[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

How about Park Bo Gum to play "Dan the Angel?" He seems to have the proper visual, age range, acting skills, and popularity level?

I couldn't be happier IF it would be park bo gum acting as the angel :P

27 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I couldn't be happier IF it would be park bo gum acting as the angel :P

In that case, we'll go ahead and cast PBG as ML1, the angel who appears in all 104 episodes.

JCW, after he completes military duty, will be cast as ML2, "Dr. Jang", who appears in episodes #5-104.

Checking early 2019 dramas' synopsis  (data from Soompi drama schedule).

Spoiler

How To Train Your Blind Boss (SBS Apr 2019)  - Kim Young Kwang, Jin Ki Joo

Story of a cold-hearted man finding his true identity and finally starting to properly respect people after losing his sight. The drama will also focus on the romance between this man who doesn’t even respect his parents and his hot-tempered secretary who falls in love with him while deceiving him.

Vagabond (SBS 2019) - Lee Seung Gi, Bae Suzy

Cha Gun (Lee Seung Gi) is top stunt man whose idol is Jackie Chan and he finds himself caught up in national intrigue and terorism after his nephew dies in a plane crash and he becomes a witness to the event.

Ki Tae-Woong (Bae Suzy) is a national security agent whose dad was a top general (now he is deceased). She carries on the family training and she is a highly capable spy. 

Different Dreams (MBC May 2019) - Lee Yo Won, Yoo Ji Tae

Set in Kyungsung, while the country is under Japanese colonial rule, and Shanghai, China.

Lee Young-Jin (Lee Yo Won) is Korean, but she was raised by Japanese people. Lee Young-Jin is now a surgeon, but she becomes an intelligence agent for the provisional government of Korea. She gets involved with turmoil during the Pacific War.

Asadal Chronicles (TVN early 2019) - Song Joong Ki,  Kim Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun

Jang Dong Gun plays Ta Gon, a war hero that leads the city to victory. Song Joong Ki is Eun Sum, who was born with the energy of a blue star that brings disaster, while Kim Ji Won will play Tan Ya, who was also born with the destiny of the same star.

Love Alarm (TVN early 2019 but finish shooting since 2018) - Kim So Hyun, Jung Ga Ram, Song Kang

The youth drama is about a love triangle between a hardworking girl, a prickly boy, and his best friend who’s sweet and perfect (of course), complicated by the existence of a phone app that lets you know if someone in a ten-meter range has a crush on you.

Abyss  (TVN early 2019) - Park Bo Young 

a beautiful female prosecution lawyer and a less attractive guy who are revived through an abyss with completely different looks, twisting their lives and romance. Park Bo Young will play the prosecution lawyer who tries to find out the secrets behind her revival and discovers true love in the process.

Eighteen (JTBC 2019) - Kim Hyangi

Not much information only it's about lives of high school students

Prometheus (No network or casts confirmed) 

The top North Korean scientists on nuclear weapons go missing in a third country. Several countries have vested interest in finding the scientists first. South Korea sends NIS agent Chae Eun-Seo and North Korean defector Park Hoon as a team to find the scientists. In front of them, mysterious girl Song Chae-Yool appears

I found most are about spy or fantasy or teen dramas and some are more focused on male lead's roles.

Nothing much to suit SHS to show her lovely, charming side along with opportunity to present her good acting.

Only 'Abyss' I think it may be fit for her but she will have her thriller movie 'Innocent' this year too.

'How To Train Your Blind Boss' is more or less similar to 'One and Only Love' but I think the handsome angel and blind beautiful chaebol ballerina is more interesting to watch than blind boss with hot-tempered secretary.

I think after finishing '30but17' up to now, probably there's no interesting female lead plot for early 2019 for SHS, so she decide to do movie instead, which has no male-lead. And also as @kokkuri33 said in SHS thread. 

3 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

I think SHS took One and Only b/c she wanted to do a lead role in a May 2019 drama, and this was the best available option.

'One and Only Love' may be the best suitable drama option in 1st half of 2019 for SHS. So I trust her choice and wish this drama will be good and successful. :innocent:

@immorethant :innocent: sweet Angel !

Here's one for you!

And another one for all L fans.

23 hours ago, immorethant said:

I found most are about spy or fantasy or teen dramas and some are more focused on male lead's roles.

Nothing much to suit SHS to show her lovely, charming side along with opportunity to present her good acting.

Only 'Abyss' I think it may be fit for her but she will have her thriller movie 'Innocent' this year too.

'How To Train Your Blind Boss' is more or less similar to 'One and Only Love' but I think the handsome angel and blind beautiful chaebol ballerina is more interesting to watch than blind boss with hot-tempered secretary.

Thank you for your thorough geekly analysis and projections for what we L& SHS fans can anticipate from this pairing.  I love all that you do on all these threads!

Welcome all L (Kim Myung-Soo) fans too!

I updated the top front page with the soompi article announcing official L casting as Angel Dan 단 ! :love:

Wow, so handsome for angel Dan, thank you @meechuttso, it's a pity that Yeon-Soo can't see his face in the drama (but good for SHS to act with him :P).

