[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

4 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this thread. I just binge watched the first 6 episodes and I am loving KD's character of how straight foward her is to LYS. Really looking forward to tomorrow's episodes.

I seriously hate the aunt and the family, they are just evil and I'm sorry, but Ni Na is just stupid in my opinion. She's soo frustrating and she deserve Yeon Seo saying all those things to her.

At first I thought that JKW was like an old friend of LYS, but after today's episodes of them meeting, he's starting to scared me of who is he. I'm like going with "Is he human?" Lol.

Welcome to the thread. Hope you have fun here. :) 

JKW is a stalker! I’m pretty sure that video on the screen is YS’s (I don’t know why that blurry shirt resembles the one YS was wearing when she was doing ballet on the railing). Maybe not. Since both Ni Na and him love stalking, they deserve each other. They can spend time stalking each other instead. Thank God, they got it over with him confessing he likes her ... My girl totally ignored him. Haha

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Welcome to the thread. Hope you have fun here. :) 

JKW is a stalker! I’m pretty sure that video on the screen is YS’s (I don’t know why that blurry shirt resembles the one YS was wearing when she was doing ballet on the railing). Maybe not. Since both Ni Na and him love stalking, they deserve each other. They can spend time stalking each other instead. Thank God, they got it over with him confessing he likes her ... My girl totally ignored him. Haha

Thank you. Very excited to see what lies within this drama. :)

The stalking thing. Lol! I didn't think that far about it. Now you're making sense. He be having videos of YS and he keeps talking to someone on the phone about her. It's like someone's watching over her for him, too.

Just finished watching today's episode.  

Don't squash me but I have an opinion that may be quite unpopular: 

Spoiler

it could just be due to the direction but I'm sensing some.....oh, I don't have a better word for it.....over-acting.  SHS is a powerful actress but she's pushing really hard (sometimes too hard) in this role, and L seems overwhelmed in trying to keep up so that some of his acting is a bit over-the-top. 

I've seen and liked both of them in other roles where they were able to be give more subtle and nuanced performances, so I know they are each capable of so much more.  And I'm hoping that there's an improvement on this show as things go on.   But there's so much in this show (not just the leads but with other things, too, like the aunt who is obviously batcrap crazy) that feels forced.

Apologies to those who didn't wanna hear this.  

Let the fan festa continue.

giphy.gif Slapstick?

99CA7C4D5CEF3EAF17

Now, in contrast, like ballet, this is much more refined, yes, @thistle ?? No over-acting here, LoL.

img.gif

This was epic. Love how by now Yeon-Seo is merely using Dan as an arm-buddy although she clearly doesn't really need him to get around.:phew: So cute, her right arm wrapping around his left elbow almost as an afterthought.

33 minutes ago, thistle said:

It's all good. I am enjoying the physical comedy a LOT. But please do feel completely free to speak your mind here @thistle - as in just about all soompi threads, this forum is safe for all opinions and critiques expressed respectfully and sincerely.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

JKW is a stalker! I’m pretty sure that video on the screen is YS’s (I don’t know why that blurry shirt resembles the one YS was wearing when she was doing ballet on the railing). Maybe not.

52 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

The stalking thing. Lol! I didn't think that far about it. Now you're making sense. He be having videos of YS and he keeps talking to someone on the phone about her. It's like someone's watching over her for him, too.

I think @kokkuri33 called it first? I think JKW might be a fallen angel who desires to possess Yeon-Seo for himself and her soul, too. His telling Nina to "behave selfishly, above all else, you yourself are the most important" I had thought it at first as something he was doing as the great ballet director who will elevate not only Yeon-Seo but NiNa to new levels of artistry, but if you read into it a more theological bent (as @larrysouth may have touched on), it may be more of an offer of a Faustian bargain for NiNa and her soul, too - i.e., there's more to the angel, fallen angel, life and death realm than mere love, ballet and artistry - there is the struggle between good and evil, and I don't know if the writer will go there or keep it more light-hearted.

We can guess from the script writer's hints thru Angel Dan's last report (quoted in entirety on page 1)

A cold-hearted woman and an inexperienced, immature angel meet,
(and) in the face of unexpected tragedy and perilous trials,
(I want) to tell the lofty (noble) story of choosing to forsake all for the sole (benefit of the) other.
No matter how that story ends,
(I want) to dream (imagine) of people who can be angels to one another thru such love.

