[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

From the beginning i thought that it might have a sad ending. But right now I don´'t think so... The characters developments, they throwing at us all the time that is impossible, it will have no sense if this end just like the JKW and Mathil or the elderly. It is just the same of what have been told to us until now. There is no way, after all Yeon Seo went through she would live happily in a future without Dan. Or Him would be happy in paradise without her. The writers are not that sadistic... Bittersweet ending doesn't blend with these characters.

Can I say how much I love the characters development, BTW ?! I loved Yeon Seo since the beginning (blame on Hae Sun), but right now I do even more. How can she be so fierce, arrogant, strongminded but at the same time such a cutie fluffy ball, acting all concerned about Dan ?

My favorite scenes of today's episode: 1. Holding hands and watching the stars (Too much cuteness for my weak heart)

2. The scene where she pulls his chair closer and says that everything about him is important to her, most important than her ballet audition *-*

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello chingus,

First time posting in this forum but has been checking and stalking for years. I just cannot hold myself anymore, in love with the show and gonna re-watch it for thousand times :love:

2 hours ago, briseis said:

Regarding the criticism of the wings, personally I don't think that they look fake at all. In fact, they are the second best wings I've seen on screen - the first place goes to Tilda Swinton's wings in Constantine but that movie had 100 million dollar budget for 2 hours of screen time. However, from recent memory it's the wings from Good Omens which come to mind. GO is an Amazon series with a much bigger budget per episode than ALML but compared to Dan's wings the ones in GO are the ones which truly look fake. I appreciate that the crew is doing the absolute maximum with their budget, combining the real props and CGIs to create believable looking wings. Actually, I'm in love with those wings. :wub:

I think the wings in itself is not the issue. It was the way they shot Dan coming in, that just was not the best angle or cinematography. There are ways to create illusion to make these sort of scenes work....you could tell this is a lift movement with straps attached that are removed digitally and shirt doesn't work with the whole thing. Also Yeon Seo's fall shot was a dummy, I could tell. I know budget is a constraint but you need to be clever about it then to not make your actors look ridiculous. It also looks bad in TV if you don't have proper hd settings. And amen for Tilda Swinton's wings, they were gorgeous. Otherwise pretty solid episode.

A triumph for Korean actors, dancers, producers, story tellers today.

Triumph for actress Kim Bo-Mi, who finally got her 'one and only chance' to show what she is capable of. I was so moved by her dance, I didn't know how Yeon-Seo would top her.

So much pride and deep joy I feel as a simple drama fan of all 4 of these lead actors. I cried and cried, tears of joy and achingly beautiful pain from so much feels.

Edit: @Ameera Ali can you please make a pretty hd gif of Keum Ni-Na's dance of Giselle from the grave like you did for LYS? Congrats to you and many others here on this forum for kudos and acknowledgments you are receiving from soompi for making this a fantastic place for us all. And I agree @jakey09 deserves real credit for the fractions of point differences for the ratings boost for bragging rights. Well done my chingoos and fans of this flawed but well conceived story told so sweetly each week and causing much for me to ponder on.

Since some ppl are talking about endings, I will just say this....

I don't want to believe we will have a sad ending. I just can't believe it! I think we will be made to think it is a sad ending...but then something will magically happen and it will be a happy ending. Please please writer I have a heart defect, so you must not make a sad ending, for my heart isn't allowed to break, okay?? You hearing me, right?? 

Please don't hate me but I'm starting to have this strong feeling that the writer is hinting us a sad or bittersweet ending.... Why is that? 

For example, someone already mentioned the scene when KD went to get an umbrella. LYS said to herself " I had a weird feeling. It felt like I will search everywhere for him in the distant future. It felt like I will be left alone in sadness and despair, longing and missing him."   

I believe that this will foreshadow a possible outcome in the end. I really don't like what LYS felt. It's depressing. Why, writer, why?!

0853269a-6600-422f-bd6f-8ad6ce141229-ori

Another example was when Hu told Kim Dan, that "he needs to let go of everything now before LYS loves him even more, before she gets deeply hurt and before something frightening will happen." I'm thinking his mission will fail in the end because when he leaves, LYS will lose all the love she ever experienced. This isn't love just for KD but for ballet, for people, and even herself. Meaning KD will be dissipated. Heck, this may also lead to her to committing suicide because she feels like she completely lost everything and the meaning of life.

Like I said before, the writer is really playing with my emotions! I hate it and I'll have to accept what the writer gives us in the end. I mean having a bittersweet or sad ending do make a drama more meaningful and memorable. I still prefer a happy ending over a sad or bittersweet one but hey I'm not the writer.  

*I'm slowly and painfully accepting if this is the outcome.*

9cd20f10-70e0-440e-9d37-ebb9fa4e5460-ori

Why the mood on this thread suddenly go from funny and happy to suddenly super sad? Y'alls posts have me crying now. Not to mention I'm watching all these FMVs that are giving me the feels. I get that sad endings tend to be more meaningful but I'm really gonna hate a sad ending here and be left wondering if the message is just that God is too cruel. Or I guess the message would be then that God is above humans and humans are just meaningless. Anyways I don't want that to be my takeaway message from this show!!

