[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

Something was bothering me. Why Dan said in the beginning that his biggest regret was when he saved LYS? Anybody has any theories about that?

From what I understand in the story, angels should not interfere with the human situation, since he was assign to the animals. He saved her because she ask help and he can’t help himself as well since he is always following her since she got his hankie and when he saved her he got demoted he is not an angel anymore and since he was given a chance to be one again he got the final mission in finding her a true love. 

I hope I’m not mistaken with this one 

14 minutes ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

Something was bothering me. Why Dan said in the beginning that his biggest regret was when he saved LYS? Anybody has any theories about that?

For some reasons that line made me think of Goblin-ish concept where if someone is supposed to die and doesn't, they will be the anomaly and death will get to them soon to regain the world balance? It's possible that in the future LYS will experience a lot more danger because KD saved her from "fated" death?

Also I was watching OST 2 (the OSTS for this drama is so good) and there is this scene:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Is this from the trailers? I don't remember seeing this at all. Also can't wait for this scene to happen tbh!

1 hour ago, Cecentre said:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Is this from the trailers? I don't remember seeing this at all. Also can't wait for this scene to happen tbh!

Yep. It’s from the trailer. It will probably air this week. When she starts her training. There’s an other small part of it, where she shouts at Dan “Yah!” in that ballet dress. :lol:

1 hour ago, Cecentre said:

Also I was watching OST 2 (the OSTS for this drama is so good) and there is this scene:

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

It's from the long preview:

@jakey09 I totally agree with you there. Actually, I've been preparing a post about the whole concept of physical intimacy and the difference between how YS reacts physically to Dan and KJW is one of the key points. Plus it follows up on the post where I wrote about the lantern scene and the fact that whenever YS is with KJW she only thinks about Dan and I think the gif you use perfectly illustrates that.

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

I’m liking the difference between these two. She gives such freedom to Dan to touch her in any way. :wub:

Love the comparison! We know LYS likes KD but KD is still in that slow process of following. :lol:

Anyways, if JKW tries to in any way to touch or hurt LYS, I won't have any mercy... :angry::lol:

ca462d6f-62e5-4272-838a-e3bd7c8c224c-ori

8 minutes ago, briseis said:

@jakey09 I totally agree with you there. Actually, I've been preparing a post about the whole concept of physical intimacy and the difference between how YS reacts physically to Dan and KJW is one of the key points. Plus it follows up on the post where I wrote about the lantern scene and the fact that whenever YS is with KJW she only thinks about Dan and I think the gif you use perfectly illustrates that.

I’m looking forward to reading that! B)

6 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

Anyways, if JKW tries to in any way to touch or hurt LYS, I won't have any mercy... :angry::lol:

I wish he does something so I can dislike him properly. :lol:

tumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo4_r1_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo3_r2_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo8_r2_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo5_r5_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo6_r1_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo7_r4_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo9_r6_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo2_r1_250.giftumblr_psf5m0aQV21qaxnxjo1_r2_250.gif

Lee yeon seo outfits 

Does anyone else keep thinking about the inevitable angst angel’s last mission is gonna give us? because i am both scared and excited for it

99486B4D5CF22F0A1C?original

So recently as some of you may know, I made a poll on Twitter asking about folks’ opinion regarding the mysterious woman. It’s a tough competition between “Reincarnation” theory and “Doppelgänger” theory. 

Spoiler

Regarding reincarnation theory, something occurred to me - We have seen in many love stories in the past dealing with reincarnation that if a couple or a person gets reincarnated, their soul or heart may stay the same towards their truly one, no? In the sense of true love.  

Say YS was in love with KW (Ugh) and gets reincarnated ... shouldn’t her heart/soul be excited towards KW instead of Dan? Otherwise what kind of love was it? That it didn’t last. :lol:

47 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Regarding reincarnation theory, something occurred to me - We have seen in many love stories in the past dealing with reincarnation that if a couple or a person gets reincarnated, their soul or heart may stay the same towards their truly one, no? In the sense of true love.  

Say YS was in love with KW (Ugh) and gets reincarnated ... shouldn’t her heart/soul be excited towards KW instead of Dan? Otherwise what kind of love was it? That it didn’t last. :lol:

Lmaooo love how you say the last sentence :P Same here, I don't think it's reincarnation either. From what we've seen, it seems like KD and LYS are connected since childhood, so it doesn't make much sense to use two different tropes (childhood vs. reincarnation) for YS's relationship with two different characters :/

3 hours ago, Jemrie said:

Lee yeon seo outfits 

OMG these are to die for! Did you make them yourself @Jemrie? Put together like that, they really magnify new facets of her beauty I hadn't seen quite like that. They are so gorgeous, can I invite you to post them all separately in actress SHS's thread here? I can copy them there and make sure they point to you, but it'd be even sweeter if you can do the honors and post them yourself, pretty please?!! And you don't have hide (spoiler) any there since not too many people go there, just a devoted few. :wub:

Hi to everyone else writing so many beautiful and thoughtful posts here. I knew it appealed to my sense of fantasy and possibilities when I first heard about this drama way back in November (not announced until December), but what I didn't anticipate was the number and degree of so many insightful soompiers here that the story would inspire - with the kinds of analyses based on really keen deeper observations (very specific things I hardly noticed), so much background info and knowledge shared, all the amazingly gorgeous visuals continuing to pour out from fans. :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

I read the reviews on dramabeans and b**ches (thanks for that link @immorethant even though the reviewer there isn't a SHS fan at all) and between those and @briseis and @bebebisous33 and many others' insights there, it's clear that something about this story has triggered something - opened up and inspired many very astute writers and drama-thinkers to show us the probable depth and years' worth of background work the story and screen writer must have done to tell this story - could very well be her magnum opus she's been sitting on for a long time. And it makes me marvel at how the casting director could have foreseen these different elements to pick for us these perfect main leads - and to put it altogether in such a timely manner under pressure - to present a near-perfect (so far) piece of work in every way. Pretty mind-blowing. :expressionless:

I just wanted to say, Thank you everyone!

