Quantcast
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] About is Love 大约是爱

Still don’t understand what is the matter with the mother and father of the WQ treating that way! Guest have to wait and find out then can’t wait for this drama to fully release all episodes love to binge watching the drama.

• Like 2

Hi, been watching the raws of this fun drama online; I’m hooked! Even though I cannot understand a lick of Chinese. lol. Her antics are hilarious and somewhat predictable, but I love seeing the two main leads interact. 

I’ve tried searching if this drama stems from a novel, but I come up with nothing. Does anyone know if there is a novel, and if so, an English translation?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jafstar said:

Hi, been watching the raws of this fun drama online; I’m hooked! Even though I cannot understand a lick of Chinese. lol. Her antics are hilarious and somewhat predictable, but I love seeing the two main leads interact. 

I’ve tried searching if this drama stems from a novel, but I come up with nothing. Does anyone know if there is a novel, and if so, an English translation?

hi....yes it suppose to base on the novel with the exact name.....im not sure if anyone ever translate it in the webnovel.....i keep you posted if i find the link......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, angelangie said:

About is Love hit 3 billion viewers :) 

Wow! It was only released on 3 December so ti has reached 3 billion In 10 days!  That's really good, I think?

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Wow! It was only released on 3 December so ti has reached 3 billion In 10 days!  That's really good, I think?

yup it is good :) i love the light and comedy sides of the romance....

as well as some angst in between WeiQing n his mom......

• Like 2

The family photo says it all.  The WQ standing aside with his family like a stranger while the adopted boy XF is adored and loved by both parents. XF is like a son they wished to have but unfortunately they got a son WQ who didn't inherit any of their artistic talents. His father said a lot of hurtful words to WQ - always comparing his work with his prodigy XF and scolded his son for not being able to learn how to paint like XF. When WQ sold his 1st painting, he was so proud of his achievement that he went giddyly to tell his father. What did the father say? Instead of being happy and proud n say something encouraging, he told his son to better burn that painting of his. He doesn't what son''s sub-standard painting to be prominently displayed in someone's house. It will be so disgraceful to link that painting to the family name ie. his famous painter father.

What kind of parent is that? That's not the way to encourage your son to paint better. 

His mother is another - in her eyes, her husband is the sun moon n earth. Her world evolve around her husband only. There's no room for her son. Makes me wonder why on earth she decided to gave a kid. Might as well don't have a kid. She adores XF because her husband adores XF and also XF is gifted in painting. 

It's painful to see how QW still yearns for his mother's touch, love and validation of his existence. How happy he was when his assistant suggest that he give that bowl to XF to his mom ... an opportunity for him to reach out to his mom n a chance for his mom to see him as a person and not a monster. His smile and his whole being brightened up with that idea. His heart just went there with full of hope and yearnings ... that it was so painful to watch. And his mom rejected him cruelly, breaking his heart, even his assistant was sad for him.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

yup it is good :) i love the light and comedy sides of the romance....

as well as some angst in between WeiQing n his mom......

Good for them!  I'm jealous of those watching :P

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

The family photo says it all.  The WQ standing aside with his family like a stranger while the adopted boy XF is adored and loved by both parents. XF is like a son they wished to have but unfortunately they got a son WQ who didn't inherit any of their artistic talents. His father said a lot of hurtful words to WQ - always comparing his work with his prodigy XF and scolded his son for not being able to learn how to paint like XF. When WQ sold his 1st painting, he was so proud of his achievement that he went giddyly to tell his father. What did the father say? Instead of being happy and proud n say something encouraging, he told his son to better burn that painting of his. He doesn't what son''s sub-standard painting to be prominently displayed in someone's house. It will be so disgraceful to link that painting to the family name ie. his famous painter father.

What kind of parent is that? That's not the way to encourage your son to paint better. 

His mother is another - in her eyes, her husband is the sun moon n earth. Her world evolve around her husband only. There's no room for her son. Makes me wonder why on earth she decided to gave a kid. Might as well don't have a kid. She adores XF because her husband adores XF and also XF is gifted in painting. 

