[Variety 2019] Coffee Friends 커피프렌즈

th_welcome.gif

2019cf_tvn.jpg

December 3, 2018

Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun To Star In New Variety Show

With Choi Ji Woo & Yang Se Jong As First Guests cuppa.gif

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun To Star In New Variety Show With Choi Ji Woo And Yang Se Jong As First Guests

Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun will be bringing warmth to viewers with their own variety show!

On December 3, it was announced that tvN will be airing a new reality show titled “Coffee Friends.” The show will follow Yoo Yeon Sok and Son Ho Jun as they run a cafe located in a tangerine farm on Jeju Island, and they will donate all of their profit to a charitable cause.

The show is inspired by the duo’s “Coffee Friends” project, where they gave cups of coffee to citizens in exchange for donations. The goal was to show people that it isn’t difficult to start donating to those in need. Now, they will be taking the concept to another level as they sell coffee and brunch at a cafe.

Anticipation is rising as it has been revealed that producing director (PD) Na Young Suk will be a creative director for the show. He has worked with the two actors on popular variety shows like “Youth Over Flowers” and “Three Meals a Day.” The show will be directed by PD Park Hee Yeon, who has co-directed many shows with PD Na Young Suk as well as programs like “Teacher Baek” and “Street Food Fighter.”

Just like how Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun invited friends to help run their coffee truck for the “Coffee Friends” project, the show will also invite guests to work as part-time employees. The first guests on the show will be Choi Ji Woo and Yang Se Jong. Choi Ji Woo was invited by Son Ho Jun after getting to know each other on “Three Meals a Day,” and Yang Se Jong will be making his first-ever variety show appearance after being invited by Yoo Yeon Seok.

PD Park Hee Yeon said, “We have decided to launch this new variety show after being inspired by the donation project Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun led this year. The various happenings that take place in the cafe will move viewers and also bring laughter to them.”

Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun’s “Coffee Friends” is set to premiere on tvN in January 2019.

Source (1)

coffee-machine.gif

December 5, 2018

cuppa.gif tvN’s New Variety Show Shares Sneak Peek

Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun's Cafe

Source: Soompi by J. Lim

tvNâs New Variety Show Shares Sneak Peek Of Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Junâs Cafe

tvN’s new variety show “Coffee Friends” has offered a sneak peek of what to expect!

“Coffee Friends” shared their first photos on their official Instagram account recently, showing Son Ho Jun, Yoo Yeon Seok, Choi Ji Woo, and Yang Se Jong wearing aprons and posing for a photo. There were also a couple of photos of the food and beverages being offered at their cafe.

“Coffee Friends” will be a variety show that follows Yoo Yeon Seok and Son Ho Jun as they run a cafe in a tangerine farm on Jeju Island, with their profits being donated to charity. The show was inspired by the two close friends and their “Coffee Friends” donation project this year.

Choi Ji Woo and Yang Se Jong will be the first guests on the show, and they will be working as part-time employees at the cafe. Choi Ji Woo was invited by Son Ho Jun as they had previously met through “Three Meals a Day,” while Yang Se Jong was invited by Yoo Yeon Seok as they had appeared on “Romantic Doctor Kim” together.

“Coffee Friends” is set to premiere in January 2019.

Source (1)

2019c_1.jpg

Related links cuppa.gif

Official Instagram // #CoffeeFriends

Related News Updates via Soompi cuppa.gif

Yang Se Jong Talks About Good Scripts And Appearance In “Coffee Friends” (X)
Nam Joo Hyuk To Appear On “Coffee Friends” As Part-Time Employee (X)
EXO’s Sehun To Make Guest Appearance As Part-Time Worker On “Coffee Friends” (X)
3 Ways Yoo Yeon Seok Has Captured Hearts On “Coffee Friends” (X)
Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun Talk About Inviting Celebrity Friends to “Coffee Friends” (X)
Son Ho Jun And Yoo Yeon Seok Are Cute, Professional Baristas In “Coffee Friends” Teasers (X)
tvN’s New Variety Show Shares Sneak Peek Of Yoo Yeon Seok And Son Ho Jun’s Cafe (X)

3 Ways Yoo Yeon Seok Has Captured Hearts On “Coffee Friends”(X)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Photos: 2019coffeefriends

January 4, 2019

Son Ho-joon of ‘Coffee Friends’ recalls U-Know Yunho as amusing guest

Source: KpopHerald

It seems that U-Know Yunho will play a huge role in tvN’s new reality program “Coffee Friends.”

