almost the same. I looked back at the KBS dramas in that timeslot and with the exception of the last two which were procedurals and surprising successes, ALML is receiving quite good ratings for a KBS drama in that timeslot. To be honest, if I should make a guess why the ratings in SK are in the single digits I'd say it's because the Koreans are not really interested in or familiar with or used to the Judeo-Christian mythology and  they don't react well or are not really interested in a fantasy story about an angel as compared to stories featuring something which is more culturally closer to them like goblins, gumihos or ghosts.

VyHcGLW.png

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 5

NL7KvK.gif?download=true

wow , YS  that man in love with you & you give him your wedding invite :mrgreen:

if he attend the wedding what his role :joy:

5d1e395c88f99797156887.gif?download

• LOL 15

girls we all need to find someone like him 

he so perfect always waiting for her to come back home , I feel this are there signature :mrgreen::kiss_wink: 

5QAwDZ.gif?download=true

15622632511562263224.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

ME CHOOSE: #SooSunPleaseDate #DaesangForHyeSun

Me: DaesangForHyeSun

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Didn't want to come on the message boards till I had a chance to watch the Raw episode. I was expecting a *little* more of a dramatic ending to be honest. Also I thought in the preview that there were guests at the wedding? Maybe not lol it just seems in my mind that there were. Anyways so the ending...so Angel Dan was going to kill RuNa so she can't harm YS? I thought it would end with him kicking her off and her tumbling down. But no that would be too bad of him to do, right? I don't think he's ready to go to murdering lengths to be with YS...but if he does, that will definitely be a shocker! So no preview. I wonder if the Giselle performance will happen next episode or the very last episode. I really hope the writer can give us some good twists and turns esp during the performance. I want more ballet! Right now I really have no idea what could happen. I'll be back this weekend sometime after I catch up with subtitles. 

Happy Independence Day to any Americans on the thread! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Me: DaesangForHyeSun

We can talk about Daesang later. There’s time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Guys, we should trend on twitter on the last episode. Before the episode, when their party starts, until after the show. Updates will help trend. Should do something special. Please decide on the hashtag. 

Options:  

#GoodByeDanYeon

#ThankYouForYourHardWork 

#GoodbyeSooSun

#DaesangForHyeSun

#SooSunPleaseDate

With English there should be a Korean version. 

I’m tagging some of you to take initiative with others: @meechuttso @immorethant @mylovekge @iffy21 @Ni Wen @briseis

#DaesangforHyesun

#2019BestCoupleDanYeon 

#DanYeonLovePrevails

#OneInAMillionDanYeonCouple

#DanYeonCoupleRocks

#OneAndOnlyDanYeonCouple

#DanIsYeons

#DanBelongsToYeon

Just trying to find something to post :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Just trying to find something to post :joy:

Surprise post , always work :phew:

5d1e5246d4e5a725774276.gif?download

follow Hoo foot step :joy:

jZAgj5.gif?download=true

0YAokX.gif?download=true

• LOL 9

Of all the kdramas I’ve watched, I realized there’s one same point in them, it always includes the fantasy feature in the genre. But seems like they all have problems with the ending. Is it ok to bring some other dramas up here? I just want to discuss a little bit.. if you are interested please continue reading.... it’s kinda long and messy as I’m not good at speaking myself anyways...

Spoiler

So my watchlist include: My love from another star, Goblin, W-Two worlds and Black. To me none of the drama above had the ending that totally satisfies me. Even dramas with super high rating like MLFAS and Goblin just have an ok ending to me cuz somehow I still don’t fully like it, I feel like something is still missing and the end of story could have turned out to be better. Things get worse with Black and W tho since those 2 dramas’ ending actually pissed me off as they seem rush and illogical. The case for W saddened me the most since that drama started up so well and then it went terribly downhill, but since I’m the fan of both of the leads and their characters as well, I was hoping for an ok ending but it turned out like s... it was a HE but it seem forced to me... I was in love with that drama and that couple a lot when it was airing, that’s the only drama I waited week by week for new episode until I meet ALMS:L, so basically, I have the same love with our drama right now just the same way I used to have with W, but these 2 share kinda the same plot development in my view tho, start well and promising but then the quality decrease although still not that bad. I really hope next week’s ending will be an ok one, I don’t think the writer can be able to solve all the problems now but please at least let me have a proper and logical ending. If ALMS:L failed at conveying the ending again, I might never want to stream any kdrama weekly anymore. I just lose hope, the only genre that I like is fantasy and no movie has fully satisfied me by far. Is it the common thing of Kdrama when making movies involving fantasy, sci-fi features? Something like putting in too many twists to confuse the audience then can not solve them perfectly? :tears: I don’t know how should I call myself, but I’m the type of person who madly in love with all my kdramas that’s why I’m so picky choosing what to watch, I always want best for those drama/cast so when it actually fails, I also get depressed...  I truly truly hope that ALMS:L won’t be the case...cuz thanks to this drama I’ve found my new and also the very first male idol Kim Myung Soo, I want him to have the best things in all his work so bad because Myung has been working so hard since the beginning (back to the day he debuted with Infinite) to finally come to this success and from now on I just want him to walk on the road full of petals. Seriously don’t let the sh**ty ending ruins all the cast and staff effort ugh.

