[Variety 2019] Coffee Friends 커피프렌즈

On 2/3/2019 at 3:10 AM, kokodus said:

Also I can never understand how these people can stay calm and eat their food after seeing all these three in one place. I would've fainted.

HAHAHAHA I know right? I wonder if there's someone at the entrance telling people what they can and are not allowed to do. LOL Do they get to take photos with the staff or not? I would have been drooling watching YSJ. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

48 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

HAHAHAHA I know right? I wonder if there's someone at the entrance telling people what they can and are not allowed to do. LOL Do they get to take photos with the staff or not? I would have been drooling watching YSJ. LOL

Sadly, I think YSJ is the one who is getting noticed less?!?! He is completely adorable here though. Always in a confused state of mind and talking to himself loudly on what he has to do. I crack up whenever he does that. LOL. 

At least in Youn's kitchen, they were in a foreign country and people might not had been familiar with the k-stars, but here it's unacceptable for the local customers to just come in and not appreciate all the beautiful handsome men. Hahaha. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

LOL! Turned out it was YYS & SHJ who recruited their most high-profile part-time worker in the pretense of inviting him to check their cafe & food. Such sneaky bosses! :lol: CJW and YSJ were both speechless, to say the least. :P Even BJW was surprised that he's coming to do the dishes instead. But obviously.. he became the all-rounder part-timer.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, triplem said:

Watching eps 6 half way . I can feel YYS stress when the orders pile up & he keeps smiling but inside you know he’s energy is spent 

Hats off to all of them . It isn’t easy to do this when you are not trained in this industry. Fortunately customers have been forgiving since they know this is set up for charity &  no one would be angry at their favourite celebrity  :lol:

Yes, YYS needs more help with the toasts orders. They need another grill, or have an assistant take care of the plate presentation and/or help with cooking. Poor guy. I felt sorry for him when the group of young ladies had to leave for work before their order was ready. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Watched some snippets from episode 7, it's a non-stop full house with night customers ordering at least 2 dishes per table. The new menu are not simple ones either with lots of ingredients and various preparation. Hope the donation will be equally significant (over $2000?) because the cast really worked hard preparing since the afternoon and then cooking/making drinks/serving/washing dishes throughout till late night. :sweatingbullets:

Episode 7 Preview

Related soompi news

2/10: Nam Joo Hyuk And EXO’s Sehun Are Hardworking Part-Timers In “Coffee Friends” Preview

2/8 Kang Daniel To Make Special Appearance On tvN’s “Coffee Friends” For EXO’s Sehun

• Like 1

Did they run out of bread because Chef BJW kept on giving them out to customers? LOL Or is it because it's dinnertime and people eat more than usual? 

NJH is painfully shy. It would have been nice if he could stay longer.

EDIT: My mistake. The preview shows NJH returning to work as a part-timer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, triplem said:

“This is legit. I know why Yunho hyung said that now.”

LOL at Sehun. I just watched EXO's Ladder and in one episode, he won like an entire floor for himself at a pool villa they were staying in while some of the others had to sleep on the floor in one room. Sehun went to the others and asked them to sleep with him because he can't sleep alone. LOL

• Like 2

SHJ: Yeon Seok, you really look like  a professional
BJW: He's not like a professional, he is one.
(Chef Yoo is improving, thanks to Mr. Baek)

BJW: Our chef is so good.
YYS: My teacher was excellent.

BJW: That was me. :lol:

They call their teacher and make him do the dishes.:P

• Like 1

They finally got more than $2000 donated by the customers on the 6th day, during the night opening of Coffee Friends. Having Chef BJW certainly helped them get through the super busy night. For sure the production would have their back-up plans & helpers standing by but most importantly everyone have to be more confident and calm (BJW gave good tips). At times they really get (shown in the previous episodes).. as they themselves said it, flustered and almost panicking. Luckily, this time everything went well even when they were out of bread for awhile.

COFFEE FRIENDS, well done!cuppa.gif

• Like 4

Whyyy :o.. they're already ending on the 8th day?!! :sweatingbullets: So, there will (only) be one more episode showing the cafe opening for lunch and dinner on the last day. :( Thought there would at least be 10 days (10 episodes)..:tears:

Nonetheless, it's really good to see Dishwasher Jo returning to the last episode as they hoped he will.. everyone got so emotional as well.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@lollyminx now that you've mentioned it, even if there're just 9 episodes.. there's always high chance for season 2 and more. I kept thinking it's like Kdramas when there's usually no continuation. th_duh.gifSo, even if it's less than 10 episodes, we can look forward for next time.. just have to wait a bit longer.

It's really impressive to see SHJ and NJH again from their awkward 3 Meals a Day stint.. talent-wise, they've grown so much indeed! Managing a cafe plus cooking, baking & preparing various drinks and everything.. just amazing work from everyone. th_thumbup.gif

February 23, 2019

“Coffee Friends” PD On Working With Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun, Talks Reactions To Donation Sum

Source: Soompi by S. Park

âCoffee Friendsâ PD On Working With Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun, Talks Reactions To Donation Sum

Producing director (PD) Park Hee Yeon of tvN’s “Coffee Friends” shared her thoughts on the show in an interview.

“Coffee Friends” is is a reality show in which Son Ho Jun, Yoo Yeon Seok, Choi Ji Woo, and Yang Se Jong run a cafe on Jeju Island with their profits going to charity. The cafe’s menu does not list the price for each item, instead allowing customers to donate however much they want for the food and beverages.

“The cast and staff don’t think that the donations are a small amount of money,” began PD Park Hee Yeon. “We’re grateful to everyone who donated. We began with the idea of donating without pressure, and decided on a menu without prices.”

The show is full of things to watch from PD Park Hee Yeon’s beautiful images to star guests such as TVXQ’s Yunho, EXO’s Sehun, and Nam Joo Hyuk. Despite airing during the competitive time slot of Friday nights, “Coffee Friends” has secured stable viewership ratings ranging in the five to six percent range.

She attributed the show’s success to Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun and their coffee truck donation campaign, which was the basis for the format of the show. “I thought that it’d be nice if the cast continuously remodeled the warehouse,” said PD Park Hee Yeon. “The two of them were the ones who came up with the idea first. We work well together.”

She continued, “Yoo Yeon Seok, who’s a chef on the show, is a perfectionist. He places importance on the taste of the food and the reactions of the customers. Whenever he has time, he walks around the cafe and talks with the customers. Son Ho Jun, the barista, is calm. He could become overwhelmed when orders get backed up, but he remains composed.”

Park-Hee-Yeon.jpg

On the sixth day, the cafe surpassed its highest profit of 2 million won (approximately $1,800). Viewers differ in their opinions about the donations, and some commented that this was a small amount when taking into consideration the amount and quality of the food as well as the high price of Jeju Island.

The PD stated, “We’re emphasizing the importance of experiencing ‘happy giving.’ There were people who gave a large amount and some who didn’t. Despite that, we revealed the total amount because I thought that it fit the purpose of the show.”

PD Park Hee Yeon has a long history of producing food variety shows including “House Cook Master Baek” and “Street Food Fighter.” With “House Cook Master Baek,” she got to know Baek Jong Won and formed a deep interest in food, which then led to “Coffee Friends.”

Describing herself as someone who has taste blindness, she confessed, “Food variety is a charming but difficult genre. There are so many shows that there is some pressure to stand out.”

She concluded, “Baek Jong Won and Son Ho Jun’s new menu creations will continue. I also think that the part-time workers will all show their different charms. The growth of the cast as they gain experience will be a point to watch out for in the second half of the show.”

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1