Episodes: 32 (2 back to back episodes)

Genre: Comedy, Crime

Network: KBS

Airdate: April 1st - May 28th, 2019

Airtime: Monday & Tuesday @ 22:00 KST

Director: Kim Jung Hyun

Writer: Han Jung Hoon

Synopsis:

It  is a comedic criminal drama where a con man who got married to a police officer gets swept up in a series of unplanned incidents and ends up running to become a member of the National Assembly. Yang Jung Kook, is a con man from a family that commits fraud as their family business. He is trying to earn money to marry his girlfriend, so he approaches a loan shark to scam that person but ends up being scammed instead.

Cast:

Choi Si Won as Yang Jung Kook

1553588183441_187083.jpg

Lee Yoo Young as Kim Mi Young

1553588183560_187094.jpg

Kim Min Jung as Park Hoo Ja

1553588183652_187107.jpg

Tae In Ho as Han Sang Jin

1553588183767_187118.jpg

Kim Eui Sung as Kim Joo Myung

1553588183883_187129.jpg

chart relationship

D3DuA7AXgAAhOSz.jpg:large

OST

part 5

Spoiler

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 7

part 8

part 9

part 10

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Dear Citizens,국민 여러분 - Choi Si Won - Premieres in March 2019
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yippee !!  I am so happy & this seems like a role that suits him too . I was one of the few who adored him as Hyuk in Revolutionary love . 

Plus this is written by the scriptwriter who did BadGuys and will be directed by the PD who did Jugglers . Both are personal favourites for me .

Soompi article 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1269965wpp/choi-siwon-confirmed-play-lead-upcoming-kbs-drama

Choi Siwon Confirmed To Play Lead In Upcoming KBS Drama

Nov 27, 2018
by J. Lee

Choi Siwon has been cast for the lead role of an upcoming KBS drama.

On November 27, it was reported that the Super Junior member will star in ‘Dear Citizens’ (literal translation).

A source from Choi Siwon’s agency SM Entertainment confirmed, “Choi Siwon will appear in KBS’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Dear Citizens,’ which is scheduled to air next year.”

Choi Siwon will play Yang Jung Kook, a con man from a family that commits fraud as their family business. He is trying to earn money to marry his girlfriend, so he approaches a loan shark to scam that person but ends up being scammed instead.

“Dear Citizens” is a comedic criminal drama where a con man who got married to a police officer gets swept up in a series of unplanned incidents and ends up running to become a member of the National Assembly.

It is written by Han Jung Hoon, who wrote “Bad Guys” and “Squad 38,” and will be directed by PD Kim Jung Hyun, who directed “Jugglers.” The drama is slated to air in March 2019 after the finale of the second season of “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho.”

1 hour ago, JojoCx3 said:

So is this gonna be a comedy or action/crime? I didn't watch the PD's previous works .. but I know Squad 38 did kinda good in ratings?

I think it's crime with comedy. I did not watch Squad 38 but Bad Guys was really good crime drama with an unusual premise. One of my all time favourites and a hit for OCN. I think this is a genre that CSW will excel in. I am looking forward to it . I hope more casting news soon.

13 hours ago, triplem said:

I think it's crime with comedy. I did not watch Squad 38 but Bad Guys was really good crime drama with an unusual premise. One of my all time favourites and a hit for OCN. I think this is a genre that CSW will excel in. I am looking forward to it . I hope more casting news soon.

ah I see thank you! and I agree, I think Siwon gonna excel in it, I really can't wait for it! I love his acting! and hope he gets a good female lead.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, triplem said:

Yippee !!  I am so happy & this seems like a role that suits him too . I was one of the few who adored him as Hyuk in Revolutionary love . 

Plus this is written by the scriptwriter who did BadGuys and will be directed by the PD who did Jugglers . Both are personal favourites for me .

I happy Siwon has a drama too. I've liked him in every drama, loved him as Hyuk too. This role does sound like it was made for him. I loved Bad Guys so it's really good news to me that it's the same writer for this drama.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Dear Citizens,국민 여러분 - Choi Si Won & Lee Yoo Young - Premieres in March 2019
  • 1 month later...

this sound like it can be comedy gold regarding him running for national assembly :D But can also belive there gonna be sad part as wife figure out he is con man, and also those people electing him. I guess he also maybe gonna start caring for politic and turn a new leaf.even if it start out as not so nobel reason. I guess I really looking forward to this as I already start to think about the story.  :sweatingbullets:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/02/watch-the-first-script-reading-of-new-kbs2-drama-my-fellow-citizens-starring-siwon-lee-yoo-young-more

Watch the first script reading of new KBS2 drama 'My Fellow Citizens' starring Siwon, Lee Yoo Young, & more

20190207-myjpg.jpg

The cast and crew of upcoming KBS2 crime/comedy drama 'My Fellow Citizens' got together for their first script reading, back in December!

'My Fellow Citizens', produced by scriptwriter Han Jung Hoon of 'Bad Guys', '38 Squad', and more, tells the story of a swindler who accidentally marries a policewoman, becoming involved in various deceits and vents until he finds himself running for congressman. 

Super Junior's Siwon plays the role of the male lead Yang Jung Kook, a professional swindler who prides himself in evading the police. Opposite Siwon, actress Lee Yoo Young plays policewoman and Yang Jung Kook's girlfriend Kim Mi Young, who chose to hide her profession to her boyfriend for her own, personal reasons. 

Actress Kim Min Jung joins this cast as Park Hoo Ja, the daughter of a man running Korea's biggest loan shark enterprise, alongside numerous veterans including Tae In Ho, Kim Eui Sung, Yang Dong Geun, and more. 

Watch the actors and actresses test their chemistry for the first time on the set of their script reading, below! 'My Fellow Citizens' premieres this coming March 25!

https://www.vlive.tv/video/111402

On 2/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, triplem said:

Let’s watch this together . LYY is the female lead. I think she marries Si Won without knowing that he’s a conman 

dragonhiplz.gif?1 I'm in on this one! I've not watched LYY in anything but I've heard good things about her. and I'm just dying to have Siwon on my screen.  I really like Kim Min Jung too, this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Choi Si Won & Lee Yoo Young - Premieres on March 25th

I think the premiere date for this may have been pushed back from its original Mar launch.  It is supposed to take the place of Nieghbourhood Lawyer Mr Jo 2 (what a mouthful :lol:) on KBS in the Mon-Tue night slot.  I just read this in NLMJ2's  Wiki page.

• The drama went on hiatus (no episode was aired on January 28-29 and February 4-5) due to Park Shin-yang's surgery.

so it looks like it will finish end Mar - Assuming that NLMJ2 is 20 episodes.  That means Dear Citizens could well premiere first week of April?   Pure speculation on my part.  It will give them more time to film episodes in advance and not live film as much.  

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Dear Citizens, 국민 여러분 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Choi Si Won & Lee Yoo Young - Premieres on April 1st

Archived