[Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분

0ly40

Dear @triplem chingu! I still have 6 eps to complete but I can get an image of those eps with your post! :)

Yes, it's too early for JG to become the good guy all of a sudden plus this is a 36 eps drama so let it be the way it is! And about the subway line, yp I also want JG to win the race! And I sense that he will make a nice difference at the end of the drama with honesty! 

And yeah, MY doesn't get it right that her husband is a con artist! Either she didn't hear HJ properly or she's just ignoring HJ's statement! And I dunno if her oppa called guy is good or bad but he seems a nice guy somehow! And what if he is teaming up with HJ to break JG & MY down..???! I am having a bad feeling about this! :(

And the plot is definitely daebak! At 1st I was interested in this series because Daniel's cameo after 1yr of Jugglers but now I am so addicted to this series no matter what! It totally has all the guts to make you glued to the screen! :wub: YES!!!! I can't wait to see next eps, dear!! It's so nice that you guys recommended me this series!!! I am really enjoying the show!!

And I am just stealing @Pyar chingu's post on Daniel's thread!! They are so lovely by all means! :wub: And I was drooling when they played Jugglers music on background!

And now I need to watch eps 11-16 quickly!! :o CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM IN ACTION!!!! This is a DAEBAK drama!!! And I am kind of sad that this thread only has 8 pages so far!! :( More people should watch this series!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am still really loving this drama, although it's a major test of my language skills (ep 14 from the other day is still at 0% subbed on Viki? At times like these, I miss DF. While I prefer Viki with comments, sometimes DF would get to the subs faster...) It's the sort of thing that you just want to sit down and binge. I did not realize that MY didn't know her husband was a con man. Thanks for explaining. And oh! It would be funny if MY turned out to be the other sister. Lol. 

I wish there was a faster way to learn Korean...I can understand some, but there are only so many new words and grammar points I can pack in my head at one time... And this drama, unlike some, is rather word-dependent (at least for the humor). 

I like the drama very much. I am not interested in the romance, I prefer the comedy. I hope it goes on like this. @stroppyse did you see the daughters watching "My only one", while their dad wanted to watch the son in the elections? It was so hilarious :D

I do have a problem these days, I am more curious about the villains :D . The loan shark is very remarkable. Her acting is exaggerated, so I find myself laughing instead of feeling sorry for the good guys :D

Yes, I watched all the eps so far & now I am all catch up with the series! And wow!!!! Now I have so many questions to ask!

1. Is this a 32 eps drama or 36 eps drama..??! But in either way, we are almost half way through the series! :o
  2. We have 5 sisters online & we know about sis no. 1, 2, 4 & 5! :) Who could be the sis no. 3..??! And how..??
  3. Park Hoo Ja has a mole in Mi Young's office! By chance, is it detective Na or someone..???! The others look loyal to MI Young!
  4. And is it just me or is Jung Gook's aide kind of suspicious???...?! He seems to be a coward! No driving license so can't drive! And is afraid of traveling alone! 
  5. What does anyone think about Han Sang Jin change the ship at the last moment..???! He wants Jung Gook to loose or something..?? :unsure:

And I am so addicted to this series! This is so entertaining! :wub: I usually hate politics but this series is something unique! So refreshing! Tagging my dear @triplem @stroppyse & @ktcjdrama chingus! And glad to see you here, dear @nohamahamoud2002 chingu! :wub:

And OMO!! Choi Daniel & Baek JIn Hee.... :wub: Hhahhaaaahaaaaaa..... Or should I call Nam Chi Won & Jwa Yun Yi..??! And then Yang Jung Gook goes like, "Father, just go home and watch Jugglers".... OMO!!! I love Yang Jung Gook for giving my Nam Chi Won boy so much love!! :) :wub:

5b1ad54c89053e6dbdfca092db4dd1b9825c0c46

Hello, chingu. Joining the fun. Put off watching this drama because uncomfortable with con man as hero.  But like both leads so finally gave it a try.  Great fun. It's really quirky! Wasn't expecting it.  What a mixed bag of serious relationship stuff and silly comedy. I especially loved the exchange between MI Young and Park Hoo Ja.  Watched the scene a few times and every time they talk at complete cross purposes it makes me giggle. So droll.  I liked the way the writer repeatedly used the idea of being "an assemblyman's wife" as part of the joke. I wonder if this is an inflated social status in Korea and they are laughing at it.  Also love the acting including especially Kim Min-Jung as Park Hoo Ja. She makes a very appealing villain. It would be so fun if she and Mi Young are actually sisters. And does anyone know who is singing that song Mi Young turns on in the car that plays as she strides slow mo into PHJ's office? Love the sound of that song! 

10 hours ago, ihyw said:

And does anyone know who is singing that song Mi Young turns on in the car that plays as she strides slow mo into PHJ's office? Love the sound of that song! 

Yeah, I want get that song too! It sounds so soothing & perfect! I am not sure but does it say anything about lying..?? :D Hah haaa.... I am pretty curious!

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Well, not curious about ALL of the villains, but definitely curious about the loan shark and her sisters. :D

Definitely!!! Me too! I love Park Hoo Ja so much! :joy: Can't wait to see more of her evilness!