I believe the drama will certainly, inevitably get to the cost of what Dan or Yeon-Seo or anyone else has to 'pay' in choosing for this elusive love (as explained by @larrysouth and @briseis ?) that we speak of, which is still taking shape as the story unfolds.:phew:

Thank God, they got it over with him confessing he likes her ... My girl totally ignored him. Haha

Haha, that was true, until she found out that he's the one who held her hand in the car crash and held her brooch in safekeeping too. And now??:phew::unsure:-_-

@turtle0217 @jakey09 Strangely, I don't think that JKW is creepy. I have the impression that he is the one who will help her, where Mr. Jo failed. Notice that he was the only one who decided to investigate the incident with the chandelier. KD is definitely too naive. Sure, the artistic director is doing it for someone else's sake (person from the video). I guess, LYS's dance reminds him of the person who danced in the video he was watching. However, JKW has every right to find KD suspicious. Fact is that he didn't see that KD saved her life.

As for Ni Na and her father, I have to say that their "good heart" is actually the reason why LYS has been targeted. If the father was decent, he should have reported his discovery to the police: the brakes from the car have been tampered. Instead, he thinks that organizing a party  and acting like a family are his ways to make amends!!! It was as if all this will make LYS forget what happened in the past. This is really stupid and shameless. In the end, he helps his wife one more time. Ni Na is not realizing what her sister is doing behind her back. Like the mother, like the daughter. Both are just so scheming. I have the impression that RN is the one involved in the chandelier incident and the spot incident where LYS lost her sight. It is the same MO, while the car accident with Mr. Jo reminds me of the car accident with LYS's parents. I sense that we have two perpetrators. 

KD and LYS were both wrong, when they quarreled... KD has not realized what kind of people the aunt and the cousins are. He is not aware of the seriousness of the "accidents". He is definitely naive... On the other hand, LYS's behavior is just terrible, even towards KD. He was right that a 5 years old child can behave better than she does.

I also think that LYS will have KD arrested because she will realize that he was the man from the bench: the handkerchief and the diary (where he wrote about her rip) ... It will make him look like a pervert. However, KD won't stay long at the police station.  

I still can’t write anything long.

My head keep playing the 2 OST songs and yesterday’s scenes over and over.

But really enjoy reading all analysis and thoughts in this thread :):wub: 

Ok, YS just fired him.

I will write him an email checking if he’s interested for job interview. 

I want to shine brightly too.

kimdan@goodmission.com

He graduated from Korea University (한국대학교), major in secretarial (비서학 전공) :w00t: 

Found this in Korean's career net (http://www.career.go.kr) about aptitude of who's interested to study in this department.

Interest and aptitude

• In order to enter a secretarial department, you need to be careful, devoted and caring about helping others

He's the right guy ! :blush:

GeRGmqX.jpg

Spoiler

Made me recall this.

8juddzf.jpg

3Fpiz5Zr.jpg

6 hours ago, thistle said:

Just finished watching today's episode.  

Reveal hidden contents

it could just be due to the direction but I'm sensing some.....oh, I don't have a better word for it.....over-acting.  SHS is a powerful actress but she's pushing really hard (sometimes too hard) in this role, and L seems overwhelmed in trying to keep up so that some of his acting is a bit over-the-top. 

I've seen and liked both of them in other roles where they were able to be give more subtle and nuanced performances, so I know they are each capable of so much more.  And I'm hoping that there's an improvement on this show as things go on.   But there's so much in this show (not just the leads but with other things, too, like the aunt who is obviously batcrap crazy) that feels forced.

Apologies to those who didn't wanna hear this.  

Let the fan festa continue.

That’s ok but I think you may be thinking/analyzing too much. It happens sometimes. :ph34r:

Ugh. That lantern scene ... why with him! 

Morning y’all. I have to stalk this thread for today! lol! 

Because he's the second lead ya! And a legit human being lol.:P

Go get some sleep girl :D Good night at my side of the world.

Good morning everyone! Hi @turtle0217 my chingu! 

