[Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분

0ly40

oh my goodness!!!! the last episode was unbelievable! Jung Gook won by a few votes - I was seriously feeling nervous as the results were being announced and Park Ha Joo's father died and she officially became the Chairwoman of Baekyung Capital. What an episode. HSJ decides at the last minute not to expose JG , and MY's mum and JG's dad met - the two older folk had a real teary heart to heart . For the sake of the happiness of the children decides to bury the past. 

But the wedding photo frame fell at the end of the drama. I suppose that is a sign that the drama will finally address the elephant in the room. MY has to find out soon who JG  was before this.  Will she be able to forgive him?? Can't wait for next week where we see JG assuming his role as the assemblyman for Seowon. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I was finally abled to watch this weeks eps & so many twists & turns... :o Soo our JG has finally become the assemblyman & wow, MY has become the assemblyman's wife! :) But this is non less than a joke that a con artist has become an  assemblyman & a detective cop has become he assemblyman's wife.... The real drama begins now!! And their wedding photo fell on the ground at the end & I guess it's a bad omen for our assembly couple! :( Now how he's gonna confess his true self to her..??! I am pretty curious over the next eps!! 

Ans we still don't know about the 3rd sis of Park family! And by chance if MY turns out to be the 3rd sis, then the series will hit for a disaster :cold_sweat: Oh God!!!! Looking forward to see the end results....

The preview for the next eps....

Just watched yesterday's eps & what an entertainment filled eps those were!

I love the character progression of YJG!! He was a bad jerk at the beginning but now he really has a sense of humor! But I wonder how he's gonna confess his true self to his wife.... She's so in love with him! :) May be YJG must bury his dark past with his good deeds or whatsoever...

And this is my 2nd time that I love a female villain in a k-drama this much! I love Park Hoo Ja so much! Her straight forward eyes, straight forward talk & even her straight forward body is all my favorites!! :) This actress is Daebak at playing her role! But I think Park Hoo Ja's downfall has just begun in yesterday's eps.... I hate to see her in pain! :mellow: can't wait for today's eps....

607589_293816_1536.jpg

And why this thread is quite now..???! I don't like quite threads at all. I feel sad as we are nearly the end of series... Next week will be the finale week if KBS goes according to the book! And I will miss my dear friends, @triplem @ktcjdrama @stroppyse & others here so much!!! :huh: :bawling: Let's get together soon here lovelies.... 

I think that episodes 27-28 air tonight.  And I think this is slated to have 36 episodes.  So we should have a few more.

It's sad to see that this drama does not have many viewers.  I'll agree that it's not FANTASTIC, and I don't wait all week for the next episode.  However, I like how innocent this drama is.  And, I think some of the actors/actresses are doing a FANTASTIC job. PHJ's character is so fun to watch, I love the actress who plays the oldest sister (the one in prison)--too bad it seems like it was just a cameo.  And YJG's sister is another great job.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was kinda bored with the first 15 minutes of Monday episode. Never felt bored before with this show. So I stopped. Will catch up again later today... 

You should watch! The last 4 episodes (24-28) are so funny and good.

Just watched yesterday's eps & I love that Park Hoo Ja is defeating.... Jung Gook is so brave & independent! I love his attitude in Mr. Kim's meeting.... I am not interested in the other guy. He seems a full jerk by his looks!! :angry: A henchman of Park Joo Ha!!! I guess Jung Gook will be the key to Park Hoo Ja's defeat! And by the way, is she having a chronical ilness so something that that she had some breathing problems when every thing went so wrong for her...??! :o 

20190514001726393_1557822801_1.jpg?15578

And Mi Young still doesn't know about her husband's true self! So I don't get it... Is the writer's gonna left up Jung Gook's bad past & focus on his decent present..??! :mellow: And we have the newly-released sis no.1 from the prison & she's also looking for Jung Gook!!!! Woow, this guy has so many sisters to look after him :w00t: And we still don't know about sis no. 3 yet!!! Hope she'd appear soon on the game...

But anyway, looking forward to see the next final eps. I have no habit of giving up anything so easily unless it's not in to my taste.... :huh: So I am waiting for the final results!!! 

And dear @jechoi1 & @stroppyse chingus, i guess both of you are right! Wiki says it's 36 eps & asian wiki says it's 32 eps.... Who knows..???! Let it be the way it is... -_- Let's enjoy the show, fellows!!! :D

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

JK's sister totally made me laugh with how she's actually the genius scammer of the family. She learned to speak 24 languages so that she could run complicated, international scams. She's a genius hacker who has never been caught, facile at phone scams, phone taps, etc. It's not really so much that she's evolving as much as it is that we're constantly being shown other sides to her than the simple single mother that we had first been introduced to.

My only real annoyance with this drama has been that MY still doesn't know her husband's true character. I'm afraid that it's going to get a rushed treatment: something along the lines of JK being a good person now despite his shady past so that MY forgives him? However, that then becomes yet another instance where MY isn't given the same level of care as JK. MY has been an under-utilized character in this drama. Even though I appreciate her action scenes, her lack of knowledge of the core actions of the drama continues to sideline her.

