[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

At the Crossroads of Choice

“Do you know how long forever is? This was just a month or two compared to that. It’s not even worth mentioning.” 

It’s very easy to live a pristine life and always make the right decision when you have never wanted anything which you couldn’t have. People always desire the forbidden, that which is out of their reach. Our time is limited; that’s the beauty and blessing of life - it ends becuase humans are, by definition, transient. Nothing lasts. Forever is always relative for humans, in fact, they never have forever because it’s out of their reach as every day may be their last. However, it doesn’t matter whether something lasted for decades or a day because it still existed. All we can do is to live the time that was given to us to the fullest, without any regrets because we never know when will be the last moment. And people always regret the things that you haven’t done rather than the ones they have. In a nutshell, this has been the overarching theme and message of the story.

FwGGTyG.jpg

“You regret things. Are you going to regret this again when everyone is gone like your parents and Mr. Jo? What if that was the last time? What if you can’t turn back the time, you foolish gong?!” 

Dan once berated Yeon Seo for wasting her life in self-pity, instead of living it and right now, he could use his own advice because he’s been doing the same mistake she did. He’s been plagued by doubt and indecision, letting slip the precious time he was given through his fingers instead of using it to spend it with YS. The biggest obstacle standing between the OTP’s happiness right now is Dan himself. He’s at a war with himself - between what his heart desires and between what he was taught - not to want anything for himself. So in the end, it does go down to Dan’s choice: right now, he is lost, standing at a crossroad and needs to choose the path which will decide his fate. And the more he hesitates, the more time slips away and time is what he and Yeon Seo don’t have.

UC6hIee.jpg

“Don’t get hung up on someone like me. Find someone who will stay with you to the end.” 

No matter how painful and heartbreaking, be it JKW, the old angel or their lovers they never regretted going against the deity and falling in love. Dan’s choice is between what he thinks is best for YS and between what she actually wants. However, I think that deep down in his heart he has already made his decision because, in the end, he could never deny Yeon Seo anything - be it his service, his handkerchief or now, his love and himself.

QraZdfv.jpg

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@briseis Even I want YS touching his wings and telling him ILY & regretting. But then again how I mentioned in my previous post ... unknowingly she has a lot to regret. 

Loving your analysis! I would feel more comfortable if you were co-writer or something for the show! :joy:

1 hour ago, Liting1 said:

@titania1000

I do agree with your response for my post about him. He just comes off creepy to me now. I want him to go back to being who he was before but he's too broken inside after Matil's death. I want him to find happiness again but not with LYS. Tbh, I want to see more of him and Matil's love story. I like him more with Matil than with LYS. :)

Forgive me if I'm hating on him. Haha. I just hope to see a more positive side of him in the drama.  

Kang Woo is obsessed, angry and he is projecting Seol Hee's aspirations, ambitions on to Yeon Seo and has decided that doing so is in best intetest of Yeon Seo and will ensure her happiness. He knows nothing about Yeon Seo. This is what is pissing me off. How can you claim to be the best person to ensure Yeon Seo is happy when you don't bother even listening to her, getting to know her better. Following somebody like a shadow equals unlawful violation of their privacy aka stalking....he is no longer an angel so he should stop acting like one. His mission was never Seol Hee, and neither is it Yeon Seo. He needs to back off honestly.

14 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Kang Woo is obsessed, angry and he is projecting Seol Hee's aspirations, ambitions on to Yeon Seo and has decided that doing so is in best intetest of Yeon Seo and will ensure her happiness. He knows nothing about Yeon Seo. This is what is pissing me off. How can you claim to be the best person to ensure Yeon Seo is happy when you don't bother even listening to her, getting to know her better. Following somebody like a shadow equals unlawful violation of their privacy aka stalking....he is no longer an angel so he should stop acting like one. His mission was never Seol Hee, and neither is it Yeon Seo. He needs to back off honestly.

0a5c2c66-616b-476c-893f-24fc91711e4b-ori

I never hated KW, and I still have expectations for his character bcus I am not quite on board with the direction they made him take. He used to be broken but still wise and composed now he is just on another level sanity and anguish (the creepy kind). And I get it we can excuse this in a way with the background story of his love, but still there is a limit to that. I am excited though bcus you can see that there is still more to unravel about him. So I have hope for him.

I personally don't see him as bad or mean spirited which I been seeing alot of people portray his character as such.

He is just intense. His actions come off as too intense and overwhelming. I think that is why alot of people are not fond of him. 