On Friday, actor Son Ho-jun, who is set to star in the program, talked about the TVXQ member’s upcoming appearance in the show during a press conference for the program held in Seoul on Friday. 

Starring Son and actor Yoo Yun-suk, “Coffee Friends” will feature the two actors running a pop-up, non-profit cafe on Jeju Island, located at a tangerine farm. As part of a charity project, all proceeds from the selling will be donated. 

Asked about the most impressive guest who has featured in the show, Son said, “It was U-Know Yunho. As we know, he is very passionate and competitive. And when he attended a giveaway event in the program, he just became himself.”

“Yunho’s episode earned the most donations, and he keeps calling us to get updated with the record. It will be amusing to watch him in the show,” he added.

Having risen as an icon for passion for his positive personality and energy, Yunho recently wrapped up his fan meeting in Seoul that celebrated TVXQ’s 15th anniversary. 

“Coffee Friends” is set to premiere later on the day at 9:10 p.m. 

By Hong Dam-young (lotus@heraldcorp.com)

The reality of a coffee shop

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

04193218.jpg

Actors Yoo Yeon-seok and Son Ho-jun attend a press conference for the upcoming tvN reality program “Coffee Friends” on Friday at the Imperial Palace Hotel located in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. In the program, the two open a cafe in a tangerine orchard located on Jeju Island. [TVN]

Translation by: DDOBOJA

[Coffee Friends Roundup] Episode 1 cuppa.gif

201901042040303423025_20190104224510_01_20190104224713077.jpg?type=w540

Choi Ji Woo, Coffee Friends, Son Ho Jun, Yang Se Jong, Yoo Yeon Seok   

Original Source (Herald POP via Naver): 'Coffee Friends' Son Ho Jun x Yoo Yeon Seok opens a brunch cafe in Jeju with Choi Ji Woo x Yang Se Jong

Nationwide ratings for episode 1: 4.901% (cr. Nielsen Korea)

1. [+2456, -46] I was totally pleased my eyes properly, isn't it like the best cafe that comes out in manhwas. It's even more of a healing show because everyone looks nice. I feel like people who went there as customers were blessed 

2. [+1258, -50] The casting is crazy, from Yoo Yeon Seok to Yang Se Jong wow.. My heart is exploding 

3. [+847, -32] I was immersed while watching ^^ It kinda feels like a variety show and a drama.. I don't know if it's because the cast is actors, my eyes were really pleased~~

4. [+603, -22] They're really pure people ^^

5. [+493, -23] Sweet variety shows like this are really my type 

6. [+349, -6] Wow! Our Ho Jun-ie really changed. He grew to the point where he can lead a show. Yeon Seok-ie, Ji Woo, Se Jong are beautiful people. I enjoyed watching it~ 

2019010501000326400022971_20190104214734460.jpg?type=w540

Original Source (Sports Chosun via Naver): 'Coffee Friends' Yoo Yeon Seok · Son Ho Jun, open their cafe in Jeju Island…Choi Ji Woo · Yang Se Jong join as 'part-time workers'

1. [+1533, -25] The casting is insane (t/n: The original comment literally says the casting is killer and by 'killer' they're saying the casting is like awesome, cool, amazingggg)

2. [+839, -25] I feel like the more you get to know Yoo Yeon Seok, he's a really good person~ ^^

3. [+771, -27] What is it that Ho Jun-ie can't do. Even his glasses are cute ㅋㅋ

4. [+422, -23] Yang Se Jong ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ He's so cute ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+200, -4] Choi Ji Woo unni look good care of the grandpas when she went on 'Grandpa Over Flowers', I feel like she was really sincere, tried hard and did well as a hall manager today       

• Like 2

January 9, 2019

Inaugural episode of 'Coffee Friends' lands high on weekly TV chart

SEOUL, Jan. 9 (Yonhap) -- Entertainment-oriented cable channel tvN's new reality show "Coffee Friends" landed high on the weekly TV program chart in the week of the show's debut, data showed Wednesday.

The tvN program, which ran its first episode on Friday, earned a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 239.4 for the week of Dec. 31-Jan. 6.

The brand new show famously employed two heartthrobs, Son Ho-joon and Yoo Yeon-seok. Yoo cemented his presence with a breakout role in the wildly successful 2018 tvN drama series "Mr. Sunshine."

