[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

An Angel’s Feather

The handerchieves are a key element and clue in the story as they basically represent both angels -  Dan and Ji Kang Woo - and are tied to their fate. The feather on JKW’s handkerchief didn’t burn the moment he abandoned it on the altar and left with Matilde. It only burned when he was about to commit suicide. When he was trying to kill himself he betrayed his lover in a way, because he was trying to destroy the life she died to protect and couldn’t respect the choice she made. Another possibility is that the feather burned because JKW left her body to be cremated as the feather burns while lying next to the urn with her ashes. Quite symbolic. Futhermore, I’m really curious what color will JKW’s wings have because so far we’ve only seen their shadow. Like I said the handkerchief is a part of each angel, it symbolizes him, and nothing defines an angel more than his wings therefore the feather is a feather of his wings. The feather is blue like the sky (probably, even for practical reasons because it would be difficult to notice a white feather on a white handkerchief) and if you remember, Dan’s wings have sometimes blue glow around them. This makes me wonder whether JKW’s wings will be black as the feather on his handkerchief, further cementing the “fallen angel” theory.

48RZZCm.jpg

“This is me. Think of this as me.”

Maybe JKW abandoning his handkerchief, basically leaving behind his identity as an angel and giving his lover a ring with a mysterious emblem was a part of the problem. He wanted to change himself, he wanted to become a human, and in that way denying his true nature. On the other hand, there is Dan who keeps giving his handkerchief to YS, not some substitute; even if he can’t tell her who he really is, he keeps giving her a part of his true self. And there is the extremely important fact, that his handkerchief always gets to Yeon Seo eventually, AND IT GLOWS WHEN DAN KISSES HER, LIKE SHE IS MEANT TO HAVE IT - it’s her who finds it when Dan loses it in the park even though she’s blind; he gives it to her to treat the wound on her wrist; and she even asks him to give the handkerchief to her and he does it willingly, NEVER ASKING HER TO RETURN IT. It’s extremely poignant and even more so because Yeon Seon doesn’t merely carrry it around in her pocket or her purse, instead SHE LITERALLY WEARS A PART OF DAN ON HER BODY FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE, be it around her wrist or in her hair, even during the time when she is angry with him. It’s always tied around a part of her - A PART OF HER AND A PART OF HIM ARE IN THIS WAY INTERTWINED AND CONNECTED, TIED TOGETHER. A knot is a symbol of connection and in many cultures the hands of a couple are tied together by a cloth during a wedding ceremony. Also, how symbolic is it that Dan often uses the handkerchief to treat Yeon Seo’s wounds? How often has her blood stained it?

HuZKN8T.jpg

Finally, talking about blood and feathers, this brings to my mind another thought I had while watching Dan so meticulously clean up all his feathers in the living room, I wonder whether one bloodied feather didn’t get away, whether Yeon Seo didn’t keep the one she picked up.

Rkhalu6.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, shamrockmom said:

OK, here's my theory. I'm sure I will get ripped for it, but here it goes:

Angel Dan's mission was to have YS love again. Sunbae Angel did not specify that the person YS was supposed to love was JKW. I think Dan (inexperienced with humans) assumed that. Perhaps Dan's mission is to BE the person YS loves. That's why the feather glows when they kissed....because he's on the right track. 

When JKW puts the ashes of Matil in the Buddhist temple, I think that the feather turns black for a couple of reasons. First of all, her ashes are in a place where there are idols....just like he made her his idol and put her above his relationship with God. It symbolizes the blackness of his heart and soul--because the next scene IIRC, was that JKW tried to hang himself. And then overdose on pills. He is doomed to be alive and endlessly grieves Matil's death; a sentence of Hell in itself.

Dan also is a rookie angel because he feels he can't say he likes YS. He doesn't want to do what JKW did and put his love for YS above his love for God. However, the scripture says that a man should love his wife like Christ loved the church. By loving YS, and (hopefully for us viewers) marrying her, he fulfills his mission and keeps his relationship with God. 

I agree with @briseis. It's been a long time since I've seen such a cracktastic drama, with so much to ponder. The writing is amazing and the beautiful cinematography adds to the magical feeling.

actually your theory does make sense..

I also thought that JKW probably didn't fulfill his mission because he couldn't inspire artist to create art.. as seen in the scene where the painter got frustrated and he walked away.. 

And also i think someone said it before that he probably actually didn't love mathil but he loved the art she created so therefore he wouldn't have loved her like Christ loved the church which means that the bond between him and mathil was not the same bond as Christ with the church but he put his love or obsession for her and the art she created above the deity that gave her this talent.. oke im getting off track i don't even know where im going with this...

I totally can actually see your theory about Dan and YS love being true.. 

9be10268-189f-4303-a773-2cacc7571b1f.gif

Him asking why give him a heart , if he wasn’t allowed to love , to feel ,  was heart broken moment. The love is the most wonderful emotion we humans can experience and not to ever experience it would leave a large gap in anyone’s life . But for Angel it’s seem a sin , line they won’t be allowed to cross . But I wish our Angel would cross it soon , because it’s better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all . 

