[Variety 2019] Coffee Friends 커피프렌즈

watching this show before bed is not a good idea. it leaves ne feeling very hungry. lol...

hope they end up having a season 2 with joo jae yoon as a regular worker. would also love to see the whole reply 1994 gang guest as part timers. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

This show should put up a caution for viewers discretion.. do not watch on an empty stomach, preferably watch while eating a meal. :P

NomNomNom: The Fatal, The Gentle and The Sweet

ep8_1.gif

Happy baby :lol:

ep8_2.gif

Happy feet kaoani_whiteball_01.gif

ep8_3.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I cannot stress how I LOVE  this show. All the part-timers along with the chemistry of the Coffee Friends is just light-hearted and heartwarming at the same time. Plus, can we talk about their music throughout the episodes? IT IS AMAZING. :heart:

Sad that it's gonna end. Hoping for Season 2. Who's with me?

• Like 4

LOL! They even insert an eerie horror background music when the orders got mixed up.. rewinding the scene to check what happened. 

Hello @egoswithpopcorn  @jjoy84 and everyone (it's almost the end sob!sob!).. I sure hope there will be a season 2 and all 5 of them should return, of course. They're such a great team and indeed, the guests are celebrity friends so totally sporting. But will it be in Jeju again, will the cafe in an orchard concept be retained? But then, they've renovated the cafe really nice and who will use it after this? It's really a lot of work to be considered.. a lot of preparation have to be done.. just watching each episode, they're always coming up with more complicated dishes.

Hopefully it won't be too stressful and waiting for good news for the viewers. It's truly a cozy foodie show.

Tonight's episode: There's a bit of break between the day and night opening, the friends took the chance for photos around the cafe and their lodging place.

Published on March 1, 2019 by TVN

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh nooooo it's the last episode. I'm about to watch it. I agree with everyone. I hope they do a season 2 even if it is hard and they probably have new projects. They can do 2-day shoots in between! :D Also, I hope to see YSJ in other similar variety shows because he's a really good worker. How much he's progressed since day 1 is amazing. From a dishwasher to an all around employee.

• Like 2

yes.gif we still have one more episode next week.. showing the last night at Coffee Friends cafe plus all the unseen footage from the show.

The way to watch Coffee Friends.. by having a coffee brunch as well.. coffee-machine.gif

Photo: joo____89

:
Looks like the next variety show to replace Coffee Friends will be PD Na's 'Boarding House in Spain' with Chajumma and Papa Yoo.

Can't wait for another awesome show! 176.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Last episode airing tonight! :bawling:  The show is so good (editing and directing) and surprisingly entertaining for me.  I sure hope there is a season 2.  I would like to see more of Son Ho Jun being himself and his interactions with his friends.  Not being biased here, but he has a lot of funny moments or lines said on the show.  

I'm excited to see the other special moments from the show especially the "bromance"  :joy:

-----------------------------

I see the other fanarts are posted but not this one so I'll just share it.  So many artists got inspired by the show! :glasses::thumbsup:

• Like 5

March 8, 2019

“Coffee Friends” Cast Shares Thoughts Prior To Show’s Final Broadcast

Source: Soompi by D. S.kim

âCoffee Friendsâ Cast Shares Thoughts Prior To Showâs Final Broadcast

The cast of tvN’s “Coffee Friends” shared a few words ahead of saying goodbye to the show.

“Coffee Friends” is a reality show in which Son Ho Jun, Yoo Yeon Seok, Choi Ji Woo, and Yang Se Jong run a coffee shop in Jeju island. Customers come in and freely donate any amount they wish for the items on the menu, and the profits are donated to charity. The show was inspired by Son Ho Jun and Yoo Yeon Seok’s “Coffee Friends” project from last year.

Not only did the program encourage people to donate, but it also provided fun for viewers by featuring various celebrities who volunteered their time as part-time employees. Many top stars including Nam Joo Hyuk, EXO’s Sehun, and TVXQ’s Yunho came in support of the cafe.

Prior to airing its last episode, the show gave a sneak peek at the members sharing their thoughts on the program coming to an end. Yoo Yeon Seok said, “To me, ‘Coffee Friends’ was a pleasure. I started this project to donate with pleasure, and even though I lacked a few things, it was still enjoyable.”

Son Ho Joon followed, “I think the word ‘bittersweet’ describes [my feelings] perfectly. It was tiring, but whenever customers came in, I was very happy. It was also nice to learn that donations don’t have to be extravagant.”

Choi Ji Woo added, “I think the chemistry between the members was good. Most of all, we were able to come to [where we are right now] thanks to Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun.