So I haven't had the chance to watch yesterday's ep with subs yet nor read through all the new posts (hopefully I'll be able to later today)...anyways, I am going to try and recap if this live stream of mine works :) let's seeeee

Morning. Angel Dan wakes up on a bench outside after his drunken dancing escapades last night. He remembers what happened and curses himself. Suddenly he looks up at the police are there. He's being arrested. I have no idea for what but it's definitely YS who is having him arrested. She lets him speak to her before he's taken away. He's pleading what did I do basically. She's standing coldly explaining it to him. Ahh I wish I understood. Oh flashback from night before after he began passing out outside...I think she asked him about the handkerchief. He ran his mouth too much. So I think she thinks he's stalking her or whatever. Back to present. Angel Dan is still trying to defend himself. To no avail. Poor Angel Dan. Lol.

Now he's at the police station trying to plead his case to them. But he most likely is running his mouth too much again and making it worse for himself.

Back at the mansion, YS is trying to pack up Angel Dan's things but the woman head of staff lady (I need a better name for her what is her name anyways lol) is unpacking it. She's trying to convince YS to keep him aboard. She's having a change of heart, remembering all the moments with him and how he saved her from the chandelier and stuff. Nevermind she's not changing her mind. Not yet at least.

Awww, she covered him and then realized who he was, suspected he was a spy and let him be arrested, luckily Mrs. Butler is Dan's stan and total shipper. Basically, spinning a story and suggesting that Dan must be in love with YS.

eciMlF0.jpgDJmj4F3.jpgmuKHTSr.jpg

Spoiler

ziQrope.jpgwf27EPT.jpg

Angel Dan has been released by police and is at the church trying to re-enter. Lol he's done with this human stuff I guess lol. But his boss (now disguised as a priest) isn't letting him in. Now he's pretending to be understanding of Angel Dan and is laughing with him, but then stops laughing and flicks the Angel back off the church steps. The boss man disappears back in the church.

Angel Dan is back on the streets. A whole bunch of little ballerina girls run up to the food stand he's at. He hears the ballet teachers/moms talking about YS. He listens in. Not sure what is said but it's making him think about her I'm sure. 

Scene at ballet company. All the dancers are huddled around talking about the new ballet/cast/what not. JKW artistic director possibly non human definitely stalker man walks in. He's being all kinds of serious. The dancers begin dancing for him. Wait I missed something. I think evil sister interrupted him and now he's in a meeting with ballet company board members maybe? He's getting angered by what is being said. I heard evil aunt mention YS but not sure. Drama drama. Now he's having a face off with evil sister in the hallway. 

NiNa is outside the mansion. She's cursing herself why she is there, she has to be crazy. Lolol omg Angel Dan ran into her. Then they both heard YS's voice. They were taking turns hiding from her :joy:

They both successfully hid from her and are laughing about it now. Angel Dan's stomach growls. NiNa takes him out to eat. Almost certain they're talking about YS. Think NiNa speaks kindly of her. 

Back at mansion, YS is having a meeting with staff members. Not sure what's going on. One of the staffers is offering her something? A bunch of envelopes or something? Or maybe they all resigned? Honestly I don't know, but all the staffers walked away sulking. Ms. Butler (I like that @briseis) talks to her some. But she walks off.

So she's outside walking around. Acting all thoughtful. She must not be able to see well still, right? Cause she's using her cane as a seeing eye cane it seems unless she's just using it to walk? She goes to pick up her doggy (what's the doggy's name again?) and the vet tech lady recognizes her as a ballet dancer. It seems to get her thinking and she ends up going to the ballet company and watching their rehearsals. The dancers seems to greet her. She stands next to JKW and says something and walks off. He chases after her. Outside they are sharing more words. They are arguing now. She appears to take out money and throw it at him. Starts to walk away again. He grabs her arm and yelling at her. She isn't backing down whatever it is she told him. 

Angel Dan is walking around. He ends up same place that JKW and YS were just arguing. He sees what's on the ground. Actually think it's a bunch of checks for a lot of money. He's like "wow" to himself. Then he hears car horns honking. He sees that JKW has stopped his car in the middle of the road to try and talk to YS. But YS has ordered a taxi and gets in that inside. 

Angel Dan walks up and greets JKW. 

Meanwhile, YS arrives back at home. It's nighttime now. Just as she arrives, a delivery person rides up on a bike and hands her a big envelope. 

YS is inside and gets  a phone call from evil aunt. Evil aunt is having a bonfire at her house and she's burning all the documents she stole from YS's house. Her husband is helping her what the ...... I thought he was a good guy? Guess not. Anyways evil aunt and YS exchanging nasty words over the phone. Maybe this will be the motivation for YS to start dancing again...anger at her "family"

Archived