Quantcast
meechuttso

[Current Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Does that mean romance between our Ballerina and Dan is what attracting audience? 

I hope KBS keeps this in mind.

I wonder how many episodes they have shot so far? In case they have to make any adjustments for ratings. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

13 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

Does that mean romance between our Ballerina and Dan is what attracting audience? 

I hope KBS keeps this in mind.

I wonder how many episodes they have shot so far? In case they have to make any adjustments for ratings. 

I hope they don't make adjustments for ratings.  I always believe adjustments spoil the original story/script. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I hope they don't make adjustments for ratings.  I always believe adjustments spoil the original story/script. 

I hope so too. That’s true. Channel tends to interfere and ruin most of the times. But personally, I have my feet in both boats this time because of the writer. I’m anxious and nervous about the writer. :lol:

I hope they do whatever’s best. 

@immorethant 

What’s non-televised video release? Cuts that didn’t make it to the episodes? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@Ni Wen @thistle @Dramanoona @sassylove @2handsintertwined In one of my former posts, I had written that the writer had embedded the story of the ballet Swan Lake in the K-drama. First, LYS was still called Odette. Another parallel with the ballet is that due to the terrible accident, LYS's temper had changed so much that she was no longer seen as an angel, rather as a spoiled, ill-mannered and cold-hearted woman. The huge change in her personality could be perceived as the curse in the ballet. Odette is cursed to turn into a swan indicating that she is no longer a human but an animal. Therefore in the drama, LYS's lack of empathy and coldness embody perfectly her "inhumanity". She is definitely too rough with her emotions.

What caught my attention is that the new director wants to present a new ballet: Giselle. After reading the summary of this ballet, I started thinking about possible parallels between Giselle and Angel's last mission: Love. I also came to realize that the writer is already giving us clues about the evolution of this K-drama. The male lead disguises his true identity from Giselle. He is a prince and she doesn't know it. Here, KD is an angel but he is hiding his true identity from her. So this real identity will be the reason for the heartbreak of LYS. Secondly, the male lead in the ballet is forced to dance until his death, only thanks to Giselle's true love, the male lead is saved. So in my opinion, LYS will come to love KD so deeply that she will do anything for him. While in the ballet, Giselle and the prince are separated by death, I have the impression that in the K-drama, the opposite will happen. KD might become a real human, since LYS personifying Giselle is not dead but belong to the living world.      

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 10
  • Thanks 2

OST Part 1 fan-made video (with scenes from Ep 1-4)  :love::love:

20 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

What’s non-televised video release? Cuts that didn’t make it to the episodes? 

I think they might be some deleted scenes. 

Probably we will see the scenes of SHS's biting, eating, chewing. :P 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I dont know what scenes I like better, when Dan is fun, or when

he silently watches YS dance in that beautiful black dress. :)

Or the way he covered YS with wings, calmly like a true protector. :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, immorethant said:

OST Part 1 fan-made video (with scenes from Ep 1-4)  :love::love:

I think they might be some deleted scenes. 

Probably we will see the scenes of SHS's biting, eating, chewing. :P 

Give me biting anytime!! :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Isn’t anyone curious what Dan did to Mighty Yeon Seo to call him pervert oh so shyly?! :ph34r:

I hope something happened while she was busy getting rid of his wings! :wub: (And director left thinking nobody’s home).

ezgif-1-b43d48cda36e.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I just saw the title song - I’m glad in the montage Woo Hee Jin name gets mentioned as well, even though her character wasn’t promoted at all. She is one of my favourite characters (along the lines of Jennifer in Still17). I was worried we wouldn’t see her much. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Ni Wen @thistle @Dramanoona @sassylove @2handsintertwined In one of my former posts, I had written that the writer had embedded the story of the ballet Swan Lake in the K-drama. First, LYS was still called Odette. Another parallel with the ballet is that due to the terrible accident, LYS's temper had changed so much that she was no longer seen as an angel, rather as a spoiled, ill-mannered and cold-hearted woman. The huge change in her personality could be perceived as the curse in the ballet. Odette is cursed to turn into a swan indicating that she is no longer a human but an animal. Therefore in the drama, LYS's lack of empathy and coldness embody perfectly her "inhumanity". She is definitely too rough with her emotions.