When I saw your friends who readily came all the way to Jeju Island after hearing your requests, I was seriously envious of you.”

Lastly, Yang Se Jong said, “Everyone who appeared on the show was very kind. I think the memories will stay in my mind for a long time. I sincerely thank you for creating great memories for me.”

The last episode of “Coffee Friends” will air on March 8 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

March 9, 2019

“Coffee Friends” Members Are Full Of Laughs And Tears As They Wrap And Donate Proceeds To Charity

Source: Soompi by S. Park

âCoffee Friendsâ Members Are Full Of Laughs And Tears As They Wrap And Donate Proceeds To Charity

tvN’s “Coffee Friends” has now come to an end.

On the March 8 finale of the variety show, the cast opened and closed their café for the final time.

Part-time worker Nam Joo Hyuk worked hard to sell eco-bags outside of the café to customers who were reluctant to pick tangerines in the cold weather. His charming sales technique led to the tangerine farm being packed with people at night.

When some customers couldn’t order food due to the cutoff time, Choi Ji Woo and Yoo Yeon Seok made sure to provide them with the best service until the end by providing them with ice cream and fried shrimp. After all of the customers left and they officially ended their final day of service, the members celebrated with leftover food and beer. The six members sat around the table and praised one another. Yoo Yeon Seok expressed his gratitude to Choi Ji Woo, Son Ho Jun, Yang Se Jong, and Jo Jae Yoon, and Choi Ji Woo shed tears while listening to his thoughtful words.

Spoiler

Coffee-Friends2.jpg

A month later, Yoo Yeon Seok, Son Ho Jun, Choi Ji Woo, Yang Se Jong, and Jo Jae Yoon reunited in Seoul. They joked that it felt awkward because it was as if they came from different cafés. The members praised Yoo Yeon Seok, who took the lead in operating the café and providing customers with excellent customer service.

Yang Se Jong said, “I really wasn’t tired. I know because I was next to manager Yoo Yeon Seok and saw everything. I saw how he prepared for everything. I completely trust him.” Son Ho Jun added, “He has energy that makes me trust him,” and Jo Jae Yoon said, “He was just born that way.” Speaking about Son Ho Jun making drip coffee, Yoo Yeon Seok said, “I saw his luxurious side for the first time.” Jo Jae Yoon confessed, “I washed dishes for over 10 hours, and it was honestly so hard. But I could feel Son Ho Jun’s warmth when he handed me coffee.”

The final episode also revealed the members’ dorm, which had never been revealed before. The older male members took care of Yang Se Jong, and they engaged in deep conversations over a glass of wine after work.

Spoiler

coffee-friends-2-540x605.jpg

French toast with tangerine coconut jam was the most popular item on the menu with a total of 142 dishes sold. The second most-sold item was the black pork tomato stew with a total of 97 dishes sold.

Many celebrity part-time workers visited the café, including TVXQ’s Yunho, Baek Jong Won, EXO’s Sehun, B1A4’s Baro, Kang Daniel, and Nam Joo Hyuk. Yunho impressed the cast with his endless positive energy, endurance, and maxims, while Baro immediately did what he was told.

The cast was still in awe of their legendary part-time worker Baek Jong Won, who picked tangerines, washed dishes, and cooked. Sehun recorded the highest sales for tangerines, while Kang Daniel donated the largest amount of money but ended up staying for the shortest amount of time due to scheduling conflicts. Nam Joo Hyuk made two appearances on the show and was worth a hundred part-time workers.

Yoo Yeon Seok commented, “I felt so bad because the guys who came down worked so hard. I think our communication has been cut off now.” The members wrote handwritten letters to the part-time workers and sent them tangerines, and the part-time workers sent video messages in response. Baek Jong Won joked, “Don’t call me next time.”

“This was an extension of the concept of ‘funation,'” explained Yoo Yeon Seok. When asked why they didn’t set a donation amount, Son Ho Jun answered, “We can’t determine the amount because we’re not chefs or expert baristas. It was just to accept their thoughts.” Yoo Yeon Seok added, “When new items were added on the menu, the donation amount increased. I felt proud.”

The final day of business recorded 2.7 million won (approximately $2,400) in donations, which when combined with donations from previous days, came out to an overall total of 12,093,977 won (approximately $10,700). All proceeds from the café were donated for disabled children.

Coffee-Friends1.jpg

Spoiler

coffee-friends4-540x303.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Source: Sports Donga ++

The COFFEE FRIENDS got together for a gathering and then presented the overall donation to PURME Foundation for the Nexon Children's Rehabilitation Center in Sompheong, Seoul.

