[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@briseis Great analysis :wub: and I would like to add another observation. cr. to @briseis g9B8Mao.jpg

What caught my attention in the fall of KD in the past (childhood memories) is that the way the fall happened. It looks to me like something "natural". They are outside and when KD is in the water, he is on his own. From my point of view, it looks like a real tragedy, something happened and as humans, they have no control over such things. I would describe the incident in the past like a natural tragedy. However, LYS decided to change it (first picture). It was as if she was defying fate and deity.  Therefore her gesture to rescue KD could be perceived as such: LYS might have not been a real angel back then but she acted like one.

Now, if we compare these scenes to LYS's own tragedies, we can notice the contrast. First I would like to analyse the accident where she became blind. Notice that the light above her head explodes so that thousand of glass shards are falling down. The falling of shards reminds me of the rain. Now, the cullet looks a lot like a rain drop, but it is an "artificial" rain drop.   

image.pngimage.png

Then, if we pay attention to the third incident, we see again another artificial rain. First, the chandelier looks as if it was made of thousand of rain drops. Secondly, before the chandelier fell, a window was broken and on the floor, LYS saw the glass shards mixed with rain drops which made her paralyzed. The fact that the culprit broke a window and let the rain enter the house, makes me think that the betrayer wanted to create an incident that looked more "natural". As conclusion, the use of glass in order to hurt LYS is an indication that these "tragedies" are not natural but planned by a human. They are "artificial" tragedies, controlled by humans, but these latter try to copy "natural, real" tragedies.

@thistle  

Wow Im now watching 3 Wed-Thu dramas (this, Her Private Life and Absolute Boyfriend). I love that the female lead is the cold and arrogant one while the male lead is the cute and bubbly one. Dan talking to himself is so funny. I read a comment on YT that the rain might be the cause of the sudden appearance of his wings. After that childhood flashback, I remembered the story of the 2nd couple from 49 days. I hope they dont have the same ending.

@Ni Wen According to this news 

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/05/345332/

the ending scenes that angle Dan protected Yeon-Seo of episode 3-4 reached highest rating of 10.2% (although average rating is 6.6% and 8.6%) 

So I think KBS will organize event to thank you audience (and to boost raring).

1)  Ep 5-8  proof photo ** open event 

Time On May 27th (Mon)  at 10 a.m. 

KBS drama official facebook  (https://www.facebook.com/KBSdrama/

Sweepstakes : Drama posteds , leaflets with actors' autograph 

** proof photo (본방사수 인증샷) - I think normally it's kind of you capture photo of TV or mobile screen to show that you're watching the program.  Probably KBS will post the rules of this event at 10 am Monday and then on Wed-Thu let audience upload their proof photos of them watching ep 5-8 to win the prize later.

2) Ep 1-4 non-televised video released.

Time :  On May 27th (Mon) at 12 p.m.

On "Angel's Last Mission Love" Naver TV channel.

So this coming Monday , please be ready to watch new video again :love:

And I really love this comical acting from KMS .   So funny and cute.  :joy::innocent::kiss_wink:

Dan5fDP.gif

7Ek0ZpB.gif

Yes !  Our angel, you rock ! 

XLK1CZk.gif

credit from twitter

@_dinahthecat 

@Ltheflower

@EteruART twitter

Does that mean romance between our Ballerina and Dan is what attracting audience? 

I hope KBS keeps this in mind.

I wonder how many episodes they have shot so far? In case they have to make any adjustments for ratings. 

13 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Does that mean romance between our Ballerina and Dan is what attracting audience? 

I hope KBS keeps this in mind.

I wonder how many episodes they have shot so far? In case they have to make any adjustments for ratings. 

I hope they don't make adjustments for ratings.  I always believe adjustments spoil the original story/script. 

14 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I hope they don't make adjustments for ratings.  I always believe adjustments spoil the original story/script. 

I hope so too. That’s true. Channel tends to interfere and ruin most of the times. But personally, I have my feet in both boats this time because of the writer. I’m anxious and nervous about the writer. :lol:

I hope they do whatever’s best. 

@immorethant 

What’s non-televised video release? Cuts that didn’t make it to the episodes? 

@Ni Wen @thistle @Dramanoona @sassylove @2handsintertwined In one of my former posts, I had written that the writer had embedded the story of the ballet Swan Lake in the K-drama. First, LYS was still called Odette. Another parallel with the ballet is that due to the terrible accident, LYS's temper had changed so much that she was no longer seen as an angel, rather as a spoiled, ill-mannered and cold-hearted woman. The huge change in her personality could be perceived as the curse in the ballet. Odette is cursed to turn into a swan indicating that she is no longer a human but an animal. Therefore in the drama, LYS's lack of empathy and coldness embody perfectly her "inhumanity". She is definitely too rough with her emotions.

