Quantcast
angelangie

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] About is Love 大约是爱

just binged watch the entire series the weekend. love love wei qing. the mom made me so mad the entire series blaming him and hating him that the dad loved him more then her. smh. wish the ending was handled better. it didn't show him going to her asking how she got yun ma arts back showing that she got some business smarts.

• Like 5

After being played out by a number of Kdramas lately, I only watch variety shows until I chanced upon a few video clips of this drama on Youtube. :D

Now I understand why many Kdrama fans are also into Cdramas from some drama watching blogs. Very pleased to find a thread here about this awesome drama too. Waving to @pad-hari (1st met on 1% of Anything) & @selen4ever (Sunny again tomorrow) & a few other regular posters! :lol:

As an Art enthusiast, I'm loving this drama a lot and the main topic about allergy is interesting too. The cast is doing a great job (swooning over Yan Xi off course) and the setting in art galleries is a bonus. The chemistry between the OTP is off the chart & the OSTs are lovely to listen too! My biased against Cdramas immediately changed after this as I rewatched it again !:blush:

Best of all being an elderly Chinese who seldom use the language (we use English at home) even though I've learnt it years ago. I cant even read simple Chinese story books to my grandchildren and my daughter told me to stick to English when speaking to them as my tone isn't good enough. Heeee! I'm now re-learning  Chinese again in order to teach my grandchildren. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, gladys57 said:

After being played out by a number of Kdramas lately, I only watch variety shows until I chanced upon a few video clips of this drama on Youtube. :D

Now I understand why many Kdrama fans are also into Cdramas from some drama watching blogs. Very pleased to find a thread here about this awesome drama too. Waving to @pad-hari (1st met on 1% of Anything) & @selen4ever (Sunny again tomorrow) & a few other regular posters! :lol:

As an Art enthusiast, I'm loving this drama a lot and the main topic about allergy is interesting too. The cast is doing a great job (swooning over Yan Xi off course) and the setting in art galleries is a bonus. The chemistry between the OTP is off the chart & the OSTs are lovely to listen too! My biased against Cdramas immediately changed after this as I rewatched it again !:blush:

Best of all being an elderly Chinese who seldom use the language (we use English at home) even though I've learnt it years ago. I cant even read simple Chinese story books to my grandchildren and my daughter told me to stick to English when speaking to them as my tone isn't good enough. Heeee! I'm now re-learning  Chinese again in order to teach my grandchildren. :wub:

Hi there!!!!! LTNS.  glad u r in this thread and chose this gem of a drama.  Recently I have been watching many Chinese dramas and very rare k dramas.  I picked up Korean language to an extent and mandarin is a challenge for me.  So to pick up my Chinese knowledge I started watching c dramas.  But still its a challenge for me.  :tounge_wink:.  So I realised there are good beautiful dramas from mainland and this drama is supposed to be one.  Beautiful leads, excellent chemistry, nice story content and especially good ending in spite of usual Chinese dramas BE, all these made me watch this.  Have u finished watching this?  If so, let me know your thoughts.  There r so many more cute C dramas recently,  if u r a fan of mainland dramas I 'll recommend you some.  jaiyou!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the translation of the Chinese title should be Perhaps Love or something along those lines. About is Love ... a very direct translation but so grammatically wrong. 

With that out of the way, I binge-watched this too! I didn’t skip an episode or fast forwarded any parts - it is a miracle! I love it!

I have been burnt many times by Cdramas that are aesthetically very pleasing but have roughly hewn layers of storytelling that despite my liking for the characters, I had to stop midway for fear of losing my senses ranting. Comparatively, this one is a gem. There are some very manufactured moments that made me bend over and cringe like an overcooked prawn but most of it I enjoyed very much.

The songs are written to match the story it seems - good prose/thoughts are simply put but yet contemplative and full of hope. Lovely. 

I like the art aspect of the story too but not much expounding was done other than comparing artistic appreciation vs commercial value. I do however like the focus of the Chinese character “ran” in the pieces of the art genius, using it to express his desire to find his sibling - the meaning behind art is understood/ appreciated by the likeminded.

i read that the viewership for this drama has surpassed 10mil? No wonder :)

• Like 4

@pad-hariyes! I've watched this drama TWICE! I love everything about it ; the plot, friendship among the three roommates,  the sassy & strong minded Zhou Shi. Certain parts are quite cliche but what I like about Wei Qing is that he isn't TOO PUSHY. Yes, he was initially a JERK at the beginning but toned down a lot after realising that Zhou Shi is totally different from all the girls he'd met. He really became her good friend and only realised he was totally in love with her  after meeting with the sexy dermatologist. :D

But I dont like the ending at all. How could Wei Qing kept Zhou Shi waiting for 6 long months when he missed her after not seeing her for 5 days? Then again he has already heard from ZS's roommate the Genius that ZS really loves him. Very disappointed with the very rushed ending. Missed seeing more of their reconcilatory scenes. But overall, it is really a GEM of a drama.:wub:

@rocat if you'd checked earlier posting, the viewvership had surpassed 10 billion, not 10 million!:lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

21 hours ago, gladys57 said:

@pad-hariyes! I've watched this drama TWICE! I love everything about it ; the plot, friendship among the three roommates,  the sassy & strong minded Zhou Shi. Certain parts are quite cliche but what I like about Wei Qing is that he isn't TOO PUSHY. Yes, he was initially a JERK at the beginning but toned down a lot after realising that Zhou Shi is totally different from all the girls he'd met. He really became her good friend and only realised he was totally in love with her  after meeting with the sexy dermatologist. :D

But I dont like the ending at all. How could Wei Qing kept Zhou Shi waiting for 6 long months when he missed her after not seeing her for 5 days? Then again he has already heard from ZS's roommate the Genius that ZS really loves him. Very disappointed with the very rushed ending. Missed seeing more of their reconcilatory scenes. But overall, it is really a GEM of a drama.:wub:

@rocat if you'd checked earlier posting, the viewvership had surpassed 10 billion, not 10 million!:lol:

@gladys57 I don’t much fancy the ending either for reasons you mentioned above, particularly the lapse in development between the time they were in the mountain resort and their union 6 mths later.

I thought feelings were amply clear for both WQ n ZS save for ego and stubbornness. I can understand her hesitation due to her desire to be treated like an equal cos WQ is indeed controlling and manipulative. So there were issues, gaps to be addressed- I can’t see how they bridged gaps in the end. They used time to brush that off so I found that wanting. 

But I do like how ZS summarized everything in the end with the kiss. They are both so nice to look at so I forgive! Heh.

@pad-hari if you have any good Cdrama recommendations, please do let me in on them too! Would love a good show! :) TIA!

• Like 3

On 4/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, rocat said:

@pad-hari if you have any good Cdrama recommendations, please do let me in on them too! Would love a good show! :)TIA!

Sorry for the late reply.  For now, I LL tell you 2 good ones, which is short and sugary sweet. In spoiler

Spoiler

1.well intended boss

2. I hear you/most beautiful thing(ML acting starts bad but gets better as show moves) 

Try these two.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

After watching this drama and a few other mainland Cdramas, I'm currently hooked on them. It has been an eye opener for me. 

Being a Chinese myself, I'm ashamed of myself for being baised against them after becoming a Kdrama addict in 2006. :D

• LOL 2