• Like 9

Although this is not a close up kiss scene, but their hand gesture and body language somehow making me goosebumps :sweatingbullets: and we can see MS yet again doing the open-mouth kiss, it felt very natural and passionate :wub:

• Love 9

I'm in a dilemma, can't decide who I'm more jealous and envy of... :w00t:

Me: 

fDiIRhi.gif

Also me: 

qS7DPwy.gif

*I want to be SHS and yet I want her to give me one too! Ottoke!* 

• LOL 14

They feel like a typical married couple to me....going about there lives in those bedroom scenes

• Like 6

@joanie_haSome ending that would cover everything and make sence it's verry rare...complex plot would lead to a messy ending (actually is not just kdramas ,even chinese dramas mess it up at some point  like USA or UK ones)...

They just trying to hard to make it "Wow" at first but not think to begin with of all explanations and they just forget it(probably ignore sometimes since they don't know how to explain it maybe)...

Movies ,tv dramas are just about action mostly and simple talks (or if they try anything complex it usually leave people  be like:'what I just watched?that makes no sence at all"...that apply usually for fantasy/sci-fi or crime )

It's just poor writting ,but well to writte a novel it usually takes years so wonder how much people take for some dramas (probs not that much ...)

My love from another star ending made no sence at all ,I still loved it but all his dissapearing and coming back wasn't properly explained( I saw it years ago so I don't remember much too)

Goblin ending was ok for me

As for W Two Words,yes some stuffs were weird like  Oh Sung-Moo related stuffs kinda ...( but in rest for a plot that was obviously a fantasy that can't be explained was okay)

I never saw Black so I can't say anything about it... 

Recently I saw Abyss ( that's the example of trying to make it way too complex but ending like a total mess...the plot is nice but seriously better imagine your own ending )

No matter how the ending would be ,we all know he done his best on stuffs that depend of him(like his acting)...There would be more and more poor written dramas eventually so no matter how good you are you will have a chance to end in one ,but he is still the flawless L 

I still remember when I saw him in a kdrama ( at that time I thought Yoo Seung-Ho is the same person  ...ofc I never knew that name or Kim Myung Soo back then so ig I kept confusing them for 1 year ,maybe more?? Lol  ,I was just watching kdramas back then ,not searching info's back then...like that actor from I miss you kdrama that I loved so much it's on  Shut Up Flower Boy Band kdrama too but ofc I was wrong and found out much later like  when I saw L in My Lovely Girl that was still ongoing when I saw it ig)

Ofc we want for him to have just good stuffs and he will definetly ( just poor written dramas won't shade him since he already shine brightly regardless of his surrounding)

Anyways I hope the ending would get to explain some stuffs even if won't be a happy ending(at long it makes sence...or just a open ending if they can't explain it all)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Oh that ending was truly bittersweet, and a good sign like some of you have already pointed out. I still believe in a happy ending plot twist :D.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just had the chance to finish episode 14.

After 13 episodes of watching Angel Hu dissuading Dan from pursuing his love for YS, I’m glad he will no longer try to hold Dan back and will let him determine his own fate. It was touching that although he couldn’t officially give Dan his blessings, he still managed to show up at the wedding and finally tell Dan to give it go and go as far as he can.

I loved how their wedding vows went beyond the typical. How YS and Dan acknowledged that they rescued one another and as a result, rescued themselves. They don’t believe in destiny, but believe in themselves. I admire that YS and Dan married each other not because they know it’s forever, but because they know it cannot last forever.

YS’ altar scene. Finally. She comes to face the deity. I love how she first starts off with how He must know her. How she’s suffered because her parents, vision and Mr. Jo had been taken from her, but that’s not why she’s here. She’s alright now because He sent Dan to her. His mission to Dan was to make her love. She tells him that she loves Dan and that He cannot let Dan dissipate especially after having him die in such a horrible way. She won’t let Him. I’m hoping her declaration means something to deity and to the mission.

As for Dan’s altar scene, I’m not quite sure how I feel about it yet. How he’s willing to kill (Ru Na) and commit sin in order to save YS. I’ll have to wait and see how the writer plans to devise this part and basically, the overall story.

I’ve been wanting to say. I’m a bit surprised with how much credit/reliance has been given to JKW’s answer for how an angel can become human. I still remember JKW’s flashback of when he and Matil were confronted by two angels after they married at the alter. The two angels told him that “becoming an angel, becoming a human, starting a life and ending a life - all depends on the deity’s will”. So, it’s not like JKW successfully figured out a way to become a true human himself. What happened to him was a punishment from the deity. He cannot really live or die. In my eyes, he is merely a fallen/abandoned angel. I don’t think that is what Dan is striving to be nor what YS would want him to be. I cannot help but feel that YS and Dan are being misguided by JKW’s situation. I will say that the only thing beautiful about it is how much they’re willing to sacrifice themselves and fight for each other.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 4