What caught my attention is that the new director wants to present a new ballet: Giselle. After reading the summary of this ballet, I started thinking about possible parallels between Giselle and Angel's last mission: Love. I also came to realize that the writer is already giving us clues about the evolution of this K-drama. The male lead disguises his true identity from Giselle. He is a prince and she doesn't know it. Here, KD is an angel but he is hiding his true identity from her. So this real identity will be the reason for the heartbreak of LYS. Secondly, the male lead in the ballet is forced to dance until his death, only thanks to Giselle's true love, the male lead is saved. So in my opinion, LYS will come to love KD so deeply that she will do anything for him. While in the ballet, Giselle and the prince are separated by death, I have the impression that in the K-drama, the opposite will happen. KD might become a real human, since LYS personifying Giselle is not dead but belong to the living world.      

OST Part 1 fan-made video (with scenes from Ep 1-4)  :love::love:

20 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

What’s non-televised video release? Cuts that didn’t make it to the episodes? 

I think they might be some deleted scenes. 

Probably we will see the scenes of SHS's biting, eating, chewing. :P 

2 hours ago, immorethant said:

OST Part 1 fan-made video (with scenes from Ep 1-4)  :love::love:

I think they might be some deleted scenes. 

Probably we will see the scenes of SHS's biting, eating, chewing. :P 

Give me biting anytime!! :lol:

Isn’t anyone curious what Dan did to Mighty Yeon Seo to call him pervert oh so shyly?! :ph34r:

I hope something happened while she was busy getting rid of his wings! :wub: (And director left thinking nobody’s home).

ezgif-1-b43d48cda36e.gif

I just saw the title song - I’m glad in the montage Woo Hee Jin name gets mentioned as well, even though her character wasn’t promoted at all. She is one of my favourite characters (along the lines of Jennifer in Still17). I was worried we wouldn’t see her much. 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Ni Wen @thistle @Dramanoona @sassylove @2handsintertwined In one of my former posts, I had written that the writer had embedded the story of the ballet Swan Lake in the K-drama. First, LYS was still called Odette. Another parallel with the ballet is that due to the terrible accident, LYS's temper had changed so much that she was no longer seen as an angel, rather as a spoiled, ill-mannered and cold-hearted woman. The huge change in her personality could be perceived as the curse in the ballet. Odette is cursed to turn into a swan indicating that she is no longer a human but an animal. Therefore in the drama, LYS's lack of empathy and coldness embody perfectly her "inhumanity". She is definitely too rough with her emotions.

What caught my attention is that the new director wants to present a new ballet: Giselle. After reading the summary of this ballet, I started thinking about possible parallels between Giselle and Angel's last mission: Love. I also came to realize that the writer is already giving us clues about the evolution of this K-drama. The male lead disguises his true identity from Giselle. He is a prince and she doesn't know it. Here, KD is an angel but he is hiding his true identity from her. So this real identity will be the reason for the heartbreak of LYS. Secondly, the male lead in the ballet is forced to dance until his death, only thanks to Giselle's true love, the male lead is saved. So in my opinion, LYS will come to love KD so deeply that she will do anything for him. While in the ballet, Giselle and the prince are separated by death, I have the impression that in the K-drama, the opposite will happen. KD might become a real human, since LYS personifying Giselle is not dead but belong to the living world.      

Thank you for sharing. And thank you for mentioning me :).

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not. Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo really does come to mind first when you watch YS as she bullies her stuff without any care for their problems and feelings. It’s really an inspired move by the writer because LYS is such a wonderful, complex character and after the first two episodes it’s clear that this type of a female protagonist can be as fascinating as any male hero with the right script and actress. Heroines like Yeon Seoo are rare to come across in a kdrama or any Asian drama, really and Shin Hye Sun absolutely slays in this role.

tumblr_ps2uy5GACx1s8t96qo5_r1_540.png

Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult tas for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own.

