[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

2 hours ago, Wendy123 said:

Idk if anyone's been watching Her Private Life, but this drama is definitely gonna sustain me once that ends. At least it can tone down my withdrawal symptoms a little (and it's gonna be bad this time ;-;)

Hyesun and Myungsoo are both such good actors. Hyesun delivers emotion so well that I always cry when she cries, and Myungsoo really brings Dan's character to life. I can't wait to see how this story plays out. Their chemistry is pretty good too, so I'm definitely hyped rn!

I wanted to watch that show but bad reviews made me to wait it out ... then I heard OSTs are bad too ... I don’t sense anything new coming from PMY lately ... So I’m going through disinterest where that show is concerned! 

But it will welcome you once that’s done. :lol:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can somebody make me a gif where Kid YS hugs Dan in the rain and then how she pulls him towards her? I want to officially announce Lee Yeon Seo the initiator in their romance! :lol:

Rain reminds me ... can we have a romantic rain scene again? Rain seems to be playing an important role! 

According to the synopsis, it’s Dan who probably falls in love with her first. Jealousy? Every time he sees Director and YS together. 

Like Dan, was feeling quite irritated with this - They shouldn’t be resting like this under the rain, but realized he is probably making her watch something on the projector. :lol:

ezgif-1-f5cc28361a23.gif

Just finished rewatching episode 4.  As I watch the final scene, I wonder if perchance Kim Dan's wings coming out might be an early warning signal that LYS is in danger and that is role changes to that of being a guardian angel.  It could be that in general, he is human but when LYS is facing a life-threatening situation, Kim Dan is given some of his angelic powers back to protect her.  This would be the Deity's way of making sure Kim Dan is capable of completing his assignment,

I think I am babbling.  I have semester final exams tomorrow and should be studying but I just had to take a quick break.

I love the OST that is playing at the end of episode 4.  I hope it gets released soon.

6 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I’m curious about this too. I didn’t get it. 

It's because YS stops breathing in that moment, it's a breath of life really because Dan makes her breathe again (I suppose she noticed it as a slight tingling feeling). YS remembers the time she tried to kill herself, thinking that a ballerina dies twice - once when she stops dancing and once when she stops breathing. You can noticed that she takes a deep breath with an open mouth and then her whole face becomes contorted, because she is holding her breath. And then comes Dan, does the gesture near her mouth/nose and immediately admonishes her that people die when they stop breathing, meaning that he made her breathe again. Even before that, when he is only observing YS he says: "You already died here once." - he can feel she is contemplating death again.

LiYgXjk.pngMNRC5Zb.pngjyss5et.png

Spoiler

DslqYx4.pngRi5sGsY.png

@larrysouth I was thinking (and hoping!) the exact thing that you wrote about.  

Good luck on your exams.  Remember to have a good night's sleep and a good meal before the test--that can actually be just as important as last minute studying.  

3 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I wanted to watch that show but bad reviews made me to wait it out ... then I heard OSTs are bad too ... I don’t sense anything new coming from PMY lately ... So I’m going through disinterest where that show is concerned! 

But it will welcome you once that’s done. :lol:

It's not bad at all! It's actually probably one of the best dramas I've watched. The leads also have THE BEST chemistry ever~

Thanks for the welcome lol

44 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

Just finished rewatching episode 4.  As I watch the final scene, I wonder if perchance Kim Dan's wings coming out might be an early warning signal that LYS is in danger and that is role changes to that of being a guardian angel.  It could be that in general, he is human but when LYS is facing a life-threatening situation, Kim Dan is given some of his angelic powers back to protect her.  This would be the Deity's way of making sure Kim Dan is capable of completing his assignment,

I think I am babbling.  I have semester final exams tomorrow and should be studying but I just had to take a quick break.

I love the OST that is playing at the end of episode 4.  I hope it gets released soon.

Could be. It sounds weird but it came at the moment when he was questioning about the fact if there’s anything that can make her fall in love. In order to find out he needs to get closer to her. What sounds weird is for a second I thought Deity is playing matchmaking! :lol:

40 minutes ago, briseis said:

It's because YS stops breathing in that moment, it's a breath of life really because Dan makes her breathe again (I suppose she noticed it as a slight tingling feeling). YS remembers the time she tried to kill herself, thinking that a ballerina dies twice - once when she stops dancing and once when she stops breathing. You can noticed that she takes a deep breath with an open mouth and then her whole face becomes contorted, because she is holding her breath. And then comes Dan, does the gesture near her mouth/nose and immediately admonishes her that people die when they stop breathing, meaning that he made her breathe again. Even before that, when he is only observing YS he says: "You already died here once." - he can feel she is contemplating death again.