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Thanks for the updates @gm4queen.

This was one of my favourite scenes.... @ktcjdrama :w00t:

Oh God my dear friend!!! You are making me so hungry even though I am full :sweat_smile:

Seriously she is a unique female villain that I've seen in a k-drama! The actress is portraiying Park Hoo Ja's character so well! I love her evilness! :wub: She's making this series even more fun to watch! Even her defeat is enjoyable!! What do you think, dear..??! :) She's hot as well!! :D

MyFellowCitizensE04-00486-copy.jpg

“My Fellow Citizens” Cast Shows Dedication And Chemistry In Behind-The-Scenes PhotosV/FILM

Apr 28, 2019
by S. Cho

1c9814304638406696b9522390eab1e5.jpeg?s=

The cast of KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “My Fellow Citizens” follows the motto, “Act seriously, film cheerfully,” and their latest behind-the-scenes stills prove it!

“My Fellow Citizens” is an upbeat comedy starring Super Junior’s Choi Siwon and Lee Yoo Young as a married couple who have no idea what their spouse does for a living. Every episode is filled with laughs and unexpected twists.

On April 27, the drama released new photos of the cast on set. The first picture shows Choi Siwon looking over his script together with producing director (PD) Kim Jung Hyun. Although his role as a con artist is somewhat hard to relate to, since he has no personal experiences similar to those of his character, Choi Siwon’s diligence in analyzing the script together with the production staff has enabled him to portray his character Yang Jung Gook convincingly.

Lee Yoo Young stars in the drama as Choi Siwon’s police officer wife Kim Mi Young, who becomes extremely nervous after discovering her husband’s job. In contrast to her tense character, the actress smiles brightly on set in the top right photo. As seen in the photos, Lee Yoo Young is said to exude a cheerful energy on set, where she brightens the atmosphere for her fellow actors and staff members.

Kim Min Jung plays the role of Park Hoo Ja, the fourth daughter of a legend in the moneylending industry, and the bottom left photo shows the actress monitoring her scenes diligently. Her attention to detail can be seen even through the photo.

Meanwhile, Tae In Ho, who portrays rookie politician Han Sang Jin, gets playful with the camera in the bottom right picture. The actor has been receiving praise from viewers for his convincing acting in the drama, with some commenting, “He looks just like a real politician!”

My-Fellow-Citizens2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1320539wpp/my-fellow-citizens-cast-shows-dedication-and-chemistry-in-behind-the-scenes-photos

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@gm4queen this is the new ost 

It's really beautiful, dear!! Thanks a lot for tagging me! :wub: I think it's so soft & smooth! And is it mean that YJG & KMY have something common..???! :D I am not really hoping to see them fall in love amidst Hoo Ja's evilness but this OST is way too sweet, isn't it dear..???!!! :)

And dear I just found Choi Si Won's soompi thread but it's archived!!! :cold_sweat: :dissapointed_relieved: :bawling: OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! His thread should be re-opened now!! He will probably gain more fans for him in this series!!

All my dramas are on Monday -Tues slot . Managed to check some links . 

I think he got 10% in the polls ! Can someone confirm ?

And oh my , they showed who was the cop that has been taking bribes from PHJ! 

@gm4queen if you wish to take over his 1st thread & update , let me know 

Watched half last night's episode and it was another entertaining 30mins. The debate continued and Hang Sang Jin made his stand clear that he will bring the subway line to their part of town. He threw all his principles away for now as he remembers the words of his advisors - deal with the politics later , win the war first.  And when JG surprisingly confronted him on air saying that Sang Jin had just told him the day before that that was not his stand , Sang Jin lied and denied it in his face. JG was shocked ...and you know JG stuck to his guns and said the only reason why they all wanted the subway line was so that property value will rise. He called everyone out , lol! That was really good. And you know when Mr Smear Campaign ask him who he is , he just said he was a con artist. I wanted to stand up and clap. He might just win this campaign, lol! 

And as expected MY and the cops played into Hoo Ja's schemes. But MY really needs to take a step back and not let emotions cloud her judgement and thinking. Though I can't blame her since it is her husband's life at stake . True there was a mole but as an experienced detective, the one thing that MY failed to verify was Ma's body. It is the most basic thing to do as a cop. How can she carry out the arrests with no body as evidence.  Hoo Ja foresaw that MY would be overly emotional and would be in a hurry to try and "save" JG, and hence MY  fell into her trap. MY will need to be more strategic in her thinking going forward as HJ is not an easy opponent to defeat.

Finished ep.17-18.

So excited with the latest development!!

MY is going to join the campaign team! About time.... LOL

I really like the way this drama is shot. The editing is so fun to watch, and the actors facial expression timing are always so on point. In case you didn't notice, JG's smile on his poster got a little bit wider when the poll result came in.

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished ep.17-18.

So excited with the latest development!!

MY is going to join the campaign team! About time.... LOL

I really like the way this drama is shot. The editing is so fun to watch, and the actors facial expression timing are always so on point. In case you didn't notice, JG's smile on his poster got a little bit wider when the poll result came in.

sound so promising!!!! cant wait to watch straight 2 episodes!!!

everyone, fighting!!!!

Archived