I think 52 Eps of crying marathon in MGL + 3 sad/suicidal EPs of HoD + 1 thriller movie might cause some deep trauma for our SHS.

Even she already had 16 (long) Eps with YSJ and AHS and a handsome doctor , but she may not be cured completely ( and SBS also took away 3 Eps and her wedding ceremony scene from her:tears:) .

So hopefully this 104 Eps drama with handsome angel L can cure her.

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Is this true? Cannot see any news coverage of this anywhere. However, if true I am definitely not complaining as he is a very excellent actor and would make an interesting love interest for lovely SHS. :wub: :wub:I am actually getting freaking excited for this drama. :D:rolleyes:

@Ni Wen thank you. 

Actually you made my heart stop beating for a moment, at first I read his name as 'Jang Dong-Gun' (sorry for my bad eyes :P).

He also worked with the same director (Lee Jung-Sub) in 'Queen for Seven Days'.

I'm excited too to hear more and more news of good casting like this (yes, there're 104 eps, enough air time for many good actors to join).

6 hours ago, immorethant said:

@Ni Wen thank you. 

Actually you made my heart stop beating for a moment, at first I read his name as 'Jang Dong-Gun' (sorry for my bad eyes :P).

He also worked with the same director (Lee Jung-Sub) in 'Queen for Seven Days'.

I'm excited too to hear more and more news of good casting like this (yes, there're 104 eps, enough air time for many good actors to join).

I would literally scream for joy if it is Jang Dong Gun!  :joy:

Anticipating more casting news. JCW free to cameo? :P

6 hours ago, iffy21 said:

Is this true? Cannot see any news coverage of this anywhere. However, if true I am definitely not complaining as he is a very excellent actor and would make an interesting love interest for lovely SHS

I'm not sure if this is confirmed, saw it from that instagram source. It never came across my mind that he would be SHS's love interest. :lol: Now, L VS Lee Dong Gun, one old and one young, who will win the girl's heart? :P

SPOILER ALERT

EPISODE 103: Lee Yeon Seo thinks she may be developing feelings for a courier (JCW). Dan claims amnesia has caused him to forget his mission. Ji Gang-Woo starts a new relationship with a boxer (Lee Si-Young), despite the revelation of a stunning birth secret.

18 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I have only ever watched him on Foxstar Bride and he drove me out of my wits so I guess he is an effective actor lol

Finally, a real ahjussi for SHS, eh? I dunno but for some reason, I'm more drawn to ahjussis than dongsaengs but I would have preferred Kim Rae Won or Lee Sang Yoon for this role. :tounge_xd:

• 4 weeks later...

Hola! Happy 2019 Everyone! - this is the year of Dan, One & Only Love !

DuvNyuHUcAEZcMW.jpg:large

This thread definitely needs some Love :heart:

Putting the 3 together for a quick visual check. Yes I like it.

Now

This was posted by a 'drama hair stylist' a few days ago. I love that, too! :rolleyes:

Must be a conceptual art material for the drama/story. She says it's the 'first drama of 2019'.:w00t:

Her caption - 차근차근읽고, 예쁜머리들 컨셉잡아서 재밌는 드라마 한번 만들어보십시다 -

means - "read slowly and carefully, get hold of a beautiful hair 'concept', and let's make a fun drama." :phew:

DwT1K1FUUAMme1h.jpg:large

This was from an L fan . I believe it must've been the same early meeting to prepare artistic concepts before the actors come in? Anybody know? No word of whether any actors including L were present.:thumbsup:

I hope this crew has in minds some fantastical celestial transcendental visuals and rapturously auditorily stimulating melodies, too! :innocent: Oh and lots of out of this world HAIR, too! And wings and unicorns and fairies and angels that knock us off our feet! Yes! :w00t:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1294009wpp/lee-dong-gun-joins-infinites-l-shin-hye-sun-upcoming-drama

Lee Dong Gun Joins INFINITE’s L And Shin Hye Sun In Upcoming Drama

Jan 17, 2019

Lee Dong Gun will be joining INFINITE’s Land Shin Hye Sun in the new KBS drama “One and Only Love” (working title)!

“One and Only Love” is a fantasy romance drama about the love story between an angel and a ballerina. Last month, the drama confirmed that L would be starring as the accident-prone, unwaveringly optimistic angel Dan, while Shin Hye Sun will play the role of Lee Yeon Seo, a privileged heiress who is forced to give up her dream of becoming a dancer after losing her eyesight in an accident.

On January 17, “One and Only Love” announced that Lee Dong Gun would be taking on the role of Ji Kang Woo, the youngest artistic director in the history of his ballet company. With his discerning eye and remarkable ability to realize dancers’ potential, Ji Kang Woo is not only the artistic director of a foreign ballet company but a celebrity amongst dancers.

Notably, the upcoming drama will mark the reunion of Lee Dong Gun and producing director (PD) Lee Jung Sub, who previously worked together on KBS’s 2017 historical drama “Queen for Seven Days.”

“One and Only Love” is currently scheduled to premiere in May.

Archived