We are deeply grateful to all the citizens who have shown such warm goodwill and happily participated in sharing with us for a good cause. Each donation is important and will be helpful for children with disabilities who needed constant rehabilitation treatment. 

94461171.2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Source: DDOBOJA cuppa.gif

[Coffee Friends Roundup] Episode 10 (finale)

Spoiler

2019030901000644600047211_20190308235705793.jpg?type=w540

Original Source (Sports Chosun via Naver): 'Coffee Friends' Business closes, donation projection meaningful good deed 'Beauty of coming to an end'

Nationwide ratings for episode 10: 4.0% (cr. Coffee Friends Wiki)

1. [+3150, -54] I was really healed while watching this show ㅠㅠㅠㅠ But I think next time, it's better to put a price on the menu items and donate that price,,,, There was seriously a lot of people who left and didn't pay that much (t/n: The show donated around $10k in USD)
↪ [+165, -2] I'm asking because I didn't watch this show but are you saying there were people who left without paying enough to even cover the food ingredients? 
↪↪ [+98, -0] Yes.. There were really people like that ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 
↪[+220, -2] There were many people who paid with coins ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Beggar behavior doesn't go away 

2. [+1913, -36] I don't know who donated to who. They sold that bougie food but I have no words after seeing the total amount of the sales + donation.

3. [+993, -21] I feel like all the members that came out on 'Coffee Friends' have good personalities... It was nice to see them taking care of each other and taking care of their own work steadily ㅎ

4. [+657, -21] Can't believe it's the last episode, I'm so sad, it was a healing show.. All the members, only walk the flower path

5. [+438, -15] What charity did they donate to for children with disabilities?????? My application was rejected so I couldn't go (on the show) but I want to donate ㅜㅜ 'Coffee Friends' was moving!! A healing show! 
↪ [+67, -3] I know it as The Purme Foundation! The donations they collected before the show, they donated it to that charity~ It's so cool ㅠㅠㅠ   

Spoiler

2019030901000642900047091_20190308214907037.jpg?type=w540

Original Source (Sports Chosun via Naver): 'Coffee Friends' Choi Ji Woo 'cries' as Yoo Yeon Seok compliments her, "Thank you for working hard"

1. [+493, -11] Choi Ji Woo unni~ Although she's the oldest, she did her best and learned, whether it was learning how to grind the coffee beans from Ho Jun, she helped make the drinks, she had an eye for setting the tables well, I was healed thanks to you~ 

2. [+225, -8] You all worked hard but for me, Choi Ji Woo had the most lasting impression, thank you so much for your hard work

3. [+170, -10] Diligent Choi Ji Woo

4. [+160, -9] Thanks to Choi Ji Woo's smile, I also smiled the whole time while I was watching the show. You all worked hard. ㅜㅜ  

cuppa.gif Last day at COFFEE FRIENDS ~

Photos: Jo Jae Yun

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Remember when there's a foreign customer who came in the earlier episode? Here's her fan-account of going to Coffee Friends, thanks to the highlight & sharing on IG. Credits as stated ~

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I really, really enjoy the show... 

I love all the casts..

Yoo Yeon Seok (from Warm & Cozy, Romantic Doctor Kim, Reply 1994),

Son Ho Jun (from Go Back Couple, Terius Behind Me, Reply 1994),

Choi Ji Woo (since a long time... Winter Sonata time to the Three Meals A Day, Grandpa Over Flowers),

Yang Se Jong (Romantic Doctor, Temperature of Love, 30 but 17),

Jo Jae Yun (hated him in DOTS ;)),

Nam Joo Hyuk (Three Meals A Day, Weightlifting Fairy)....

All the handsome guests... :love:

Their hard work and bright attitudes were really amazing...

I bet they're very, very tired to do all the stuff they're doing... I used to work in a cafe before, so I really feel them!

But they're all smiley and warm towards the guests...

I agree that the guests should have donated more!

I mean... if my favorite actor brew me a cup of coffee.... that $10 coffee would cost more than $500! 

Moreover not only did they brew the coffee, they did all the preparations by themselves, cooked the food, and washed and clean all the dishes!!!

Gosh!!! :wub:

I am glad Na PD created this show.... 

I really enjoy this show... and so sad it's over soon....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It's probably not too far-fetched to say that tvN must already have plans for Season 2 of COFFEE FRIENDS. The producers will have to think of better ways to increase donation without losing any the charm & fun of the show. The cast and their guest part-timers really went out of their way to please the customers food-wise and fan-service.. even when they're already too tired (preparing since early morning and then continuing into the night), their smiles and greetings never stops.

A lovely compilation & fan-sharing of Coffee Friends ~ credits as stated

• Like 2
  • Love 2