Seo In Guk and Jung So Min | Stars Couple/ MooKang Couple

teachermok

Hi, everyone!

TSHLYE is the runner-up for best drama of 2018 and SIG and PSW get the nod as the best actor and best supporting actor respectively on Dramabeans wheeee! :D

Just dropped by to wish everyone a Happy New Year! And just like @kdramaaddict212, I am looking forward to more TSHLYE and MooKang goodies and discussions in the next year! I wish our faves SIG and JSM (PSW, too) all the best in their careers this 2019!

Hugs! :wub:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/26/2018 at 9:19 PM, teachermok said:

Really? The photo was deleted? It was purely fun and friendly!

@alivingparadox24

4 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

Aww that last picture is so cute! And its nice to know TSHLYE cast and crew have met up after the series wrapped up. It seems like they had so much fun. 

It's a shame she deleted the photo. I wonder why... :( this actually reminded of BTIMFL's post-drama Jeju party. A cast member posted a pic of him hanging out with Lee Min Ki, JSM and other drama staff. The picture was taken down immediately and many of BTIMFL fans (including me) interpreted it as a "damage control" in case something comes up in the future. I think you know what I mean. Tsk tsk.

1 hour ago, teachermok said:

I am looking forward to more TSHLYE and MooKang goodies and discussions in the next year! I wish our faves SIG and JSM (PSW, too) all the best in their careers this 2019!

1 hour ago, teachermok said:

TSHLYE is the runner-up for best drama of 2018 and SIG and PSW get the nod as the best actor and best supporting actor respectively on Dramabeans wheeee! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE! :heart: 

JSM will definitely have a busy year ahead because of her upcoming movie with Junho and SBS Youngstreet. PSW is also busy promoting his new movie(s?) and will most likely film his new drama next season that's why I know we'll see more of the Yoo siblings in the coming days ahead. But I'm really keeping my fingers crossed more on SIG because of the lack of updates after his concert :bawling: I really hope that more producers will recognize SIG's acting prowess and eventually give him a breakthrough drama one of these days.

I ALSO WANNA GREET Y'ALL A HAPPY 2019 AND A BLESSED YEAR AHEAD!

20 hours ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

Okay for those who purchased TSHLYE DVD I contacted Yes24 a few days ago to see when they expect the DVD will be shipped out. They just informed me it usually takes a year to produce so it will come out November 2019! :bawling:

:blink: What the what now? November 2019?! That's almost a full year later, good grief! (Slight regrets on purchasing it now. I can't imagine why it would take so long to put together the DVD when the actual show was filmed and edited in a span of like 3 months!:() Thanks for sharing the info, @kdramaaddict212!

I saw that the cast of The Beauty Inside got together last week to do the commentary for their Director's Cut Bluray, so I hope the cast of TSHLYE do the same and have a mini-reunion to (quickly) put together their Blu-ray edition!

Since news of our MooKang couple is a bit slow these days, here's a great edited clip I found on Instagram of Seo In-guk singing "Someday" over clips of the drama:

Random questions:

1) Does anyone know if TSHLYE is receiving good reviews with its broadcast in Japan? I'm very curious what Japanese viewers opinions of the show is especially for those who have seen the original.

2) For those that have purchased Director's cut blu-ray editions of past kdramas before, does it really take a year for them to release them?! Sorry, still in a bit of a shock of how long it takes....

HAPPY NEW YEAR, chingus!!

I also visit Yes24 because I was not able to preorder and after the deadline its temporarily out of stock,  so I was waiting for it to be available again and saw that it will be released november 2019. I really want to see news of them reunited for that director’s cut just like the beauty inside did since there is no news about them or about the show now.. I hope they will do it as soon as possible while the show just finished and its still fresh. Maybe next few months they will do another drama and another partners. But I saw in IG that they had their first meeting December 23 for the directors cut, its written more on korean so Im not so sure.  

On 1/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, hoyund said:

:blink: What the what now? November 2019?! That's almost a full year later, good grief! (Slight regrets on purchasing it now. I can't imagine why it would take so long to put together the DVD when the actual show was filmed and edited in a span of like 3 months!:() Thanks for sharing the info, @kdramaaddict212!

No problem. I am still confused about this too.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, hoyund said:

2) For those that have purchased Director's cut blu-ray editions of past kdramas before, does it really take a year for them to release them?! Sorry, still in a bit of a shock of how long it takes....

I am curious to know the answer to this question too. Does anyone know when the beauty inside director's blu ray dvd available for purchase and if other shows had to pre-order the DVD's as well with a minimum of 1000 purchases. 

I would imagine the TSHLYE cast would have to do the cast interview/commentaries soon because the director will be shooting the new drama with PBY. In addition to these features I just really want to see more deleted mookang scenes and more unaired footage that will be included, especially the last episode.

