[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

The production staff stated, “Both Shin Hye Sun and L have been completely immersed in their respective characters, so much that you could say they’ve become their characters.

HAA obviously :lol:

3 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Also. I need to mention this.

Though I have to give credit to the writer for couple of things: Thank you for giving us Lee Yeon Seo! I think, this character is a gift to Hae Sun fans. Dan is a gift to L’s fans. I don’t know how other actors would have played these two, but these two put soul into their characters for sure.

Also before ALML, I have been screaming at the top of my lungs how it’s so hard to find different genre in KShows these days! I wanted them to base their shows on dancing/singing more. Flaws aside, this was such a fresh concept! 

More than the plot, this show really helped Hae Sun and L show their best, performances wise and they did! I don’t know about you guys but I’m glad. This may have lacked but with time I think it will become a cult show to remember by. 

I think, our disappointment is ... viewers’ ... it’s such a fine show that it break our hearts to know why it ain't perfect? Then again what show is? Even DOTS/MLFTS had its flaws.

When I think about such things, ratings don’t matter. But human nature is such, we are competitive by nature. 

It’s funny isn’t it? We are sad over the ratings yet we are finding flaws at the same time? It’s almost like saying we are accepting the fact it deserves the ratings it’s getting. Why are we expecting more then? 

Well SAID!!!

KMS's instagram - Our flower boy

UNK5Hlv.jpg21IatxT.jpg

I remember how when the drama started we wished for Dan to wear all-black - I guess you should be careful what you wish for because you might get it AKA "If the gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers"

b1272KV.jpg

source: newsen

3 hours ago, jakey09 said:

You don’t trust Yeon Seo and Myung Soo? 

Trust them, they are giving hints towards happy ending. If not them, then me. :joy:

Oh and by the way! 

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE HAPPY ABOUT THE KISS!! :triumph:

I trust Hye Sun and Myung Soo (not Yeon Seo and Myung Soo :P), BTS never failed me.    

For Yeon Seo and Kim Dan, I trust their love, but don't trust the writer.

I'm also happy with the kiss, but I'm just not excited because I'm afriad the ending will be sad.

If this drama ends well , I will post all gif of the kisses in this drama .... LOL. :D

21 minutes ago, briseis said:

KMS's instagram - Our flower boy

I remember how when the drama started we wished for Dan to wear all-black - I guess you should be careful what you wish for because you might get it AKA "If the gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers"

source: newsen

Omo.. Will Dan come back as black angel tonight? Is he using a different hand phone now? The one he always use was in yellow colour right? and the one he's holding in latest pics is in black colour.. wonder what happen?...

I haven't had time to read through the thread because I was busy replaying you-know-what.. but OMG! BEST.EPISODE.EVER!

The longing, the hopelessness, that sense of relief (albeit false), and all sorts of emotions in one hot kiss. THAT KISS WAS EVERYTHING!!!! 

Did anyone see the tongue too? LMAO. L did it first though, SHS got back at him. :sweat_smile: As a Hae Sun fan, this is the first time I see her actually kiss the lights out of his ML. LOL And L, my my L, I think you may have gotten some training off cam. :joy: I was expecting and hoping for that steamy kiss but we got more! 

I'm still a bit anxious  not knowing what will happen to them both. But whatever the ending will be, I think I will be satisfied. I love that no one has become a noble idiot just yet. They both know whats to come so they're making the most out of their situation and cherishing every moment they have together. If one of them dies (which I think will be YS because we cant let Dan dissipate, but i hope not), there'll be no regrets. 

Wait... did I just see dark KD?! 

*Been waiting for this day to come since the teaser! He looks so good, I'm in tears!* :tears:

ZswguIm.gif

*I would assume KBS would never show KMS in black but they eventually did!* :)

Don't worry y'all! Angst and torment usually happens towards the finale and then we get a HE at the end! Hope that HE isn't just 5 to 10 minutes. I need at least 30 minutes. We gotta stay positive and strong! 

Nx9R59j.gif

2 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

I haven't had time to read through the thread because I was busy replaying you-know-what.. but OMG! BEST.EPISODE.EVER!

The longing, the hopelessness, that sense of relief (albeit false), and all sorts of emotions in one hot kiss. THAT KISS WAS EVERYTHING!!!! 

Did anyone see the tongue too? LMAO. L did it first though, SHS got back at him. :sweat_smile: As a Hae Sun fan, this is the first time I see her actually kiss the lights out of his ML. LOL And L, my my L, I think you may have gotten some training off cam. :joy: I was expecting and hoping for that steamy kiss but we got more! 