What caught my attention is that the new director wants to present a new ballet: Giselle. After reading the summary of this ballet, I started thinking about possible parallels between Giselle and Angel's last mission: Love. I also came to realize that the writer is already giving us clues about the evolution of this K-drama. The male lead disguises his true identity from Giselle. He is a prince and she doesn't know it. Here, KD is an angel but he is hiding his true identity from her. So this real identity will be the reason for the heartbreak of LYS. Secondly, the male lead in the ballet is forced to dance until his death, only thanks to Giselle's true love, the male lead is saved. So in my opinion, LYS will come to love KD so deeply that she will do anything for him. While in the ballet, Giselle and the prince are separated by death, I have the impression that in the K-drama, the opposite will happen. KD might become a real human, since LYS personifying Giselle is not dead but belong to the living world.      

Thank you for sharing. And thank you for mentioning me :).

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not. Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo really does come to mind first when you watch YS as she bullies her stuff without any care for their problems and feelings. It’s really an inspired move by the writer because LYS is such a wonderful, complex character and after the first two episodes it’s clear that this type of a female protagonist can be as fascinating as any male hero with the right script and actress. Heroines like Yeon Seoo are rare to come across in a kdrama or any Asian drama, really and Shin Hye Sun absolutely slays in this role.

tumblr_ps2uy5GACx1s8t96qo5_r1_540.png

Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult tas for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own.

0Cbc12O.jpg

Yeon Seo doesn’t give a damn about what others think of her or the consequences of her actions and completely lacks any sort of politeness. She doesn’t try to make connections with people or to make them like her. Instead, she thinks the worst and expects the worst from everyone. It’s a defence mechanism. After all the loss and betrayal, YS doesnt want to get close to anyone because she doesn’t want to get hurt by them and she is afraid to lose another person she loves. All that anger, sadness, dignity and pride, those are the only things she is left now; they are the only things keeping her alive. It’s clear that YS is a fighter and a survivor and she lashes out on people first before they come too close and can hurt her. I think that this is the most admirable quality about YS - her willingness to carry on each day, her dogged, stubborn will to keep living and fighting despite all the loss and tragedy; even though a part of her wants to die and finally put an end to the neverending hurt. As he will spend more time with her and come to know her better, Dan will see this strength and hidden vulnerability beneath YS’s armor of ice and spikes and facade of disinterest and pride. Also, after episode 2, I can’t help myself but think that YS sees herself as someone cursed, who brings death to everyone she loves, and that in a way she hates herself, meaning she doesn’t love herself so how could she possibly love someone else?

tumblr_inline_ps2zmb14cf1rhkl0p_540.png

Finally, I want to add that I adore the scene where she stands up to those jerks bullying her in the park. It’s an accurate depiction of a visually impaired person who has had to deal with her disability for 3 years and YS clearly did everything she could to make herself self-sufficient because her pride wouldn’t allow her anything else.

• Like 6
  • Love 7

21 hours ago, briseis said:

When it comes to symbolism, kdrama writers usually go for the moon, the sun, stars or flowers; however, in the case of One and Only Love, it’s water.

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In one of my former posts, I had written that the writer had embedded the story of the ballet Swan Lake in the K-drama.

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

What caught my attention is that the new director wants to present a new ballet: Giselle. After reading the summary of this ballet, I started thinking about possible parallels between Giselle and Angel's last mission: Love. I also came to realize that the writer is already giving us clues about the evolution of this K-drama. 

:w00t:B):blink::rolleyes::phew:

Wow, this is so awesome that we get so much cool and rich analysis by you guys - it had never occurred to me that the plays mentioned in the drama themselves might hold the clue to the real keys - it's like the released publicity shots and background don't mention those specifically, but the seasoned sleuths among us can provide some possible unmentioned motivations for the inspiration for these stories. I just love it all. Had no idea it could be _this_ fun! Thank you, @briseis and @bebebisous33 of course, and everyone!

Time to brush up on

tumblr_prvn6dRT7A1valxs7o8_r1_1280.jpg

And my goodbye to the blind Yeon-Seo and her cane. I hope her new eyes give her new perspectives to see the beauty around her and all the love she has been receiving all along. :phew:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, briseis said:

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not. Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo really does come to mind first when you watch YS as she bullies her stuff without any care for their problems and feelings. It’s really an inspired move by the writer because LYS is such a wonderful, complex character and after the first two episodes it’s clear that this type of a female protagonist can be as fascinating as any male hero with the right script and actress. Heroines like Yeon Seoo are rare to come across in a kdrama or any Asian drama, really and Shin Hye Sun absolutely slays in this role.

Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult tas for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own.

Yeon Seo doesn’t give a damn about what others think of her or the consequences of her actions and completely lacks any sort of politeness. She doesn’t try to make connections with people or to make them like her. Instead, she thinks the worst and expects the worst from everyone. It’s a defence mechanism. After all the loss and betrayal, YS doesnt want to get close to anyone because she doesn’t want to get hurt by them and she is afraid to lose another person she loves. All that anger, sadness, dignity and pride, those are the only things she is left now; they are the only things keeping her alive. It’s clear that YS is a fighter and a survivor and she lashes out on people first before they come too close and can hurt her. I think that this is the most admirable quality about YS - her willingness to carry on each day, her dogged, stubborn will to keep living and fighting despite all the loss and tragedy; even though a part of her wants to die and finally put an end to the neverending hurt. As he will spend more time with her and come to know her better, Dan will see this strength and hidden vulnerability beneath YS’s armor of ice and spikes and facade of disinterest and pride. Also, after episode 2, I can’t help myself but think that YS sees herself as someone cursed, who brings death to everyone she loves, and that in a way she hates herself, meaning she doesn’t love herself so how could she possibly love someone else?

Finally, I want to add that I adore the scene where she stands up to those jerks bullying her in the park. It’s an accurate depiction of a visually impaired person who has had to deal with her disability for 3 years and YS clearly did everything she could to make herself self-sufficient because her pride wouldn’t allow her anything else.

In other words, if Hae Sun character keeps exciting us like this ... she better get ready to grab her third trophy in a row! :wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone! 

It's been months since I've been on soompi! Now I just got myself into watching kdramas! I recently haven't been interested in one except for "Angel Last Mission!" 

I just started watching this drama today and I absolutely love it! Great acting from the main leads and supporting leads. I have to applaud Shin Hye Sun for her superb portrayal as Lee Yeon Seo! 

This was me throughout the first few episodes until next week... 

53fc1b23-7559-41bc-93a2-a91f1740afa8-ori

Shin Hye Sun portrayed her character so well that I felt her pain and sadness when she lost everything...

40fc4953-4bd2-4857-98de-effe0d33920d-ori

But after reading that it'll have 32 episodes, that is too much and too painful for me to wait for 2 episodes every week! 

tumblr_m5a5seEA3p1qkjvg5_zps5cfynend.gif

I also have a feeling that when both main leads start to fall in love and the mission is completed, Kim Dan will have to leave LYS in the end. That'll be too much for the both of them and myself to handle. I can imagine LYS saying something like this again once Kim Dan disappears... but hopefully we get a HE! 

Spoiler

aa8ec597-1260-4ac9-9404-083f36bd77c4-ori

Anyways, can't wait for their romance to blossom! Hope we all can suffer and enjoy this drama together! I'll be following this forum till the dramas ends! Thanks, Chingus!

Spoiler

de78e343-545f-49bc-9ec2-c7aba7488caf-ori

Edited by bebebisous33
more than 3 pictures/gifs have to be put under spoiler.
  • Like 3
  • Love 7

5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

And my goodbye to the blind Yeon-Seo and her cane

I have a question. 

Because YS is not a blind now.  So are we going to see this scene (from 1st teaser) ?  

Or was it now become a deleted scene ?

2PHztar.png

4 hours ago, Liting1 said:

But after reading that it'll have 32 episodes, that is too much and too painful for me to wait for 2 episodes every week!

Acautlly it's 32 episodes of 35 min , so 2 episodes (70 min) for each day and 4 for each weeks, it's not too long  (I think it's too short for me , I want 40 eps  :P) . I hope you will tune in for this drama every week :)

@briseis  Thank you for your analysis.  I think from the level of pain that YS has now, it's very suitable of the script that there's only angel can heal her. Because only this angel can tolerate and give her love and he also has power to protect her and has inhuman toughness to stand her hit, slap, smack or whatever will come.  This is not the work for any human to do. 

6 hours ago, briseis said:

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not.