Im curious too if other shows had to pre order the dvd to a minimum of 1000 before they would confirm the production. Before, I am not a robot also had the pre order. Sadly, they did not reach the minimum so the directors cut dvd was not produced. I dont know with other shows like BTIMFL and SKL???? 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:08 PM, kdramaislove0531 said:

Im curious too if other shows had to pre order the dvd to a minimum of 1000 before they would confirm the production. Before, I am not a robot also had the pre order. Sadly, they did not reach the minimum so the directors cut dvd was not produced. I dont know with other shows like BTIMFL and SKL???? 

I am so grateful that we will get the DVD. I have a feeling it has to do with ratings, and if it does its total BS. IMO Every show aired should have their own director's cut DVD. Its a shame I am not a robot did not get a director's cut DVD. It was a big international hit even though it wasn't as well received domestically.

On a different topic, has anyone seen the english translation of Moo Youngs letter that SIG read during his fan event? 

1 hour ago, kdramaaddict212 said:

I am so grateful that we will get the DVD. I have a feeling it has to do with ratings, and if it does its total BS. IMO Every show aired should have their own director's cut DVD. Its a shame I am not a robot did not get a director's cut DVD. It was a big international hit even though it wasn't as well received domestically.

On a different topic, has anyone seen the english translation of Moo Youngs letter that SIG read during his fan event? 

Yes, the chemistry between Soo Bin and Seung Ho there is also on another level...I super shipped them just like In Guk and So Min..Its really an international hit and Im disappointed that they did not get any award during that recent MBC Drama awards. So, Its clear that the annual network awards only favors those with high ratings. 

Im happy also that I read and see lots of comments that TSHLYE is their 2018 fave drama (youtube, definitely!, IG, etc)

On 1/11/2019 at 10:08 AM, hoyund said:

It's so quiet in here o.O For those who have ordered the Director's Cut Blu-Ray, here are some updates as to where they are in the production process:

Please do not repost the cafe’s notices or the content that they will share regarding the commentary meetings (pictures and videos of the actors). In the past cafes (like WWWSK’s Director cut) have restricted overseas fans from reading updates due to careless reposts. I don’t want to see that happen for TSHLYE. If you must share, share the link.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:41 PM, hoyund said:

Random questions:

1) Does anyone know if TSHLYE is receiving good reviews with its broadcast in Japan? I'm very curious what Japanese viewers opinions of the show is especially for those who have seen the original.

1) It is only aired by satellite so there are no ratings news. The author did praise the acting and writing.

2) It will not take a full year.  More like 6-8 months if the process is not delayed by director and actors' schedule. The commentary is still waiting to be scheduled but the other parts of production is progressing.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:08 AM, kdramaislove0531 said:

Yes. There is generally a minimum and it usually starts at 1000, sometimes even 2000 minimum, depending on the distributor's terms.

Kdramas used to release DVD regularly but now it only release director's cut on actual demand and the distributor must be partially paid before anything happens. The promotion of preorder is completely fan-driven and thus the cafe collects a lot of fan feedback -- from content bonuses, preorder gifts, commentary questions, down to the color of the box. Unfortunately some great dramas do not have a large (actor) fan base, or an experienced promotion team, so fail to raise the money to make it happen.

Sometimes the demand is high but the network refuse to release extra material or the director refuse to take the time to recut, like for Fight My Way :( . Sometimes the drama has high demand but the director thinks it's not worth a recut (perfect the way it is), so the commentary and bts is released as a special DVD/bluray to the fans -- like Go Back Couple and The King's Face. 

On very rare occasions, the director wants it just as much as the fans and work with the distributors to make a predetermined count regardless of demand -- when more demand actually doesn't increase production number. An example is Squad 38, where from the start the distributor and director decided they will do make it and it became the first OCN director's cut blu-ray release.

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to @sph7 for your answers and insights!

The world of Korean Director's Cut Blu-ray productions are completely new to me as I've never been motivated enough to even want one for any drama until TSHLYE came along so this whole process, plus all its encompassing rules, is new to me. That coupled with how alot information is mostly only in Korean or posted on the Korean-based Daum cafe where it seems many links/posts seem to be restricted to new users has been a bit frustrating and not exactly foreign-friendly.

All that to say, thanks again for your explanations and examples of past Blu-rays that were made! 

I must say that I was very impressed to learn how much effort fans put into promoting for the release of the Bluray, what with creating marketing pieces and promotional events, which has made me even more glad to see that their hardwork paid off.

Here's to hoping this Bluray gets released in about 6 months or so!

On 1/12/2019 at 11:34 PM, hoyund said:

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to @sph7 for your answers and insights!

You're welcome. I totally understand that the rules are vague and not many have the time to sort through all the Korean information. I've come a long way since first ordering these directors cut (DOTS) and still have many unanswered questions.

