Seo In Guk and Jung So Min | Stars Couple/ MooKang Couple

teachermok

1 hour ago, alivingparadox24 said:

I was kinda expecting him to show up during MMA 2018 but I know it's impossible since there's zero news regarding his comeback. And we're not even sure if it's gonna materialize soon because of his army scandal. Someone mentioned earlier (not sure if it's in Soompi or YT whtvr) that SIG's drama comeback is quite untimely coz the knetz's response concerning the aforementioned issue might greatly affect the ratings. Nonetheless, the reason for TSHLYE's low ratings was mainly prompted by its overall tone and mature content and not because of SIG's latest army dilemma (the ratings were not really considered low since it's a cable drama ya know what I mean)

I'm hoping that at his concert next weekend we'll get some news about his comeback plans. At his last concert in 2016, he debuted 2 new songs that came out a few months later. 

I'm also wondering if he might be planning to be in a movie next? SIG usually doesn't take long breaks from acting but I don't know if the military scandal might change things. PSW mentioned in the VLive interview that a friend of his had seen SIG at a get together for film staff handing out alcohol relieving drinks and he joked that maybe he was trying to get a role in a film. And the 'Train to Busan' director sent SIG and JSM a coffee truck, despite not having worked with either of them before. I could see him casting SIG because of the Ma Dong Suk connection. 

Either way, I hope we get news of SIG soon! I'm dreading another long wait like after the military exemption happened. I'm glad JSM seems to have a lot of stuff lined up, she really deserves more recognition as well. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, alivingparadox24 said:

would be really pleased if they are given the chance to do a magazine couple photoshoot together where they can talk about their post-drama thoughts in-depth. I'd also love it if PSW joins them.

Sorry for cutting your post but i really want it  too! a photoshoot or an interview together! We deserve it, after all the  anxiety that they gave  us, it’s the least they could do :P 

4 hours ago, alivingparadox24 said:

(please stop me from purchasing JK's plaid trench coat please help me it's not even freezing cold out here)

I also noticed that Jin Kang and JSM's fashion are quite different (since they're also mainly from two different worlds hahaha). JSM's everyday getup is more of a Yoon Ji Ho than a Yoo Jin Kang. I really love both of them to bits but I wouldn't mind giving Jin Kang a larger chunk of my heart knowing that love was deprived of her when the adults failed to do so. Thank goodness MY was there to give her the largest portion of his heart when she needed it the most (dammit I'm crying again. you can also have the largest piece of my heart, Moo Young-ahhh gaaahd).

I won't stop you, in fact I'd like to persuade you to get that plaid trench coat just for that one day out of the year when it's actually cool enough to wear it, trust me, you won't regret it! So doooo it! (I live in a warm city as well so I don't get many chances to wear coats and blazers so I know how you feel, BUT you only live once, so do it!Haha)

Man, we're on the same wavelength because I thought of the exact same thing in terms of JSM's fashion! From what I see of JSM's pics and what she's said in interviews in the past, her personal style veers more towards the comfy loose, bohemian/vintage fashion like what she wore in BTLIMF, but I really liked what she wore as JK because it looked both casual and sophisticated, stuff that I could actually picture myself wearing to the office.

OR AT LEAST A 15-SECOND HOTPOT/MAXIM COFFEE CF TOGETHER???????? (Still haven't forgiven PD Yoo for replacing 5 minutes of MooKang's actual screentime with Maxim Mocha Gold Coffee PPLs in episode 10 tsk tsk)

Tell me about it! They did a lot of random PPL for that Dyson vacuum JK kept using , but the time could've totally been better spent on more scenes for MooKang!

And yes, SIG & JSM could totally do a shabu shabu commercial together, or like a toilet paper ad, whatever, I don't care because I'd buy whatever they tried to sell me :P 

I'll try my best to listen to JSM's radio program in the upcoming week to see if she mentions anything TSHLFE related and hopefully someone else will report back on how SIG's upcoming fan meeting/concert goes, that way we can piece together some news and see if there's any mention of their drama or experience on set together.

Oh boy, it's like being a detective trying to just find tidbits of information *sheesh* Ha. Oh well, it's all in good fun!

I would be really pleased if they are given the chance to do a magazine couple photoshoot together where they can talk about their post-drama thoughts in-depth. I'd also love it if PSW joins them.

OR AT LEAST A 15-SECOND HOTPOT/MAXIM COFFEE CF TOGETHER???????? (Still haven't forgiven PD Yoo for replacing 5 minutes of MooKang's actual screentime with Maxim Mocha Gold Coffee PPLs in episode 10 tsk tsk)

A magazine feature would be pure gold! Please please magazine gods!!! Hear our pleas out!!!

2 hours ago, dobbying said:

I'm hoping that at his concert next weekend we'll get some news about his comeback plans. At his last concert in 2016, he debuted 2 new songs that came out a few months later. 

