[Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분

0ly40

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2019 at 4:34 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am in too. It seems so comic. I appreciate a good laugh 

@Lawyerh @gm4queen @phoenix24 @Heidi Seow come and join. I like the trailers. Seems a comedy. My favourite genre.

@stroppyse I would be so happy if you join us here. You are so witty. I like your comments very much. :)

HI @nohamahamoud2002 chingu! Trailers looks great! My sister also asked me about this drama when she saw at KBS2. Maybe will watch it tonight or waiting until weekend marathon. :D

Thanks @stroppyse for the recaps . I love what I read . Both fell for each other on a rebound, so it will be interesting to see if they are able to filter out the real feelings they have for each other They were both not honest with the other at the start of the relationship - so there must be something there that is still keeping them  together after 2 years . . 

Lol! Lots of skinship / kisses to illustrate their quick romance :D 

4 kiss scenes apparently 

the proposal & wedding scene

Spoiler

Very happy for the show. Getting great reception. Busy days for me as well @stroppyse but manged to squeeze in a bit of the 1st episode & it was hilarious! Si Won has a multitude of expressions on his face & is perfect for this role . Pacing is fast & not a boring moment . Can’t wait to fully catch up later

trending 

I watched 1-4 series. The beginning was swift and funny. By the end of the series some recession had already appeared, but still it is very interesting what will happen next and how an ordinary swindler will become a deputy.:rolleyes:

Sivon really likes the drama! His grimaces fit perfectly here. And the relationship of his hero with his wife ... very touch my heart. He loves her, it is very clearly visible, but just afraid that she will catch it. And the family adds fuel to the fire ...

The police and her mother are very pleased. Especially, mother is beautiful in shape!:wub: Do not take your eyes off! And how she likes Sivon ...

And the vengeful lady here is very similar to her character in Mr. Sunshine. The images are practically identical ... All my attention attracts.

watched ep 1 and 2... @triplem ~ my reaction is rather of confusion! hahahahha.... so I am not sure if I like it or dislike it but I watched one whole hour and sort of curious to see ep 3 and ep 4. maybe am finding the whole tonal shift rather confusing? maybe instead of funny, am finding it kind of weirdly sad? 

a cop can't find a boyfriend and somehow, you end up feeling sorry for the cheating ex who complained how worried he was that she would end up dead.. and a conman who gets his heart broken.. yea @stroppyse ~ maybe he wasn't that experienced when it comes to women or maybe he just specializes in the kind of swindling that requires no heart involvement which is why he got so surprised at being conned himself... but the OTP does have chemistry and so it sort of makes sense that they don't want to divorce and that their feelings are strong even if it was a rebound....

anyway, my reaction on watching is just "hmmm???? bird-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862491"

@Lmangla the first eps is merely a set-up. I felt it got better when they introduced the female villain in the 3rd/4th eps. She wanted revenge for the sake of strengthening her own power. She took over her father's money lending business and she is trying to lobby for a change in a particular ruling  with regards to the capping of interest rates (for loans) . They also lay the foundation to how he would eventually end up running for the election. I also like the side characters - her mum, his crazy sis, his partners in crime. :D

@Lmangla, that ex-boyfriend is something else. I couldn’t believe how easily he turned himself into the victim by using her job as a cop against her. :blink: I’m not sure about my feelings on this drama yet (I usually don’t like con artist stories) but so far I do really like the OTP and the other characters I have seen so far so I’m willing to continue on.

Also, with the new twist of his identity paraded in the media, I suppose his con profession would take some hit because his face is exposed. However, I suppose running for politics can be a con job too. Heh Certainly the brave citizen role only happened by coincidence and kept getting reinforced through more coincidences. It’s like he’s conning the public through these coincidences. lol

9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Heh Certainly the brave citizen role only happened by coincidence and kept getting reinforced through more coincidences. It’s like he’s conning the public through these coincidences. lol

But how he does not want to play this role. :joy: But the fans said ahead! And that was all, he had to go and fulfill his functions, save the unfortunate agossi on the road ...

And his partners want to eat! And there is no more work ... But I think when he will run for deputies, they will take them with him as assistants. So they will all be together on the path of good!^_^

9 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@Lmangla, that ex-boyfriend is something else. I couldn’t believe how easily he turned himself into the victim by using her job as a cop against her. :blink: I’m not sure about my feelings on this drama yet (I usually don’t like con artist stories) but so far I do really like the OTP and the other characters I have seen so far so I’m willing to continue on.

so do understand that when it comes to cheating, people can have strong views but let me try and explain why rather than being angry, felt sad for both mi young as well as the ex-boyfriend.

so there are cases when cheating is the cause and there are cases where cheating is simply a symptom. when it is a symptom, cheating is simply the last step in the relationship break and actually there are lots of other underlying issues. and if the actual issues are dealt with, then sometimes, the relationship is able to mend as cheating is only a symptom. hope that makes sense...

