[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

I don't know if it was only me but when I was watching the preview for the first time and saw them walking towards the ship and the river, I immediately realized something wrong was going to happen. I was like: don't go there! Nothing good has ever happened by a Korean river. They are filled with bodies and the tears of kdrama leads (main and second leads included) who dared to venture there.

ky3YAla.jpg

Also notice, how once again Dan will save YS from falling into water, breaking her fall, just like on that bridge, just like she saved him when they were children. And in today's episode, we got even more connection between the OTP and the water. It's not only that YS saved Dan from falling into the sea, it's where they spent their time together. It's their special place. I hope they will return to that beach and remake the sad moment from today, making happy memories there instead, after the place was "polluted" by JKW's presence ;).

And how beautiful is the fact that just like YS used to be Dan's light in the darkness, his hope, in the past, now it's Dan's turn to be hers?

You know somewhere along the way, this show has become the centre of my life, anf frankly, I think it just might have been a love at first sight.ZyBLOac.jpg8Fi3ua8.jpg

Spoiler

9a1WoUz.jpgkRP97Yz.jpgL016M0j.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nymeria289 said:

I have been wondering something though. What is God's agenda here? Do not be offended people, speaking just in the context of the drama. He had appointed an angel once to find love for a women named Matilda or for some other reason related to Matilda. That angel fell in love with her and Matilda died. Now after ages, Dan meets another girl who either is a doppelganger or is a reincarnation of Matilda named Yeon Seo. Dan was once a human sharing a special bond with Yeon Seo and that pure connection still remains rooted in his heart. He is instantly drawn to her in her peril, saves her, breaks every rule of haeven and is again appointed to find her love. Is it really a surprise here that Dan is falling for Yeon Seo hard or she for him. What sort test of loyality and devotion is this, very cruel one. And how does this end in happiness for any one of them? 

BTW Dan was human once so he died at some point... How? Why? YS will discover this truth? Their childhood story is not completed yet so hope writer will bring out the whole picture.:sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I'd like to give huge kudos to SHS's stylist because I haven't loved a female lead's wardrobe as much as I love YS's in a long time. I adore everything she wears. The white dress from the preview is sublime. Elegant and simple and YS looks like a vision in it. A true goddess.

Cheers to that! I agree. 

8 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I have been wondering something though. What is God's agenda here? Do not be offended people, speaking just in the context of the drama. He had appointed an angel once to find love for a women named Matilda or for some other reason related to Matilda. That angel fell in love with her and Matilda died. Now after ages, Dan meets another girl who either is a doppelganger or is a reincarnation of Matilda named Yeon Seo. Dan was once a human sharing a special bond with Yeon Seo and that pure connection still remains rooted in his heart. He is instantly drawn to her in her peril, saves her, breaks every rule of haeven and is again appointed to find her love. Is it really a surprise here that Dan is falling for Yeon Seo hard or she for him. What sort test of loyality and devotion is this, very cruel one. And how does this end in happiness for any one of them? 

This is a very interesting point. 

Did Matil die because JKW made a vow of love to her in front of God, or for some other reason? 

I hope we learn that JKW was not really a good angel in the past. And not just because he fell in love. 

Otherwise, history is just going to repeat itself and it would paint God in a very strict and not very good light. And it would surely make one question the writer's intentions. 

12 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

This is a very interesting point. 

Did Matil die because JKW made a vow of love to her in front of God, or for some other reason? 

I hope we learn that JKW was not really a good angel in the past. And not just because he fell in love. 

Otherwise, history is just going to repeat itself and it would paint God in a very strict and not very good light. And it would surely make one question the writer's intentions. 

Do they have to paint God in a good light though? I remember Goblin had a whimsical God who was doing things as he wishes...maybe that is the route they are going here.

3 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Do they have to paint God in a good light though? I remember Goblin had a whimsical God who was doing things as he wishes...maybe that is the route they are going here.

Yeah I don't know. I guess we'll learn more about the God portrayed here as the story goes on. I really want more backstory on JKW. Already things are a little different since Dan was once human (different from the Bible, that is). 

I think the best we can hope for is Dan to somehow be granted life as a human again. But if they pull some City of Angels BS....yeah...

I think those earrings YS received from her aunt make YS dizzy. They will probably make some high frequency sound. It's another murder attempt. The aunt is probably getting desperate since YS demanded that she returns Fantasia to her.

nMss1d8.pngxuGzvdB.png

Just saw the clips on Youtube and waiting for subtitles.

JKW's story is such a twist! He was an angel and wanting to become human. Wow. :scream: So now here's my question, he's immortal living on earth, right? He stayed to look for his Matilda look alike LYS.