I'm also wondering if he might be planning to be in a movie next? SIG usually doesn't take long breaks from acting but I don't know if the military scandal might change things. PSW mentioned in the VLive interview that a friend of his had seen SIG at a get together for film staff handing out alcohol relieving drinks and he joked that maybe he was trying to get a role in a film. And the 'Train to Busan' director sent SIG and JSM a coffee truck, despite not having worked with either of them before. I could see him casting SIG because of the Ma Dong Suk connection. 

Either way, I hope we get news of SIG soon! I'm dreading another long wait like after the military exemption happened. I'm glad JSM seems to have a lot of stuff lined up, she really deserves more recognition as well. 

Yes, things have been pretty quiet from SIG's end. Maybe he's still testing the waters after all that military exemption brouhaha. I hope the Korean public gives him a break already. The backlash was pretty harsh, and I feel bad for a nice and talented actor to have to go through that. I also hope that his mental health has recovered, too, coz I read somewhere that he went through a depressive phase because of the issue.

I'm dreading a long wait, as well. I dunno how long I could last without another SIG project!

LOL at those random Dyson PPL! I actually tried to analyze deeper into those scenes thinking they have significance of sorts (e.g. cleaning as a metaphor for something haha) only to realize by episode 16 that heck thay are just super random PPLs pffffftttt I would have been more forgiving if Dyson had  random MooKang cleaning together moments! True, true, I'll buy anything they sell me! HAHAHA

Yes, all in good fun! All good fun! Lucky to have you guys around :wub:

1 hour ago, alivingparadox24 said:
HUWAAAT??? NO SEO IN GUK??? :unamused: i’m crying

I can't even....seriously?! What do I have to do have JSM & SIG in the same room again?! For cryin' out loud, I'm flipping tables now:angry:

I'm not saying that JSM & SIG should be best friends in real life or anything, but sheesh, as colleagues I just want them to get together to give a commentary on their drama so I can get more insight into what I consider a very well-written and produced show. (& no, I don't have a patience to wait for a Director's Blu Ray DVD which may or may not even happen...)

Nevertheless, thanks for the news @alivingparadox24

14 hours ago, dobbying said:

. And the 'Train to Busan' director sent SIG and JSM a coffee truck, despite not having worked with either of them before. I could see him casting SIG because of the Ma Dong Suk connection. 

Seriously?! That is awesome and a huge deal. Say what you want about ratings, but these two deserve all the recognition from others involved in the kdrama tv and film industry. I'm so proud to be a fan of SIG and JSM. :)

Hi, everyone! This thread is only four days old yet we have already breached the 2k views mark! Thanks to all of you who are keeping this thread alive and kicking! Let's continue sharing our love and support for our dear MooKang couple! :wub:

yes the power of MooKang couple.Agree

11 minutes ago, miyukiakira1988 said:

JSM reached 1M followers on Instagram.:wub:

The power of a great actress.:wub:

The power of MooKang Couple. :phew::love:

The power of The Smile Has Left Your Eyes Drama.:wub:

More projects, More success, More followers(Fans) because you deserve all of that. And of course another project with SIG.:joy:

Spoiler

On 2 December 2018 at 2:16 AM, alivingparadox24 said:

SIG's voice was also more high-pitched in Reply, 1997 (which was done intentionally to make it more suitable for Busan dialect). JSM also had to learn satoori for her role in D-day and she was also pretty good at it! Their versatility is what makes me love and respect them even more. 

They are both so awesome! I seriously don't see somin or seoinguk in moo kang compared to their other characters in other dramas. Seriously it's like mookang is the embodiment of inguk and somin or was it another way round:joy: I can't imagine mookang as somebody else.

thank you to everyone who has been sharing updates on somin and seo in guk well not so much for him! I really really really really wish seo in guk will guest on somin's young street! It's just an interview surely it won't be controversial! Can you imagine if seo inguk had gone to the army we won't have got mookang couple:bawling:I hope people would forgive him and give him a chance, to think that bogum's fame skyrocketed so much and he used to just be supporting actor next to

Inguk. I hope inguk will get that well deserve fame as much as Bogum:wub: because more fans=more subbers and more contents! We need moreeeee!

Anyone of you watching Alhambra? I'm kinda intrigued after seeing chanyeol( with mooyoung's hoodie, did you two create this game together and you borrow mooyoung' hoodie?:joy:running away) in fear from something and hyun bin looks interesting, maybe I would give it a try, I am very fond of park shin hye too but  just as I keep trying to get into a drama and then a feed in ig shows a scene from TSHLYE, I end up watching those instead:joy: 

i agree with @hoyund  and @alivingparadox24 they should have used those ppl moments with moo kang cleaning their house together vacuming, cleaning whatever, i Dont mind seeing mooyoung carrying jin kang while vacuming haha but that Would break mooyoung's back or just Them cleaning and Giggling and backhugging and spreadingThe bedsheets and failing To do because ehem bed haha and so much more!  People should cast this two in an ad! 