Hide contents

Aaaa!! Why didn’t I think of that? :sweatingbullets: Maybe too much excitement! :lol: Makes sense now! Thanks!! B)

5 minutes ago, Wendy123 said:

It's not bad at all! It's actually probably one of the best dramas I've watched. The leads so have THE BEST chemistry ever~

I’ll check it out if you say so. :)

Sorry to drop in abruptly to comment! Where has her guide dog disappeared to? Is  it safe in it's house? Wish her guide dog was also in the mansion shouting woof woof when the chandelier fell!

This drama is so entertaining and I wanna see how the story unfolds! I've always enjoyed  Myungsoo's endeavors in acting so I'm partial towards him.

I think that (my thoughts) angels do not know the feeling of love, as in passionate, romantic love.

They love everyone and everything but in a benevolent manner. 

The stirrings of love and desire for an angel is probably not a good sign as an angel but perhaps it's a path to being more human.

Humans have these feelings.

Why is he compelled to save her? Pity? Sympathy? Love? or more than just love?

This is a journey where we watch an angel fall in love, a love which may require him to give up his angelic wings.

And I sincerely hope he will not dissipate into dust or smoke....

33 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Sorry to drop in abruptly to comment! Where has her guide dog disappeared to? Is  it safe in it's house? Wish her guide dog was also in the mansion shouting woof woof when the chandelier fell!

This drama is so entertaining and I wanna see how the story unfolds! I've always enjoyed  Myungsoo's endeavors in acting so I'm partial towards him.

Why apologizing? You can comment any time. lol

I was so excited about the dog. I wonder if there’s a need for it now since she got her eyes back? I was hoping Dog to play the matchmaker. 

Maybe Dan's mission is to fall in love with YS, but choose heaven over love on Earth. The deity could be testing him to see if he can overcome the greatest thing a human can know/feel and be an angel. After all, he did choose to save YS instead of going to heaven on his last day~

THE WATER(FALLS)

When it comes to symbolism, kdrama writers usually go for the moon, the sun, stars or flowers; however, in the case of One and Only Love, it’s water. Not merely rain, but the actual element of water with everything it entails and including much more than its symbolism in the Christian faith because while the drama uses the themes and motives of Catholicism and Christianity, the god depicted here merely represents the almighty deity which can be found in many religions. Basically, something higher than us. (It’s a concept similar to the one found in Goblin.)

usjWQrZ.jpg

Water symbolizes life, purity, purification and rebirth, but just as there is no light without darkness, there is no life without death. Water can give life just as much as it can take it. Humans can’t breathe under water and they can easily drown in it, yet they need it to sustain them. Without water, there would be no life, even human bodies are made of water. The element of water in the drama represents all these conflicting aspects  of life and death. Dan’s and YS’s childhood memories feature heavily the element of water. There are actually two separate flashbacks – the one time when YS saves Dan and the one time when she doesn’t and each time it isn’t merely raining but a large body of water is present. Furthermore notice, how on both these occasions Dan is falling, possibly to his death, and then fastfoward 20 years later to the two moments when Dan saves YS – IT IS ONCE AGAIN RAINING AND DAN CATCHES YS WHEN SHE FALLS. Dan almost drowned and then probably really drowned in a body of water in his childhood, 20 years later, YS wanted to kill herself in a river and then, when she was falling in her car, it was once again river in which she would have fallen and drowned. Was it her fate or her punishment for trying to take her own life to almost die the same way she previously tried to? Was it fate that Dan saved her or did he prevent her fate?

g9B8Mao.jpg

As if the there were not enough parallels with water already, the first time Dan’s approaches YS and talks to her, even though she can’t hear him, happens on the bridge across the river. And when he comes to her later and sits with her on the bench, it is once again the element of water which beckons him to her, this time rain. My guess is that water serves as a kind of trigger to restart memories and emotions for Dan and YS. It reminds me of the “deep waters” trigger in the season 4 of Sherlock. Moreover, one more water tidbit, the very first scene of the entire drama is the ballet Swan LAKE, with a giant picture of lake in the background and YS as the tormented swan princess who is a victim of a spell cast by an evil sorcerer and FALLS FROM THE SKY after being hit by an arrow. So water and the fall (either the fall(ing) of water, a person or objects) play an important role in the whole story. Even Dan himself is in one way or another a fallen angel or on his way to becoming one if he fails his mission. Well, if this isn’t symbolism and parallelism at its finest, I don’t know what else is.

tumblr_inline_ps1aocBzUo1rhkl0p_540.png

Of course, all this might turn out to be just a mere coincidence but there is no way the PD would let his two lead actors and child actors get drenched so much on regular basis in the span of two episodes for no obvious reason. The kdrama universe is rarely so lazy.

