[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

@titania1000 Actually, I was thinking about Dan being in both clothes as well. 

If say, and I pray to God not, YS is the same woman ... then I think how it will help us differentiate the love of both Angels ... Wait, I just lost my thoughts while typing ... :lol:

I always wondered why they showed Dan in both clothes? And what does it mean to be in black clothes running towards something - someone (YS), which was shown in the Promo. Does that mean Dan is the only one who can save YS from danger? Unlike, KW who failed? (Woohoo!) Like @Ni Wen mentioned. There should be a reason for the tag line: One and Only Love. Thanks NW for reminding. I forgot. Let us both hang on to that! :lol::wub:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Omg I'm scared hearing this. I would smash the writer's office if they are not the endgame. Pray that this isn't gonna happen :scream:

I dont think this will happen as SHS and KMS are both the leads here and the whole story is centred around them two. I think the director is a fallen angel but dont know what his past relationship is with LSY and what his true intentions are for her. Also it is Dan that will fall in love with LSY first and it would be too easy if their relationship is a smooth ride so I expect there to be a very bumpy ride for our lovely couple. I honestly do believe the end game is them and have a feeling our sweet Dan will choose a life with LSY than go to heaven.

30 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Omg I'm scared hearing this. I would smash the writer's office if they are not the endgame. Pray that this isn't gonna happen :scream:

Ignore them. :ph34r:

They are. B)

12 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

What if Ni-Na's "One and Only Love" is Kim Dan?

You think the Mighty Lee Yeon Seo will let that happen?! :naughty: In Yeon Seo, we trust. 

I'm definitely Team Angel Dan right now. He's so cute and adorkable. I also just like the idea of angels in general. But now we have JKW as angel, so I automatically want him to be bad angel because I don't want two good angels whom I would like both simply because they're angels. Does that make sense? 

But @titania1000 your theory.....especially regarding those promos with Angel Dan in the dark suit....wow good job on your theory. But I hope it's not true! Lol. But really....you got me thinking now....

Oh Vey GIF - Simpsons OyVey GIFs

17 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

@titania1000 Actually, I was thinking about Dan being in both clothes as well. 

If say, and I pray to God not, YS is the same woman ... then I think how it will help us differentiate the love of both Angels ... Wait, I just lost my thoughts while typing ... :lol:

I always wondered why they showed Dan in both clothes? And what does it mean to be in black clothes running towards something - someone (YS), which was shown in the Promo. Does that mean Dan is the only one who can save YS from danger? Unlike, KW who failed? (Woohoo!) Like @Ni Wen mentioned. There should be a reason for the tag line: One and Only Love. Thanks NW for reminding. I forgot. Let us both hang on to that! :lol::wub:

Dan in black didn't look evil at all and I believe in the tag line "One and Only Love" as these two are destined to love. We dont even know the back story of KW and his relationship with LSY look alike. Like it might be because of his obsession that she died. So I would say let's wait and see what the writer has in store for us. I am 100% rooting for my sweet couple and I like that they have resolved their misunderstandings of each other. And if I remember correctly in the extended promo you see KW trying to touch LSY and she pulls away with annoyed face. 

4 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

She was... but that was before she had lunch with Kim Dan.

Still dont see it happening but who know I could be totally wrong. I do have to say good job to the writer she is making all of us work hard to figure out what she has in store for us.

9 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

You think the Mighty Lee Yeon Seo will let that happen?! :naughty: In Yeon Seo, we trust. 

She would beat the richard simmons out of her if she goes near her Dan! 

27 minutes ago, iffy21 said:

Dan in black didn't look evil at all and I believe in the tag line "One and Only Love" as these two are destined to love. We dont even know the back story of KW and his relationship with LSY look alike. Like it might be because of his obsession that she died. So I would say let's wait and see what the writer has in store for us. I am 100% rooting for my sweet couple and I like that they have resolved their misunderstandings of each other. And if remember correctly in the extended promo you see KW trying to touch LSY and she pulls away with annoyed face. 

I agree. Dan won't be becoming evil. Actually, I wrote about the disparity between his white outfit in the drama and the darker look in the promos in my post a few days ago:

Basically, I think it's not about Dan truly becoming evil but rather the duality of him. That despite the fact that he's an angel he always broke the rules of the deity or bent them, finding ways to punish wrongdoers. He is also very curious. Furthermore, the fact that he feels so much towards YS and that he is basically falling in love with her and a lot of his behaviour and reactions don't really coincide with the image of a typical angel - even-tempered and calm. So when I talked about him as a (fallen) angel, putting the word "fallen" in brackets, it's because the core idea of a fallen angel is a rebellion - and all the things are mentioned count as a certain kind of rebellion.

@titania1000 Actually, I think that that duality post on tumblr was inspired by this very post of mine, which I also uploaded on tumblr.

tumblr_ps4wt9vKYA1s8t96qo3_1280.pngtumblr_ps4wt9vKYA1s8t96qo1_1280.png

6 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

It's possible too: Kang Woo might be misleading everyone by pretending that he was her one true love, forcing our lovebirds to split and creating a lot of angst and pining in the process. :tears: 

But it would be so classic and boring for me! :lol: 

But as a shipper: i get that it could be annoying when someone comes trouble your peaceful place by adding stressful speculations. 

I'll be more cautious next time by using spoilers tags.

Sorry to all Dan and Yeon Seo shippers and my fellow sunshines here: @Ni Wen @jakey09 and @kokkuri33

Nothing to apologize. It’s good to see we are all hyped about it. I’m just waiting for those damn subs ... so can figure out what’s going on exactly. 

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I find it interesting that instead of offering me reasons why you disagree, you attempt to deride my thinking process.   I'd prefer that you attempt to change my mind by offering me evidence of your standpoint instead of telling me that my mind isn't analyzing properly.  ;)  I'm willing to listen.  In fact, I really want to.

It is not my intention to offend those who are charmed by this show.  Far from it.  I want to know why people like it, and maybe then I'll like it more, too.

I am not sure there is any reason one could pinpoint why they like something or not.  For example, let's say you love chocolate.  Frankly, I do not eat chocolate nor do I enjoy it.  This is probably another unpopular opinion.  You could site to me several reasons why chocolate is fabulous and why you enjoy it but in the end, none of those reasons will change my mind about how I feel about chocolate.  Likewise, in this instance, I could site to you the reasons why I have enjoyed this series from the beginning but in the end, this about our own personal preferences and I doubt seriously my views would or should have any impact on whether you like something or not.  I appreciate your honesty and the fact that you present a differing opinion in a respectful manner.  In the end, this is a fantasy television series written by someone who wants to tell a story and directed by someone who wants it presented in a particular way.  Like you, I have started watching particular KDramas in the past but stopped after viewing a few episodes because I just did not care for them.  In some of those instances, I could not believe how people were raving about how good the series was, while it left me totally uninterested.  Again, I chalk it up to each of us having things we like and don't like.  I am not sure there is always an adequate reason beyond each of us being created differently and having set likes/dislikes.  I enjoy the variety in us all and I have always liked your posts.

8 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Maybe Yeon-Seo's One and Only Love is... ballet.

Earlier I was irritated with the thought of Ballet coming in between these two but with this new development ...

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

It's possible too: Kang Woo might be misleading everyone by pretending that he was her one true love, forcing our lovebirds to split and creating a lot of angst and pining in the process. :tears: 

I truly love your take and please don't feel sorry for sharing your insights. I was actually thinking what if the version of LSY shot herself and KW is begging her on his knees which would totally make sense for such tragedy to happen. I just rewatched the last scene and there is no one behind her and I found it strange if he was protecting her why is he on his knees? So it hit me, she must have commit suicide in front of him. 

