[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I can hardly wait for tomorrow. This is going to be the most exciting ride for two months. I hope we have a good time.

Same here! I'm getting so excited :P

:mrgreen:

I have a question though.

Do fantasy rom coms have happy ending?  

Which reminds me they mentioned something about in the conference? How it’s a story about a Ballerina, Angel and someone who used to be an Angel? What does that mean? Who is that? :lol:

I hope the show has a twist like Let’s Fight Ghost. Otherwise it’s a HS’s show ... ending wise, anything is possible. :lol:

4 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I have a question though.

Do fantasy rom coms have happy ending?  

Which reminds me they mentioned something about in the conference? How it’s a story about a Ballerina, Angel and someone who used to be an Angel? What does that mean? Who is that? :lol:

I hope the show has a twist like Let’s Fight Ghost. Otherwise it’s a HS’s show ... ending wise, anything is possible. :lol:

From the full Press Conference clip - Thanks to @0ly40 , at about the 54.5 min mark, the Director's comment.

I saw this script by chance last year, but if it had just been a mere fantasy story I would not have chosen it. But our writer-nim is, although we differ in age a bit, if you look at it a certain way, a very much philosophical story, ... on the cover wrapping, it's a romantic comedy, but if you go inside, the dialogue are very much ... dialogues that can't be thrown around easily/lightly are being expressed in the script and situations where the actors need to act it out you see, and our drama was chosen as a 'ballet-drama', but in fact the more importantly, in our drama there appear 3 types of characters. An angel, a human that used to be an angel, and then, a human. These 3 appear you see. Who was the one who used to be an angel? that, we'll leave to your imagination and ... This angel ... is inspecting the humans - is this drama. Therefore the humans', for example, stubbornness or ingenuity or hate or love, Kim Hyun-Soo-ssi (writer) as she was observing them, our human-ness, ... to once more a bit more objectively take a look at, ... that kind of a drama, our drama is ... yes, before it was a mere rom-com or ballet drama, our writer-nim had spent much effort in struggle. And now, we are having a really hard time, too, because what it is, when Kim Myung-Soo-ssi does his acting we could for example direct him to pretend or ask him to make it look like he was telling a bit of fib, but you can't do that. He's an angel, and a very pure being, and unable to tell a lie, yes, that kind of a being and it's a situation where he needs to express that type of a being, ... if you consider it, as a fantasy (rather than stage props aspects) this may have been the more difficult part, I was thinking, so ... compared to what you may have experienced from fantasy dramas, that this has a different layer to it, if you can anticipate, would be appreciated.

The host made a comment saying that he thought that was a comment laden with spoilers. SHS smiled and KMS shook his head vigorously.

And SHS at about 1h 11.5min mark

We've talked much about ballet and about fantasy, so when I look at the screenplay, each of the characters that appear in this drama, you will see the process of each one's emotions being 'lowered' all the way to the bottom. This process, that the angel gets to observe, is what is portrayed, and that process of 'degradation' of a human at times can give you chills and came to me as very scary moments, you see. So if you watch and see the many facets of (what ought to be) 'human form', human greed, I hope you can enjoy? or more soberly (as the director-nim had mentioned) as if for the first time, these are the viewing points, I wonder, so I believe it's a drama that can offer satisfaction for all your senses. Would appreciate much viewership. Thank you.

This is going to be amazing. The same people ;) who enjoyed SHS roles in Secret Forest or MGL should be able to anticipate 'anguish of the soul' moments aplenty. I think the rom-com is just a 'sugar layer' - a set up for the gut-punch with the anguish just when we're too busy ROFLing. I think there will be much meat we can sink our teeth into (with apologies to vegetarians and vegans), and from the OST's to the fantastic visuals and special effects to the cinematography, it may very well be sensory overload, but I think at base, there is this story, story about us, humans. :wub: I hope to become a better human as a result of consuming this drama.

Thanks everyone, and welcome to @turtlegirl @me040298 @seunhyel and all the new friends joining this thread!! Starting to resemble a 'Current Drama' thread on Soompi Forums!

