Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분

Can't find much stuff online ...but looks like they could be prepping for their roles

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Can't find much stuff online ...but looks like they could be prepping for their roles

It has been quiet. I found this but that's all I find.

• Love 2

I think the premiere date for this may have been pushed back from its original Mar launch.  It is supposed to take the place of Nieghbourhood Lawyer Mr Jo 2 (what a mouthful :lol:) on KBS in the Mon-Tue night slot.  I just read this in NLMJ2's  Wiki page.

• The drama went on hiatus (no episode was aired on January 28-29 and February 4-5) due to Park Shin-yang's surgery.

so it looks like it will finish end Mar - Assuming that NLMJ2 is 20 episodes.  That means Dear Citizens could well premiere first week of April?   Pure speculation on my part.  It will give them more time to film episodes in advance and not live film as much.  

• Thanks 2

looking forward to this !!!

Airing date is moved to April 1st

Edit to add

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

MDL’s synopsis is clearer 

https://mydramalist.com/32211-dear-citizens

Yang Jung Kook is a veteran conman, but he has never been arrested. One day, his girlfriend suddenly runs off with the money they were going to use for their marriage. Yang Jung Kook is extremely upset and he goes out to drink. He meets Kim Mi Young. She is going through a hard time herself because of her boyfriend's cheating ways. Yang Jung Kook tells her that he runs a businessand Kim Mi Young tells him that she works for a small company. Kim Mi Young is actually a detective. They find comfort with each other and they develop a relationship romantically. On their wedding day, Kim Mi Young reveals to Yang Jung Kook that she is actually a detective.

Meanwhile, Park Hoo Ja is a mysterious woman. She runs a private loan business that she inherited from her father. Her father was swindled by Yang Jung Kook. Park Hoo Ja finds Yang Jung Kook and blackmails him into running for a national assembly seat.

• Thanks 2

Teaser makes it look comedic?  Even the synopsis looks like it will head that way.  Looks to be a fun ride. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

So KBS world gonna have this drama :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Posted (edited)

Love it ..CSW posted his character teaser ...he’s a real smooth conman  :lol:

@stroppyse any chance you can translate this ? Thank you 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4

Here is a translation @triplem. There is one word I couldn't make out, but you'll get the gist of the teaser anyway.

Yang Jung Kook: I am a doctor.  A lawyer.  I’m a businessman. This is privileged information. I’m only letting you know. Because I graduated from (not sure what he says here), I am versatile. So I am-
Park Hoo Ja: - a conman.
PHJ: Long time no see, conman.
YJK: Excuse me?
PHJ: No need for a long discussion. There is something you’re going to do, Yang Jung Kook.
YJK: Why should I do anything you tell me- (thugs move in) of course, I should do it.
PHJ: It seems you know what’s good for your health.
YJK: What is the target?
PHJ: Dear…citizens.

He's got the cheekiest little grin as he's running his cons. Looking forward to this.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Subbed teaser of the one already translated above .

This one and Waikiki 2 are the dramas I am most excited for ! 

The fact that they are starting off a marriage based on deception will make this a most unusual premise 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@stroppyse thanks loads for translating

I’m very excited just seeing this :D 

Third teaser 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Youtube version :) looks cute and had to laugh at the tears he had at the club scene as it was so shiny :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I do rather love the 3rd teaser. The OTP are beautiful, young, and passionately in love. Too bad about that marrying while lying to each other about their true occupation thing. Raises some interesting questions.

1. Does everyone really know what their spouses to at work every day?

2. How can it be true love if they lie to each other about something so fundamental as their occupations?

Anyway, it feels as if this is an OTP who fall in love, and yet for whatever reason, isn't secure enough to tell the absolute truth, and so they will have to fall in love all over again with each other as they find out the truth. It sounds like a promising premise. I'm really looking forward to this. Not as sure about Waikiki 2, @triplem.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am in too. It seems so comic. I appreciate a good laugh 

@Lawyerh @gm4queen @phoenix24 @Heidi Seow come and join. I like the trailers. Seems a comedy. My favourite genre.

@stroppyse I would be so happy if you join us here. You are so witty. I like your comments very much. :)

Thank you. I'm looking forward to this drama. So far, it seems to be a solid production with a solid cast, a solid crew, and a solid writer. I think it's the same writer who can write comedy and gritty, so Vampire Prosecutor, Squad 38, and Missing as well as straight gritty, i.e. Bad Guys. The dialogue he writes tends to be pretty dense and fast paced, so it should be good and fun, though difficult to translate. Anyway, I hope it's really good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2