I'm still a bit anxious  not knowing what will happen to them both. But whatever the ending will be, I think I will be satisfied. I love that no one has become a noble idiot just yet. They both know whats to come so they're making the most out of their situation and cherishing every moment they have together. If one of them dies (which I think will be YS because we cant let Dan dissipate, but i hope not), there'll be no regrets. 

I saw it too!!!giphy.gif

The one who posted about the notebook dialogue! I definitely agree! I’m loving the comparison ... It’s too back for me to quote yeah ... :lol: 

When I wanted the rain kiss ... that’s where the inspiration came from. But then again when I think about the dialogue as well ... I’ll talk about their love and desperation later. 

It’s 4 AM! I really need to hit the sack! :lol: GN! 

When I come back, please hit at least 230+ pages! You all never listen to me.

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dan disappears at the end of Ep14.

However, I would like the whole Ru Na thing to be cleared up soon. Either she is exorcised or somehow she is punished for what she has done. I think it would take Dan being there when this happens.

So at most, tonight will be a cliffhanger of YS in danger (again! and hopefully for the last time).

Ep 15 is when/if Dan manages to rescue her. If not, she dies and that's when I throw my hands in the air.

I believe God had a purpose in giving Dan his last mission. I still think this is his last mission before becoming human.

For KW, I think God left him on Earth to find his purpose again. Is he truly no longer an angel? Or are his angelic abilities dormant until he found his purpose again.

I don't know this writer at all, but I am choosing to put my last bit of hope in her ability to at least get the big stuff right. So yes, I think after all the anguish, there will be a good resolution.

Although quite impossible for me now, I tried to catch up on this thread a bit. I can totally see why the ratings have gone down for some.

tumblr_oy0lru6B3o1valxs7o1_500.gif tumblr_oy0lru6B3o1valxs7o7_500.gif

tumblr_oy0lru6B3o1valxs7o5_500.gif

As others have pointed out, for me while the writer is great at creating character sketches, she's not so good at building story-lines and keeping the viewer interested thru the intellect. While there is so much to please the senses in this production (truly an epic sensual delight) and so much for the imagination, but there hasn't been much to engage the mind in this story to keep me guessing what should come next, because while this is a fantasy romance, in a strange way, like in real life, much of it doesn't make sense at all.

The writer may have bitten off more than she can chew, because this is a difficult subject she has taken on - life and death and all that.

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

Now after watching Eng sub. I'm like this.

Probably it's only me who are not excited about the kiss scenes.  

I just want Dan and Yeon Seo to be happy at the end.

Now, I'm so depressed.  

So I think I will take a time-off from all the thread until I see that this drama has a happy ending, then I can come back to rewatch and enjoy those sweet scenes.   

Poor baby @immorethant you're much discouraged by this story. Allow me to give my take on what is remaining.

I do think the writer has backed herself into a corner, but one more time, I am going to try and trust that the writer will get the big thing right int he end.

Taken at face value, Dan's mission was for Yeon-Seo to 'love' (again).

Has he succeeded so far? I was thinking that he had, but something caught my attention which tells me the answer is a definite NO.

credit @jakey09

Yeon-Seo has been on her best behavior, looking like a changed person, choosing to be strong and positive unlike in her past before Dan came into her life. But in this quiet moment when she is confronted with the reality of her fate or her helpless state before a deity who still won't answer her prayer, she turns dark, icy and 'shaking her fist' at deity once more. She has not learned yet what it means to love, at least in a 'agape' type love ('eros' love of doing the deed with an angel Dan turned human Steely Kim-Dan does not sound like the original mission of 'love', however much it may have felt like it for her in her (untold) moments of ecstasy with him, urm,... last night).

So I think what Yeon-Seo needs to do in order to 'love' is quite plain - she has to give her life for his. That's kind of the (Judeo-Christian) biblical definition of love in the world from which this Dan of our story apparently comes. And if she does, will she somehow, miraculously, gain both life and love of Dan (eternal, but also physical and temporal for a time on earth and have 2 children with him and live to be old and grey)? I loved how couple of different posters here also came to similar conclusions and boiled the last episodes down to the fate vs free-will debate in the end, because I think the writer had every intention to bring us to it, however many random hackneyed tropes she had to employ to get us here.

But for our last thread of hope, let's go back to the very first page again, Angel Dan's Last Report, as told by the writer herself:

(I want) to tell the lofty (noble) story of choosing to forsake all for the sole (benefit of the) other.
No matter how that story ends,
(I want) to dream (imagine) of people who can be angels to one another thru such love.

Here, in the midst of cold and cruel reality, to touch their hearts dreaming of (such) fantastic love,
'Only(Dan) One Miracle' is granted.

Only one miracle is granted.

May that be the same one miracle that's in all of our wishes here on this thread as we wait for Ep 14 (27,28) 본방사수 (livestream / original broadcast).

:grimace:

Archived