The long preview is another awesome promo video in a series of teasers promoting the show. I have to say I haven’t been this excited while looking foward to a new kdrama in a long time. The Healer PD is at the helm and he has a great touch in portraying swoonworthy romance and angst, and giving it a kind of epic and movie-like quality. 

tumblr_prvaoiBQAu1s8t96qo2_r1_400.pngtumblr_prvaoiBQAu1s8t96qo3_r1_400.png

A tormented and dejected ballerina with a death wish, star-crossed lovers, an actual guardian angel with beautiful wings, chemistry to die for, love, longing, angst, gorgeous cinematography… I think this show might just be the embodiment of my dreams and fantasies. My only worry is the scriptwriter whose only previous work is the below mediocre Lucky Romance, but I choose to be optimistic considering My Love Eun Dong was equally bad but then its writer went and created the brilliant Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, so I hope this will be the same case. Fingers crossed.

tumblr_prvaoiBQAu1s8t96qo9_r1_540.png

35 minutes ago, briseis said:

I think this show might just be the embodiment of my dreams and fantasies.

ooo, the antiipation and expectations are mounting so high...

Welcome back @briseis immortal - I hope you're right!

Please note, everyone, the page title has changed from 'Upcoming' to 'Current'!

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/429321-current-drama-2019-angels-last-mission-love-단-하나의-사랑-wed-thu-2200-kst-shin-hye-sun-kim-myung-soo-l-premieres-today-may-22nd/

giphy.gif "Roger that @meechuttso"

giphy.gif Look at these lovebirds! Looking like teenage lovers! She's almost licking her chops after that 'embrace'.:naughty:

Credit 'So Sweet'.

EDIT. That embrace gif is too much - did you see L's expression too as he gives her that extra pull? No one man deserves that much of oori Hye-Sun's sweetness. For balance, I would like to say that she was just paying him back for clumps of hair she pulled out in this scene.

img.gif

Now this, this here scene, is my favorite.:w00t: At least until L wins me over tonight in Ep 1.

1 hour ago, briseis said:

The long preview is another awesome promo video in a series of teasers promoting the show. I have to say I haven’t been this excited while looking foward to a new kdrama in a long time. The Healer PD is at the helm and he has a great touch in portraying swoonworthy romance and angst, and giving it a kind of epic and movie-like quality. 

tumblr_prvaoiBQAu1s8t96qo2_r1_400.pngtumblr_prvaoiBQAu1s8t96qo3_r1_400.png

A tormented and dejected ballerina with a death wish, star-crossed lovers, an actual guardian angel with beautiful wings, chemistry to die for, love, longing, angst, gorgeous cinematography… I think this show might just be the embodiment of my dreams and fantasies. My only worry is the scriptwriter whose only previous work is the below mediocre Lucky Romance, but I choose to be optimistic considering My Love Eun Dong was equally bad but then its writer went and created the brilliant Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, so I hope this will be the same case. Fingers crossed.

tumblr_prvaoiBQAu1s8t96qo9_r1_540.png

I thought about this before. That’s the first thing I compared ... Healer had such swoon worthy scenes. Such as the bed scene. I don’t know how their romance will progress from here on but I wish to see swoon worthy romance!! I can trust the PD/director ... but the writer? Hmmm. 

I am watching for a few reasons: classical music, ballet, fantasy and comedy. The romance would be OK but it is not my main concern here. The actress is not the typical romantic dreamy girl, her face reflects agony. The actor seems funny and cheerful but it is not clear how they will fall in love.

I love the scene when she is bending in his hands, but it seems more like dancing ballet than a love scene :) I want to enjoy the drama even if the love story doesn't end as we wish. The other elements can create enough magic. Actually when I saw the teaser I was fascinated by the ballerina dress, it is so dreamy. The idea of a blind ballerina is also interesting. I hope the comedy will continue. 

Spoiler

The secret life of my secretary is the best romance for me, because the chemistry is so strong :wub:

This is a good poll to understand about viewers interest. Though ALML is winning but there’s a big percentage of none. I think, they are the ones who don’t want viewers to distract from their current shows airing. :lol::ph34r:

Archived