BBD49435-5C7B-49AF-8188-697E8B2CDB84.gif

I think JKW's fall was his arrogance just like Devil. Dan knows he is pretty much screwed now that he is in love. He is still trying to keep himself in check and fears God. But Kang Woo assumed it was God's will that he met Matilda and fell in love. He assumed God would accept his giving up his mission (unsure about this though) and powers. Did he sincerely ask for his forgiveness for straying from his intended path, did he seek his approval? Also we know Yeon Seo is living borrowed life, what about Matilda. Is it the same for her or did she die exactly when she was supposed to?? For all we know, maybe Matilda was always fated to die protecting the love of her life. Also Dan altered Yeon Seo's fate so how much time does she actually have now??

I thought it was interesting that Angel Dan used the handkerchief to wipe up the blood and pull out the broken glass on his feet after he protected YS from the falling chandelier. What happened then? All his wounds were healed, the blood disappeared and his foot was whole again. But the handkerchief doesn't magically heal YS's feet, or remove the blood--at least us viewers have not seen this yet. It's suspicious enough that YS has seen Dan's wings. It would be way crazy for her to see a wound disappear--and it would blow Dan's cover sky high. 

YS wearing the hankie does not seem to provide her with physical protection against injuries or even poisoning like during the dinner cruise fiasco. That takes Angel Dan's presence. But I do think it gives her a smidgen more of confidence. There are a whole lotta vipers and evildoers around her--and the delusional JKW. That can make a young lady cranky and grouchy!

Angel Dan shows us yet another manifestation of his love by being amazingly patient and kind to YS--even when she acts unloveable. Sure he gets frustrated! (I picture angels who watch over us face-palming and saying "Do they ever get it?!?" over and over) But Dan persists--and not in an obsessive, stalker-y way like JKW does. Dan puts YS's needs first--and not his own. (remember he helped rebuild the whole beach dance scene for JKW). That's why he is a better angel than JKW, and why (I hope and pray! pun intended) he won't have the same fate. 

I was thinking. Why Deity hadn’t accept KW & Matil’s relationship probably had more to do with KW’s personality and actions than Deity being mean. I doubt one can show Deity in a bad light. Without reasoning. 

We don’t know the back story of theirs yet, not all and whatever personality of KW’s I sensed in the flashback - His was totally opposite of KD’s. He came across more of a rebellious kind than KD. While KD rebelled in the interest of humans, between good and bad ... I sensed KW to be selfish. Impatient. 

I think, the key word may end up being “sacrifice” here. It seems like KW was taking decisions in haste, even Matil questioned him about the process and he didn’t have much to tell her. 

KD & YS might end up doing something which may end up pleasing the Almighty. You know the typical pushing-pulling of OTPs? And also it could be theirs wasn’t true love at all. 

7 hours ago, Liting1 said:

Or someone must've lifted, dragged, or pushed her in front of JKW

I think you may be right. She doesn't look like she's standing on her own but like she's lifted up in front of JKW. I think there's something more than meets the eye in this scene when the screen was black out only to see Malti in front of JKW the next moment. 

On 6/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, briseis said:

YS's parents died when she was 17 years old (that is 9 years ago). Some 6 or 7 years after YS met Dan on that island therefore it's not possible for him to witness their death when he was either dead or lying in coma for years when they died.

wen did they say he was in coma?

clearly someone was trying to kill him

1 hour ago, shamrockmom said:

I thought it was interesting that Angel Dan used the handkerchief to wipe up the blood and pull out the broken glass on his feet after he protected YS from the falling chandelier. What happened then? All his wounds were healed, the blood disappeared and his foot was whole again. But the handkerchief doesn't magically heal YS's feet, or remove the blood--at least us viewers have not seen this yet. It's suspicious enough that YS has seen Dan's wings. It would be way crazy for her to see a wound disappear--and it would blow Dan's cover sky high. 

I think you are mistaken Dan never used his handkerchief to wipe the blood of his feet nor was it ever shown to have any healing properties so far. He only used his hand and a towel, look:

ykBzpuv.pngQZirPQW.png

22 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

wen did they say he was in coma?

clearly someone was trying to kill him

I was referring to a theory that Dan might not be dead but lying in a coma, though it's very unlikely. I'm not 100% certain that someone wanted to kill Dan, I think much more likely possibility is that he was psysically abused by someone, either his family, peers,... On the day he fell into the sea, he was chased by someone and while hiding he fell.

A2r95YA.png

Spoiler

kqj7HQ4.png

5cfc3e48c70e2146406607.gif?download

5cfc3e989044f943982373.gif?download

That different between KD & JKH for me so far is greed & We saw how he was punished for his greed , his rebellion against everything he knows , turning his back on his believe . 

D18AF245-B668-4DA9-9A65-D3F6459899E8.gif

But isn’t love make human greed for more , that in my eyes isn’t a crime , so when love enter Our Angel heart wouldn’t he ask for more &  longing for more . 

Good Morning  !

Have a nice Sunday everyone :relaxed:

5 hours ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

Now I am hoping not only for a happy ending but also for a wedding! Am I too hopeful?