@hoyund I wish they have an interview it's so frustrating when you have zero content from a couple you love so much. 

Frankly i was sooooo glad that there's a video and pictures of seo in guk and somin in the wrap up party! I can imagine mookang eating cake and spending all night together. Reassuring me that mookang didn't die yeah I'm still in denial ottoke.

and yeah to somin 1million followers! It's a rise alright:wub: you get that well deserved popularity girl! I was soooo happy seeing her on melon looking gorgeous and healthy.

@kdramaaddict212

"Seriously?! That is awesome and a huge deal. Say what you want about ratings, but these two deserve all the recognition from others involved in the kdrama tv and film industry. I'm so proud to be a fan of SIG and JSM. :)"

This is so awesome! This means 

the director paid attention To their acting in TSHLYE! I hope this two Will get a The recognization that They deserve! I still look at The scenes where Thery have a conversation With Each other and go wow those amazing stares and gaze an intonation of voice was all so amazing! I miss Them!

36 minutes ago, namidajanai said:

(1) They are both so awesome! I seriously don't see somin or seoinguk in moo kang compared to their other characters in other dramas. Seriously it's like mookang is the embodiment of inguk and somin or was it another way round:joy: I can't imagine mookang as somebody else.

thank you to everyone who has been sharing updates on somin and seo in guk well not so much for him! I really really really really wish seo in guk will guest on somin's young street! It's just an interview surely it won't be controversial! (2) Can you imagine if seo inguk had gone to the army we won't have got mookang couple:bawling:I hope people would forgive him and give him a chance, to think that bogum's fame skyrocketed so much and he used to just be supporting actor next to

Inguk. I hope inguk will get that well deserve fame as much as Bogum:wub:

Anyone of you watching Alhambra? I'm kinda intrigued after seeing chanyeol( with mooyoung's hoodie, did you two create this game together and you borrow mooyoung' hoodie?:joy:running away) in fear from something and hyun bin looks interesting, maybe I would give it a try, I am very fond of park shin hye too but  just as I keep trying to get into a drama and then a feed in ig shows a scene from TSHLYE, I end up watching those instead:joy: 

i agree with @teachermok they should have used that ppl moments with moo kang cleaning their house together! Giggling and backhugging. People should cast this two in an ad! 

@hoyund (3) I wish they have an interview it's so frustrating when you have zero content from a couple you love so much. 

Frankly i was sooooo glad that there's a video and pictures of seo in guk and somin in the wrap up party! I can imagine mookang eating cake and spending all night together. Reassuring me that mookang didn't die yeah I'm still in denial ottoke.

(4) and yeah to somin 1million followers! It's a rise alright:wub: you get that well deserved popularity girl! I was soooo happy seeing her on melon looking gorgeous and healthy.

Hi, @namidajanai! Allow me to respond to some of your points one-by-one LOL I sound so serious:

1. Yeah, SIG and JSM were perfect for their roles- especially In-gukkie. He IS born to play Kim Moo-young, and I think this is a sentiment shared by most people across different kinds of online platforms be it on YT, IG, and popular drama sites like DB!

2. I think most of us have already expressed our disappointment at how underrated SIG is, which is further exacerbated by the military controversy he found himself in. I hope the general Korean public would be much more forgiving now two years after the controversy broke out.

Inasmuch as I love Bo Gum, I find it a bit sad that he is now a far bigger star than SIG is. I'm not saying that PBG doesn't deserve it- he does! And I'm so happy for him and his fans. However, I hope the same fortune smiles down on SIG soon. I know popularity is not the most important thing, but we can't deny that it's very important as well. SIG becoming more popular is also an opportunity for him to share his talents to more people. 

3. YES! There's nothing, NOTHING yet on TSHLYE almost two weeks after its finale and that makes me super sad! :bawling:

4. YAY! Hooray for SoMin hitting the 1M mark on IG! And hooray for her getting all these gigs after TSHLYE! It's about time for her star to shine even brighter!

Ooops just a sidenote and a bit off-topic, but  @namidajanai mentioned Memories of Alhambra which I plan to try watching, too. I initially posted how I found the premise of Boyfriend/ Encounter to be a tad boring, but I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely the first week was. Park Bo Gum shines, literally and figuratively. His smile is blinding LOL. And I think that a drunk PBG (ep 2) is something all of you should watch just to put a smile on your faces.

Anyway, happy new work week, y'all!

Since there is a lack of new news on our lovely MooKang, just thought I'd share some old goodies that I've found in other places to start off the new week!

Anyone know where the video clip is of this interview from way back is when they were shooting the poster for the drama?

And here's a before and after pic of MooKang:

Both of their hairs got a lot poofier and longer afterwards, lol. Yeah, the pic above only solidifies that JSM was not her usual self in the wrap-up interview. I hope it was only because she was real sad that the drama was over and not because of some other personal reasons...

And lastly, I love the cover art for each OST track. Minimalistic yet beautiful!

Archived