[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, in Korea, ratings matter a lot especially to networks because it means advertising revenue.

Angel is a good drama but it hasn't hit keeper status for me.

So many unanswered questions and personally I don't like the evil second lead kind of plotlines.

Having said that, I am very invested in the story because I want to know the ending.

As a viewer who may not have any impact on network decisions, I plan to enjoy the show til the end. Show support to the actors and actresses through social media so that they know are also loved internationally.

24 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

I think, the problem with this show is ... it has potential to be a 20/22 episode drama but makers just want to rush everything.

I agree it’s one of the best romcoms out there but it tends to get distracted by unnecessary secondary characters drama. Also KBS keeps on changing what’s shown in the previews to what’s actually seen in the episodes. I’m not sure if anybody is noticing but I have seen the dip in the TRPs since KBS started playing with previews and actual episodes. Of course that will frustrate the viewers. 

I think, the makers became too confident regarding MS/HS performances and chemistry that they started neglecting the quality of the show. I think, also because they are on tight schedule right now. They are currently shooting episode 15, how many days left to shoot the last episode? Crazy. 

The main problem with this show is too much to tell in too little time. 

Otherwise this is such speculation. We can judge by what Koreans are saying under the articles ... 

I feel the opposite....they really have run out of plot....the fast paced first few episodes and not allowing Dan and Yeon Seo falling for each other part to be gradual....they have reached a point now that the conflicts are not enough to fill 3 whole episode. We will have one final showdown with Luna and Dan would disappear or Yeon Seo would die....might or might not comeback....Kang Woo is wasted too as a character....Dont get me wrong...love this show....love my Dan Yeon couple but writing could have been tighter or more well planned

3 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I feel the opposite....they really have run out of plot....the fast paced first few episodes and not allowing Dan and Yeon Seo falling for each other part to be gradual....they have reached a point now that the conflicts are not enough to fill 3 whole episode. We will have one final showdown with Luna and Dan would disappear or Yeon Seo would die....might or might not comeback....Kang Woo is wasted too as a character....Dont get me wrong...love this show....love my Dan Yeon couple but writing could have been tighter or more well planned

I thing, this was the main plot. Writer just didn’t know how to execute it properly. Alas, seeing what a disaster her last work was ... this is A in comparison. Didn’t I say let’s not trust the writer until the very last second of the show? Basically. 

Have you seen the temperature of love? I think, that’s the kind of miscommunication happening between the writer and the director.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I agree that JKW character should be more develop.....nina also has slow paced development. hope for a more development for second lead character tonight.

Just want to say that you guys are all so productive recently. I was off from this thread for just one week due to some schoolwork and it literally took me another week (maybe more) to finish reading all the comments (it’s around 100 pages but I don’t want to miss those beautiful comments, recaps and gifs... at all so I just kept reading page by page :D). Thanks to the passionate kiss n bed scenes last night of our lovely OTP, I had the strength to finish the 20 latest pages in one night and finally I can catch up with you guys now haha. I’m just so in love with this thread!! I was pissed knowing the decreased rating of last night’s ep but reading your comments, it cheered me up:P thank you all of you. Looking forward to tonight’s ep with the sweet wedding scene awww, and I hope it will just be covered in sweetness not angst (which is not likely to happen but I still have high hope in the love of our leads to overpower all the angst yessss:wub:).

Our poor couple :tears:

So YS is destined to die and Dan will disappear they’re a tragic couple at this point :bawling: Writer don’t pull a Romeo and Juliet card pleaseeeeeeeee 

Question: So if YS destined to die cause of the wicked, that’s considered sacrificial love and will make KD human?? That’s where I’m a bit confuse cause it’s not like she died for him cause she destined to die :sweatingbullets:

And what’s up with the handkerchief glowing again. I really want it to be a good sign but from Hu and JKW it’s gonna turn black if KD becomes human.

The episode upcoming today I have a feeling we might end with something sad argh. This is probably the first drama I feel so emotional and scared for the ending. It’s been a rollercoaster the whole drama. My heart is not at ease :tears:

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

I think, that’s the kind of miscommunication happening between the writer and the director.  :lol:

To me, it seems like the director is not getting what the writer meant right from the start. They are in my opinion not in sync. The writer is weak if the director is good.

To be honest, I felt the first 4 episodes were the best of all. I hated the whole Fantasia plot that was essentially supposed to be another main thing of this drama Ballet. The secondary characters could have been given a better development but NONE turn out as desired. They were given up halfway or largely forgotten. 

I still love the show despite all the flaws. It's true the writing is less than good resulting in the story not as appealing as it could actually turned out to be. The two main leads was what the show was for me. From the start I was watching for SHS and she didn't let me down. Not at all.

The DanYeon chemistry was a bonus and it kept me in till now.:D

I cannot guess what the writer want for her ending till the last minute. It's keeping me on tenterhooks but I still want to trust that it will be a happy ending

3 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

To me, it seems like the director is not getting what the writer meant right from the start. They are in my opinion not in sync. The writer is weak if the director is good.

To be honest, I felt the first 4 episodes were the best of all. I hated the whole Fantasia plot that was essentially supposed to be another main thing of this drama Ballet. The secondary characters could have been given a better development but NONE turn out as desired. They were given up halfway or largely forgotten. 

I still love the show despite all the flaws. It's true the writing is less than good resulting in the story not as appealing as it could actually turned out to be. The two main leads was what the show was for me. From the start I was watching for SHS and she didn't let me down. Not at all.

The DanYeon chemistry was a bonus and it kept me in till now.

Also. I need to mention this.

Though I have to give credit to the writer for couple of things: Thank you for giving us Lee Yeon Seo! I think, this character is a gift to Hae Sun fans. Dan is a gift to L’s fans. I don’t know how other actors would have played these two, but these two put soul into their characters for sure.

Also before ALML, I have been screaming at the top of my lungs how it’s so hard to find different genre in KShows these days! I wanted them to base their shows on dancing/singing more. Flaws aside, this was such a fresh concept! 

More than the plot, this show really helped Hae Sun and L show their best, performances wise and they did! I don’t know about you guys but I’m glad. This may have lacked but with time I think it will become a cult show to remember by. 

I think, our disappointment is ... viewers’ ... it’s such a fine show that it break our hearts to know why it ain't perfect? Then again what show is? Even DOTS/MLFTS had its flaws.

When I think about such things, ratings don’t matter. But human nature is such, we are competitive by nature. 

It’s funny isn’t it? We are sad over the ratings yet we are finding flaws at the same time? It’s almost like saying we are accepting the fact it deserves the ratings it’s getting. Why are we expecting more then? 

God really acts in an unfathomable way in this drama. 

If LYS was supposed to die in the car accident, why did He give KD the mission to find love for LYS in 100 days

when in the end, He planned for LYS to die anyway? It's as though He is playing a joke on both of them,

since He knows of their connection and must have foreseen that they would fall in love :tears:

Archived