[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Liting1 Ahhh I'm torn!! On the one hand angst makes the story not boring on the other hand I just want them to be happy and YS to deal with her stress with the bubbly KD on her sideee :tears:

Yea! I remember seeing him like that in the trailer and the drama gives off a completely opposite vibe haha not that I complain because bubbly excited boy is the best boy!! But wouldn't it be interesting if he were to... darken because of plot reasons. Wonder how YS would react to that! 

Dan’s Wish and Yeon Seo’s Heart

9fznjXh.jpg

The lantern scene is as poignant and telling as the kiss and in a fitting way it portrays the OTP’s relationship - Dan watching Yeon Seo from afar, hidden, guarding her from the shadows, always being there for her even if she doesn’t know it. It’s how their relationship started when he first saw her at the park fight against those bullies. Initially, he looked at her with curiosity, but gradually that look has changed beyond recognition. When Dan watches YS now, his eyes tell a story of their own. I think not even Dan himself knows what exactly he is feeling for her when he looks at her with that transfixed fascination, hidden in the darkness. There is curiosity, affection, and even yearning and sadness because he knows he has to let her go to another man. He unwittingly revealed his real feelings when he dejectedly wondered that JKW and YS must be already dating whe he saw them near the theater. He is falling in love with her because there is no other explanation for those forlorn, enthralled lingering gaze or THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND SELFLESS WISH IN THE UNIVERSE!

“Help her find her true love. I ask that her true love is someone more angelic than a real angel.”

SWOON!!! I'm emotionally compromised. He told YS the truth on that park bench - all his wishes are for her.

nsq8kvo.jpg

Dan has been playing the noble second male lead from the moment he learned JKW was the one to call the ambulance. In that moment, he reminded of the Little Mermaid because even though he was the one to save YS, KJW somehow got the credit for it. The similarity with the LM goes even deeper because, just like her, he is a supernatural being falling in love with a human. However, there is where all the similarities end because, fortunately, Dan’s Princess does not give a damn who called the ambulance; and, even though, Dan basically prepares a romantic date and leaves her alone with this seemingly perfect man who is attractive, talented, smart and rich, all Yeon Seo cares and thinks about is Dan. She might be physically there with JKW but her thoughts and heart are with Dan; she is always looking over her shoulder, searching for him in the dark, calling him and telling him to come quickly back to her. It’s actually a recurring theme of her relationship with JKW because most of the time she spends with him she ends up talking about Dan - Dan will soon come back, Dan will find my shoes, Dan will bring an umbrella, Dan is good at what he does… Frankly, at this point JKW should get the hint already and leave her alone because he will never receive from her anything else but politeness.

fhBL1s0.jpg

Reaction of choreographer director, Choi Soo-Jin when she watched the premiere on Wed 22nd.

Spoiler

wNzLYWL.png

She cried watching SHS's acting.

"Hye Sun's crying is so sad"

X54hcVw.png

"Don't cry Yeon-Seo"

Fs8QPpS.png

"Acting is so good"

7e1XDJr.png

There're many times she said that she can't watch because she's going to cry (in front of camera).

At the end she said

어 신혜선씨는 이제 춤추는 모습을 더 자주보다가
이렇게 영기하는 모습을 보니까 아 정말 배우는 배우네요 너무 잘하시고

그냥 전 다 예쁘고 멋있는 것같아요

Shin Hye Sun now often has more dancing look.

Seeing acting like this, she is a very good learning actress.

I just think all are beautiful and stylish.

(Sorry, don't have enough skill and time to translate the whole video :sweatingbullets:)

4 hours ago, briseis said:

“Help her find her true love. I ask that her true love is someone more angelic than a real angel.”

I just finished all eight episodes and I am already hooked. I am a first-time poster on this forum. This line is everything. But I have one question, is there any explanation whose wings were shown at the end of episode 8? 

18 minutes ago, smhelen said:

I just finished all eight episodes and I am already hooked. I am a first-time poster on this forum. This line is everything. But I have one question, is there any explanation whose wings were shown at the end of episode 8? 

KW’s.

16 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Yes !!!   This is what we want from KBS. 

Behind the kissing scene.  :kiss_wink:

Tomorrow (Jun 3rd)  9 am KST  on Naver TV

OMG!OMG!OMG! YES!!!! Can't wait!

Beneath the Mask

Beneath her tough exterior and bravado, Yeon Seo hides her weaknesses, doubts, vulnerability and fears, including self doubt and the relatable fear of failure which is why she refused to return to ballet - she is afraid she will no longer be the same, no longer perfect and other people will notice her weakness. Everyone only sees that tough facade, the rude princess, but Dan sees right through her. He sees the real her. He learned all her whims, likes and dislikes from the documents he received; however, what is more important, he is looking at her, really looking at her and that allows him to notice every single detail about her, even the slightest reaction or change of expression. The perfect example is when YS beats JKW with her cane when he arrives to her mansion - when you first watch that scene you admire her guts and fighting spirit, and even though Dan totally does too, it’s her trembling hand, her fear, which catches his attention the most in the dim lit room. When YS’s family arrives and she’s rude to them, he once again sees her hands clutching the chair in anxiety. Whether he is by YS’s side or watching her from afar, Dan is always learning new things about her.

Vi6yNJ5.jpg

It really does remind you of KJW who keeps getting all the information on YS and those around her, including videos and photos, but the difference between the two men is that JKW’s approach is very superficial, he only has the bare facts without knowing the context or learning anything about YS’s wants and needs. Whereas Dan is truly getting to know her, learning about all the facets of the paradox that is Lee Yeon Seo - this strong, tormented, proud and fragile woman.