58 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think those earrings YS received from her aunt make YS dizzy. They will probably make some high frequency sound. It's another murder attempt. The aunt is probably getting desperate since YS demanded that she returns Fantasia to her.

Man! I swear her aunt is one evil B***** 

Like seriously you want Fantasia that bad to be going beyond all this just to get it. Geezzz Ahjumma! 

I'm sorry, she just played the character soo well that we all hate her. :D

7 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I don't want to speculate right now on whether we will have a happy or sad ending. 

I inevitably always want a happy ending because that's just how I am. So if I knew the ending would be sad, I would probably not even start watching. But then I'd miss out on a beautiful show. Soooo, I will choose just to not think about it! 

I am in a battle with myself! I do not want a sad ending, I think I cannot handle it!

Btw since it’s Shin Hye Sun’s drama, I can’t guarantee happy ending myself. 

Her track record is ... 

In one show, she kept the guy at arms length till the very last second of the show  ... In another, she dies with him .... In an other, she dies without him ...Two happy endings so far. :lol:

Oh, she died in the middle of this one. 

10 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Oh my I read that as "before the next episode" 

I was about to be like

You won’t believe this: But I actually wrote that first. Then changed it to Next Week. 

I’m like it’s impossible. 

7 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Btw since it’s Shin Hye Sun’s drama, I can’t guarantee happy ending myself. 

Her track record is ... 

In one show, she kept the guy at arms length till the very last second of the show  ... In another, she dies with him .... In an other, she dies without him ...Two happy endings so far. :lol:

Oh, she died in the middle of this one. 

Not gonna bother about the track record.

Yeon-seo and Dan MUST stay happily ever after together in the end whether he becomes a human or remains an angel. Or even dying together is my happy ending. I just need them to be together in life or in death.

I will be carrying this faith and hope through the whole show. And I'm hopeful of a happy ending :)

GIFMaker.org_WXoPY6.gif

Her dancing is the most beautiful thing 

I am not surprised he was touched 

B7D5BA3C-0C22-4192-822F-106BA78D8378.gif

and bring all these emotions to surface

GIFMaker.org_nEkLCv.gif

I can’t wait for sub :wub: newbie at thread , finally addicted to these two . 

I want to praise Shin Haesun for her acting skills. The woman KJW liked feels like a totally different person from YS :w00t: 

13 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I can’t wait for sub :wub: newbie at thread , finally addicted to these two . 

Subs are already out ;)

It's on fastdrama 

"It was about 15 years ago. There was this angel who was in charge of art. He took on the human form... and was given a mission... to inspire artists."

Today's episode confirmed that KJW fell in love with Matilde 15 years ago, so I think the reincarnation theory is once and for all refuted. He believed that is was the deity who made him meet with her (that it was destiny) so after she died, it's likely that he holds a grudge against the deity. Furthermore, JKW is extremely curious about Dan judging from the fact that he follows him to the church. The look he has when he looks at the church, it really does seem like he holds a grudge and blames the deity for Matilde's death. I have a sneaking suspicion that he will realize who Dan really is sooner or later because he is literally the only one who has enough information to make the connection - he lived through the same experience.

Spoiler

7rTjkQ0.pngQWZ2dqB.png

"I barely managed to get you this far. I just need to put you on the stage. Then, I can keep my promise to you. But how could you kiss a mere secretary?"

This is extremely worrying and all sorts of wrong, hell, it's obsessive and possesive, controlling and utterly toxic. I don't think JKW is a completely bad person, just yet, but he is projecting his hopes, wants and ambitions on YS. Actually, it appears he feels entitled to her life, body and future and that definitely is not love. I think JKW's mistake might have been that he couldn't accept his lover's death and in that way couldn't accept her life and sacrifice for him, because death is also a natural part of a human life., and now he even "believes" other person is her. No wonder, he interred her body at a buddhist temple because buddhists believe in reincarnation. He just can't accept she is dead. On the other hand, there is Dan who meddled with YS's fate and saved her but I think that the difference there is that it's part of the human nature to fight fate and try saving someone at a great cost - it's one of our greatest strengths but also weaknesses.

"No angel knows how (to become a human)"

This just might be the clue that there might be a happy ending because it sounds like there is really a way for an angel to become a human; however, no angel discovered it yet. I think Dan will be the one to find it. My guess is that it might be because he accepts everything about YS - her strengths, her weaknesses, her temper, but also her decisions,... - and that his love is unselfish, he is ready to give her up if it means her happiness. Finally, another aspect might be that he will be ready to sacrifice his life for few weeks of happiness with her, considering self-sacrifice is a huge motive in all religions. However, all these are merely theories. Let's see where the story will take us.

WUJzx3H.png

Archived