It's painful to see how QW still yearns for his mother's touch, love and validation of his existence. How happy he was when his assistant suggest that he give that bowl to XF to his mom ... an opportunity for him to reach out to his mom n a chance for his mom to see him as a person and not a monster. His smile and his whole being brightened up with that idea. His heart just went there with full of hope and yearnings ... that it was so painful to watch. And his mom rejected him cruelly, breaking his heart, even his assistant was sad for him.

i cant agree and written it better than how u written it....

i dont understand why they rejected their son....a son who did everything he could to be what they want......other than being untalented in the artistic way as they would prefer....honestly he is a good son.....he did what he should and go ahead with what he can.....when i saw how the dad criticize the son for showing him how proud and happy he was with his first sales, the dad pour cold water over him.....i mean what kind of parent that do that to a child?

and also i notice they have WeiQing always speaking in English with the parent and how the dad will always told him to 'Speak in Mandarin' i was  annoy to be honest...i mean like....so u dont want your son to be westernize than you should have make him stay home and instead of sending him abroad for school which i suspected....u should have let him being school locally......

infact he is doing very well in the business department.....so at the end the dad left everything to WeiQing.....i wonder did he see the light of what he did when he was living to his only son....and try to redeem with that? or just because he doesnt trust his wife managing skill.......

• Like 2

On 12/11/2018 at 8:41 PM, angelangie said:

same here....im up to episode 18 though :D 

it is really cute right? :) i didnt dare to post too much of the gif as i dont want to spoil it for others that yet to have a chance to watch it :D 

calling out to @thunderman1 i know u like school romance but try this one too....it is pretty cool too it is currently up to episode 18 in raw... :) and im loving the OTP chemy :D

@lynne22 u should try too :D i like this series too :D  and @UnniSarah i think u find their romance pretty cute too....and they seems to match pretty well :) 

hello chingus. thank you for the shoutout. This drama has been on my watch list but I'm quite overwhelmed with work and getting ready for the holidays :) 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

hello chingus. thank you for the shoutout. This drama has been on my watch list but I'm quite overwhelmed with work and getting ready for the holidays :) 

no worries take your times :)  the drama just got release anyway :) 

• Like 1

About is Love production team releases some pictures of their room setting with the below stated 

#大约是爱# 每一个好看的场景都是细心与用心的成果,给幕后英雄们点赞

#AboutisLove# Every nice looking scenes is the results of hardwork, giving a thumbup for all those heroes who work from behind.

0071huyFgy1fy5fuiv0qgj319x0u01kx_zpssjmu0071huyFgy1fy5fulc67ij319x0u01kx_zpsqiox0071huyFgy1fy5fulz96tj319x0u07wh_zpsewk8

Spoiler

0071huyFgy1fy5gcb7oe8j319x0u07wh_zpsnjbt0071huyFgy1fy5gc47bwcj319x0u0b29_zpsxio90071huyFgy1fy5fulaoh3j319x0u01kx_zps83sm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, angelangie said:

no worries take your times :)  the drama just got release anyway :) 

I hear it's 18+ episodes in so not too new! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I hear it's 18+ episodes in so not too new! 

well this is only the 2nd week of its release....and u know how fast China always release their first set of episodes

• Like 1

more stills of ZhouShi attending a formal dinner with WeiQing :) they look beautiful here :)

0071huyFgy1fy5fjcuvzgj31900u0npd_zps5yjx0071huyFgy1fy5fjcxzrbj31900u0b29_zps96gz

Spoiler

0071huyFgy1fy5fjdhhhej31900u07wh_zpsmisa0071huyFgy1fy5fjc80rwj31900u0nlp_zpsidz00071huyFgy1fy5fjctgpsj31900u0hdt_zpspgqr0071huyFgy1fy5fjcx49wj31900u0e81_zpsysc7

• Like 2

Is it Monday yet??? I was needing something to keep me going through the weekend. These adorable pictures are like watering a dry plant. lol. @angelangie Thank you! 

I love their height compliments; they look so picturesque next to each other. :wub:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jafstar said:

Is it Monday yet??? I was needing something to keep me going through the weekend. These adorable pictures are like watering a dry plant. lol. @angelangie Thank you! 

I love their height compliments; they look so picturesque next to each other. :wub:

yes i love them too.....their chemistry is awesome for me that why im staying with the series and i cant wait.....however this coming Monday & Tuesday i wont be around so u be alone on this :D