Am I too hopeful to see both date each other in real life ?   :P  

48 minutes ago, briseis said:

I was referring to a theory that Dan might not be dead but lying in a coma, though it's very unlikely. I'm not 100% certain that someone wanted to kill Dan, I think much more likely possibility is that he was psysically abused by someone, either his family, peers,... On the day he fell into the sea, he was chased by someone and while hiding he fell.

I'm so curious about how Dan ended up being an angel too and I don't want to see the scene that a kid died in the drama. So I prefer buying your theory that Dan is just in a coma.

This is from Myung Soo's IG  and Shin Hye Sun's manager IG on May 7th , compared to the flashback scene.

Does it mean that our DanYeon recalled their childhood memory , so they come to this place ?

xHagJNJ.jpg

ghJjtyK.jpg

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

I want Dan to be lying in the coma myself. But wouldn’t that be too similar to LFG? I don’t think they will follow that route then. Is it possible? 

I did not watch LFG, but I saw the synopse and I do not think it would be similar.
____
I do not know if anybody else mentioned that, but we have three different flashback with the kids. When we see the pictures, we can see the kids were with different clothes in the flashback. If you see this picture and the trailer we can see that LYS was passing by and she saw Dan. But in the trailer we also can see that Dan was acting like he is falling. So I think LYS saw that and ran at him to help him. And that's how they met for the first time.

dLnLev1.jpg&key=4dafcff967ba4e8b11580cf7

The other scene I think it was after their first met, they were already friends. I think Dan was being abused or something worse and of course was running from it. And in his way he meet LYS again. I kind of want to think that they had a "secret spot". I think he told LYS in this day about what is happening with him and that's why she tried to cheer him up.
KQCbMYB.jpg&key=0e7d69fb15bcfa72a2ff0f93

After that we have the third flashback and the saddest and I do not think we will have the answer to that so soon. It was when Dan was running alone, desperatelly, and fell. I think it's the image we saw in the flashback where he is drowning. Maybe he died there or maybe not (I do not want to think that the writers killed a child in a drama). But what I am interested to know is: why LYS is acting like she did not know anything about this boy? Like she lose some of her memories, or maybe she did not lose any memories, but the memories is sad so she choose to not remember? kqj7HQ4.png&key=d7fa1e0317cd4b6adddda040

Edit:

Now I realized  we also have one third scenario where maybe LYS and Dan meet (or not). I did not realized that we also have LYS in a third clothing.  I did not find the picture but it's where she is walking with an umbrella (there is two different clothes, one is the photo I already showed in the post and the second one she is wearing a dress).

There's a local film from where I'm from where the guy was in a coma but his soul roamed around. It sounds plausible albeit unlikely. 

As for JKW's punishment, my theory was he abandoned God for Matil. But it wasn't just about abandoning Him. He didn't give God the chance to grant him and Matil the love they deserved. He simply gave up on the mission and thought since God was all-knowing, he'd understand and just let them walk away. And when he was confronted by the archangels, he had the audacity to question God and his intentions. 

Ok, I'm rambling. Lol can't wait for Wednesday!!! 

50 minutes ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

I did not watch LFG, but I saw the synopse and I do not think it would be similar.
____
I do not know if anybody else mentioned that, but we have three different flashback with the kids. When we see the pictures, we can see the kids were with different clothes in the flashback. If you see this picture and the trailer we can see that LYS was passing by and she saw Dan. But in the trailer we also can see that Dan was acting like he is falling. So I think LYS saw that and ran at him to help him. And that's how they met for the first time.

The other scene I think it was after their first met, they were already friends. I think Dan was being abused or something worse and of course was running from it. And in his way he meet LYS again. I kind of want to think that they had a "secret spot". I think he told LYS in this day about what is happening with him and that's why she tried to cheer him up.

After that we have the third flashback and the saddest and I do not think we will have the answer to that so soon. It was when Dan was running alone, desperatelly, and fell. I think it's the image we saw in the flashback where he is drowning. Maybe he died there or maybe not (I do not want to think that the writers killed a child in a drama). But what I am interested to know is: why LYS is acting like she did not know anything about this boy? Like she lose some of her memories, or maybe she did not lose any memories, but the memories is sad so she choose to not remember? 

Edit:

Now I realized  we also have one third scenario where maybe LYS and Dan meet (or not). I did not realized that we also have LYS in a third clothing.  I did not find the picture but it's where she is walking with an umbrella (there is two different clothes, one is the photo I already showed in the post and the second one she is wearing a dress).

Not talking about the whole story but the fact that KSH is not a ghost but actually lying in a coma in hospital for years. Not a ghost but actually a soul wandering. 

Can they show a repeat in an other show I wonder? 

17 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

What if Dan Yeon first proper kiss happens in the same spot where they hugged in rain. It would be great. Kinda like The Notebook.

New are expecting too much, aren’t we? 

If they just do an open mouth kiss that’s enough. 

What if by Monday they release kiss stills?! Usually they tend to release such spoilers. If they don’t then meaning ... we can only hope. 

Archived