And welcome to the thread @lolly84 @Cecentre and of course once more @Jemrie and anyone else I forgot to mention.

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! THERE WAS ACTUAL LIP MOVEMENT! I really hope we'll get a slightly extended version of the kiss on Wednesday. By the way, if you listen carefully you can actually hear the immediate reaction which follows the kiss as the actors rehearse it.

05Vxy6T.pngvbUwa3F.pngxg4FvaE.png

Spoiler

PuRH9Pb.pngjWAqHac.pngxDKtVWq.pnguBJmcEv.pngTkafzGi.pngUQuO8sb.png

I want to see more of what happened after this kiss, why KBS just cut it abruptly .  :bawling:

1lKudnz.png

Love their smiles.  :relaxed:

zT17Wne.png

Her kissing sound is very loud ... LOL :joy:

APCyPLz.png

1 hour ago, briseis said:

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! THERE WAS ACTUAL LIP MOVEMENT!

LOL..:lol:  your comment made me watched again..and yes , lip movement from Myung Soo :scream:

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

tBJOWHw.gif

With Each Passing Touch

Lee Yeon Seo, who keeps everyone at arm’s length, beats every person who comes near her with her cane, and whose employees are contractually forbidden from touching her, allows a man to touch her. The untouchable princess wants to be touched by Kim Dan and who can blame her? He is always the softest with her. However, the fact that she actually lets him touch her, repeatedly, reveals how love-starved YS has been and how comfortable she feels with him. Dan carried her in his arms, pinned her to the sofa, hold her hand several time and tough and violent Yeon Seo could have brought the wrath of heaven down on him or fire him but didn’t because she likes him. All these little, seemingly insignificant touches betray her true emotions. For YS to allow someone to touch her is a huge thing because for years, she expected to be attacked by everyone, with the exception of Mr. Jo and Mrs. Jung. It’s been her greatest fear therefore physical contact means the ultimate vulnerability to YS and she always hated being vulnerable and exposed. Notice how YS always makes sure to keep a distance from other people, including her family - it’s a defence mechanism. She is always uncomfortable and avoiding physical contact if she is standing close to anyone, especially with JKW because whenever he comes near her and tries to touch her she visibly flinches, recoils and steps away from him. Even when he piggybacks her she is tight as bowstring. When she lets Dan touch her, Yeon Seo gives something to him which she never gave to anyone except for her family and two trusted employees - HER ABSOLUTE AND UNCONDITIONAL TRUST. She trusts him not to hurt her, not to use her and abandon her.

BerAHRT.jpg

What I find the most poignant and heartwarming is the gradual development of the physical intimacy between Dan. It all started with the only physical contact which the contract allowed - YS holding onto Dan’s arm for support and before she knew it he shielded her with his own body, taking the attack that was meant for her, bled for her carried her in his arms. It progressed with him taking her hand on regular basis and dancing with her in the moonlight. And then, then he started to caress her face and hair as if it were the most natural thing in the world for him. In some ways, it really was. And Yeon Seon always lets him, she never recoils from him. She only pushes him away a few times when her feelings overhelm her or she becomes too embarrassed. Even when the girl interrupts their “almost-kiss”, YS doesn’t push Dan away for some time as if she were actually waiting for him to kiss her. It’s apparent that she is aware of the effect Dan’s touch has on her and there is always this combination of longing and anticipation for more in her eyes. 

BYhjkm1.jpg

The level of Dan’s and Yeon Seo’s physical intimacy illustrates the state of their relationship and it shows how far Yeon Seo has come. From a woman avoiding and fearing physical touch to welcoming and seeking Dan’s affectionate caresses - just look how she leans into his touch before the kiss - and even instinctively reaching out to him and initiating physical intimacy on her own. She wanted to kiss Dan’s cheek, and even though such kiss is absolutely innocent, she wanted to kiss him first despite being so adorably nervous. She allowed him into her personal space and now she is willingly entering his. YS wanted to give Dan her kiss as a reward and that is such a huge step for her who only rewarded and bought people with money. She has already learned that money means nothing to Dan so she wanted to give him something from her heart, something she thought he might appreciate because, in fact, she wants to desperately believe Mrs. Jung fanfic theory that he fell with her in love at first sight. The ice princess Lee Yeon Seo wants to be loved by Kim Dan.

fLjZ9fN.jpg

I made a gif of the kiss for those who can't wait. I'm sorry for the quality I won't get to a computer with Photoshop until tomorrow.

32hztg_zpsqk4vhtsf.gif

A much more bigger and detailed gif :wub:

I found the video on instagram, however, it's turned upside down

Spoiler

The kiss cut, this time in proper format

Archived