Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

On 3/17/2019 at 4:34 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am in too. It seems so comic. I appreciate a good laugh 

@Lawyerh @gm4queen @phoenix24 @Heidi Seow come and join. I like the trailers. Seems a comedy. My favourite genre.

@stroppyse I would be so happy if you join us here. You are so witty. I like your comments very much. :)

HI @nohamahamoud2002 chingu! Trailers looks great! My sister also asked me about this drama when she saw at KBS2. Maybe will watch it tonight or waiting until weekend marathon. :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I thought it was a cute start. Both episodes were basically setting up Jung Kook and Mi Young. Some spoilers about episode 1.

Spoiler

JK gets swindled by his girlfriend which leads one to think that JK isn't actually very experienced when it comes to women, even if he is a good swindler otherwise. MY goes on a raid of a motel, only to find her boyfriend is there with another woman. Then as per the teaser, he blames her for making him feel nervous and insecure because she's a policewoman, and he doesn't know when she will be injured or even die. Hah!

They meet at a club, spend a night drinking, and then MY proposes that they might as well date. JK wants time to think about it, so MY gives him until sunrise, warning him that she'll be gone at sunrise. JK agrees to it. Fast forward through a very cute romance, and then JK proposes, they get married. MY tells JK as they're driving to the airport that she's a policewoman, but is quick to reassure him that while she had been an organized crimes detective, that she's getting a transfer to a desk job, and so won't be in harm's way. JK is extremely upset.

Then there is a time jump of 2 years, and we see the married couple are rather aloof with each other. And, then we hear them both whining to people, JK to his buddy swindler and MY to her stepmother. JK is still working swindles with his crew. MY has just accepted a transfer back to organized crimes. What was cute about their whining scene is that despite both of them being obviously unhappy in the relationship, both of them vehemently refuse to even consider a divorce. It's clear that some couple therapy is really needed.

And, then Hoo Ja is introduced in a bit of a violent fashion to end episode 1.

I think Mi Young is adorable, and Jung Kook is just too charming and handsome for his own good. I can totally sympathize with MY who apparently once just watched JK sleep because he was so good looking. Unfortunately, as she reached out to cup his cheeks, he woke up freaking out and apologizing profusely. He can't seem to get over her being a cop, and he admits to that. Still, it's clear that he doesn't want to let her go, even if he doesn't think he wants her. I'm very curious as to how the story will bring JK around.

As for MY, she's a pretty feisty woman, and handy with a bat. I wonder how she'll feel once she realizes that her husband is a professional conman. Hopefully, she'll take him in hand and turn him for the better?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @stroppyse for the recaps . I love what I read . Both fell for each other on a rebound, so it will be interesting to see if they are able to filter out the real feelings they have for each other They were both not honest with the other at the start of the relationship - so there must be something there that is still keeping them  together after 2 years . . 

Lol! Lots of skinship / kisses to illustrate their quick romance :D 

4 kiss scenes apparently 

the proposal & wedding scene

Spoiler

• Like 3

Don't have time right now to watch this on a more timely basis, however, from the preview that @triplem posted, it seems that MY finds out pretty soon that JK is part of a swindling operation. Can't wait to watch the fireworks when MY catches her hubby on a bust!

The mood on this drama has been fairly light-hearted thus far, however, I'm assuming that it's taking a sly poke at Korean politics with all of its fracas right now. I have to admit, though, that it's the OTP that is pulling me into this drama since the story hasn't really started to gel yet.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Very happy for the show. Getting great reception. Busy days for me as well @stroppyse but manged to squeeze in a bit of the 1st episode & it was hilarious! Si Won has a multitude of expressions on his face & is perfect for this role . Pacing is fast & not a boring moment . Can’t wait to fully catch up later

trending 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3

I watched 1-4 series. The beginning was swift and funny. By the end of the series some recession had already appeared, but still it is very interesting what will happen next and how an ordinary swindler will become a deputy.:rolleyes:

Sivon really likes the drama! His grimaces fit perfectly here. And the relationship of his hero with his wife ... very touch my heart. He loves her, it is very clearly visible, but just afraid that she will catch it. And the family adds fuel to the fire ...

The police and her mother are very pleased. Especially, mother is beautiful in shape!:wub: Do not take your eyes off! And how she likes Sivon ...

And the vengeful lady here is very similar to her character in Mr. Sunshine. The images are practically identical ... All my attention attracts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

watched ep 1 and 2... @triplem ~ my reaction is rather of confusion! hahahahha.... so I am not sure if I like it or dislike it but I watched one whole hour and sort of curious to see ep 3 and ep 4. maybe am finding the whole tonal shift rather confusing? maybe instead of funny, am finding it kind of weirdly sad? 

a cop can't find a boyfriend and somehow, you end up feeling sorry for the cheating ex who complained how worried he was that she would end up dead.. and a conman who gets his heart broken.. yea @stroppyse ~ maybe he wasn't that experienced when it comes to women or maybe he just specializes in the kind of swindling that requires no heart involvement which is why he got so surprised at being conned himself... but the OTP does have chemistry and so it sort of makes sense that they don't want to divorce and that their feelings are strong even if it was a rebound....

anyway, my reaction on watching is just "hmmm???? bird-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862491"

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Lmangla the first eps is merely a set-up. I felt it got better when they introduced the female villain in the 3rd/4th eps. She wanted revenge for the sake of strengthening her own power. She took over her father's money lending business and she is trying to lobby for a change in a particular ruling  with regards to the capping of interest rates (for loans) . They also lay the foundation to how he would eventually end up running for the election. I also like the side characters - her mum, his crazy sis, his partners in crime. :D

• Like 5

@Lmangla, that ex-boyfriend is something else. I couldn’t believe how easily he turned himself into the victim by using her job as a cop against her. :blink: I’m not sure about my feelings on this drama yet (I usually don’t like con artist stories) but so far I do really like the OTP and the other characters I have seen so far so I’m willing to continue on.

Also, with the new twist of his identity paraded in the media, I suppose his con profession would take some hit because his face is exposed. However, I suppose running for politics can be a con job too. Heh Certainly the brave citizen role only happened by coincidence and kept getting reinforced through more coincidences. It’s like he’s conning the public through these coincidences. lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Heh Certainly the brave citizen role only happened by coincidence and kept getting reinforced through more coincidences. It’s like he’s conning the public through these coincidences. lol

But how he does not want to play this role. :joy: But the fans said ahead! And that was all, he had to go and fulfill his functions, save the unfortunate agossi on the road ...

And his partners want to eat! And there is no more work ... But I think when he will run for deputies, they will take them with him as assistants. So they will all be together on the path of good!^_^

• LOL 4