[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

Judging from the preview material we have, my prediction for the next episode is that once the kiss stops, both YS and Dan will be fidgeting, nervous and before they can say anything it'll start to rain and Dan, fearing his wings and his identity will be revealed, runs away leaving YS alone where JKW will find her crying. Dan will be so rattled by the kiss to the extent that he will go drinking alcohol again and get slightly drunk at the restaurant (you can spot a bottle of soju on the table there) where he will meet JKW. In the morning, he will argue with YS as seen in the previews and the rest of the episode will focus on YS's ballet training. 

I'm really curious who will be the first to realize that Dan always disappears whenever it rains - whether it will be YS or JKW.

N7HepUZ.png

Spoiler

hDPUlol.png

lT5Af7i.png

Spoiler

Rtp4Vu3.pngJRjRi6n.png

SAq59aX.png

Spoiler

22thuok.pngjvIE5tG.pngbYQCzVL.pngVHFn2rC.pngKqaIsRG.pngmXACv0m.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realised everyone here has been gushing over the kiss bts that nobody cares about no subs!? :lol: I want to know what all those words/captions are saying though. :P Anyone can translate?

34 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I just realised everyone here has been gushing over the kiss bts that nobody cares about no subs!? :lol: I want to know what all those words/captions are saying though. :P Anyone can translate?

I say AMEN. LOL 

38 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I already last night read. I was half asleep I think.

He said “Cheers to that look in your eyes” :wub:

12 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

They must have did quite a number of takes for this scene. Notice the different times when there's a blanket on Hyesun's lap and when there's not. :P The final one with the lip movement was clearly a rehearsal. :w00t:

@immorethant same here... was waiting too see their reactions after that final take. Then KBS cut off the video :crazy:

No, the final one was not a rehearsal. They were filming - you can notice the crew holding microphones, reflectors, cameras,... they are all shooting and then at the end, someone says "Done/OK". Actually, none of the takes featuring the kiss were a rehearsal - they were really filming. The reason why SHS doesn't have a blanket in the first take is because they were filming a long shot - her legs needed to be bare because they would be seen from that angle -  while in the final take she has blanket over her legs because it was a close-up shot. I think they must have filmed this scene in April when the nights were still really cold since the crew members are wearing winter jackets.

nkn8hx7.png

Spoiler

RSncjXH.png

eODoNVZ.png

Spoiler

i31liV0.png

By the way, I think that from 0:24-0:32, SHS and KMS are rehearsing the reaction which follows after the kiss. It's a tiny sneak peek at what will happen on Wednesday 

ikp5JsO.png

I know its a bit far fetched but I would love it if our fierce Yeon Seo tries to make Dan jealous and try to seduce him a little just to push his buttons now. Dan maybe all determined in the preview but Yeon Seo stirs something inside or else our super bad at matchmaking but by assignment cupid angel would not have dived in for that kiss. What say pals, yayy or nay for a sexy Yeon Seo trying to get some sort of reaction out of Dan using some seductive moves. Imagine uri Dan below :lol:

E4dLtp0.gif

Credit: to ownee

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

BTS Eng sub.  

Credit and big thank to owner.

Irresistible

It almost seems that it’s only Yeon Seo who is affected by their physical intimacy since Dan is always so comfortable with touching her and being affectionate with her. However, there were three times when he was utterly rattled by her touch like a deer in the headlights and since it’s usually the other way around, it’s nice to see a similar reaction from Dan, as well. First, when he saved her on that bridge and it’s actually really poignant that he’ always the first to initiate physical contact with YS because he had been the one who touched her first on that rainy night. Being utterly fascinated by her, he reached out his hand and caressed her cheek and in that moment it was her tear which caused that he could suddenly touch her. And Dan, the angel who couldn’t be touched even by the rain (notice, that while YS is completely drenched, he isn’t wet at all), touched a human.

OX11pKm.jpg

The second time it happens, it’s when Yeon Seo grabs his wings which makes Dan completely freak out. And judging how angry he was with her when she told him that they were ugly and she would burn them, it’s obvious that those wings, angel’s wings, are extremely special to him - they allow him to fly, they shielded her from harm, they are an integral part of him, they define him,… While Dan is in the human world, he gets occasionally touched by others, but it’s pretty obvious that no one has ever touched his wings except for YS and that it must be a very intimate experience. It’s actually something I would love to see much more.

DcEAUAx.jpg

And finally, when YS accidentally “kisses” him. Until then, the only physical contact she initiated was holding Dan’s arm for support and as that incident with his wings showed, just like YS, Dan is not really used to being touched and when she gives him that kiss he is as affected by her touch as she is by his.

It’s also interesting to notice the gradual change of Dan’s reactions when Yeon Seo touches him. On the bridge, he steps back and retreats in shock; in the living room, he pins her down on the sofa and stops her from touching him; and then, when she accidentally kisses him, he reciprocates and kisses her back.

Yef1os0.jpg

So I had a thought when I looked at this photo...

I would love to see KD dance or perform with LYS as their last farewell or as their reunion! For instance, have them perform together and then he disappears or when they reunite, KD secretly wears a face mask to perform and suprise her. She'll find out and we get a teary LYS and a passionate kiss from KD! That'll be the most iconic scene if they put that in the drama. PD nim, hope you read this! ^_^

a67e067e-33fa-4989-9f8f-45b0b3da7e0b-ori

Tempted

Dan’s (un)inspired plans to set his client up with a fallen angel, the ballet art director, just keep getting thwarted by Yeon Seo herself and his own heart and I’m all for it because love is not something you can command, control or plan. It suddenly appears and destroys even the best laid out plans. Love doesn’t care for schedules or missions. Even though Dan spent the better part of the episode pushing YS together with KJW, the moment her lips accidently touch his he is completely under her spell and succumbs to the temptation. There is nothing celestial or angelic about the way Dan looks at Yeon Seo - it’s raw, intense and utterly human. He acts on pure instinct because in that moment he just can’t resist her. He looks at her with this incredibly intense longing and simply goes for that kiss, listening to his heart and body instead of his brain.

W2kY6HK.jpg

In my previous posts, I wrote about how everything that happened until now happened because Dan’s own curiosity and emotions got the better of him, it all happened out of his free will - he didn’t have to follow YS in that park, but he wanted to, he didn’t have save her that night, but he wanted to, nor did he have to kiss her. He kissed her because he wanted to. I think that these aspects of one’s wants, needs and free will are extremely important for the whole story and this scene, as well, because at the very beginning of their little picnic there was a huge emphasis put on the fact that YS and Dan are not drinking alcohol; a substance which influences the decision-making and behaviour of people. They kisses each other because they desired it.

WpKTr8V.jpg

I think my body is the issue…When I hear her criticisms, my blood pressure skyrockets. But when I feel closer to her, my face itches. 

That kiss is the culmination of all those stolen looks, gentle touches, near-kisses and dances under the moon. While Dan was watching human couples he observed them with a pensive, melancholic and slightly resigned look, very similar to the one he has when he’s watching YS from afar. Does he feel regret, that YS would kiss another man? A hint of envy or jealousy, perhaps? Or does he wonder how it would feel like if he kissed her himself? I think the thought of kissing YS has been on Dan’s mind since the moment that little girl interrupted them in the park. And even though he doesn’t yet understand it, deep down Dan is already aware that both his heart and body react to Yeon Seo, that he is very much affected by her nearness.

hrcMmf1.jpg

Archived