BSeEhgD.jpg

It’s because Dan truly knows her that he’s able to help her heal. I truly love his approach as he makes her do stuff, instead of avoiding them as she used to. Be it their dance or their walking practice, he always takes her hand gently into his and walks the path with her until she is ready to face the challenge on her own. It’s the right combination of caring and tough love in order to make her self-sufficient so she can pick herself up but he is always there to catch her when she falls. I love how Dan’s first reaction is always rush to YS’s help and despite his “tough” approach he eventually turns into a total mother hen: let me go with you, let me put footstep stickers there for you, are you feeling ill, was it too straining… or the fact that he spends the night on a cold floor in front of her door, guarding her bedroom like a loyal puppy. Seriously, he is always the softest with her. You know, we are still at the beginning of the story and Dan can’t help himself but worry about her, there is no way he can leave her and go to heaven because he’ll be constantly wondering whether she had her chamomile tea.

Qe4j2Rs.jpg

57 minutes ago, briseis said:

there is no way he can leave her and go to heaven because he’ll be constantly wondering whether she had her chamomile tea.

Love this ending quote :wub:  both are so adorable .  

JKW is only interested in ballet and his past obsession but all Dan's interest is Yeon-Seo which he saw and understood her in every details (even in some details that she didn't even realize herself).  

I love them so much that when I watched rerun I couldn't stand watching YS with JKW, I just skip to Dan-Yeon parts.  :P

And I really love this, even though it's only Ms. Jung's imagination.  :kiss_wink:

TUAHR7E.gif

gLoNM0f.gif

Dan and YS are perfect for each others! Kudos to writer!! Even if it's too early predict the finale i bet on this couple. Maybe this mission is about Dan who will found the true love and remain on the Earth as human being without power but with his love!!

@briseis

I always love your deep thoughts and evaluations on this drama! You are so talented! Can't wait to read more from you! My heart feels touched and I get a bit teary just reading your posts! :wub:

Btw, I assume this scene is after the kiss. I think KD left LYS since it started to rain or his wings will appear. Our LYS looks very sad. JKW is with her but tries to comfort her. She immediately turns away. This man needs to leave her alone whether or not she is his past lover. <_<

*Oh lawd, I spoke too soon about having angst! KD, please don't hurt LYS for a long period of time. My heart is too fragile and can break any second!* :tears:

Spoiler

53115201-f935-4532-a9e6-7b0cbdbc7c84-ori

41 minutes ago, immorethant said:

JKW is only interested in ballet and his past obsession but all Dan's interest is Yeon-Seo which he saw and understood her in every details (even in some details that she didn't even realize herself).  

Yes, I agree. If my theory is right and JKW's lover died 15 years ago then YS is her doppelganger. The way I see it JKW is basically pushing YS to live the life Matilde couldn't, as her substitude of sorts. Judging from his obsession with perfection in ballet, he would push her to a point where she would have to live only for ballet without any regard to what YS wants or needs while Dan cares about what the person that YS, about what is best for her.

You know I've been rewatching the flashback scene featuring Matilde's death and I think it really might have happened 15 years ago (those videos of her that JKW is watching are too high quality to be filmed sooner) and I also think there is still a possibility that JKW might not be an immortal because, in the flashback, he is sporting the type of hairstyle which is supposed to make him look younger. So considering LDJ is 39/40 years old, JKW must be in his 40s, if it happened 15 years ago then he would be almost the same age back then as Dan is now,... That's a lot of possible coincidences. However, it's only one of the theories and the possibility that JKW might be immortal is also likely. 

kRUmgY5.png

Finally, is it only me or do other people think that Dan and JKW have very similar hairstyles? I suspect it might have been done on purpose to draw more potential parallels between the two angels.

9GQnQUE.png8SvyCd2.png

Wow I just finished episodes5-6 and I was spazzing over that kiss and dang JW is an angel? Or was an angel? I don’t know! That really put me to edge of my seat and will wait again for Wednesday and Thursday to come! Damn I though I will not get over Her Private life because of the lead’s out of the world chemistry, but dang! This drama surprised me! SHS never fails me! She always get an excellent drama plot, although I’m not familiar with KMY’s work because I haven’t really watched his drama or maybe I have seen him somewhere but he portrays Kim Dan very well and his comedic chop is excellent. Anyway I love the chemistry of LYS and KD! Hahaha our ice princess is opening her heart to our cute and charming angel! I love the therapy scene of YS practicing walking and KD is like a big brother who is teacher after his baby sister to walk! Hehehe! I have to appreciate Ms. Jung. She’s the real Cupid angel who has this fantasy for our OTP! Hehehe she’s the captain of YS and KD ship lol! Kidding aside beside of kind ajussi she is the one who is really looking after YS, she is very loyal to her. The power grabbing of the aunt is fun to watch because she always lost to YS and gets easily annoyed and for me that was satisfying every time she will loose her composure. I’m still unsure of Nina, I still don’t know what is her real intention? I still need to watch her to judge what is her character, she the real who who wears a mask unlike her mother and sister who are really after the power of LYS.

regarding JKW it’s really obvious that he is living in his past, still carrying a torch for his beloved who looks like YS, but I feel that he also had a mission but didn’t complete it because of his lady love. Until YS finally appears and wants to repeat his memory for his sake. Well his really the one whose selfish, at first I’m torn that he can genuinely like YS, and he will be a good rival to KD well that disappears like a smoke at the final seconds of the last episode. But we will see what is this drama will lead us, or maybe it’s too early for me to judge, just like KD who probably curious about the kiss so he just go for the kill. Hehehe! 

Archived