Has this one been posted? It's so good: 

1 hour ago, briseis said:

He ended up in a strange place, met a woman, and fell in love with her. He shouldn’t fall in love with her, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t help but fall in love.

For me the dialog on the bridge late night before the final auditions was so, so well done. I can't get over how well the writer interweaved the fate of Albreight and Giselle with Dan (who was able to sympathize with the '2-timing prince', for whom Giselle dances even from the grave) and Yeon-Seo. Yeon-Seo tells him, "go on, tell me more", and hearing Dan's unique perspective she is able to find the 'key' with which she could unlock Giselle's unspeakable emotions - which she nevertheless can 'speak' thru her dances - because, Yeon-Seo, afterall, is a true genius ballerina who can tell that story with her movements and her slightest facial movements.

And as the dance begins, the writer, through Dan's narration thoughts, lets us know right away from the start in front of everyone that she (Giselle) is not about loving or hating Albreight, but that her dance is one of heartache over herself, her actions, unable to trust and believe that Albreight indeed did love her completely, unalloyed with his station in life or his fate before meeting her - juxtaposing all this to Dan's current situation and his station, where he came from - yes from heaven as an angel, but before that from a short-lived mostly bitterly painful life of 11 years (Korean 12-year olds have only lived 11 years, by the way), he (Dan) now questioning, doubting, now second-guessing himself whether Yeon-Seo, like Giselle could actually accept him if she were to find out who he really is.

My God, so many layers going on all at the same time in that dance - it was what I would say, 'perfectly convincing' - I was sold on this version of the writer's story telling. There was nothing that didn't seem right about the entire audition - from Ni-Na's amazing dance (Bravo Kim Bo-Mi!) that left my heart racing, to how, somehow, Yeon-Seo was able to show yet another interpretation that was indeed other-worldly, i.e., Gisellian from the other world. How the actresses topped themselves after all that they had already shown, especially Shin Hye-Sun after last week's short dance scene before JKW that we raved about - I don't know how these actors do it week after week, just delivering one fantastic and unspeakably beautiful scene after another, and the torrent of all these scenes, wave after wave, hitting me as I watch them and the music, the OST's now also playing the hypnotic visuals layered upon each note and word dropped to my ears. I cannot believe I could derive this much pleasure and artistic beauty from a ... Drama!

Now as for the ending, I think I have much to say on it now too, but I am choosing to trust this writer - so far, if you read the Angel Dan's last report on page 1 and other things mentioned in the very first press conference, I believe that the writer has stayed true, there hasn't been any false narratives or cheating on what the intentions are, etc. I am waiting for a 'satisfying' ending, which may not be the standard 'happy' ending, but nevertheless, perhaps a 'righteous' ending where we do not despair of the meaning of life, whether a benevolent God exists who knows ultimately better than we do from beginning to end although we do not have answers to too many things for now, nor will the writer make us despair of love - it is the very definition of love that the drama is dealing with, and to some extent Dan has already succeeded in making Yeon-Seo love again, that is without question - whether she will choose to love when literally everything is taken away, that remains for us to see. I don't actually care to go there, and I do not mind if the writer does not go there, but if she so chooses to take it that far, I will be at peace and would still support the gutsy effort it takes to make that attempt, however dissatisfying it is for vast majority of drama watchers and shippers who don't care for it.

D9fAjVeUcAASA7V.jpg:large Credit our own @ggonekimmy on twitter

Hi all. It's been a while since i visited Soompi forums. But because of ALML and our babies, i am back here. I finished scanning 150+ pages in 2 days (even while working). Thanks to y'all i am having so much fun. I can't remember myself watching live stream of a Korean drama ever. But i did it last night even without subs i was fine with it. 

Waiting for new BTS of ALML is making me crazy... :lol:

8 hours ago, jakey09 said:

HEY!! It’s been a while! Yes, we do meet again! And that too in L’s show! Who would have thought?! :lol:

I wish you were here sooner. We merely have 6 episodes/3 weeks to go. 

I cant wait to hear what you think! 

Lol i know right! And im glad that in this one, L is the real deal, no fake one :P

awww i wanted to be here sooner too but i was sick for a long while :( plus work is so busy. Now, im on the road to catching up. But i am sure i can finish the episodes within a few days lol. Lol no worries. Despite having 6 more episodes to go, we will have fun like the good old times ;)

Hi! I have been a silent reader for the very beginning I started watching this drama. Actually, I saw the first ever kiss scene and got attached. Dan and Yeon-Seo are very cute and I could see their chemistry. I really like to read ya'll opinions and analysis about the ending. I hope for the happy ending but I am willing to accept if our writer-nim turn it to a sad ending instead. Overall, I am just super glad I am watching this drama. L and Hye Sun are the cutest! <3 I really like them so much. 

I will continue to read you guys opinion and I am so happy to be here! :D

Archived