On 5/31/2019 at 4:28 AM, briseis said:

I agree. Dan won't be becoming evil. Actually, I wrote about the disparity between his white outfit in the drama and the darker look in the promos in my post a few days ago:

Basically, I think it's not about Dan truly becoming evil but rather the duality of him. That despite the fact that he's an angel he always broke the rules of the deity or bent them, finding ways to punish wrongdoers. He is also very curious. Furthermore, the fact that he feels so much towards YS and that he is basically falling in love with her and a lot of his behaviour and reactions don't really coincide with the image of a typical angel - even-tempered and calm. So when I talked about him as a (fallen) angel, putting the word "fallen" in brackets, it's because the core idea of a fallen angel is a rebellion - and all the things are mentioned count as a certain kind of rebellion.

HMMM this picture especially the shadow really looks like the JKW wings 24 Lovely forum chat expression emoji emoticonsHMMMM but I still think Mr director is the dark one or maybe I just like him to be a bad guy. I don't know I really feel insecure and mad when he comes on screen.24 Lovely forum chat expression emoji emoticons

I think Kang Woo maybe another fallen angel. The way the story could play out is,

1. Yeon Seo is reincarnation/had a doppelganger who fell in love with Kang Woo and he was supposed to disappear from heaven and earth as a punishment because I take it that divine beings cannot interact or meddle or fall in love with humans and Yeon Seo in her previous life or her doppelganger instead made a deal with God and died to protect Kang Woo. My bet is on Yeon Seo being a doppelganger. And even if say she is a reincarnation, does it say anywhere that she has to love Kang Woo in this lifetime as well?? So what if he was her first love, does it matter at all? If Yeon Seo is merely a doppelganger, we don't need to really care about who loved whom first, not that I care much right now. I am fully on board Dan-Seo ship wherever that may be headed......safely to shore or into the bottom of ocean, I am so with them. In case she is merely a doppelganger than it is very possible that Kang Woo will at some crucial moment warn Dan and he will make sure history does not repeat and Yeon Seo gets to live her life. Either way, it sucks being Yeon Seo, she can't win living and dying twice would be too tragic.

2.  Alternate theory: Yeon Seo is reincarnation/had a doppelganger who did not love Kang Woo but died as a result of his unhealthy obsession. In which case, he is a villain. Conflicted, obsessed villains are something Lee Dong Gun is extremely good at playing, so please, I will take that if he is so. 

As for Dan having dark clothes in the trailer, could be an indication of him and Yeon Seo ending tragically. A foreshadowing, black is the color for mourning is it not. I don't which ballet is inspiring the themes, be it Giselle or Swan Lake, sacrifice seems to be one of the major themes for this show. Lets see what happens now.

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

That would explain why Dan and Yeon Seo's relationship is progressing so fast: they're not the endgame.   

As you imagine, i would ship  madly Yeon Seo and Kang Woo as past lovers. 

Let's just see if the subs confirms this possibility and if it's compatible with the events of the drama....   

By the way, for me speculations are meant  to add fun, so  i suggest to just enjoy the ride, not matter what the real end could be:lol:.   

Personally, I don't think that the relationship between Dan and YS is progressing too fast. I mean this drama has only 16 episodes and the usual progression at this length is that either at the end of episode 8 or 10 the OTP mutually confirm their feelings for each other and become an official couple. And you have to admit that the way things are now, there is still a lot episodes to go before they will reach that point. Right now, they have become friends, are getting to know and trust each other, gradually build their relationship, but most of all they are attracted to each other and, judging from the preview, they will have to deal with these new unknown feelings to them, and it will take time for them to come to terms without those feelings and accept them and even confess them. A first kiss is only a beginning, not a culmination. They are at a point where they need to decide whether they want to act on this attraction and purse it further. Moreover, there is the fact that YS has no idea Dan is an angel and they both will need a lot of time to deal with this extremely important fact. So there is really a lot of ground to cover and I think the pace is just perfect right now.

ab2gAwS.jpg

Anyway, I have to say I'm loving everyone's speculations and theories, @jakey09 but I need some time before I can react to them. I've been giffing the kiss scene, so once I have time I really need to back track and read them all in more detail and give everyone likes because, seriously, this thread and the people in it are awesome and so inspired and insightful. I also think it says a lot about the quality of the drama and the story that it provokes so many deep thoughts. Literally, every detail matters in this show, even the fact that both male leads eat chocolate. LOL.

Archived