0Cbc12O.jpg

Yeon Seo doesn’t give a damn about what others think of her or the consequences of her actions and completely lacks any sort of politeness. She doesn’t try to make connections with people or to make them like her. Instead, she thinks the worst and expects the worst from everyone. It’s a defence mechanism. After all the loss and betrayal, YS doesnt want to get close to anyone because she doesn’t want to get hurt by them and she is afraid to lose another person she loves. All that anger, sadness, dignity and pride, those are the only things she is left now; they are the only things keeping her alive. It’s clear that YS is a fighter and a survivor and she lashes out on people first before they come too close and can hurt her. I think that this is the most admirable quality about YS - her willingness to carry on each day, her dogged, stubborn will to keep living and fighting despite all the loss and tragedy; even though a part of her wants to die and finally put an end to the neverending hurt. As he will spend more time with her and come to know her better, Dan will see this strength and hidden vulnerability beneath YS’s armor of ice and spikes and facade of disinterest and pride. Also, after episode 2, I can’t help myself but think that YS sees herself as someone cursed, who brings death to everyone she loves, and that in a way she hates herself, meaning she doesn’t love herself so how could she possibly love someone else?

tumblr_inline_ps2zmb14cf1rhkl0p_540.png

Finally, I want to add that I adore the scene where she stands up to those jerks bullying her in the park. It’s an accurate depiction of a visually impaired person who has had to deal with her disability for 3 years and YS clearly did everything she could to make herself self-sufficient because her pride wouldn’t allow her anything else.

21 hours ago, briseis said:

When it comes to symbolism, kdrama writers usually go for the moon, the sun, stars or flowers; however, in the case of One and Only Love, it’s water.

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In one of my former posts, I had written that the writer had embedded the story of the ballet Swan Lake in the K-drama.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

What caught my attention is that the new director wants to present a new ballet: Giselle. After reading the summary of this ballet, I started thinking about possible parallels between Giselle and Angel's last mission: Love. I also came to realize that the writer is already giving us clues about the evolution of this K-drama. 

:w00t:B):blink::rolleyes::phew:

Wow, this is so awesome that we get so much cool and rich analysis by you guys - it had never occurred to me that the plays mentioned in the drama themselves might hold the clue to the real keys - it's like the released publicity shots and background don't mention those specifically, but the seasoned sleuths among us can provide some possible unmentioned motivations for the inspiration for these stories. I just love it all. Had no idea it could be _this_ fun! Thank you, @briseis and @bebebisous33 of course, and everyone!

Time to brush up on

tumblr_prvn6dRT7A1valxs7o8_r1_1280.jpg

And my goodbye to the blind Yeon-Seo and her cane. I hope her new eyes give her new perspectives to see the beauty around her and all the love she has been receiving all along. :phew:

1 hour ago, briseis said:

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not. Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo really does come to mind first when you watch YS as she bullies her stuff without any care for their problems and feelings. It’s really an inspired move by the writer because LYS is such a wonderful, complex character and after the first two episodes it’s clear that this type of a female protagonist can be as fascinating as any male hero with the right script and actress. Heroines like Yeon Seoo are rare to come across in a kdrama or any Asian drama, really and Shin Hye Sun absolutely slays in this role.

Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult tas for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own.

Yeon Seo doesn’t give a damn about what others think of her or the consequences of her actions and completely lacks any sort of politeness. She doesn’t try to make connections with people or to make them like her. Instead, she thinks the worst and expects the worst from everyone. It’s a defence mechanism. After all the loss and betrayal, YS doesnt want to get close to anyone because she doesn’t want to get hurt by them and she is afraid to lose another person she loves. All that anger, sadness, dignity and pride, those are the only things she is left now; they are the only things keeping her alive. It’s clear that YS is a fighter and a survivor and she lashes out on people first before they come too close and can hurt her. I think that this is the most admirable quality about YS - her willingness to carry on each day, her dogged, stubborn will to keep living and fighting despite all the loss and tragedy; even though a part of her wants to die and finally put an end to the neverending hurt. As he will spend more time with her and come to know her better, Dan will see this strength and hidden vulnerability beneath YS’s armor of ice and spikes and facade of disinterest and pride. Also, after episode 2, I can’t help myself but think that YS sees herself as someone cursed, who brings death to everyone she loves, and that in a way she hates herself, meaning she doesn’t love herself so how could she possibly love someone else?

Finally, I want to add that I adore the scene where she stands up to those jerks bullying her in the park. It’s an accurate depiction of a visually impaired person who has had to deal with her disability for 3 years and YS clearly did everything she could to make herself self-sufficient because her pride wouldn’t allow her anything else.

In other words, if Hae Sun character keeps exciting us like this ... she better get ready to grab her third trophy in a row! :wub:

Archived