so here, the actual issue was that the ex found it very difficult to handle her job -- he found himself unable to cope with the stress of being left behind and worrying for her. so rather than turning himself into a victim, it felt like more like him finally telling her that the relationship was failing because he was finding it too much to cope. honestly, felt bad for him as well as her when he was sharing his worries -- it takes a special kind of spouse/partner to handle that kind of worries day in and day out and it explains why folks in these kind of tough professions often struggle with their family life. no one asks the spouses how they feel but they too must find it tough no?

however, like mi young said, he should have talked to her and discussed these issues rather than trying to seek physical comfort elsewhere as a coping mechanism. but because cheating is a symptom, could understand why mi young chose to hide her job from jung kook. normally, this kind of deceptive start would annoy and frustrate me but here, it was easy to understand mi young's motivations.

so what does mi young do? she dusts off her makeup which she hasn't worn in ages, puts on a dress and goes out clubbing. it almost felt like mi young was trying to feel pretty again, something far different from her cop side. mi young is in a job that is not really ideal for a typical marriage but she is at an age and stage of life where she wants to get married. so, she hides it from jung kook because she is afraid that he would run. 

her ex raised several points which frankly are issues that women do face -- so she is in a profession that is male dominated and it is the type of profession that many men find it difficult to handle for a variety of reasons. know this girl who is an air force pilot and she shared once that it was difficult to date civilians because they simply cannot handle such pressure. so women officers usually end up dating a fellow officer....

what was interesting is that jung kook is actually in some ways the ideal guy for her. the first time he sees her, she is fighting and he is totally transfixed and attracted. he asks her to have a drink rather than running... and while he is stressed that she may find out about his actual job, in other ways, he is perfect to deal with that kind of stress a spouse of a cop would feel because he is also in that kind of field where there are lots of risks...felt sorry for jung kook also. somehow the idea of him being conned by his ex when his feelings were genuine seemed kind of sad rather than funny.

anyway, the premise is supposed to be funny but was kind of confused because it just made me feel sad instead. it is really about two people who wish for love and marriage but their professions means they are more likely to end up alone. so I like the OTP and hope they both find happiness but how will it happen? maybe that curiousity will be enough to make me keep watching...

@Lmangla, indeed I felt sad and amused when MY’s ex was justifying himself to her for his cheating. I also felt those two emotions when MY confessed her occupation to JK. Actually, his reaction made me laugh out loud even though it was pretty sad that she felt compelled to hide it from him. He was obviously shocked when he told her she could have confessed when they were dating or even during the preparations for their marriage. His father and sister also, in a comical way, seem dissatisfied with a cop as a daughter-in-law and sister-in-law. :lol: I guess MY’s mom will get her turn if and when she finds out her son-in-law is a conman. 

kekeke... no worries @stroppyse ~ we are allowed to have different opinions. :D but yea, this drama was a tad confusing for me because I didn't react the way I usually do! hahhaha... but siwon actually looks really like an adult now and it brings out the aunty in me thinking "omo when did he grow up so fast?!" hahahhaha... :sweatingbullets:

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for HJ, she's kind of scary, but her logic is also infallible which makes her smart and kind of cool. She took over her father's business, and she sees that the old paradigms don't work any more, so she's going to change things and has grabbed power for herself. She wants an assemblyman who will push the legislation that she wants and that she can control, and when she can't find one, she's going to create one from JK who has become a national hero.

watched a little bit of ep 3 but was having problem loading and was so confused by this chick. she comes across like a serial killer kind of scary where one can't really argue with her logic. :sweatingbullets:

Tonight is going to be fun. He’s gonna be “recruited “ to run for assembly ! :lol: Lots of epic car chases too 

the main cast is doing a second v live tonight 

fan cam spotted SW filming

Spoiler

I just finished watching last week's episode... It's pretty fun, although not impressive fun yet.

Really love their dating period, so sweeeeet.... and really sad for them how they've grown apart after the two years jump :( 

They still love each other for sure, interestingly.... From the preview we can see that one of the reasons JK will agree to run for the assembly is because MY's life/safety is at stake.

So I guess it's okay to assume all the fun teasers (of them hiding their true identities) we've seen so far will not happen in the show ya? Because I didn't expect that MY will tell him her job so early on their wedding day. I was under the impression they're going to live out their hidden identity life for a while as a married couple.

I managed to watch some raw cuts on IG late last night before falling asleep . Age is catching up :lol: . But it really does reinforce the fact that the OTP loves each other . But they are both aware that the marriage is far from great & they had a heart to heart talk at the very first restaurant they went together.

Halfway way through, JK went out to get something and was abducted. It’s true @ktcjdrama , the only reason he agreed to run for the elections was because they threatened MY’s life .

They even send the thugs to beat her up , but they were no match for her . But she did get injured & had to be treated at the hospital.  This was quite sad ..he rushed to the hospital after he was released. But it feels like further damage to their relationship 

Archived