Don't know why since I watched the teaser, I recalled the old famous favorite movie of Jun Ji Hyun 'My Sassy Girl'  which I watched since being student because the way this girl was full of rage , rudeness, and gave lots of hard times to the male lead , who always reacted in funny comical way was quite similar to this DanYeon couple. And the reason that the girl did this is because she has a truama from losing her ex-boyfriend. And the way that even though he complaint all the time but he was still at her side gradually healed her at the end.

However, that movie was typical rom-com of 'bad*ss girl vs weak boy', but for this drama I think this YeonSeo character is far better and the level of her pain is so deeper and SHS did it so magnificent within 4 episodes to make audience understand her pain and not hate her character . Because before the drama was aired I'm so worried that her character will show only negative sides and audience will not be able to stand watching her.   But she gave another level and details of acting that we can always feel the pain and fragile inside and the script was good to let audience see her experince the loss of the last person who's good to her which is so heartbreaking. Although with it's a pity that we lost Mr. Jo too soon, but it's very effective to put this in script at early stage to make audience 100% symphatized for her and willing to go with her and see her (with Dan's help) to have happiness at the end.  :kiss_wink:

Just want to share audience acceptance of this drama in my country. Actually in my country there're not many fans of SHS or not many audiences knew her :tears:, as I read twitter or FB comments of this drama, most viewer was attracted by 1) the poster and teasers , thanks to KBS doing great job   2) Kim Myung Soo - lots of audience  watched because of him. 3) the high rating that attracted their attention to check this drama.

And now everyone priased this drama and it became a hit in my country , lots of comments said only 4 eps and they are addicted and can't wait for the next ep. Lots of comments said they watched becaue of KMS (which he's so good and so cute in this drama) but then fell in love with SHS too, and now they really loved and cheered for the couple. So much compliments for the acting, script, ost, cinematography that now I'm so delighted and also worried if this drama will be able to maintain the same quality for the next week. 

(sorry for turning only 1 question into my long rambling :P).

Happy Sunday morning everyone !! :love::relaxed::innocent:

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

@immorethant I forgot about that scene! Curse the director for taking it out! If he did. I think, it’s the same one where Hae Sun was sitting in taxi waving at folks right? I hope they show it in a flashback or something!

I checked the airing time. It’s not 70 mins. It barely reaches 65 mins. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, jakey09 said:

@immorethant I forgot about that scene! Curse the director for taking it out! If he did. I think, it’s the same one where Hae Sun was sitting in taxi waving at folks right? I hope they show it in a flashback or something!

I checked the airing time. It’s not 70 mins. It barely reaches 65 mins. :lol:

Actually I feel she regained her sight far too early in the show. I was expecting at least 2 more episodes of her being blind.

I almost forgot about that scene too. I also hope it is going to be shown in a flashback though I cannot imagine how. This drama is beyond my imagination because I can't predict how it's going to be

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Actually I feel she regained her sight far too early in the show. I was expecting at least 2 more episodes of her being blind.

I almost forgot about that scene too. I also hope it is going to be shown in a flashback though I cannot imagine how. This drama is beyond my imagination because I can't predict how it's going to be

I know. I hope they show some kind of a trauma where she looses it again. Or is there a reason she gained it early? 

When she falls in love & finds Dan’s truth she deals it out with Diety. In return of her love, her eyes? I hope that doesn’t happen. Just a thought. Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, briseis said:

Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult task for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own.

Well, there is a huge difference between Gu Jun Pyo and Lee Yeon Seo, despite their rude and cold behavior. Right from the start, the beholder knows about LYS's tragedies (loss of her parents, loss of her sight) therefore we can understand why she acts like that. No viewer can really hate LYS, while it was not really the same for GJP. In the beginning, we know nothing about GJP and only see a rude and spoiled man.

Furthermore, I would like to add that the writer often uses other characters acting as rude, cold and hypocrite. We have the aunt, the jerks from the park, the workers from Fantasia and the people who attended Mr. Jo's funeral which makes LYS's coldness soften. The gossips, the smile of the aunt while hugging LYS and the harsh comments behind LYS's back illustrate how cold LYS's world has always been from the start. LYS became cold due to her tragedies but she was already surrounded by this harsh and cold world. I am quite sure that LYS must have heard comments about herself from the staff too, talking behind her back, while thinking that since she was blind, she couldn't do much.     

• Like 3
  • Insightful 7