3 hours ago, briseis said:

Perfectly put. Thank you. B) Put it more lightly, can we say that Dan is the breath of fresh air she desperately needed? Acting is so good, she really looks like someone half asphyxiated in those pics you chose.

15 hours ago, immorethant said:

Official MV of OST Part 1 released.

It’s so beautiful.

Thank you @immorethant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj52h1kBGVg  - linking once more the official OST released.

My translation of the lyrics posted here, https://forums.soompi.com/topic/429321-current-drama-2019-angels-last-mission-love-단-하나의-사랑-wed-thu-2200-kst/?do=findComment&comment=21498465 since this official OST #1 is much better with the particular scenes that fit the words perfectly. For example, the part

As though a stranger in a traceless path
Wandering about hither and thither day after day

I get it now why it's a traceless path - it's speaking of Dan, who left no trail, previously when he was doing his to and fro as an angel. He was always observing humans, but they knew not, except in rare circumstances they may have felt his presence.

5 hours ago, larrysouth said:

The netizens have figured out from the Ep 3-4 end credits already who sings the next OST, the one we've been hearing from Ep 1, but we can wait for the official one. Or not.:ph34r:

Spoiler

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=oneandonlylove&no=158&page=1

"Oh My Angel" by CHAI (이수정) - Lee Soo-Jung is the singer.

In the first OST, I counted the number of scenes when Dan is staring at Yeon-Seo from afar, without her knowing. About 7 different scenes including when he jumps in, wings and all, to protect Yeon-Seo. Then, Dan, instead of gazing from afar, he walks straight up to her and holds her cheeks in his hands to tell her he'll be the one who exists only for her. After that he begins to look shy when she notices him now. :wub:

39 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I think that (my thoughts) angels do not know the feeling of love, as in passionate, romantic love.

They love everyone and everything but in a benevolent manner. 

The stirrings of love and desire for an angel is probably not a good sign as an angel but perhaps it's a path to being more human.

Humans have these feelings.

Why is he compelled to save her? Pity? Sympathy? Love? or more than just love?

This is a journey where we watch an angel fall in love, a love which may require him to give up his angelic wings.

And I sincerely hope he will not dissipate into dust or smoke....

Yes, I think Dan can stare all day at Yeon-Seo from afar, and it's not creepy - not just becoz he's the best and most innocent looking Angel I've ever seen, but becoz supposedly he's able to look at her with pure eyes without any wrong thoughts. Begs the question what is the 'biological arrangement' for Dan's 100 days when he's human Kim Dan, but I won't go there. K-dramas seem obsessed with sibling love or creating grey areas (borderline incestuous) where we are not sure what we ought to feel, but I think they do that becoz it gives the writer the premise to ask the slightly uncomfortable questions that can be explored and so we all have something to discuss at forums like this and create a buzz, LoL.:phew:

I think that Dan is staring partly out of envy. Yes, as @jakey09 said perhaps a touch of jealousy staring at JGW the normal human who can make Yeon-Seo love and help Dan get back to his celestial home, but I think he may just develop an envy over humanity itself, that we, with our warts and all, have something he as an angel does not. What exactly it is that we have, that even Angels should long for, I guess the answer to that question is what the drama is about, so we have to keep watchin:rolleyes:B)

giphy.gif Credit @Dinah the Cat

Where there  is light there is darkness

And as where there is good there is evil

So it is where there is life there is death.

... Peace always***

This is not too profound but well put and not overdone. Dan's gaze is full of curiosity but somewhat a detached one here at the funeral - L/KMS really has his various looks without words nailed, able to communicate so much with his eyes.:innocent:

Spoiler

빛이 있으면 어둠이 있고 선이 있으면 악이 있듯 삶이 있으면 죽음이 있으리. 부디, 평화를...

*** the word 부디 is kind of hard to put into English, but I chose to put it as always here.

And welcome, @angelbeast90 and everyone ! :rolleyes:

Also I think to love someone completely, you have to see through all the flaws to the diamond beneath.

To everyone, she is the spoiled heiress but her driver (Mr Jo!) and her butler can see beneath the thorns.

And the scene where I started sobbing?

MRQQpb.gif

Archived