FYI, there is currently a poll to vote on the priority of scenes to present to the actors during the commentary recording. If anyone on the thread is interested, voting is not restricted to cafe members (but you will have to translate it on your own).

Pick 10 scenes from episodes 1 to 10 and 10 scenes from episodes 11 to 16.  This poll will close on the 17th.

http://naver.me/GuiIpuP0

The cafe is currently accepting donations to treat the actors to lunch and snacks during the looooong commentary recording (supposedly  9 hours!). I have asked for instructions to contribute for overseas fans. Anyone interested can send me a DM on instagram (@sigpaenida) and I will share that info if they get back to me.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:00 PM, sph7 said:

Pick 10 scenes from episodes 1 to 10 and 10 scenes from episodes 11 to 16.  This poll will close on the 17th.

http://naver.me/GuiIpuP0

Thank you once again for providing this information! I've gone ahead and participated w/ my limited Korean, but it was a bit difficult because there were definitely more than 10 scenes between ep 11-16 that I wanted to choose from, ha. I'll pay for the actors' meals for a whole week if they'll just sit there and commentate for about 50 or so of my favorite scenes :P

I know it would've been hard for the organizers, but I wish someone had translated at least some bits of the poll into English because I can't help but wonder that a bulk of the people who pre-ordered the Bluray must be foreigners so it's a shame they can't participate in the poll or really give their input since they probably don't speak/read Korean.

By the way, I'm logged into the Daum cafe but when I click on the post "2019.01.15 proceeding information and commentary priority voting guide," I get an error message saying that I can't read the post because my member level (?) isn't high enough. This happens in a number of posts I try to click on in the cafe. @sph7 do you know why they limit the people who are trying to read the posts? Is this just another random rule they have set up when making directors cut dvd's? (Again, not very user-friendly and just makes me scratch my head in frustration especially when I'm actively trying to participate but being stopped at every turn :blink:)

Very grateful for your help in disseminating info, sph7!!

On 1/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, hoyund said:

I know it would've been hard for the organizers, but I wish someone had translated at least some bits of the poll into English because I can't help but wonder that a bulk of the people who pre-ordered the Bluray must be foreigners so it's a shame they can't participate in the poll or really give their input since they probably don't speak/read Korean.

By the way, I'm logged into the Daum cafe but when I click on the post "2019.01.15 proceeding information and commentary priority voting guide," I get an error message saying that I can't read the post because my member level (?) isn't high enough. This happens in a number of posts I try to click on in the cafe. @sph7 do you know why they limit the people who are trying to read the posts? Is this just another random rule they have set up when making directors cut dvd's? (Again, not very user-friendly and just makes me scratch my head in frustration especially when I'm actively trying to participate but being stopped at every turn :blink:)

Very grateful for your help in disseminating info, sph7!!

First, I think most devoted foreign fans of any Korean star have gotten used to doing their own google or papago translating. It’s not just hard. It is nearly impossible for natives to translate kdrama and Kpop info because they just don’t know English. It is not their schooled language. And if anyone in Korea is bilingual, chances are it’s Chinese or Japanese. (I do get more information from Chinese sites.)

Second part regarding cafes rules, it’s pretty much overall Korean web culture to have information barriers and sense of exclusiveness. Not so much against foreigners (but we certainly have more difficulty overcoming), but to control traffic and prevent malice (bots, antifans, reporters). If you bought the bluray and submitted a screenshot to the appropriate bulletin, the admins will “promote” your member status. 

If if you think the dvd cafes are difficult, try joining a fan club. You’ll pull off your hair o(^▽^)o

NOTE: chingus, we are thinking of having a shippers event where shippers will get the chance to win badges of their ship. we would like to know if there would be enough interest from the shipping community for such an event. could you let us know if your ship would be interested? if you could let us know within the next few days (say 25 Jan), this would help us plan better. this would be held sometime in february. please tag me or @youngatheart or @angelangie or @ebullient when you respond. thank you.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, kdramaislove0531 said:

Seo In Guk sending Food truck to Jung So Min is HAPPINESS :blush::blush::blush:

Hello everyone! :)

YASSSSSS. Made me so happy to see Moo-young supporting Jin-kang/JSM in her new role ;)

Btw, for those who weren't able to purchase the Director's Cut Blu-ray previously, I believe they're re-opening the sales so here's your last chance to grab them!

• 1 month later...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU PD-NIM FOR ANSWERING OUR PRAYERS!!!!!

Image result for CRYING GIF

AND IT'S A ROM-COM!!!!

Image result for BROOKLYN 99 CRYING GIF

here's the teaser clip

Not really sure about their roles but their clothes give off a lot of grim reaper vibes.

MooKang being badass even in the afterlife. 

Archived