Now about YS lol... idk if its just me but I don't think he has feelings for YS romantically. From the very beginning his goal has succeed where he couldn't. To give to YS what he couldn't give to Mathilde. To make YS do, what Mathilde herself couldn't finish. Which is the whole thing with Giselle. He has this impression of Mathilde so strong when he approached YS, that every time YS acted like her usual self I would see KW being genuinely shocked (?) Off put, idk how to describe it but as like in his head what he would be thinking was "Mathilde isnt like this. She wouldn't have said such a thing" that kind of reaction :sweatingbullets:. To conclude this, he has from the very beginning trying to disguise YS as Mathilde in his head but that ain't working anymore as he is slowly getting to know YS for herself and not for who he thinks she is...

Long post I am so sorry to whoever actually takes the time to read this mess. 

@titania1000 The show I mention wasn't really horrible and funny enough allot of people loved it. That being said, I also don't want a repeat endings for ALML but it was more to give you an example of maybe what could be the outcome for JKW rather than have SH come back to life. For me, just like how you said Dan has always been dead and not in a coma is the same as SH not coming back as an Angel. 

To be honest, it could be possible as I have no clue what the rules are for becoming an angel but I rather envision that SH is enjoying the hereafter as her memory of her past life has been erased entirely. 

I really like your analysis of why he choose such a crazy ending of Giselle and would have to agree with you. To me this show yet again how he is driven by SH rather than him trying to make YS truly happy as his end goal has always been SH. I honestly hope he finds peace and let's go of his anger so he can find back his way to deity.

Coming to your other point that YS is grateful to him, is true but in my eyes she didn't find her passion again in dancing because of him but rather what Dan did for her at the beach. Just like the first time she danced for him before she went to Russia when they were children. This to me is very important as it reminded her again why she loves to dance, she basically admitted the same to Dan when she was trying to get drunk at the bar. Yes, JKW pushed her but Dan really understood what she needed to motivate her back to the thing she truly loves doing, dance! 

I hope YS can be of some help to JKW to heal but I personally think he needs to deal with his own demons and his anger towards Deity on his own. But JKW needs to stop seeing Dan as some immature child that would easily put YS in danger which is not true. To me Dan is more level-headed than when JKW fell in love with SH as he is not aiming to abandon the deity or put YS in any danger. While JKW declared his love to SH in church to deity and expected it go all down really well for him. Which to me was the main reason why it all went to really wrong and SH ended up sacrificing herself for the man she loved.

And YS will definitely feel betrayed by JKW when she finds out he used her to fulfill his own end goal for SH. I do look forward to seeing how YS will learn about SH and how Dan will learn about JKW being a fallen angel as well as his past with SH.

Sorry for the very long post and hope it all makes sense. 

@briseis I really love reading your posts and always look forward to it. Thank you so much for sharing your insights with all of us. :love:

These lyrics. Whenever I listen to this song - A lot lately - it reminds me of Yeon Seo & Dan. Too bad it ain’t in English. 

We analyze, but listening to these lyrics ... I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel like coincidentally I’m listening to their story. This could be considered an analysis of them as well. I would like you guys to read it. Hopefully I’m not going mad. :lol: 

There is always a thought of you even when I am unthinking.

Why is it important to separate?

A question arises.

Having you around, was my greatest happiness

Also, such unexampled distances from your were the part of my fate

So, Now I am away from you. 

Why am I supposed to stay away? 

While I am your pride.

Come and put these distances to an end.

You are my dream. 

Why should I give-up on my dream, now.

I got little upset with myself. 

While you too seem to be filled with remorse.

I have this crave for you.

A complication that how would I live without you?

I have clashes with everybody. Why do they try to be my Gods? (or tell me what should I do)

These people are tigers who are stuck in a jungle on fire. 

Why should I take the same fire?

They have failed in love. 

Yet they are happy in their defeat (or failure.)

Why I too should follow them? (or be like them.)

The nights are witness they will tell that It’s you who I talk about in my sleeps.

How could I forget you?

You are always with me in my thoughts.

Right in front of my eyes. 

Visions are slipping through my fingers like sand.

I can feel your pain, touching down in my body like a poison. 

Each of my vision is slipping through my fingers like sand.

O people (the critcizers of my love), come and test my love. 

Even away, I still will not get upset with her. 

These distances among us cannot break my strength (or courage.) 

Neither she is unfaitful nor I am. 

Like my old habits, she cannot be left (forgotten or changed.)

Just now, Nymeria289 said:

Urgghhhhh....you know what I want is a god damn kiss, a steamy one.

I’m already getting pissed off ... simmering ... because I know we won’t get it! For some weird reason. We should. But we won’t. Thanks to my luck. I apologize for that. 

Archived