I also loved what they did with JK's sister.  It's like, the drama told us that this is a family of schemers, but the sister didn't look like much.  I loved how they showed her mad skills.

I'm also really annoyed with what the drama is doing with MY's character.  She doesn't know.  Everyone else around her knows, except for her.  It's like a betrayal by everyone.  JK won't tell her, her mother won't tell her, her brother won't tell her.  Now, the detective working under her won't tell her.  How will she feel when she finds out that everyone knew and didn't tell her.  Except for HJ.  It's even more of a betrayal bc she believes so much in JK.  She thinks that he's this innocent person who she needs to protect against the big, bad world out there.

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

Looks like he’s going to work with the big sis to bring down PHJ?

Wow dear... What am I see here..????! :w00t: This is fantastic!

Yes, when big sis popped out of the prison, she was so like "Where is the guy, Jung Gook??"... And they are teaming up to turn their back on our pretty loan shark :ph34r: Then Hoo Ja has to find a big defense to survive from her big sis!

And omo, she looks so pleased to meet him! :o This is gonna be the coolest of the coolest show ever! Can't wait to see tonight's eps!

image_readtop_2019_329117_15583145403755

Monday’s episode was really good  . I was getting quite worried that Park Hoo Ja would have the upper hand & get MY suspended again. But amazing plot twist that JG would use his skills to frame Hoo Ja & save MY! I didn’t see that one coming . But of course that lil smile that Hoo Ja gave at the end of the episode makes me wonder if it really is the end of her :lol:

I know people are wondering how many episodes there will be - it’s supposed to be 36 ( 18 hours ) , which means it ends next week . So I’m still surprised, that up to Monday they hv not shown any possibility of MY finding out about JG’s past . I’m wondering if she will even ever find out . I still think she should know though . 

I like how they are making JG a legit politician - he’s really doing what he was elected for & he’s doing his homework. I like that he’s determined to be useful , in his own words , and to make good of himself .  He sure is better than half the assemblymen  that are being elected - who are just wasting time politicking & wasting tax payers money . I believe this drama is poking fun & highlighting what is really wrong with the system .  

Best scene from Monday 

Ratings for Tuesday hv gone up . Hope to catch the episode once it comes on Viu

I've only managed to watch this week's episodes today.

Loving the friendship that is developed between JK and KJM... I teared up a bit when he decided to confess his own corrupted acts while being an assemblyman. His crying-smile as he sat back down on the sofa was so on point. JK's sincerity has moved him to do the right thing. JK may be a con-artist, but he has a good heart.

Now that our hope of MY being sis#3 is gone, I wonder what role will sis#3 play besides bailing HJ out of jail... I still wonder too if JK being a con-artist will ever be found out... not just by MY, but by the greater public... will he then have to go to jail??

@ktcjdrama I think they will bury his past & just let him have a fresh start as he has turned over a new leaf . I don’t even think that MY will ever find out . 

Si Won posted quite a bit.  Shooting is all done

Spoiler

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분

Just watched the finale eps & I love the ending! :) Finally Park Hoo Ja was broke down by Yang Jung Gook & everything went back to normals! But honestly the ending kind of felt flat for me! At least they should've shown that Jung Gook & Mi Young hug & reconsidering about their to-be broken marriage... :ph34r: Aside from that I enjoyed the whole cast & impressed by the show!

Park Hoo Ja has become my all time fav villainess & I love girl power in Kim Mi Young!!!! :love: !!! Choi Si Won did so well as Yang Jung Gook!!! Wish he gets more fans for his fan base... :)

And feel srry that this drama isn't popular among viewers much & even here in soompi thread, it has least activities! But hope that more people will watch it & leave comments here :)

See you again in another drama thread, my dear friends.... Take care!!! Have a nice day! :heart:

C1B14EDF-C3B6-4E1F-A299-5A7501798FEF.jpe

Due to a heavy work schedule I had to put this show on hold back when it first started but I picked it up again on Monday and rewatched the first six episodes and I was dying with laughter. The episodes were truly enjoyable from start to finish. I just have to continue it until the end now and I hope episodes 7+ will continue to deliver an enjoyable story.

I hope I enjoy the ending like you @gm4queen.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed this one. I felt like it was a hidden gem.

The message is pretty simple. Dear Politicians, please stop being greedy jerks and maybe use your power to help people once in a while. Yes, it's naive and silly, but who doesn't love a story like that?

Also, I guess K-dramas about the National Assembly is the new trend, huh?

It was just a lot of fun. Everyone had great comic timing. It felt like everyone was having fun filming the show and really just brought all their energy. And the OST was awesome.

I loved Park Hu Ja. She was hilarious and every second she was on screen, she was so great. I loved her unique line readings, and how delightfully, unapologetically bad she was.

I also loved Mi Yeong. She was just so cool and capable. And I really felt the love and affection between her and Jeong Guk, which made everything work. The premise was pretty ridiculous (cop marries con man!) so their love had to make sense.

I loved all the side characters. And of course, Si Won.

I'd like to think that after he did time in jail, he was reelected to the National Assembly and working along with Kim Ju-Myeong. The last scene shows him walking towards it, it could be possible.

• 9 months later...

Archived