Spoiler

f1.jpg

Spoiler

f2.jpg

Spoiler

f3.jpg

The new reality program was inspired by the two close friends' private charity project of the same title. The program reflects the continuing popularity of reality shows featuring gastronomy and celebrities in South Korea.

"Coffee Friends" follows the two young bachelors' attempt to build a brunch place out of a tangerine farm house on the scenic Jeju Island.

Other big-name entertainers, including Choi Ji-woo, are invited as guests of the Friday night show to add sparkle.

The weekly chart was topped by tvN drama series "Encounter," starring Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum. The Wednesday-Thursday program depicts the journey of Cha Soo-hyun, a daughter of a high-profile politician who divorced her chaebol husband, to find her true love.

"Encounter" garnered a 269.4 CPI score and was followed by the SBS drama series "The Last Empress," which earned 252.6.

CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on the three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and the seven cable channels owned by CJ ENM, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time.

JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

This image of tvN reality show "Coffee Friends" was provided by the cable channel. (Yonhap)

This image of tvN reality show "Coffee Friends" was provided by the cable channel. (Yonhap)

pbr@yna.co.kr

• Like 2

January 17, 2019

Nam Joo Hyuk To Appear On “Coffee Friends” As Part-Time Employee

Source: Soompi by J. K

Nam Joo Hyuk To Appear On âCoffee Friendsâ As Part-Time Employee

Nam Joo Hyuk has been cast as a new part-time employee for the variety show “Coffee Friends”!

On January 16, the tvN show told Newsen, “Nam Joo Hyuk worked together with us on January 15 as a new part-time worker, after being invited by Son Ho Jun.”

Nam Joo Hyuk and Son Ho Jun are both actors under YG Entertainment. Their labelmate Choi Ji Woo also appeared on the show as the first part-time worker.

“Coffee Friends” is a show that features Son Ho Jun and Yoo Yeon Seok running a cafe for charity on Jeju Island. They invite their friends to come help out as part-time employees, and their guest list includes Choi Ji Woo, Yang Se Jong, Jo Jae Yoon, TVXQ’s Yunho, and EXO’s Sehun.

“Coffee Friends” airs on Fridays at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rubie said:

Nam Joo Hyuk has been cast as a new part-time employee for the variety show “Coffee Friends”!

Wow:love: dream team ... drool drool... :P

MhmLjt5.jpg

:lol:oh @triplem this cafe is super dreamy heee... ops i mean the menu looks yummy:w00t:. I need those coffee hahaahaa... btw did u spot that LOVE shirt Kim Bon wore in Terius ? So funny when i see cutie SHJ wearing it:

Cto

Hope to see NJH appearing soon :lol:

The drawing by a customer in episode 3 :blush:

drawing.jpg

Wished the program would show the preparation segment, particularly how they created the two large windows for the cafe and the interior design for the kitchen, etc. Maybe it'll be shown in the finale, the director's cut.. perhaps?

• Like 3

I'm loving this new show so far !

Listening to the customers has been interesting...

Son Ho Jun waiting for customers reminded me of his character at the end of Terrius Behind Me.

Running Yang Se Jong keeps reminding me of his character in 30but17.

Questions:

• How long will the part-timers stay ? Is it just depending on themselves and their schedule?
  • How do you feel about bringing more part-timers? Looks like they would need the help, but will it not get too crowded?
  • If you were there, where would you want to be seated? By the window to admire the tangerine trees? Or in the tent for the fun? Or at the counter to see the behind the scenes? Or at a table? I'd pick the counter!
  •  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, halfmoon said:
  • How long will the part-timers stay ? Is it just depending on themselves and their schedule?
  • How do you feel about bringing more part-timers? Looks like they would need the help, but will it not get too crowded?
  • If you were there, where would you want to be seated? By the window to admire the tangerine trees? Or in the tent for the fun? Or at the counter to see the behind the scenes? Or at a table? I'd pick the counter!

1. :lol: hmmm.. i hope cutie YSJ gets to stay till the end of the show heee... he is very blur and cute:P. Seems like he is not so 'well-known' in Korea yet? He won quite a few awards lately.:grimace:

Cto:

2. I dont mind more cuties on board but i think maybe the senior male actor doing the washing (i dont know his name) will probably stop helping out ?:tounge_wink:

3. Yap! Counter seat the best view ya? Ya.

SRHU9VC.jpg

But wait.. i dont like the sun too...hahaaa:sweat_smile: